Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD (15195 Views)

Four Officers Missing In Benue As Herdsmen Ambush Police Team / Photos Of The Herdsmen That Attacked Nimbo, Enugu Community / Enugu Community Decries Arrest Of 76 Villagers After Feud With Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Roadmike(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
I bet you are not Yoruba but rather an impostor.
In this age and time why the need for grazing routes, when farm ranches can be created and you graze your animal there. How does the federal Govt appropriate the land to the so called commission without the consent of he states Governor who are constitutionally in charge of the Land in their states. Its simply does not make sense in the 21st century…

joborskill:
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
fortune1968:
people should get prepared and give them a dose of their own medicine.Nonsense.

Be assured that it's coming in no distant time. The Enugu idiots still have somewhere to run to, but soon their only options will be to stand and fight.
Shameless cowards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by mart2k(m): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
Vivalavida99:
Now, surely, this satanist has spinned out of control. We have to be our own keeper. The whole country can not become the grazing and killing field of boko haram insurgents disguised as hausa fulani herdsmen.
Noooo, dnt get it wrong, Fulanis just want to turn Enugu to their grazing land and not d whole south east as u think. *laughing seriously here* ibos don buy market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by inkon: 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
Leiman100:
is this the peace talk you are talking about or tribal insult?

I didn't promise to preach peace. I'm just worried that those who preached have all worked in vain.

Just recently, following the Fulani attack on the people of Awgu, Enugu state, the governor of that state invited these Fulani leaders for a peace talk and they signed a no-violence pact only for the same fulanis to launch another attack that led to the kidnapping of two people in the same state barely one week later. Now, they are inviting their fellow terrorists to come and help them turn Enugu to another Agatu and you say I should preach peace.

I don't understand what you meant by tribal insult. We just need to call a spade a spade. I've not insulted anybody. Terrorists are anti-humans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by ojtech8291: 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
Owamudia:

This is the time for ibos to go back home and defend their homesteads.
As ibos are trooping into the SW so are Fulanis trooping into the east.
ibos will remain visitors/strangers in the SW no matter how long they stay while Fulanis will eventually take over your ancestral lands.
This is no time for cowardly empty chest-beating.
Be warned!
what about your own ancestral lands that fulanis have took over since? I will mention one then you follow e.g kwara state etc.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
EazyMoh:

Reprisals are never the solution. If you think the solution to this problem is the president's condemnation then you are on a long thing. The readers -farmers clash is a Continental phenomenon, not just Nigeria.
In my state Jigawa, this problem was solved by former Governor Sule Lamido. About 50meter wide grazing paths were kept by the government and the farmers were warned not to cultivate it. The following planting season the farmers cultivated the grazing paths. The govt had to send tractors to mow down the crops and since then rearers-farmers clash has stopped in my state. This is the best way to solve the crisis.
A typical fulani man prides himself as fearless and ruthless. If you think reprisals can scare them away you are very wrong. They do not forget nor forgive, plus they have the advantage of been very mobile.
So the best solution is to dialogue and have common grounds then it would be easier to apprehend those that default.
I rest my case.

They will be very widescale reprisals!!! You can count on that!! No one has a monopoly over violence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by ozoemenaca: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
If they have gotten mercenaries for this evil plans of theirs, Enugu people should also mobilize people and ensure that no single soul out of them would get out alive if they try any nonsense more so, the reprisal from other South East States would be deadly.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by ozoemenaca: 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
They are not the only people that are fearless. You don't need to be told that if we can take on the whole country for years Fulanis can be taken care of if they so wish
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Aiddn: 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
pESRSON ABOVE ME SUCKS,SMELLS AND IS EMPTY
Owamudia:

This is the time for ibos to go back home and defend their homesteads.
As ibos are trooping into the SW so are Fulanis trooping into the east.
ibos will remain visitors/strangers in the SW no matter how long they stay while Fulanis will eventually take over your ancestral lands.
This is no time for cowardly empty chest-beating.
Be warned!
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Safemode(m): 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2016
joborskill:
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]
if only the northerners too reason like literate people.
The Fulani herdsmen too are fond of taking laws into their hands.
They don't report cattle theft to police.
they attack
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Yujin(m): 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
EazyMoh:

