Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos (22823 Views)

Wike Inspects The Construction Of Shopping Mall In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Governor Dickson Visits Fayose, Inspects Ongoing Projects In Ekiti With Him / Fashola Inspects Ongoing Construction Of Oyo-ogbomosho Expressway(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by OAFMods: 3:30am On Apr 29, 2016
musicwriter:

Education is not the same in Europe, Asia, America, Africa. Education in the other places; except Africa, is based on their own languages, terms, culture, point of view, history, e.t.c. During slavery and colonialism, the original model of education in Africa was removed and replaced with what white people believe to be education. Same way they made their own languages official in our lands while our languages were relegated to the back seat.

The prerequisite for formal knowledge acquisition in Nigeria is English. The prerequisite for formal knowledge acquisition in Benin republic is French.
e.t.c.

No matter how intelligent a Yoruba boy, he cannot be educated in Africa, unless he speaks English. No matter how intelligent an Igbo girl, she cannot be educated in Africa, unless she speaks English.
e.t.c.

Get it?.

It ought not to be so!!. Because, this alone cuts off a large chunk of the African population from knowledge acquisition.

Of course, you would not understand these things cause you're already a victim of the system. Our leaders too are already victims, because nobody escapes it.

Lord Kwame Nkrumah, the founding father of African independence noticed these problems in the 50's. He was so embittered that he called education in Africa a "fraud". Unfortunately, he didn't live to make necessary changes.

Indeed, Lord Kwame Nkrumah noticed the problem with education in Africa. After observing the distortion of education in Africa, he said .

As you can see, the father of African independence who schooled in about 3 American universities called education in Africa a fraud. He even went further to say in future this education would create the type of elites that would become a problem to Africa's development!. This's the same problem you've observed, but unfortunately you can't fathom the cause of the problem is education.

Another African scholar Mr. C. Tsehloane Keto, observed that education in Africa was faulty and that it makes us surrender power to foreigners. Mr. Keto said

All the above gives white people intellectual superiority over us- which is why you see a white man giving instruction for a job done by Nigerians. It's so because we the African people have not realized the foolery in what we call education- the education cuts us off from real knowledge acquisition!. It only indoctrinate us!. We no longer remember what we have today is not true education but an indoctrination fed us by the British and French. The intellectual superiority white people exert over us is so big that a white man boasted to me recently saying

He had the audacity to say such to me because he understands we're being fooled with what they fed us as education during colonialism. He understands that knowledge is only knowledge, if they say so. He understands they create knowledge and that all we can do in Africa is copy and paste. Yet, the saddest part is that while white people understands the damage and how western education mess up our minds, but we Africans don't!.

Until African nations re-invent education and eschew what Fela Anikulapokuti called ''follow follow'' and what Bob Marley called ''mental slavery'' we'll remain in this situation of looking up to white people as a standard.

I've researched the problem with education in Africa and I know exactly what the problem is. In order for Africa to develop we must create a model of education that’s grounded in African philosophy, ideals, point of view, history, culture, e.t.c. A model of education without colonial hangovers. The same model of education the Japanese have used to acquire knowledge to build technological wonders and went to the moon without western influence. I’m talking about a model of education that will work for Africa!.

Canada USA Malaysia India n many more have their education system tailored using English-language with English being the predominant language.

While there is nothing wrong with being taught in African languages, I think Africans should stop wailing about frivolities. The list of countries with English as the primary language of learning abound with such countries doing significantly beta than Nigeria.

Nigeria n Nigerians need to quit making illogical excuses for their failures n strive to ensure sucess is achieved with the inherited system from the British. The system is not the problem Nigerians n their leaders are.

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by Happiness87(f): 5:57am On Apr 29, 2016
EmoBoy:
Can't nigerians build their roads without the input and assisstance of foreigners? In a country of millions, we depend on foreigners to build roads, find, drill, sell and refine oil, we depend on foreigners to manage our national football team.
This country sucks big time.
if I give you the contract will you use substandard material or not.

