Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart (6093 Views)

Powerful Photos Of A Mother Who Gave Birth At The Entrance Of The Delivery Room. / Fathers' Day: 20+ Powerful Photos Of Dads In The Labor Room & Their New Babies. / 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:00am On Apr 24, 2016
The world has witnessed a lot. Millions of photos are clicked everyday, but some of these capture moments that are truly unforgettable and heart wrenching. That is the brilliance of photography. It is so much more than just a visual aid. It is an emotion brought to life no matter when you choose to revisit it.

Having said that, here are 40 powerful photos from around the world that will break your heart:

1. A Koala is fed water by a firefighter during the Black Saturday bushfires in Australia, 2009.

2. A 17-year-old girl offers a flower to a soldier during the Pentagon Anti-War Protest in October, 1967.

3. A widow receives her husband's body about after 63 years. Army Sgt. 1st Class Joseph Gantt died as a PoW during the Korean War in 1951.

4. Robert Peraza falls to his knees as he touches his son's name at the 9/11 memorial.

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:03am On Apr 24, 2016
5. A sergeant looks after a 2-week-old kitten during the Korean War.

6. A Japanese girl placed in isolation for radiation screening looks at her dog through the window.

7. A dog sits next to the grave of its owner, who passed away in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janeiro in 2011.

8. John F Kennedy Jr. at his father's funeral, saluting his coffin. JFK was assassinated on 22nd November, 1963.

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 24, 2016
Fourth one makes me cry. I remember.
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Smellymouth: 10:04am On Apr 24, 2016
Chaii
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by lokito: 10:07am On Apr 24, 2016
These photos are lugubrious and lachrymose

1 Like

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Smellymouth: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2016
Touching
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by tunaguy(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2016
Make i park
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by queenoflafia(f): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2016
Touching! But I am still waiting for the 40th
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:10am On Apr 24, 2016
9. A South Korean cries as a North Korean relative waves goodbye. A temporary 3-day family reunion was allowed after 60 years between families from across the border in October, 2010.

10. Father and son in 1949, 2009 and 2011.

11. A couple kisses after the girl was knocked down by a policeman during the Vancouver riots, which occurred after Boston Bruins' win over the Vancouver Canucks, in June, 2011.

12. The LIFE magazine photo of U.S. Navy Officer Graham Jackson, a friend of President Roosevelt, playing at his funeral April, 1944.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Smellymouth: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2016
lokito:
This photos are lugubrious

Patrick Obahiagbon, I greet you Sir!!

11 Likes

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Modsenemy(f): 10:11am On Apr 24, 2016
No 7. Is so so so touching cry cry

Wat a lonely world
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by lokito: 10:15am On Apr 24, 2016
Smellymouth:

Patrick Obahiagbon, I greet you Sir!!

With your smellymouth na my phone do the error ojare
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 10:16am On Apr 24, 2016
queenoflafia:
Touching! But I am still waiting for the 40th
yes oh! We are waiting.
you are very busy this morning!
This is the third thread i've seen you in today. Well done
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Smellymouth: 10:18am On Apr 24, 2016
lokito:

With your smellymouth na my phone do the error ojare

grin cheesy morning sir!
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by lokito: 10:19am On Apr 24, 2016
Smellymouth:

grin cheesy morning sir!

Morning bros. Happy Sunday
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2016
13. A Russian soldier plays an abandoned piano in Chechnya, 1994.

14. Jacqueline Kennedy in her suit stained with her husband's blood right after his assassination, as Lyndon Johnson takes the oath on 22nd November, 1963. The moment prompted Lady Bird Johnson to say: “Her hair was falling in her face but she was very composed. I looked at her. Mrs. Kennedy’s dress was stained with blood. One leg was almost entirely covered with it and her right glove was caked, it was caked with blood – her husband’s blood. Somehow that was one of the most poignant sights – that immaculate woman, exquisitely dressed, and caked in blood.”