Reprisals are never the solution. If you think the solution to this problem is the president's condemnation then you are on a long thing. The readers -farmers clash is a Continental phenomenon, not just Nigeria.
In my state Jigawa, this problem was solved by former Governor Sule Lamido. About 50meter wide grazing paths were kept by the government and the farmers were warned not to cultivate it. The following planting season the farmers cultivated the grazing paths. The govt had to send tractors to mow down the crops and since then rearers-farmers clash has stopped in my state. This is the best way to solve the crisis.
A typical fulani man prides himself as fearless and ruthless. If you think reprisals can scare them away you are very wrong. They do not forget nor forgive, plus they have the advantage of been very mobile.
So the best solution is to dialogue and have common grounds then it would be easier to apprehend those that default.
I rest my case.
Ok. You can create grazing routes for them in Jigawa but here in Igboland where land is scarce, we won't spare an inch for murderers. You say they pride themselves as fearless and ruthless; we pride ourselves too in such manner. From today, herdsmen in Igboland are declared unsafe. We will see how they will survive it. All their camps in Igboland are known and will be handled appropriately. Igbos are too big for fulanis to invade and occupy our lands. May God forbid that men remain and fulanis occupy our homeland. They will not live to tell the story.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by onetouch04: 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
joborskill:
Yoruba fool

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by EazyMoh(m): 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
Yujin:

Ok. You can create grazing routes for them in Jigawa but here in Igboland where land is scarce, we won't spare an inch for murderers. You say they pride themselves as fearless and ruthless; we pride ourselves too in such manner. From today, herdsmen in Igboland are declared unsafe. We will see how they will survive it. All their camps in Igboland are known and will be handled appropriately. Igbos are too big for fulanis to invade and occupy our lands. May God forbid that men remain and fulanis occupy our homeland. They will not live to tell the story.
Lol! Well the land no matter how scarce belongs to the government, and all it would do is compensate the people. Understand me am trying to point to the best solution. Even if you succeed in annihilating all Fulani's that enter your land, their tribesmen from as far as Senegal and Central Africa would organize a massive reprisal and the blood bath continues. Trust me they'd never give up!
I say no to violence as a solution to violence.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by EazyMoh(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
chukwudi44:

They will be very widescale reprisals!!! You can count on that!! No one has a monopoly over violence
Oga! Vanguard just reported that the said community has been sacked. Oya! go and 'reprise' empty chest beater!
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by raumdeuter: 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
Are they cowards?
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by ukandi1(m): 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Vanguard don come again, this same Enugu wey we dey?

The greatest treat to Nigeria peace and unity at the moment is the media...............
What's ur point? As I write, Uzo-uwani is under attack. Death toll is about 28 now
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by greatiyk4u(m): 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
ukandi1:

What's ur point? As I write, Uzo-uwani is under attack. Death toll is about 28 now

That is true, I witnessed it today dear!
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by ukandi1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
greatiyk4u:

That is true, I witnessed it today dear!
These guys have left sambisa forest to Christian dominated South to continue their Jihad, pretending to be herdsmen. Boko haram is here with us now.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by preselect(m): 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
[size=15pt]Can someone call Rev Fr Mbaka and congratulate him for endorsing calamity upon the SE. angry[/size]

joborskill:
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government.

[size=13pt]whether the owners of the land want to sell or not, abi ? angry

The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory.

[size=13pt]stop!!! the federal govt does not. . . . . repeat. . . DOES NOT own all the land and territories in nigeria. where did yo get that from?[/size]

We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism.
[size=13pt]we are not one nigeria. . . the earlier we admit that the better for our unity. we cannot solve our national problem if we deny that one exists. we must recognize that we are not one, and find ways of uniting and treating each other better. those who deny that we have real problems are prolly the cause of the problems.[/size]

Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country.

