Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,907 members, 7,799,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle (5980 Views)

Toyota Camry Muscle Vs. Honda Accord Evil Spirit / Toyota Camry Muscle 2011 Model / What Can U Guys Say About This Nissan? Can I Buy It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2016
I am planning of getting myself a Toyota TOK camry 2010 SE or XLE as my first car. Another consideration is that the road that lead to my home is in terrible condition especially during raining season. I really need u guys advice for this car as per my first car and considering the state of the road to my home. Ur candid advice will be welcome from everyone. Thanks sir
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ur contributions will be welcome,i dont want to enter one chance since it will be my first car...
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
anath:
Ur contributions will be welcome,i dont want to enter one chance since it will be my first car...
Don't you like SUVs? Due to the bad road to your house, I would advice you to consider a Toyota highlander within your budget.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 12:35am On Apr 26, 2016
0rex:

Don't you like SUVs? Due to the bad roads to your house, I would advice you to consider a Toyota highlander within your budget.

thanks,but from series of advice I had before now was that I should not start a first car with an SUV. so am dam confuse that is why am throwing it out to experience car owners for advice.
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Lexusgs430: 1:20am On Apr 26, 2016
anath:
I am planning of getting myself a Toyota TOK camry 2010 SE or XLE as my first car. Another consideration is that the road that lead to my home is in terrible condition especially during raining season. I really need u guys advice for this car as per my first car and considering the state of the road to my home. Ur candid advice will be welcome from everyone. Thanks sir

Does anyone in your immediate vicinity drive a saloon? How do they cope during the bad seasons? If badly, simply get an SUV (and you can rescue them when they are stuck) (or simply splash dirty water on them).

5 Likes

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Lexusgs430: 1:21am On Apr 26, 2016
anath:

thanks,but from series of advice I had before now was that I should not start a first car with an SUV. so am dam confuse that is why am throwing it out to experience car owners for advice.

Do you know how to drive or you are relying on a driver?
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Nyceguy92: 4:17am On Apr 26, 2016
[quote author=anath post=45024221]

When people advised you should not buy an SUV as first car, they were under the false impression that SUVs are always expensive.
Depending on the year of manufacture, you can get a serviceable SUV at a price cheaper than a sedan.

Due to bad roads, I go for cars that have good ground clearance.
Have you considered RAV 4, 4Runner, even Honda CRV or Honda Pilot?
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 6:39am On Apr 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Does anyone in your immediate vicinity drive a saloon? How do they cope during the bad seasons? If badly, simply get an SUV (and you can rescue them when they are stuck) (or simply splash dirty water on them).

Bros,has per ur question there are many ppl using SUV but few using Saloon. During raining days u need see the way their cars are swimming on the dirty water. That was why I was on the opinion of SUV b4 but a thread here change my mentality that no matter what never starts ur first car with an SUV and this will b my first car.
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 6:42am On Apr 26, 2016
[quote author=Nyceguy92 post=45045468][/quote]

Thanks sir, but What about their fuel consumption rate and maintenance factors for first car users.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Lexusgs430: 7:00am On Apr 26, 2016
anath:

Bros,has per ur question there are many ppl using SUV but few using Saloon. During raining days u need see the way their cars are swimming on the dirty water. That was why I was on the opinion of SUV b4 but a thread here change my mentality that no matter what never starts ur first car with an SUV and this will b my first car.

Would that SUV-BIASED thread rescue you, when you get stuck?
Buy the SUV. Start shopping for an SUV, remember to give me a lift when you see me!!!
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Would that SUV-BIASED thread rescue you, when you get stuck?
Buy the SUV. Start shopping for an SUV, remember to give me a lift when you see me!!!

I need advice from ur end as per the advantages and disadvantages associated with an SUV cars. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Lexusgs430: 8:02am On Apr 26, 2016
anath:

I need advice from ur end as per the advantages and disadvantages associated with an SUV cars. Thanks bro

The first and most important aspect/advantage for you is ground clearance
SUV's are not usually steady at higher speeds in comparison to saloon cars. Drive reasonably, and your SUV would roll over
Cost of maintenance is almost or equally the same
Get a well maintained SUV, and you would not regret it!!!
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

grin Good questions and a little joke.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Lexusgs430: 8:09am On Apr 26, 2016
0rex:

grin Good questions and a little joke.
At times, little jokes buttresses the point. Lol

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 26, 2016
The people advising you were talking in general terms and they may have a point but they won't be there to help you when your camry is stuck in a gully.
Mind you, the 4 cylinder Front Wheel Drive Highlander is basically a glorified Toyota camry.

