Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. (29175 Views)

Okorocha: Prince Eze Madumere, My Deputy Lacks Political Value / Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye / I Never Slapped My Deputy − El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Jirate(m): 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
•’Why I am not backing Odubu’s gov. bid’

By Simon Ebegbulem, Benin-City

Many people may not have understood why Governor Adams Oshiomhole is not backing the governorship aspiration of his deputy, Dr Pius Odubu. Apart from Odubu, the APC is parading aspirants like a former Minister of Works, Engr.Chris Ogienwonyi; a former military tactician, Gen. Charles Airhiavbere (retd); a former governor of the state, Prof. Osarhiemien Osunbor; the Chairman of the Edo State Economic Team, Mr Godwin Obaseki; Mr Kenneth Imasuagbon; Comrade Peter Esele; Prof. Frederick Ebegue Amadasun; and the only woman in the race, Mrs Tina Agbarha. The state Commissioner for Works, Osarodion Ogie, was initially in the race but shelved the ambition after his boss informed him of his desire to support Obaseki.

Meanwhile, the relationship between the governor and his deputy has broken down in the past seven months, creating factions in the Edo APC ahead of the governorship primary in the state. The crisis blew open after Odubu’s coordinator, Barr.Humphrey Uanseoje, signed a letter with other governorship aspirants of the party such as Ogienwonyi, Imasuagbon and Barr. Omo Irabor, which they sent to the national leadership of the APC where they alleged plans by the state Chairman of the party, Anslem Ojezua, to doctor the delegates list for the gubernatorial primary with the backing of Oshiomhole. The publication shocked many watchers of the politics of the state since it would be the first time the deputy governor will be openly accusing his boss of alleged plot to manipulate the forthcoming primary of the APC.

Odubu’s loyalists and those of the governor had been in the trenches following Oshiomhole’s apparent reluctance to back his deputy whom many perceived has been very loyal to his boss since they came into office. But worried by this development, Ogie, who is known as one of the generals in the Oshiomhole’s political family, took up the initiative to settle the rift between the governor and his deputy. Ogie, in collaboration with the member representing Etsako Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Philip Shuaibu, decided to make this move, given that Odubu has been part of Oshiomhole’s political machinery since 2007.

The intention was to stop the animosity which they believed will help to keep the governor’s camp intact, ahead of the primary of the party. What Ogie did was to put persons also close to Odubu in the reconciliation committee so that the deputy governor will not lose confidence in the committee. As a result, a former Edo State Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters, Chief Lucky James, and Chief Gabriel Oibo, who are key supporters of Odubu, were drafted into the committee. This committee held their first meeting on Sunday, April 10, 2016, where they agreed to meet with Odubu first to preach the gospel of peace to him.

When the committee met with Odubu, Ogie informed him of the need to restore peace between him and the governor, saying their visit was on a friendly note and had nothing to do with politics. Odubu was said to have expressed his grievances and informed them that he had nothing against the governor but that he was disappointed that some of his followers were being victimized due to their support for his governorship ambition. However, Odubu informed members of the committee that he was ready to hold the peace meeting with the governor whom he said he had enjoyed close relationship with until recently.

On Monday April 11, 2016, Oshiomhole came back to Benin from his village, Iyamho, where he met the peace committee waiting for him. Apart from the members of the committee, led by Ogie, the state Chairman of the APC, Anslem Ojezue; state Secretary, Chief Osaro Idah; Oshiomhole’s in-law, Victor Eboigbe and Chief of Staff to the Governor, Patrick Obahiagbon, were also at the meeting. Ogie, who opened the meeting, narrated how the group, including the deputy governor, had worked closely in the past ten years with Oshiomhole, saying it would be bad to allow bickering between the governor and his deputy to continue.

The Commissioner for Works offered the two leaders the opportunity to sort out their problem behind closed door while they excused them to do so. Philip, Oibo and James concurred with Ogie, stressing the need for the governor’s political family to be united in the run up to the party primary and the governorship election. Oshiomhole, Sunday Vanguard learnt, appreciated their concern but informed the meeting that he will prefer they were around so they could know the real issues and treat them. His deputy concurred and everybody stayed for the meeting.

Firing the first salvo, Odubu lamented that his office had been starved of funds, his political allies victimized, the governor refused to attend his wife’s birthday and, above all, the governor directed his Attorney General, Mr Henry Idahagbon, and Washington Osifo to write a petition against him to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) with a view to impeaching him.

