Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation - Science/Technology (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation (87322 Views)

NigComSat-1, Nigeria's Satellite In The Orbit: What Is The Situation Now? / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area?? / HEAVY RAIN DOWNPOUR IN LAGOS: What Is The Situation Of Things In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by VULCAN(m): 3:13pm On May 18, 2016
@big rover
What's your take on this battery below. I'm not certain which type it falls into but I am increasingly seeing it being installed.

EDIT; Just saw another pic online and it had Fast Charge Battery written on its body.

bigrovar:

In that case this rule I would apply is :If it is too good to be true, it probably is. Many people (Including Su-kam) are marketing SLI (Glorified starter batteries with relatively low discharge circle) has SMF deep cycle batteries. Any SMF that is not AGM or GEL is waste of money. The key thing about inverter is paying up front and making up your money back in the shortest time without breaking the bank. Hence a balance must be struck between your bank your needs and what is out there. This has to be a fine balance. If you spend too much u much it would take a long time to get your money back. If you spend too cheaply.. it migt among to a waste of money.. choose wisely

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2016
ValarDoharis:
I don't have an inverter but planning to buy. I have a colleague who combined it with solar and he doesn't use mains supply. The solar panels supply his entire house. He has about 20 solar panels on his roof. That's what I'm saving for.

Like how much are you budgeting? I wanna join you wink
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by bot101(m): 8:34am On May 20, 2016
mrpayne:

LOL! Omo wobe, na office u won open..

Na small small na
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ValarDoharis: 6:57am On May 21, 2016
About 410k. 1.5kva inverter 50k, 200AH*2 batteries, 120k, 250w*4 solar panels 160k, charge controller 50k,cables 10k, installation accessories 10k, installation 20k
samuelson06:

Like how much are you budgeting? I wanna join you wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 9:08am On May 21, 2016
ValarDoharis:
About 410k. 1.5kva inverter 50k, 200AH*2 batteries, 120k, 250w*4 solar panels 160k, charge controller 50k,cables 10k, installation accessories 10k, installation 20k

Thanks for your response. I have 1kva Inverter already coming in for me. Hope it can work with these other stuff? What do you think please?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by martinkem(m): 10:08am On May 21, 2016
ValarDoharis:

Hi, have you got any idea how much it cost your friend who's off gird now to set up his solar powered unit and the ratings of his setup
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ValarDoharis: 12:19pm On May 21, 2016
It will definitely work with ur system...you just need to buy d rest solar panels, u can 3, and d charge controllers and d cables
samuelson06:

Thanks for your response. I have 1kva Inverter already coming in for me. Hope it can work with these other stuff? What do you think please?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ValarDoharis: 12:21pm On May 21, 2016
About 800k. That's about 3yrs ago. Solar is now cheaper but batteries more expensive now. But without AC, it can be done with 500-600k
martinkem:

Hi, have you got any idea how much it cost your friend who's off gird now to set up his solar powered unit and the ratings of his setup
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 1:45pm On May 21, 2016
ValarDoharis:
It will definitely work with ur system...you just need to buy d rest solar panels, u can 3, and d charge controllers and d cables

Okay. Thanks.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 24, 2016
bigrovar:

Where are u guys pulling this watt figures from? I think your estimate are over the top. Yes it is OK to over estimate watt usage as it helps acts as a buffer however over doing it just won't allow u have an efficiently planned system. When I started my project. I did some energy usage estimate of close to 520w concurrent usage mainly home theatre setup ( 42in led + DSTV decoder + 5.1 sound system and a laptop running xbmc ) my total estimate for that was 450w. Add lighting points and I was close to 520w. However I got me a watt a meter. And since then my estimate was drastically reviewed. My home theatre setup turns out uses only 90w (with TV screen on eco mode) compare 90w to my initial estimate of 450w. I also noticed my freezer is 150w with pick start time of 180w. Using the watt meter really helped me plan out a good setup and usage and also helped me in sizing my batteries well so I don't spend too much for my needs. Watt meter are cheap and u can get them from aliexpress for 15 dollars. About 5k.

You can see a picture of my watt meter reading power usage from my TV

@bigrovar,can you please send me a link on aliexpress,where you bought this watt meter?Also,since the CBN stuff on use of mastercard ATM overseas,have you been able to use yours on importation.I used to import things before now,but with my reasons above,i have since stopped.Also,that #5000,is it with the new dollar exchange rate of #300 plus,you bought or not?
Thanks.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by bigrovar(m): 3:19am On Jun 03, 2016
DMerciful:
Anybody with used epsolar, epever or tracer for 40A? Kindly mail me on chyke200@gmail.com
if u are still interested I have 30A battery for sale. than a month used
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by bigrovar(m): 3:27am On Jun 03, 2016
VULCAN:
@big rover
What's your take on this battery below. I'm not certain which type it falls into but I am increasingly seeing it being installed.

EDIT; Just saw another pic online and it had Fast Charge Battery written on its body.

