Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

4 Ways To Make Money From The Present Fuel Situation In The Country - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Ways To Make Money From The Present Fuel Situation In The Country (514 Views)

Checkout Nigerian Currency From Past To Present. / CBN Blocks Money Transfers Into The Country From Most Operators / How To Create Job For Yourself In This Mass Unemployment Situation In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Make Money From The Present Fuel Situation In The Country by c2far: 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
The queues still exist at most filling station and except you have a fat wallet or a driver to ignore the queue and continue to pay N160-N500/litre then you may not need the services I am about to mention. And yes, two weeks ago fuel was N500/litre in Kaduna as the black market sold N2000 for a 4 litre keg.

1. Sell Information: If you are young and have a lot of time on your hands, and maybe even stay around a filling station, then therein lies an opportunity. Simple take note of the ongoings there, especially when the tankers bring fuel. While people are waiting on the queue hoping fuel will come, mark out your potential clients. Approach them telling them you stay around and can call them once a fuel tanker is around and about to offload. I'll likely pay for this information especially if I can be guaranteed a spot on the first 50 cars on the queue. If you get N500 from 5 car owners for this tip, that's N2500 for making just the right call.

2. Stand in the Queue for Car Owners: Option 2 works if you are a students and you can dress properly and speak properly. Since the scarcity started, I have only waited on the queue for a single day and after waiting three hours and I was like No. 60 on the queue, I was told they have stopped selling. That was the last time I queued. The hours mean much to me and of course to several people. I wished there was a young man I could leave my car in his car or even a lady. How would I be sure I am dealing with someone safe. Maybe if you show me your students ID card, tell me you can drive, have me speak with your mum or dad on the phone and then hand over the phone to me. I'll leave you with my car and will certainly be willing to pay N1000 and once it is almost my turn on the queue, you call me and I rush down to take over from there. I am a high risk taker and so I may be able to try this. Of course, maybe not in Lasgidi o! What is likely going to happen after a first time is that you'll get referrals to some other contacts from the network of the first car owner. You'll need to be smart here and use your gut feeling when thinking of who to approach. You can even ask them to let the car owner in front or behind you monitor you while you are on the queue for them.

3. Emergency Car Wash: Another business idea is to wash the car of people on the queue. This is easy to locate, just look at the cars and see the dirty one, the only reason that person is not at the car wash may be because he or she is hoping to get fuel first. It is also worth trying. For N500/car, you won't be surprised that other car owners will ask you to come over when you are done.

4. Sell funnels: This is already all over the place and the best place to sell is at the filling station. So I bought one for N500 in traffic and it is so convenient to use.

If you are a student or job seeker and you intend to execute any of the ideas above, take it a step further and try interacting with the car owner. He or she may just be your potential employer or have a link but ensure you have skills and the capacity so that you do not permanently shut the door. And again, remember to ask them to call you when next to need to buy fuel! That way, you'll be one of the few Nigerians that will be grateful for that the fuel crisis continues to linger! Who say's you are a bad Nigeria? You are just asking *in Platform's voice* What is in your hands!

Best wishes.
Re: 4 Ways To Make Money From The Present Fuel Situation In The Country by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
You mak sense though

(1) (Reply)

I Have $9 In My Perfectmoney Account Who Will Buy / Urgent Need Of Logistic And Warehousing In Abuja / 3 Lies Preventing You From Starting Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.