The deputy governor further lamented how the governor had allegedly relegated him to the background, expressing shock that the cordial relationship, which had existed between him and the governor, broke down. But responding, Oshiomhole, who recalled how he had backed his deputy in his political battles and his several advice to him as a brother, explained that the parlous state of finance of Edo had even affected his own office and other government offices, and not only that of the deputy.

He narrated how he had been travelling without his aides due to paucity of funds. Oshiomhole went further to berate his deputy for being part of those who signed a statement accusing him of backing the state Chairman of the APC, in the alleged plot to manipulate the delegates list ahead of the primary of the party, asserting that the deputy’s action was a clear indication of an attack against his person. But Odubu, who defended himself, denied being behind the statement, explaining that his coordinator put his signature with some other party members who needed it but never knew what they wanted to use it for. But the leaders of the party expressed their doubt in his defence, saying he should have debunked the publication if he was not behind it. Odubu, however, apologised to Oshiomhole, assuring that such mistake will not be repeated.

Tension in the room heightened when Oshiomhole started responding to the allegations against him by Odubu that he did not attend his wife’s birthday and that the governor had treated him recently like a leper.

Sunday Vanguard gathered that the governor declared to the leaders that he had deliberately avoided attending events at his deputy’s house after it was revealed to him that his deputy allegedly contracted native doctors to hurt him so that Odubu will take over as governor. Oshiomhole said he was informed of the alleged plan by a leader of the party and that he had met with the native doctors whom his deputy allegedly contracted to do the damage, adding that the native doctors admitted and gave him details of how the rituals were executed.

Oshiomhole added that the party leader who leaked the information, who was out of the country, was ready to confront the deputy with the details of his alleged meeting with the witch doctors. He further stated that he could not have attended any ceremony at Odubu’s place, saying he would not want to be poisoned.

The governor’s disclosure was said to have come as a surprise to the APC leaders but it equally elicited strong rebuttal from his deputy who attributed what he described as the spurious allegation to the handiwork of his political enemies. To buttress his innocence, Odubu volunteered to contact a strong traditional doctor in Benin, so that those who accused him will come and take an oath before the gods.

He vehemently denied the allegation and reiterated his loyalty to the governor. But some of the party leaders at the meeting were said to have countered Odubu with his suggestion, informing him that he should have suggested swearing with the Bible since he is a Catholic.

But Odubu thundered that he was shocked with the allegation and would like to clear his name with whatever that will convince everyone. Some of the party leaders at the meeting admonished Odubu to end his governorship ambition. However Ogie calmed the situation and the parley ended on a good note after both parties expressed satisfaction.

As the governorship primary of the party, scheduled to hold sometime in June-July, draws closer Oshiomhole’s foot soldiers, led by Ogie, are working round the clock to ensure a united house. Odubu is viewed as one of the most formidable aspirants in the APC and cannot be taken for granted. Sunday Vanguard was informed that the governor and his deputy exchanged banters after the meeting and a date for another peace meeting was fixed for this week.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/alleged-assassination-plot-oshiomhole-deputy-trade-claims/

1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by dunkem21(m): 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
Dibia kwa

..passes the mic to the guy below cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Jirate(m): 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
So You don’t want to die, and You told a Widow to “Go and Die”. There is God O. cool cool cool

171 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by itstpia8: 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
^^allow Oshio to finish talking nah.

You probably only read the headline and not the write up.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by SUPOL(m): 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hian, native doctor kwa

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by possibilita(m): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
Gbembem!!!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by gebest: 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
Oshiobaba dont worry u will not die yet until u are 120 years, u really tried alot in edo state, d truth be told.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
Pius Odubu is only after ya WIFE sir!

Who no wan chop better things?

So Oshio, relax! Odubu is not looking for Gov. Position.
Hahahhaaa!

11 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by NextGovernor(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
gebest:
Oshiobaba dont worry u will not die yet until u are 120 years, u really tried alot in edo state, d truth be told.

Try for where?

All these are just to blackmail the deputy "Odubu" because he is among the top contestant for APC governorship election.

Its going to be a big blow on Oshiomole if he forcefully impose his candidate on APC. Oshiomole is afraid of a free and fair primary election in APC becos he knows his candidate for the job "Obaseki" won't even get 20% of the delegates for the primary election.