15. A widow leans on her husband's headstone on the day before their wedding anniversary on 16th October, 2013.

16. Navy chaplain Luis Padillo gives last rites to a soldier wounded by sniper fire during a revolt in Venezuela.

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by eitsei(m): 10:21am On Apr 24, 2016
So touching especially number 3 and 4
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Smellymouth: 10:22am On Apr 24, 2016
lokito:

Morning bros. Happy Sunday
Wish you the same bro. I hope you went to church?
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by madridguy(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2016
Interesting and informative.
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:24am On Apr 24, 2016
17. A man jumps to his death from the World Trade Centre during the 9/11 attack.

18. The unknown yet famous 'Tank Man', who stood in front of a column of Chinese tanks on June 5, 1989, during the Tiananmen Square protests.

19. A journalist runs across a bridge to rescue a baby during the Civil War in 1936.

20. 12-year-old Brazilian kid, Diego Torquato, plays violin at his teacher's funeral, who had helped him escape violence & poverty through music.

1 Share

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by lokito: 10:27am On Apr 24, 2016
Smellymouth:

Wish you the same bro. I hope you went to church?

Sure na. In Catholic Church before you say "jack Robinson" we are done. No time
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:28am On Apr 24, 2016
21. Marine Staff Sgt. Marc Golczynski's son accepts the flag for his father during a memorial service. He was shot a few weeks before he was due to return home.

22. A 7-month-old is held by his mother at a rescue center in Kenya.
The child is said to have made a full recovery.

23. A French citizen cries as the Nazis occupy Paris during the IInd World War.

24. Soldiers rescue a 4-month-old baby girl who went missing for 4 days after the Japanese Tsunami in March, 2011.

2 Shares

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2016
25. A small kid tries to pull his alcoholic father back to his feet.

26. The final embrace of a couple that died after a factory collapsed in Bangladesh.

27. A young man holds his face in the rain in the city of Rangoon. Cyclone Nargis hit Myanmar leaving millions homeless and over 1,00,00 dead in May, 2008.

28. A violinist cries while playing at a 9/11 memorial service in Vancouver.

1 Like

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by juniorportland(m): 10:31am On Apr 24, 2016
touching
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2016
29. A Japanese woman cries after earthquake and tsunami struck Japan in March, 2011.

30. This one speaks for itself.

31. An African girl is actually part of a zoo! A human zoo in Belgium, 1958.

32. A Turkish official teases Armenian kids by showing them a piece of bread during the Armenian Genocide, 1915.

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2016
33. A Red Cross nurse writes the last words of a British soldier during WWI.

34. A Chinese paramilitary police recruit starts crying before being shipped for service.

35. A war veteran from Russia kneels in front of a tank that he spent the war in. The tank is now a museum.

36. A priest prays over those who died in the Titanic accident before burying them at sea.

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Jayjay0(m): 10:38am On Apr 24, 2016
embarassed
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by simtosul: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2016
37. A monk prays for an old man who died while waiting for a train in China.

38. A monk in Vietnam self immolates in a protest against persecution of Buddhists by South Vietnam’s Ngo Dinh Diem administration.

39. The Hindenburg Disaster in June, 1937.

40. This picture clicked in Chicago, 1948 shows it all. Despair, desperation, innocence and shame.

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothernews/powerful-photos-world/

2 Shares

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by monimekaz(m): 11:00am On Apr 24, 2016
For the first in a 5 years ... I shed tears ... Op give me your house address, konga will deliver Ten bottles of Aromatic Shnnapp there

1 Like

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 24, 2016
Nice thread.
#sniffs#
Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Ruq: 11:07am On Apr 24, 2016
Damn! The black girl as a zoo animal. That's some big shi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 24, 2016
Ex American presidents been through lots mehn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, What Do You Think Of This Engagement Ring? / My Ex-girlfriend Started Calling Me After Three Year Of Our Breakup / VIDEO: Nigerian Female Cadet Tortured By Senior Air Force Officers. Horrifying!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.