Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Family Or The State? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family Or The State? (962 Views)

See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / So Confused Your Name Or Your Family Or Father's Name which is proper? / Land Libration (is It A Blessing To A Family Or Couse?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Or The State? by deathadder(m): 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2006
My Brother is a criminal but should I turn him to the law.

My younger brother robbed a house in our area of Lagos and took the TV
and Video and cash from a house. Me feel da guilt cos me knows is him do it.
Should I report my Boy to the law or protect him and hope him wont do it again.
Re: Family Or The State? by twinstaiye(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2006
If you turn him in, are you not the one that is going to spend all the money and problems associated with his arrest? Another thing is, should you not turn him in, one day he will put this robbery problem on your head so much that you wont fight your way out of it, or better still, he will end up robbing you too. The way out is dont turn him out if it is the first time, but if it is his hobby, better order for his arrest qyuick. Having said this, go underground, in Nigeria and in African settings, there is something you can do about your brother habit of robbery, either keep praying to God to wrestle him away from this vice or better still, go underground and use spiritual means. Goodluck o!
Re: Family Or The State? by mukina2: 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2006
report him before he gets to the stage where he'll hold the entire community under siege
report him put family ties and hold ur emotions think anout the harm he cold have causwed the other family
Re: Family Or The State? by deathadder(m): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2006
Me tank ya for the opinion.

Me worried if me turn him to the police he not only ganna get the prison and whatya but also
me heard when ya go prison ya gwanna meet all the wrong type people!

Me worried he comes out worse than when be go in! If he ever manages to come out in one peice,
Re: Family Or The State? by mukina2: 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2006
are you jamaican or nigerian?
Re: Family Or The State? by deathadder(m): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2006
Me dad was born in Grenada and me ma in England.

Me pa gotta job offer in Lagos 6 yrs aga noo. So me been ere for a while.

Wanna go Grenada ta live one day and be fisherman.
Re: Family Or The State? by mukina2: 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2006
good for you
Re: Family Or The State? by deathadder(m): 4:55pm On Nov 27, 2006
Me spoke to my bro last night, I told him if he carries on in this way I'll have to report him to the police.

He is responsible now for many muggings and house break ins in lagos and says he dont care if he goes to prison.

I think its his age and trying to rebel somehow. I even thought about giving him a good pasting so he knows what its like to feel vunerable like the peoples houses he breaks in to.

He lost all direction,

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Seun? / Lost Contact: Can Anyone Help Pls / Who Miss Me? Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.