Do you have the best machinery to work, even the ones you have was it not imported??
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by Fyno: 6:25am On Apr 29, 2016
hinwazaka:
Construction of dualised road is not a new thing. Mr Govenor, complete the Monorail, and I will know if Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are working or not
how can he complete monorail when 85% of roads in Rivers State are bad
Monorail is like building castle in the air
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by gidgiddy: 7:52am On Apr 29, 2016
Nyesom Wike is a fraud and nothing but a photo-op Governor. This is a man as Minister of Education did nothing and cant point to any achievement in the education sector besides embezzling money.
He achieved absolutely nothing as Minister of Education and this is the man people expect to perform as Governor of River State. I can predict his performance use of substandard materials for projects,inflated contracts,massive corruption and more debt for Rivers.
Before you get a promotion you have to achievements to show,what can Wike point out what he achieved as Minister of Education,here lies the problem of Nigeria,rewarding failures and thieves to be leaders of the States with the biggest budgets in the county and 4-8 years from now Rivers State residents will be wondering were they went wrong. Africans were never meant for self rule

I never really liked Nyesom Wike, I'm not a fan of the man. But if having him as Governor is the price of keeping the devilish party called APC out of the SS/SE area then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by Sunnycliff(m): 10:03am On Apr 29, 2016
Guliver:
wike s a tout.yeye dey smell.
If this is what it shows to be a tout am joining wike!
#apczombies!!!
What has your civilized president ever commissioned
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by Mufasa27(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2016
omoakin111:
WHEN WILL BUHARI COMMISSION HIS FIRST SUCCESSFUL PROJECT. just asking grin
When is he done with his useless touring
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by shamecurls(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2016
[size=15pt]NGN50,000,000,000 loan in action[/size]

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by stevealibi: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2016
Dat how u will neva grow' wat bad' has he done 2 deserve ur useless criticism

Guliver:
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by Abagworo(m): 10:16am On Apr 29, 2016
shamecurls:
[size=15pt]NGN50,000,000,000 loan in action[/size]

Wike is doing some short and small basic roads which is good but I think he should stop claiming some of Amaechi's projects. The dual carriage road on that picture is Rumuokwurusi to Igwuruta road almost completed by Amaechi. Wike is doing well to round it up but it is crime against God and humanity to claim he started it or that he met it less than 85% completed. He made same claim at LNG road just by painting the road and opening a bridge almost completed by Amaechi.

Oroigwe, SARS and Igwuruta/Chokocho is to his credit if he completes them. That of SARS or Obio/Akpor modern market has been completed by Wike but the New Airport Road is more important than all of these tiny roads.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by overlord77: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2016
naijaboy756:
And some lazy never do -wells at the center will be blaming fall in oil price for the super mega stupidity. Is Wike's state not in Nigeria?

Don't mind them, the likes of omenka dat will never speak good of anything outside APC.
I never liked Amaechi or Wike neither did I like PH but with what this man is doing now, fixing d roads, the street lights, clearing trash. I believe he will be far better than that lousy ex-governor
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by dumie(f): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2016
I'm an advocate of a good governance.. Well when will Mr president/ Apc start fulfilling their campaign promises
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by Abagworo(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2016
Fyno:
how can he complete monorail when 85% of roads in Rivers State are bad
Monorail is like building castle in the air

Oyigbo needs a total overhaul. The roads in that semi-urban is terrible.
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by dandollaz: 10:19am On Apr 29, 2016
Guliver:
you will die hating this man.he is doing great job and need to be appraise at this hard time.when will buhari commission his projects
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by Bluffly: 10:20am On Apr 29, 2016
EmoBoy:
Can't nigerians build their roads without the input and assisstance of foreigners? In a country of millions, we depend on foreigners to build roads, find, drill, sell and refine oil, we depend on foreigners to manage our national football team.

This is the reason why racism still exists. If we start solving our own problem, nobody can look down on us. But because we run to them for everything, we have presented ourselves inferior to them. We the rate at which we chunk out Engineers in this country cum all the foreign trained ones, we cannot build our own roads ourselves. Shame.
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by asha80(m): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2016
Abagworo:

Oyigbo needs a total overhaul. The roads in that semi-urban is terrible.
someone I know that stays there says the same thing..iis like the local govt is not part of rivers state

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by yinkslinks(m): 10:25am On Apr 29, 2016
you sound like a sadist.
amaco12:
hahahahahahahahahaha.roads with open drainage.no walk way,no street light.well he has tried anyways but don't compare him with Amaechi.
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by Abagworo(m): 10:26am On Apr 29, 2016
overlord77:

Don't mind them, the likes of omenka dat will never speak good of anything outside APC.
I never liked Amaechi or Wike neither did I like PH but with what this man is doing now, fixing d roads, the street lights, clearing trash. I believe he will be far better than that lousy ex-governor

Don't compare Wike with Amaechi please. PH is dirtier now and drainages are getting blocked because of poor refuse management. Be sincere

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by damilove(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2016
OAFMods:

Wrong, the black race is just not ready for emancipation. Education is the same from Europe Asia Africa n the Americas. Anytime the black man is ready to do away with greed that is when Africa will progress.

