Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? (1938 Views)

Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? / Nairaland Atheists Can't Go A Day Without Talking About The Loving God. / This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by ettaetta(m): 4:17am On Apr 24, 2016
The idea of a loving God sending people to Hell Fire to burn for eternity is not easy to accept. Why would God, who is full of love, compassion mercy and grace, send people to a place of torment for ever and ever when he told us to forgive our enemies 70 times 7 every day?.
Am Confused here, am not yet convinced hell fire exist.
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Rossikki: 4:48am On Apr 24, 2016
God does not send anybody to hell. Hellfire is a fairytale. It doesn't exist. The real surprise is that grown men actually believe that such a thing exists. They were taught this when they were children, and they grew up without dropping the fairytale. I'm sure if they really sat down and thought hard about it as adults, they'd realise it is a really silly notion to attribute to the creator of the universe. But of course, many want to remain children forever.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by coolebux(m): 4:52am On Apr 24, 2016
Don't be confused because you'll know why when you find yourself there

You're just a potential candidate of damnation

Why aare you judging God with your feeble senses?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Emrixx(f): 4:57am On Apr 24, 2016
This man watch wat u say
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by ettaetta(m): 5:21am On Apr 24, 2016
coolebux:
You're just a potential candidate of damnation
and who are u to judge me?

I believe God is a loving and caring heavenly father so there is no way he would create hell. Prove me wrong, what you said didnt even answer my question

7 Likes

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 24, 2016
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Tallesty1(m): 6:09am On Apr 24, 2016
ettaetta:

I believe God is a loving and caring heavenly father so there is no way he would create hell. Prove me wrong, what you said didnt even answer my question
God don't send people to hell, those that will end in hell go there because they chose to.
johnydon22:

I have no interest in this discussion you all are having here but i just want to tell a small story in relation to your post above.

You bought a new phone and was enjoying music on your phone while walking on the road, life has never been sweeter.

then out came Mr Yah with a gun pointed to your face, "Give me your phone or i shoot you"

Now you have been given two options either give mr Yah your phone or he shoots and you are dead man.

You refuse to give him your phone then mr yah pulls the trigger.

Now later mr Yah was apprehended and in court his lawyer makes exactly the same case you made above.

"Your honour, mr yah is innocent of murder he didn't kill mr tallesty, in fact mr tallesty committed suicide..." Mr Yah's lawyer said.

"How so?" the judge asked baffled.

"You see your honour, Mr Yah gave mr tallesty a choice, either give him the phone or takes the bullet.
Mr tallesty had the opportunity to save his life by choosing to give mr Yah the phone but he didn't, instead he refused.

So you see, Mr Yah didn't kill mr tallesty rather mr tallesty chose to die..

And then the Judge acquitted mr Yah on the conclusion that you chose to commit suicide and mr Yah didn't kill you.

This is just the same thing you wrote up there "god is equally as innocent of sending you to hell as much as the armed robber is innocent of killing you.

It is not a free choice when you give people 2 nonsensical options, it's rather blackmail.
Nice epistle but it is flawed because there's destruction in either side of it.

It is either I lose my life or phone.

I also had limited time to make up my mind and y'know that power explodes thorough the barrel of guns so I didn't make the decision with clear mind.

Human beings are such hypocrites sha. If a man jumps from nowhere now and steals the phone you're using to post this, you will scream ole and he will be given a hot pursuit.

If caught, he will be killed and burnt because he stole a phone and deserves to die but when God comes for us for our own secret sins, we say he's not a loving God.

When the NA guns bokoharam down without giving them chance to surrender their weapons, we hail and call them gallant soldiers but when God comes for our hidden acts we say he's not a loving God.

When Soldiers massacred Shiite Muslims we said how dare them stop a commander.

We have court that sentence people to many years imprisonment and sometimes death by hanging and we hail them but when God comes for us we say that he can't be a loving.

God created the earth and everything in it and gave them to us free of charge, the only that is required of us is to love him and love our neighbours but we rebel against him and our neighbours.

We kill people, steal their property, rape their daughters, seduce their wives, block their progress, set them up and jail or kill them illegally, destroy their farms and animals. We give them hell on earth but when God comes for us we say he can't be a loving God. Do we know love?

The question should be why will a loving God Not send people to hell cause we deserve more.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Richirich713: 6:14am On Apr 24, 2016
ettaetta:

So what happens to those who don't want to be in heaven?
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by SamJed(m): 6:23am On Apr 24, 2016
Here is the simple answer...God does not send anyone to hell, whoever goes to hell goes there by himself. First of all, hell was created for the devil and not us, the devil decided that he won't be alone there so he decided to make us do what God doesn't like which is sin and since God doesn't like it, you have to be with the other person. The bible said ''i have placed before you life and death but choose life that you may live. He gave us a free will and still advised us to choose the right one, clearly meaning that if you choose the wrong one you are OYO. The thing with us is that most time we like interpreting the bible the way we want. You that saw that God is a merciful God didnt see where the bible says flee from all appearances of evil. My dear if you are blaming God who 'claims' to be a loving father father for telling you that you will go to hell for commiting sin then you should blame the constitution for telling you that you will go to jail if you are a criminal.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by ettaetta(m): 6:32am On Apr 24, 2016
Richirich713:

he wages for sin is death, not eternal punishing and torment that is what the bible teaches
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by chukslawrence(m): 6:33am On Apr 24, 2016
You send ur self!
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Skryptchex(m): 6:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Ask urself this questions.. .