That battery has caught my fancy too. That there seem to be very few brand attached to it raises a red flag for me. One thing is sure these type of batteries are Opz batteries which can valve regulated (opzv) or flooded acid (opzs) there are known to be very rugged due to their Tubular plates and the former is know to require no maintenance and can be deeply discharged. Ideally it is the best battery to use where high amount of amp is required in a setup rather than resulting to parallel battery arrangement and it's pitfalls. Getting them in 2v and arranging them in series would serve u better than getting 12v batteries and arranging them in parallel.

Having said all this. The reliability of the particular brand I see being market around is of serious suspect. Most seem to be rebrand of Chinese models whose reliability is in serious doubt. You might have to rely on an independent personal experience to reach any conclusions. My advise is hold out for now. And if u gather any information on them. Kindly let me know. I have my eyes on them.

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by bigrovar(m): 3:34am On Jun 03, 2016
okoegualek:

@bigrovar,can you please send me a link on aliexpress,where you bought this watt meter?Also,since the CBN stuff on use of mastercard ATM overseas,have you been able to use yours on importation.I used to import things before now,but with my reasons above,i have since stopped.Also,that #5000,is it with the new dollar exchange rate of #300 plus,you bought or not?
Thanks.
1pcs Energy Power Meter Watt Volt Amp Frequency Monitor Analyzer 230V 50Hz Worldwide Store
http://s.aliexpress.com/a2QrMz2m
(from AliExpress Android)

Make sure to indicate that you want the European plug. I still.make purchase with my GTbank master naira MasterCard. Price should be around 5k even with new exchange.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
Thanks....already bought
bigrovar:
if u are still interested I have 30A battery for sale. than a month used
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ib22003(m): 9:33am On Jun 05, 2016
Every one knows that the economy is hard, how do they expect me to just cough out over a hundred 100,000 for an inverter and battery.
if that what you are thinking, i have a solution for you. i have a portable inverter that can help you Reduce Your Generator Usage Time Today Buy A Minimum Of 5 Hours Per Day
check my post here: https://www.nairaland.com/3147526/reduce-generator-usage-time-today
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by bobojoshua(m): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2016
bigrovar:

1pcs Energy Power Meter Watt Volt Amp Frequency Monitor Analyzer 230V 50Hz Worldwide Store
http://s.aliexpress.com/a2QrMz2m
(from AliExpress Android)

Make sure to indicate that you want the European plug. I still.make purchase with my GTbank master naira MasterCard. Price should be around 5k even with new exchange.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samsard(m): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

#seriously dude... you think I'm lazy? I laugh in Chinese.
Only those with brain understand my words..
Go get yourself one inverter if you need one. And FYI I don't do government nothing they can offer me that I can offer them twice. and my tax goes to the motherless home, the beggars on the street, the sick in the hospital not your government. till the day I die my dine ain't going to those thieves you call government .

#peace
Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's and to God what is God's. Acts of charity doesnt stop responsible citizens from giving the government and, in extension, society's dues. You have no moral authority to call the govt corrupt if you are evading taxes. And, if you havent gotten to the point where the govt keeps you on your toes to pay taxes, then i doubt your claim to being able to offer them ''twice''.

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
Who has connected the epever to PC?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by kiekie1(m): 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
Must Power star light inverters
1kva-12v=80k
1.5kva-12v=95k
3kva(2000w)-12v=100,000
3kva(2000w)-24v=130,000
4kva(3000w)-24v=140,000
5kva(4000w)-24/48=200,000
6kva(5000w)-24/48= 230,000
7.5kva(6000w)-24=250,000

Hybrid inverters with inbuilt PWM controllers
7.5kva-48v=290,000
5kva-48v=250,000
4kva-24v=220,000
3kva-24v=190,000
Hybrid Inverter with inbuilt MPPT control
12KW-48v=870,000

EP Solar 12/24/36/48v 60a mppt(e tracer) solar charge controller @ 135k

EP Solar 12/24 40a mppt(a series ep ever) solar charge controller @ 70k

MERCURY Docan Korean deep cycle batteries 12v 220a @80k (limited in stock)

Trojan 12v 205a USA batteries @ 88k...(limited quantity in stock)

With 35k , I can offer you the most important pro solar roof mounts including ;
2 qty solar mount rail "4200mm" ,
4 qty rack end clamp,
6 qty mid clamp,
6 qty L feet with rubber & special screw....

Same goes to angle positioning solar kits;
- Adjustable front leg
- Adjustable rear leg
- Rail splice kit
- Grounding lug

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... GENUS , LUMINUOS , EPSILON PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*

For best affordable prices,proforma invoices valid for just 1 week, contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by kiekie1(m): 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
kiekie1:

Must Power star light inverters
1kva-12v=80k
1.5kva-12v=95k
3kva(2000w)-12v=100,000
3kva(2000w)-24v=130,000
4kva(3000w)-24v=140,000
5kva(4000w)-24/48=200,000
6kva(5000w)-24/48= 230,000
7.5kva(6000w)-24=250,000

Hybrid inverters with inbuilt PWM controllers
7.5kva-48v=290,000
5kva-48v=250,000
4kva-24v=220,000
3kva-24v=190,000
Hybrid Inverter with inbuilt MPPT control
12KW-48v=870,000

EP Solar 12/24/36/48v 60a mppt(e tracer) solar charge controller @ 135k

EP Solar 12/24 40a mppt(a series ep ever) solar charge controller @ 70k

MERCURY Docan Korean deep cycle batteries 12v 220a @80k (limited in stock)

Trojan 12v 205a USA batteries @ 88k...(limited quantity in stock)

With 35k , I can offer you the most important pro solar roof mounts including ;
2 qty solar mount rail "4200mm" ,
4 qty rack end clamp,
6 qty mid clamp,
6 qty L feet with rubber & special screw....

