Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate (38441 Views)

Femi Akinyemi Dumps PDP For APC In Ekiti / "I Will Be Running For President Again" - Tunde Bakare / ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mr. Akinyemi Agbede, a self described "super genius", is in the running for a United States senate seat from the great state of California. He is running on the platform of the Democratic Party alongside 34 other candidates, including heavy favorites - incumbent U.S. Representative Loretta Sanchez and California's Attorney-general, Kamala Harris.
Incumbent U.S. senator, Barbara Boxer, declined to run for another term of office having served 26 years in the U.S. Senate.

According to his campaign website, he was born 5th of May, 1964 in Lagos Nigeria (West Africa) to the families of Mr. & Mrs. Israel Dada Agbede. He attended Baptist Academy Obanikoro, Lagos Nigeria for his Higher School Certificate and came out with distinction, Studied Mathematics at the University of Lagos, Lagos Nigeria. Ph.D in Mathematical Analysis from the World most prestigious Ivy League University, University of Cambridge England, United Kingdom. He also attended the prestigious Redeemed Christian Bible College, Lagos Nigeria and came out also with distinction.

Thereafter, he came to the United States in 2001 after he won the U.S Permanent Resident Lottery. However, since being in the United States, he has tremendously used his super genius brain to the benefit of the American students by instilling in them skills, confidence and competence in solving ANY Mathematical problems.

California's primary will be held on June 7, but early voting begins on May 9th. California law requires the names of candidates for U.S. Senate and other state-wide offices to be put on a single ballot for the primaries. The top two candidates that receive the most votes, regardless of party, will advance to the November 8 general election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js24BXVnHks

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
He ran for California governor in 2014, but couldn't make it past the primary. He received over 10,000 votes in the primary.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by dunkem21(m): 12:04am On Apr 24, 2016
Goodluck in your quest ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by wordbank(m): 12:07am On Apr 24, 2016
Dreams come true

6 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Oyiboman69: 12:13am On Apr 24, 2016
my brother I beg go where you will be welcomed with your abilities, here in naija,na ritualist and abero they win election...

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 24, 2016
wordbank:
Dreams come true
It will be tough for him, considering the political heavyweights he is up against, especially Rep Loretta Sanchez and Ms. Kamala Harris.

I wish him all the best though

16 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 24, 2016
As a US Senator, he will earn a yearly salary of $175,000.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Wyttcat: 12:33am On Apr 24, 2016
Nice, everything is possible. New Mexico just had their first Latino and female gov. So Nigerian in the US Senate is ripe.

6 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
Nice, everything is possible. New Mexico just had their first Latino and female gov. So Nigerian in the US Senate is ripe.

Governor Susana Martinez is being floated as a possible running mate to Donald Trump.

4 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:

It will be tough for him, considering the political heavyweights he is up against, especially Rep Loretta Sanchez and Ms. Kamala Harris.

Just competing with them is BIG achievement already. Any African who thinks globally & is not intimidated by whites/caucasians/indos has my respect any day.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Wyttcat: 12:38am On Apr 24, 2016
He can unseat the non performing heavyweights if he has the right message. The demographics of his district count, and if he can catch in on the anti establishments momentum sweeping through some part of the country, it's will be a great place to start.
CFCman:

6 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Wyttcat: 12:42am On Apr 24, 2016
Oh wow! I've not seen that. Hmm! He needs Latina votes.
CFCman:

Governor Susana Martinez is being floated as a possible running mate to Donald Trump.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
He can unseat the non performing heavyweights if he has the right message. The demographics of his district count, and if he can catch in the anti establishments momentum sweeping through some part of the country, it's will be a great place to start.

Right.
He would need to spend big on TV ads and also embark on aggressive social media marketing. His total campaign spending for the primary (and possible general election) should be no less than $1 million because of the size of the state.

5 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
Oh wow! I've not seen that. Hmm! He needs Latina votes.

Bill O' Reilly floated the idea on Fox. But the snag is that she just criticized Trump's plan to build a wall on the US-Mexico border, and deport all undocumented immigrants as "unrealistic" and "offensive".
So, I'm not really sure she would accept the call from Trump.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Wyttcat: 12:51am On Apr 24, 2016
This is where some Nigeria money bags need to sink their money. I hope he has good people, I hope he gets to see this and make you one of his media aids grin
CFCman:

Right.
He would need to spend big on TV ads and also embark on aggressive social media marketing. His total campaign spending for the primary (and possible general election) should be no less than $1 million because of the size of the state.

3 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Wyttcat: 12:54am On Apr 24, 2016
Never trust politicians. Remember how Ryan didn't want to be the speaker but now is.
CFCman:

Bill O' Reilly floated the idea on Fox. But the snag is that she just criticized Trump's plan to build a wall on the US-Mexico border, and deport all undocumented immigrants as "unrealistic" and "offensive".
So, I'm not really sure she would accept the call from Trump.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
This is where some Nigeria money bags need to sink their money. I hope he has good people, I hope he gets to see this and make you one of his media aids grin
Lol grin

I can volunteer for him. I can help distribute campaign fliers and market him on social media.

