Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

NYSC Camp Starter Pack. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Camp Starter Pack. (2164 Views)

Zahradeen Saiful-Islam Deeneeya, Physically Challenged Corper At Abuja NYSC Camp / The Tallest Guy In Abuja NYSC Camp (Photos) / Corpers Queue For Their Meals At NYSC Camp (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Camp Starter Pack. by Iduzenoni: 7:36am On Apr 25, 2016
Okay so you are finally going to camp abi, but your bag is still empty, and you dont know what to throw in first, oya lizin toe me, mind you i'm still serving, i still rock the green khaki, but hey i'm way past the 'white fowl' stage (you ll get the gist behind white fowl soon). Alright may we begin?! 1. Documents:- Get your self a 'My Clear Bag', that glossy transparent envelope, into this put your CALL UP LETTER (Pliz an pliz dont do oversabi and laminate it), STATEMENT OF RESULT, SCHOOL CERIFICATE, I.D CARDS, GREEN CARD, and any other required credentials needed, Note! Make sure you have atleast 3 photocopies each, like seriously duplicates count, cos it helps keep your originals from too much exposure you get? 2. Passports:- if you dont have passports ryhnow, just stand up now and go to 'wait and get' snap a 12strip passport, you ll need passports at different points during registrations, got that, put that in our bag. 3. Stationeries:- Here you have to go all savage, all the way from Biros, Pencils, Erasers, Razor blades, One Higher education, to Staplers, stapler pins, gums (gums not glues). Bring every thing you need so you wont beg, unless ''can i borrow your razor blade" is your own best pick up line. 4. The Wears:- You should try and have atleast 2 white tees, a white short (keep it simple, dont goan bring bumshort o), one white rubber shoe, a pair of dunlop slippers.....unless you are a prada kinda pezin then bring prada slippers lol, ok so 2 pairs of white socks with green stripes, and most importantly A FANNY PACK....errr or if you call it A WAIST POUCH, this one is frigging important o because, *whisperd* you ll get paid some tokens in camp......and we cant trust strangers right, yeah so sleep with your pouch on your waist, they want your money they are gonna have to come at your balls lmao hehehe. And hey you can bring casual wears too for Fridays, briefly for Jumuah, and on Sabbath day too, and probably for carnival....(wait till ure in first). 5. Toiletries:- Dont play with deez wan hatall *in falz voice*, take your towel, take 3 medicated soaps, a bottle of dettol *backspaces dettol* a bottle of any antiseptic of your choice, detergent, toothpaste, toothbrush, sponge case, ofcourse sponge too! Ooh and get a bucket in camp. 5. Dorm kits:- these ones include a bedsheet, dont bring a mattress o, you could bring a Mosquitoe net, might be useless only if they fumigated your camp sha. 6. Accessories: lizin up, deez is also important, get a small cooler, a cup, a spoon, (keep em plastic), lets not forget Powerbanks and charger, even extra batteries too, and plz get urself a Rayban sunglass for the sun, and if its 'Roybon' your money can buy, sinzu is sinzu and sunglass is sunglass, get a book or so (if you are the reading type) anything to help you through those boring lectures......i shouldnt have told you that sef, oh and please keep your condoms at home, soldiers will embarass you with mockery at the gate, and still seize it, you are going to camp, not Big Brother Africa. 7. Provision: take everything you wanto eat with you, essentially milk, sugar, chocolate and most especially GARRI, golden morn isnor bad too tho, even biscuits. Tea is essential, you dont want to be caught drinking that their hot brown water they call tea, (spoiler alert). 8. Cash: deez one isnor a jhokin stuv hatall, i took 20grand to camp......it was enough you know, i was at optimum spending, i must warn you that Mami market is a whirlpool for otondo and their money, do spend wisely, you ll get paid some cash in camp (i know you like the sound of this one abi?) bicycle allowance, take another spoiler alert, your first allowance will be paid to you in camp just like every other person, only differrence is, yours will not be cash, wireless transfer to your atm! Its just to curb irrational spendings, sha hold money small o, they ll sell video compilations of your camp experience, you are gonna want that, and then your pictures too, this one takes money, plus they sell some really educating books.....so yeah.....bring cash. 9. Lastly, bring your sense to camp, many people take the 21day camp for the 90day BBA, and are always looking for a quick shag here or there, stay principled, have fun, make friends, and make it memorable.......or you can just be a dick and fall into one soldier's trap.....you will know that Khaki is different from Camouflague. Godspeed Otondos, if you dont forward this link you are sooooo wrong!

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Starter Pack. by callMeAlpha(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2016
Thumbs up,nice peeze, funny azwell...
Re: NYSC Camp Starter Pack. by Iduzenoni: 12:14am On Apr 28, 2016
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Another Bobrisky Spotted In Delta State NYSC Camp(pictures) / Good Initiative By Corp Members In Imane Community Of Olamaboro L.G.A In Kogi / Nysc Batch B 2011 Timetable- National Youth Service Corps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.