Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Driving With Or Without Shoes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving With Or Without Shoes (15810 Views)

Where Can I Learn Driving With A Cheaper Amount / Driving With Original Drivers License, Good Or Bad? / Does Driving With The AC On Actually Use More Fuel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
Happy Sunday folks,

I was wondering if I'm the only one that feels weird driving with shoes on. Not necessarily heels, but any form of footwear. I feel obstructed, like, I won't drive properly if I'm not barefooted. Am I the only one?

10 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by colossus2: 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
Happy sunday smiley

3 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
checking moniker gender............ grin

18 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by cassidy1996(m): 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
i love driving without shoes, it makes me free just like am walking.....

15 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by femmykenny: 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
I feel more comfortable when driving without shoe.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by colossus2: 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
Celestial people on the thread grin
So you wear socks and lace your shoe, then when you get to the car you pull off.
When you get to the office or your destination, you put on your shoe again grin

43 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by colossus2: 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
cassidy1996:
i love driving without shoes, it makes me free just like am walking.....
Are you walking or driving? cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
I've always driven with shoes.

From a safety standpoint, it's not advisable. In the event of a crash, shoes will go a long way to protecting your feet from the pedals, which may be forced into the car, and could cut your feet. Sever your major artery, and you could bleed to death before rescuers could cut you free.

If you feel uncomfortable driving with shoes or any other form of footwear, then you need to reverse that habit. I don't know of any driving school (exc. Nigeran ones) who's instructors will permit you to take driving lessons barefoot. Or any examiner who would put you through your driving test with your feet exposed.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by niceeric(m): 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
I take it that the OP is new to driving......I also had thesame 'problem' early in my driving days. I couldn't dare drive with shoes on as I felt I wouldn't b able to control the car without my bare feet working the pedals, anything in between was gonna result in an epic fail I thought....things changed as time went by though and I can drive even with heels(I be guy o) or high tops (Abi wetin dem dey call am) now

11 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by OCTAVO: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
This I experienced when I started learning how to drive. But I started feeling very comfortable with my shoes on after 2 weeks.

8 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
Siena:

From a safety standpoint, it's not advisable. In the event of a crash, shoes will go a long way to protecting your feet from the pedals, which may be forced into the car, and could cut your feet. Sever your major artery, and you could bleed to death before rescuers could cut you free.

If you feel uncomfortable driving with shoes or any other form of footwear, then you need to reverse that habit. I don't know of any driving school (exc. Nigeran ones) who's instructors will permit you to take driving lessons barefoot. Or any examiner who would put you through your driving test with your feet exposed.

Wow! For real? I had no idea. I would start practicing with shoes henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
niceeric:
I take it that the OP is new to driving......I also had thesame 'problem' early in my driving days. I couldn't dare drive without shoes on as I felt I wouldn't b able to control the car without my bare feet working the pedals, anything in between was gonna result in an epic fail I thought....things changed as time went by though and I can drive even with heels(I be guy o) or high tops (Abi wetin dem dey call am) now

No o. I've been driving for 10 years now, without shoes. So trying it with shoes feels weird

4 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
colossus2:
Celestial people on the thread grin
So you wear socks and lace your shoe, then when you get to the car you pull off.
When you get to the office or your destination, you put on your shoe again grin

Truth be told ehn, I wear slippers, carry shoes in a separate bag. Then once I get into the car, I kick off my slippers (slippers, in case I need to quickly get out of the car, and there's no time for sme-sme with shoes). Once I get to my destination, I put on my shoes. See stress!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by niceeric(m): 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
MissMercedes:

No o. I've been driving for 10 years now, without shoes. So trying it with shoes feels weird
Ha!!! 10 years of driving shoeless!....now there's a problem!...you have to unlearn that habit and start using shoes (with flat soles of course) in driving. sometimes, feet get sweaty and tend to slip away from pedals,I don't want to imagine one losing grip of one's brake pad at the time one needs it most because of a sweaty foot.

3 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by colossus2: 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
MissMercedes:

Tell me this is not true please embarassed
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by akanniade10(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
Both ways work fine for me cheesy if am putting on slippers I take it off and drive barefooted, when am on shoes, I usually don't bother.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
colossus2:

Tell me this is not true please embarassed

Lol. Let me hide my face *runs away*
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
niceeric:

Ha!!! 10 years of driving shoeless!....now there's a problem!...you have to unlearn that habit and start using shoes (with flat soles of course) in driving. sometimes, feet get sweaty and tend to slip away from pedals,I don't want to imagine one losing grip of one's brake pad at the time one needs it most because of a sweaty foot.

Ah! shocked
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by bigx(m): 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
Driving bends my dressing shoes.

3 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
bigx:

There must be something wrong with your pedals then - too stiff.

Besides, shoes are replaceable, feet aren't.

4 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Lexusgs430: 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
bigx:
Get proper driving shoes

2 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Lexusgs430: 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
Siena:

There must be something wrong with your pedals then - too stiff.
Besides, shoes are replaceable, feet aren't.
Feet can be surgically replaced.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by bigx(m): 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Get proper driving shoes

That's why I specified dressing shoes smiley I wear driving shoes 80% of the time

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Lexusgs430: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
bigx:

That's why I specified dressing shoes smiley I wear driving shoes 80% of the time

Some driving shoes are fake.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Lexusgs430: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
bigx:

Some dressing shoes can be used for driving.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by bigx(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Some driving shoes are fake.

Mine obviously aren't smiley never complained of them
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by bigx(m): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Some dressing shoes can be used for driving.

*some*
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by tunergy(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
checking moniker gender............ grin

Agbaya, shoes help me control speed more than barefoot
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by tunergy(m): 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
Siena:

But Siena, this is Naija we are talking about naa.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by oluwanoni: 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
I drive with my timberlands, no difference, its only when I put on slippers I am tempted to drive bare foot...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by tunergy(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Get proper driving shoes

Wait o, so there are special shoes for driving?

Can someone post a pic of such here please!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Facts About The New Bugatti Divo / PAN Introduces Chery Tiggo8 At Kaduna Trade fair / 5 Signs That Indicates Your Transmission Needs To Be Flushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.