[size=14pt]Lord Lugard is the most devious modafoka that ever walked on this planet and may his despicable soul rot in the bottom of hell. . . anuofia[/size] angry

We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]
[/size]

[size=15pt]nonsense[/size] angry

2 Likes

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by BabaAgba001(m): 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
chukwudi44:
If the fulani want to attempt an agatu-like scenario in igboland,they better get ready for reprisals in major cities of the east!! The igbos are a majority ethnic group and. Expect reprisals in key eastern cities like onitsha,Aba,Enugu etc!! No one has a monopoly over violence.

To be for warned is to be fore harmed. This fulanis are ready to die any moment cos they have no futuer plans but u that have future plans pls plan to win tactically. It I well with u all. We are with u in prayers.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by onoslove(f): 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Vanguard don come again, this same Enugu wey we dey?

The greatest treat to Nigeria peace and unity at the moment is the media...............
I guess you now know that nothing should be brushed outside when stories like these are been reported.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by greatiyk4u(m): 8:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
onoslove:
I guess you now know that nothing should be brushed outside when stories like these are been reported.

Yeah
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by enlightenedmind: 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
joborskill:

U r absolutely right. The SEs can do their business anywhere in Nigeria, but when some one comes there for business, it is invasion. SMH. Nigerians do business everywhere and anywhere. We always had to abide by laws as we met them in the states we choose to do biz in.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Yujin(m): 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
EazyMoh:

Lol! Well the land no matter how scarce belongs to the government, and all it would do is compensate the people. Understand me am trying to point to the best solution. Even if you succeed in annihilating all Fulani's that enter your land, their tribesmen from as far as Senegal and Central Africa would organize a massive reprisal and the blood bath continues. Trust me they'd never give up!
I say no to violence as a solution to violence.
It doesn't matter if they are known not to give up. Igboland will never spare an inch for nomads. Igbos can be very ruthless if they chose to be and the fulanis will soon discover that. Many of us scattered all over the world have got the info and we will respond accordingly. It is clearly a case of invasion which we shall deal with. Igbos cannot be intimidated you should know that by now.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by EazyMoh(m): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
Yujin:

It doesn't matter if they are known not to give up. Igboland will never spare an inch for nomads. Igbos can be very ruthless if they chose to be and the fulanis will soon discover that. Many of us scattered all over the world have got the info and we will respond accordingly. It is clearly a case of invasion which we shall deal with. Igbos cannot be intimidated you should know that by now.
OK o. But in the end let there be peace. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Leiman100(m): 11:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
Realman87:

So this is what u can say. Fulani herdsmen are rampaging the country but ur problem is the igbos. What has voteless minority got to do with this thread. Your people landed Nigeria in a mess due 2 hatred 4 igbos. You people cannot live with the fact that igbos are superior to your tribe. Mind u, am not igbo; but the earlier you people accept that Igbos are a superior race, the better for Southern Nigeria. your people hate igbos because they are intimidated by the superior igbos. This is 2016 and the truth is coming out gradually. even the British colonialists are already confessing.
this is the height of insanity and ignorance. Honestly I don't like joining issues wwith myopic ignoramus
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Afritop(m): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2016
BUT ALAS IT HAPPENED AND THEIR YEYE GOVERNOR AND COMMISIONER OF POLICE WHO ARE EXPECTED TO FORESTALL THE OCCURENCE TOLD THE AFFECTED COMMUNITIES TO GO AND FAST AFTER MANY HAVE BEEN MURDERED
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by wanimo: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2016
Igbos have started arming themselves. The bubble will soon burst
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by wanimo: 8:15am On Apr 27, 2016
enlightenedmind:

U r absolutely right. The SEs can do their business anywhere in Nigeria, but when some one comes there for business, it is invasion. SMH. Nigerians do business everywhere and anywhere. We always had to abide by laws as we met them in the states we choose to do biz in.
soon it will be kill at sight for every Fulani herdsman in Igbo land. U can graze in Sambisa forest to avoid that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Segun Awosanya "Sega", #ENDSARS Originator Wins AFZ 2017 Person Of The Year / Buhari, Buratai In Closed-Door Meeting / Presidential Candidates Afenifere Backed In 2015, 2019 Failed — Keyamo Mocks Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.