-Is there anyrhing called the devil.. ..
- if dere is, where does he stays or belong to..
- since there is a reward for being good, shouldn't there be a reward for being bad also
- since God has his own followers and they stay in heaven, where does devil and his followers reside.

Answer those firstfirst

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Richirich713: 6:41am On Apr 24, 2016
ettaetta:
he wages for sin is death, not eternal punishing and torment that is what the bible teaches

Do u hold on to the doctrine of Annihilationism ?
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Crysallis(m): 6:42am On Apr 24, 2016
Hell is very real. It is mentioned in Revelation. Hell was created for the devil and his agents so if a person decides to act according to d will of the devil, he/she becomes an agent of d devil and consequently inherits hell.

God is a loving father, he pardons those who seek forgiveness n change their way. This is because hell wasnt created for a human he made in his image and likeness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Luckylife(m): 6:43am On Apr 24, 2016
Spiritual Story by Unknown
A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation and talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:"I don't believe that God exists."
"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.
"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?Would there be abandoned children?If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."
The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what?Barbers do not exist."
"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber.
"I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"
"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.
"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."
"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! Because people do not look to God for help is why there's so much pain and suffering in the world." those that went there chose to be there via their actions likewise we that must try heaven that we choose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by ettaetta(m): 6:45am On Apr 24, 2016
Richirich713:

Do u hold on to the doctrine of Annihilationism ?
yes that makes more sense

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by abbeyty(m): 7:10am On Apr 24, 2016
how many of you have been to hell or heaven before to be so sure they exist?
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 24, 2016
Why would a loving God give Cannan to Israel, knowing they would have a to destroy it's inhabitants to inherit it undecided

God has like wise, given this world to his children. The difference is that becoming His child is a matter of choice. To inherit, non children will be destroyed.
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by orunto27: 7:24am On Apr 24, 2016
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by ettaetta(m): 7:27am On Apr 24, 2016
Muafrika2:
Why would a loving God give Cannan to Israel, knowing they would have a to destroy it's inhabitants to inherit it undecided

God has like wise, given this world to his children. The difference is that becoming His child is a matter of choice. To inherit, non children will be destroyed.
that is diffrent from eternal torment in hell fire

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Richirich713: 7:28am On Apr 24, 2016
ettaetta:
yes that makes more sense

Well that means u do believe God created hell for the wicked, just in a different sense to most christians (eternal torture). I thought u meant there's no hell at all or punishment for the wicked.
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Donpizzle(m): 7:31am On Apr 24, 2016
kiss undecided
ettaetta:

WAGES for sin is DEATH. that means the
SALARY for sin is HELL FIRE undecided
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 24, 2016
ettaetta:
that is diffrent from eternal torment in hell fire
That eternal torment is the destruction. Those being tormented will lose their heritage on the earth just before then.
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by ettaetta(m): 7:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Donpizzle:
kiss undecided

WAGES for sin is DEATH. that means the
SALARY for sin is HELL FIRE undecided
death and eternal torment cannot be the same
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by FuckDModz: 7:48am On Apr 24, 2016
Xx
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by ettaetta(m): 7:48am On Apr 24, 2016
Muafrika2:

That eternal torment is the destruction. Those being tormented will lose their heritage on the earth just before then.
i dont understand, can you throw more light on that?
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by ettaetta(m): 7:58am On Apr 24, 2016
Emrixx:
This man watch wat u say
and whats wrong with what i asked?
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by goodnews201668: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2016
Richirich713:

They will ceast to exit, destroyed. That's enough punishment!
Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by johnydon22(m): 8:03am On Apr 24, 2016
Tallesty1:
God don't send people to hell, those that will end in hell go there because they chose to.

I have no interest in this discussion you all are having here but i just want to tell a small story in relation to your post above.

You bought a new phone and was enjoying music on your phone while walking on the road, life has never been sweeter.

then out came Mr Yah with a gun pointed to your face, "Give me your phone or i shoot you"

Now you have been given two options either give mr Yah your phone or he shoots and you are dead man.

Now later mr Yah was apprehended and in court his lawyer makes exactly the same case you made above.

"Your honour, mr yah is innocent of murder he didn't kill mr tallesty, in fact mr tallesty committed suicide..." Mr Yah's lawyer said.

"You see your honour, Mr Yah gave mr tallesty a choice, either give him the phone or takes the bullet.
Mr tallesty had the opportunity to save his life by choosing to give mr Yah the phone but he didn't, instead he refused.

And then the Judge acquitted mr Yah on the conclusion that you chose to commit suicide and mr Yah didn't kill you.

This is just the same thing you wrote up there "god is equally as innocent of sending you to hell as much as the armed robber is innocent of killing you.

It is not a free choice when you give people 2 nonsensical options, it's rather blackmail.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by dollyjoy(f): 8:16am On Apr 24, 2016
Tallesty1:
hello,can you please expatiate? Because i believe no one wants to inherite eternal destruction.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by dollyjoy(f): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2016
johnydon22:

wow! Just wow!!

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire? by vizkiz: 8:21am On Apr 24, 2016
Luckylife:
Spiritual Story by Unknown
A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation and talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:"I don't believe that God exists."
"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.
"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?Would there be abandoned children?If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."
The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what?Barbers do not exist."
"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber.
"I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"
"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.
"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."
"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! Because people do not look to God for help is why there's so much pain and suffering in the world." those that went their chose to be there, likewise we that must make heaven that we choose.

so you are saying Christianity is blackmail? Bro what did you smoke last night? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does God Reveal Exam Questions to Christians ?? / Fine Tuning Of The Universe, Prove Of A Designer Or Not / Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.