Same goes to angle positioning solar kits;
- Adjustable front leg
- Adjustable rear leg
- Rail splice kit
- Grounding lug

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... GENUS , LUMINUOS , EPSILON PRODUCTS*

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*

For best affordable prices,proforma invoices valid for just 1 week, contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

My home poly panels ( same quality with yachi/yarsun modules) now in stock ...
150w-35000
250w-60000
300w-70000
all poly

Solar world 275w monocrystalline German panels still available (Reserved for specific projects) ...contact me for limited quantity available @ 100k "euro rate".
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
GODAKPAN:
MINE COST A LITTLE ABOVE 900K, 3.5KVA INVERTER, 4 BATTERIES, 8 SOLAR PANEL AND CHARGE CONTROLLER, ITS BEEN WONDERFUL.

COST: PANEL =48K EACH
INVERTER =135K
BATTERIES =56K EACH
CHARGE CONTROLLER =50K
BATTERY/PANEL RACK =40K
INSTALLATION =75K

Hello, for the solar panel, does it mean one cannot be used? What's the justification for buying over 8? What kind of batteries did you buy and can you recommend them to someone?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 8:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
Using one panel is like using I beta-pass-my-neighbour generator to power a street! What will be the output if not frustration. Don't let anybody tell you one panel will solve ur power problem unless u want to power just bulbs. These prices have since doubled since Buhari's recession started grin
samuelson06:

Hello, for the solar panel, does it mean one cannot be used? What's the justification for buying over 8? What kind of batteries did you buy and can you recommend them to someone?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
DMerciful:
Using one panel is like using I beta-pass-my-neighbour generator to power a street! What will be the output if not frustration. Don't let anybody tell you one panel will solve ur power problem unless u want to power just bulbs. These prices have since doubled since Buhari's recession started grin

I don't understand. Is solar panel not supposed to be used for charging the battery alone?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 8:45am On Aug 13, 2016
Its use for charging the batteries and sometimes powers the home if the wattage is large enuf how it requires appreciable power to charge the batteries fully that's y you need appreciable number of panels.
samuelson06:

I don't understand. Is solar panel not supposed to be used for charging the battery alone?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by timifakay(m): 11:24am On Aug 13, 2016
samuelson06:

Sun is the power source
Batteries are power tanks
Panels are funnels with which you channel the power from sun into your batteries.
The type of funnel needed to put water in a 1liter water bottle won't be as effective for a 50liter keg. Therefore the same applies to energy generation, the more you want to tap from the sun, the more panels you have to expose to the sun.

2 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2016
DMerciful:
Its use for charging the batteries and sometimes powers the home if the wattage is large enuf how it requires appreciable power to charge the batteries fully that's y you need appreciable number of panels.

@bolded
Does that mean one can depend only on the solar panels for power without batteries?

@ timifakay, thanks for the explanation.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
You can but only during the day and the fluctuations will be massive due to clouds covers during d day. If you're in the north with little or no cloud covers, it will be OK however U're not covered at night. Then you won't need d charge controller rather direct connection to DC loads. But that's not good practice at all not to install batteries. Its like operating a cell phone without battery but constantly plugged in to socket....not designed that way
samuelson06:

@bolded
Does that mean one can depend only on the solar panels for power without batteries?

@ timifakay, thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by timifakay(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
DMerciful:
You can but only during the day and the fluctuations will be massive due to clouds covers during d day. If you're in the north with little or no cloud covers, it will be OK however U're not covered at night. Then you won't need d charge controller rather direct connection to DC loads. But that's not good practice at all not to install batteries. Its like operating a cell phone without battery but constantly plugged in to socket....not designed that way
Using solar panels without batteries required the installation of buck converters to step down voltage and step up the current thereby nullifying fluctuations.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
DMerciful:

Thanks for the knowledge share. Never knew about this.

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
samuelson06:

More panels generate more energy, I intent increasing it and also the battery for more storage capacity. I am using luminous all through. Been reliable so far.

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
GODAKPAN:

More panels generate more energy, I intent increasing it and also the battery for more storage capacity. I am using luminous all through. Been reliable so far.

Thanks for your response. Do you stay in Akwa Ibom? smiley
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
samuelson06:

Thanks for your response. Do you stay in Akwa Ibom? smiley

Uyo, behind shelter afrique

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Extreme Military Technology: Reason We Must Avoid World War III / This Fish is Able To Kill Snakes & Other Animals While Walking On Land (Video) / Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.