The Europeans succeeded in taming their greed having realized there is no new land to be exploited or conquered, Africa is far from realizing conquering n exploiting its populace will not augur well for its development. Its not about education, its more of common sense / intelligence of the Africa leader.

I doubt if you are Nigerian and if you are then you're my kind of person. I wish I could find 5 of your type on this forum and I'm really serious about this. God bless you!
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by freeborn76(m): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2016
We should stop these pictures of road inspection, henceforth, let's take pictures of projects that have been completed and handed over to the people. Period!
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by chkpoint: 10:32am On Apr 29, 2016
EmoBoy:
DEAD WORDS. Have you asked, can't Nigerians govern themselves well? what is happening in the senate, how is the presidency doing? Even when the colonial masters were in charge Nigeria wasn't like this.
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by M4gunners: 10:41am On Apr 29, 2016
omoakin111:
WHEN WILL BUHARI COMMISSION HIS FIRST SUCCESSFUL PROJECT. just asking grin
When he had visited all the Country in the world and no one is ready to welcome him to his Country again, then he can think of initiating projects i guess.
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by wilcox(m): 10:47am On Apr 29, 2016
hinwazaka:
Construction of dualised road is not a new thing. Mr Govenor, complete the Monorail, and I will know if Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ are working or not
Mono wetin? No try am again. Of what use is the monorail to Rivers people? Abeg don't wish us doom. Wike is too wise to be deceived by mere simulation running on a laptop.
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by nbright: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2016
rodbel:

Joke is on you. I doubt u even stay in Rivers State then u will know what Wike is showcasing is child's play compared to what Amaechi did. I'll highlight some for you just in case

1. Rumuokwuta - Rumuola Rd.
2. Rumuokwuta - Choba (Uniport) Rd.
3. Ada George Rd (from NTA - ikwerre rd.)
4. Resurfacing of Airforce - Rupokwu link rd.
5. Trans Woji bridge
6. Oginigba to Slaughter rd.
7. Rumuodara - Artillery Jnct.
8. Diobu inner road
9. Water lines - Ikwerre Rd. (Ikokwu)
10. Resurfacing of GRA...

And these are in PH alone... other LGAs witnessed same

Not to talk of the World class schools he built in with Modern facilities to empower Rivers children...

Amaechi's feat in Rivers is laudable.

Or u want me to remind of you security

You well so? WhichTrans-woji bridge weyAmaechi build?
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by utunnegi: 11:00am On Apr 29, 2016
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by masterpix(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2016
Guliver:
sadist spotted
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by masterpix(m): 11:05am On Apr 29, 2016
Guliver:
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by Boller: 11:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Let him come and work on Elikpokpodu before i will know is doing something. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by overlord77: 11:57am On Apr 29, 2016
Abagworo:

Don't compare Wike with Amaechi please. PH is dirtier now and drainages are getting blocked because of poor refuse management. Be sincere

Ok
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by zubione: 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
Is it true that there is NO ELECTRICITY in Governor Wike's village? That he only decicided to buy soundproofs gen set to all his loyalist so that strangers and APC members living in his community will not benefit.

Personally, i don't believe it but someone should find out. My Governor in not partial in anyway.
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by rodbel(m): 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
nbright:
You well so? WhichTrans-woji bridge weyAmaechi build?

Who is this one now? I'll help u out sha at least u did not deny the other projects...

To help you out.. it's d bridge dt links "Odili road to Woji... Alcon road.

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by mikelbewise(m): 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
EmoBoy:

Well, foreigners do the same for America and other Asian countries .
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos by ozoemenaca: 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
Governor Wike is working

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue APC Zonal Caucus Meetings Turns Bloody, Many Feared Dead, Injured (photos) / 2019 Elections: Why INEC Boss, Mahmood Yakubu Should Be Prosecuted - HURIWA / 2023: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Bakare Favoured Presidential Hopefuls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.