Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,841 members, 7,798,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Why Are YOU An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are YOU An Atheist? (2860 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / For Those Who Claim Bishop Adolf Hitler Was An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are YOU An Atheist? by BustScam: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
I have seen a lotta people claim to be unbelievers in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

What my worry is that why have they chosen this stand?

I observed an extremist in this category on Friday when one dude decided not to buy a phone from a man because he was wearing a banner on himself of his church's event.

So, I ask, why have some people decided to be Atheists?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
BustScam:
I have seen a lotta people claim to be unbelievers in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

I observed an extremist in this category on Friday when one dude decided not to buy a phone from a man because he was wearing a banner on himself of his church's event.

Because they have decided to be atheists, simple.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Solowande(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
BustScam:
y are some pipo decided to be christians or muslims
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by cutestcee: 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Because they are confused.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by surestakes: 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
Because Jesus is not real

3 Likes

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by lodscott(m): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
BustScam:

I believe true atheism sterms from the quest to discover truth, quite a few have the ability to question indoctrination and ask the simple questions "what if" this question can lead you anywhere, new religion, no religion or stronger faith in your religion.
atheism is just one of the possible results of spiritual bravery.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by IRserveMyComent(f): 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
lodscott:

I believe true atheism sterms from the quest to discover truth, quite a few have the ability to question indoctrination and ask the simple questions "what if" this question can lead you anywhere, new religion, no religion or stronger faith in your religion.
atheism is just one of the possible results of spiritual bravery.
That spiritual bravery that can lead one to hell.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by lodscott(m): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
IRserveMyComent:

that's why its called bravery, and why its not for everyone
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by IRserveMyComent(f): 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
lodscott:

that's why its called bravery, and why its not for everyone
Definitly cant be for me. Up lodscott the brave!
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by BustScam: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
ethene:
Because they have decided to be atheists, simple.
WHY
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by BustScam: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
Solowande:
y are some pipo decided to be christians or muslims

it's unethical to answer a question with another question!

Answer the asked question then ask yours! SIMPLE
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by BustScam: 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
surestakes:
Because Jesus is not real

WHY do think Jesus is not real?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by HardMirror(m): 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
BustScam:

Because if god exists he is yet to reveal himself to mankind

1 Like

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by HardMirror(m): 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
grin reason why many practice religion. Insurance based on fear of damnation

5 Likes

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by surestakes: 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
BustScam:

WHY do think Jesus is not real?

There is no evidence, aside from the bible(and that is not sufficient proof), that proves his existence.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
So you are a christian because you are afraid of the eternal barbeque suya..eeyah

5 Likes

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by finofaya: 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
An overwhelming majority of people do not believe in jesus Christ and his teachings. You should be worried for yourself.

None of the reasons for believing that God exists are compelling to me, hence my atheism.

The guy who refused to buy the phone is quite the extremist, I agree, if religion was his only reason for making that decision.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
HardMirror:

grin reason why many practice religion. Insurance based on fear of damnation
following the Pascal's wager. What they don't realize is that it doesn't guarantee heaven, they could very well be in the wrong religion

2 Likes

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by IRserveMyComent(f): 7:38am On Apr 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So you are a christian because you are afraid of the eternal barbeque suya..eeyah
My dear this is beyond you. If you are Among the 'brave' you can not understand this, except you choose to become 'unbrave' like me..
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 7:45am On Apr 25, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
My dear this is beyond you. If you are Among the 'brave' you can not understand this, except you choose to become 'unbrave' like me..
Love me or else I roast you.Has a man ever approached you using that line before? That is what the christian God uses.It is indeed beyond me.

1 Like

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:07am On Apr 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Love me or else I roast you.Has a man ever approached you using that line before? That is what the christian God uses.It is indeed beyond me.
It is indeed way beyond you. Except you CHOOSE to unbiasly understand it you cant.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
It is indeed way beyond you. Except you CHOOSE to unbiasly understand it you cant.
You should also understand that Allah also has his own hell and it's way hotter than what the christian God has to offer.So be prepared to go there since you deny the salvation offered to you by Almighty Allah.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You should also understand that Allah also has his own hell and it's way hotter than what the christian God has to offer.So be prepared to go there since you deny the salvation offered to you by Almighty Allah.
My dear if you have not chosen to go unbiased just forget it. Cos it can NEVER make sense to you.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 8:44am On Apr 25, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
My dear if you have not chosen to go unbiased just forget it. Cos it can NEVER make sense to you.
Whatever lady.It's clear you have nothing else to say.You have met the brick wall of common sense and it's clear you have nothing else to offer.Have a Jesus-filled lovely week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by IRserveMyComent(f): 9:30am On Apr 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Whatever lady.It's clear you have nothing else to say.You have met the brick wall of common sense and it's clear you have nothing else to offer.Have a Jesus-filled lovely week.
Wow thanks for wishing me that it feels wonderful. I wish you same too. My dear i didnt want to join words wit you, if not i have alot to convey to you. I dont argue with your likes because there is no need. You would not comprehend. That was why i said until you choose to reason unbiasedly on the issue it would NEVER make sense to you.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 10:09am On Apr 25, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
Wow thanks for wishing me that it feels wonderful. I wish you same too. My dear i didnt want to join words wit you, if not i have alot to convey to you. I dont argue with your likes because there is no need. You would not comprehend. That was why i said until you choose to reason unbiasedly on the issue it would NEVER make sense to you.
Alright...Feel free to convey whatever you wish to.But first,what does the word 'unbiased' mean to you?

1 Like

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by youngestland: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2016
can all these theist just show us a miracle or something spiritual either from god or devil or juju just show us please its better if you call one or two ateist to witness it and I tell you this arguement will be over and we atheist will decide which god to worship shikena
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by ifenes(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2016
There is no reason to believe in a god

1 Like

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Alright...Feel free to convey whatever you wish to.But first,what does the word 'unbiased' mean to you?
No need conveying cos i know it would lead to a certain magnitude of argument which i dont want to be involved in. unbiased generally means being just and fair to an issue. Not viewing a thing sentimentally. Not being for or against.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
No need conveying cos i know it would lead to a certain magnitude of argument which i dont want to be involved in. unbiased generally means being just and fair to an issue. Not viewing a thing sentimentally. Not being for or against.
Okay then.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
I've come to realize the principal reason for me is because I'm lazy and just can't be arsed to go to all that bothersome religious motions.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Weah96: 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
Because it is the truth. The truth doesn't care about feelings or traditions or culture. It is usually unpleasant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If We Resemble Apes, Does That Mean We Evolved From Apes? / Trousers Makes Women Naked! Why? / Jesus Is The Son Of:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.