5 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
Never trust politicians. Remember how Ryan didn't want to be the speaker but now is.

Ryan had no choice as virtually all the Teapublicans in the House wanted him to be Speaker. But Trump will have other people to choose from as Vice President. Chris Christie is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by FastShipping: 1:00am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:
As a US Senator, he will earn a monthly salary of $175,000

That's not true.

1 Like

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by GetUmad: 1:01am On Apr 24, 2016
You guyz up there have just wasted spots meant for dem name checkers.

Would you just keep shut and usher them in for proper vetting of the thread?

5 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 24, 2016
FastShipping:

That's not true.
Actually its $174,000 per year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by FastShipping: 1:06am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:

Actually its $174,000 per month.

That's not true. It is per year.

$174K per month is $2,088,000 per year. No U.S Senator earns over $174k per year.

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/senate_salaries.htm

7 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Wyttcat: 1:06am On Apr 24, 2016
Christy was the first to endorse Trump and I thought he should be the vice president, but he looks like the Vp position is going to be used to cut deals as NRC is wielding everything in their arsenal to fight Trump. This people will scuttle Trump's chances if they can't get their own person firmly planted with him in the white house.
CFCman:

Ryan had no choice as virtually all the Teapublicans in the House wanted him to be Speaker. But Trump will have other people to choose from as Vice President. Chris Christie is one of them.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 24, 2016
FastShipping:

That's not true. It is per year.

$174K per month is $2,088,000 per year. No U.S Senator earns over $174k per year.

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/senate_salaries.htm
Yes. I meant to say per year. My mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
Christy was the first to endorse Trump and I thought he should be the vice president, but he looks like the Vp position is going to be used to cut deals as NRC is wielding everything in their arsenal to fight Trump. This people will scuttle Trump's chances if they can't get their own person firmly planted with him in the white house.
The establishment's trump card would make or break the Donald
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by naijaking1: 1:16am On Apr 24, 2016
Good. We should all support our own in the US

5 Likes

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 24, 2016
Senate Fundraising Reports Confirm Kamala Harris Is the One to Beat

A cursory look at fundraising data from the fourth quarter of 2015 confirms what polls and endorsements have shown from the start: California’s attorney general, Democrat Kamala Harris, is the person to beat in the race to replace retiring U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer.

In its filing with the Federal Election Commission (FEC), the Harris campaign reports having raised nearly $2 million from individuals, PACs and other sources in the last four months of 2015. She has nearly $4 million in the bank with the June 7 primary a little over four months away.

That’s about twice as much cash on hand as her closest competitor, Democratic Orange County Rep. Loretta Sanchez, has amassed. Her campaign reports having raised $865,031 the last quarter, with $2.1 million in the bank. But that includes a $300,000 loan from the candidate last year and $475,000 in transfers from other campaign-related committees.
The leading Republican in the latest Field Poll, Assemblyman Rocky Chavez from San Diego, reports raising just $14,101, with a paltry $369 left to spend.
http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2016/02/01/senate-fundraising-reports-confirm-kamala-harris-is-the-one-to-beat

Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Wyttcat: 1:32am On Apr 24, 2016
I love Trump and I understand he's not a politician but, he stumbled way too many times. He hired some politicians recently and has decided to start using Tp, so I hope he will do better.
CFCman:

The establishment's trump card would make or break the Donald
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by itstpia8: 1:34am On Apr 24, 2016
nice one.

Is he from Lagos or?

Also, I checked his previous video for 2014 and his name was pronounced agabede instead of Agbede.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 24, 2016
Wyttcat:
I love Trump and I understand he's not a politician but, he stumbled way too many times. He hired some politicians recently and has decided to start using Tp, so I hope he will do better.
His convention manager should better handling the state delegate elections to prevent Ted Cruz from further gaining more unpledged delegates.

The first big test for Paul Manafort would be to lead the effort in convincing Pennsylvania's 54 unpledged delegates to vote for Trump at the convention.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Wyttcat: 1:50am On Apr 24, 2016
I still don't get how Trump people watched Cruiz grabbed those delegates. They need to do something and do it really fast because the convention second ballot will not be in Trump's favor.
CFCman:

His convention manager should better handling the state delegate elections to prevent Ted Cruz from further gaining more unpledged delegates.

The first big test for Paul Manafort would be to lead the effort in convincing Pennsylvania's 54 unpledged delegates to vote for Trump at the convention.
Re: Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate by Badgers14: 2:14am On Apr 24, 2016
CFCman:

Chris Christie grin grin grin
I doubt he is Trump's radar...
I would say Ben Carson.. Not that i am big fan but... He needs minority votes especially AA from voting Clinton.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping / List Of Senatorial Candidates For The 36 States And FCT And Their QUALIFICATION / Police Releases List Of Authorized Siren Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.