Though that won't stop them from loosing even if the field anybody.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by omogin(f): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
See people leading Nigeria cry cry cry cry

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by ayemerbarth: 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
If not 4 greed, why will a man who has been DG for eight years want to be Governor for anoda eight yrs? When will the youth own today which was tomorrow yesterday? Questn.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by M17CXi: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Most of us don't really care
What ever gonna happen Just got to happen And we shall see it in the news Amen
Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Unblockable: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
If Oshiomole and Ojesua think they can impose Godwin Obaseki on us, then they are joking. If Obaseki emerges as the Governorship Candidate of APC controversially, then I wouldn't have choice than to stay at home on the day of Election. Level playing field is all what the Aspirants need.

Those leaders at the meeting who 'admonished' the Deputy to jettison the idea of contesting should bury their heads in shame. He's eligible to seek the office of the Governor just like Godwin Obaseki. So they should stop misyearning.

I could still remember what Barr. Ken Imasuagbon told the delegates when he came to Akoko Edo APC Secretariat. In his words "When y'all get home, ask your wives, between Godwin Obaseki and Ken Imasuagbon (Rice man), who should I vote (for) come June 4th? The question your wife would ask you is 'Who's Godwin Obaseki?'" Obaseki is not popular in Edo State!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by chriskosherbal(m): 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hmmm politicians.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Jirate(m): 5:45am On Apr 25, 2016
omogin:
See people leading Nigeria cry cry cry cry

Mostly Edo State, this is a Serious Allegation any where, might even be the first of its kind in this Country. I don’t feel sorry for the Deputy Governor any way, he doesn’t really have what it takes to lead this state, imagine him saying he will swear by “JuJu” to prove his innocence. Some one who calls himself a Christian, where is your faith?.
Oshiomhole too is not some one to be trusted. Many of those who did in the past ended up regretting it, he has a bad Habit of “Using and Dumping”, couple with some other dirty characters some of which people are already aware off. No bible believing Christian will tell a Widow to “Go and Die”, knowing fully well that “God is the Husband of the Widow”.
The last has not been heard about this Issue and the lesson we all should learn from this is “What Goes Round, Comes Around”. Lol cool cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by otokx(m): 5:58am On Apr 25, 2016
Edo people and juju, chai.

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by SleekMallam: 5:59am On Apr 25, 2016
Behold The mindset of our leaders.Until everyone of this politicians are eliminated, Nigeria will continue to be backwards and a mockery to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Frankiss44(m): 6:04am On Apr 25, 2016
Probably not only your deputy but all local government workers that you refused to pay since September.. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by otokx(m): 6:08am On Apr 25, 2016
Frankiss44:
Probably not only your deputy but all local government workers that you refused to pay since September.. Yeye dey smell.

Local government workers are meant to be paid by their various Chairmen or is there something we are missing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by favouredseed(f): 6:09am On Apr 25, 2016
Edo People I hail wuna ohhhh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Frankiss44(m): 6:12am On Apr 25, 2016
otokx:

Local government workers are meant to be paid by their various Chairmen or is there something we are missing?

Is that not only possible if the governor releases funds to the chairmen?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Caseless: 6:24am On Apr 25, 2016
Oshobaba, you don't blow such info out. You deal with your enemies secretly. If you want to kill me and I get the info, then i'm good.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by DIKEnaWAR: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2016
Oshiomhole is a babalawo himself.

Those that reprimanded the Deputy for wanting to swear before a native doctor instead of the bible, why didn't they ask Oshiomhole why he too did not carry the matter to God in prayer or wait for God to reveal his Deputy's evil plan to him, since he too is a christian.

Stup!d, nonsense and ingredient.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by DIKEnaWAR: 7:53am On Apr 25, 2016
Caseless:
Oshobaba, you don't blow such info out. You deal with your enemies secretly. If you want to kill me and I get the info, then i'm good.

I know say you go be a serious jazz man. I also know that you keep gemu and your trousers don't touch your heel.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by omogin(f): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2016
Oshomole can't hide his evil deeds in govt. You will be exposed when a PDP gov is sworn in

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by drss(m): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2016
d wicked runs wen no one pursues.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Akshow: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2016
How you take know

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2016
cheesy[color=#550000][/color] osho why
Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2016
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by richidinho(m): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2016
Then Resign, if you want me to bliv u grin
Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by beGOOD4aba(m): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2016
pot calling kettle black. deputy watch ur back oooo

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. by Sijo01(f): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy oshiomole are you serious cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Dancing In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Fayemi Urges CAN To Evolve A Charter Of Demands / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 15th June 2023 Live Court Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.