I'm recommending it because I have used it and it's a good SUV. Good performance, reliability, ground clearance and fuel economy for an SUV. You have several other options available, of course.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 8:16am On Apr 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The first and most important aspect/advantage for you is ground clearance
SUV's are not usually steady at higher speeds in comparison to saloon cars. Drive reasonably, and your SUV would roll over
Cost of maintenance is almost or equally the same
Get a well maintained SUV, and you would not regret it!!!

Thanks a lot for the info,i really appreciate but u didn't say anything has per fuel consumption.
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Lexusgs430: 8:33am On Apr 26, 2016
anath:

Thanks a lot for the info,i really appreciate but u didn't say anything has per fuel consumption.

If you don't buy a V8 or V10 SUV, you would be fine. Buy an I4 or V6. The V6 would consume more than the I4.
But bad driving habits could also translate to higher fuel consumption.
Using Air-conditioning all the time, would consume more fuel, due to engine load
Lack of regular maintenance, would also consume more fuel
If you have an Engine management light on, investigate and fix. Bad oxygen sensors would affect fuel consumption etc etc etc
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 8:51am On Apr 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If you don't buy a V8 or V10 SUV, you would be fine. Buy an I4 or V6. The V6 would consume more than the I4.
But bad driving habits could also translate to higher fuel consumption.
Using Air-conditioning all the time, would consume more fuel, due to engine load
Lack of regular maintenance, would also consume more fuel
If you have an Engine management light on, investigate and fix. Bad oxygen sensors would affect fuel consumption etc etc etc

Thanks thanks alot.... but can one find an SUV of 4 cylinder? I never knew SUV has four cylinder orientation engine,i will love to which of the SUVS. Once again thanks for the info
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by barule: 8:53am On Apr 26, 2016
I will advice u go for highlander, I have a a friend that as been using it for 4 yrs now and it was his first car.

Also u can ask for the price of the Camry 2010 gear and the suv gear also in case if there is any damage in future.
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Lexusgs430: 8:55am On Apr 26, 2016
anath:

Thanks thanks alot.... but can one find an SUV of 4 cylinder? I never knew SUV has four cylinder orientation engine,i will love to which of the SUVS. Once again thanks for the info

http://www.autobytel.com/sport-utility-vehicles/car-buying-guides/best-4-cylinder-suvs-124616/
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 26, 2016
anath:

It seems you haven't been seeing my replies or you don't understand them.
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 10:52am On Apr 26, 2016
0rex:

Yes boss,i hav been seeing it but I dont hav much ideas of those cars. Pls I will really appreciate If u can throw more light on them. Thanks a lot for ur contributions u are helpin confused inexperienced car owner in making.
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 10:53am On Apr 26, 2016
0rex:

Yes boss,i hav been seeing it but I dont hav much ideas of those cars. Pls I will really appreciate If u can throw more light on them. Thanks a lot for ur contributions u are helpin confused inexperienced future car owner in making.
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
Toyota Highlander and Lexus RX330 which will u recommend for me taking into consideration those factors I mention B4 now.
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by divinelove(m): 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
anath:
Toyota Highlander and Lexus RX330 which will u recommend for me taking into consideration those factors I mention B4 now.

lexus RX 330 for men ie its complete luxury 3.3l v6

toyota highlander 3.0l v6/ or d 14 for boys

There is no comparison maintenance cost will be higher for d luxurious brand lexus, if u earn above 350k per month u will easily maintain d lexus sha

suv dt r grade 1 toks dnt breakdown often if well maintained but if u buy scrap u go hear am
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by titosantana(m): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

cheesy

Op, SUV is your best bet considering your location.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by anath(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
divinelove:

lexus RX 330 for men ie its complete luxury 3.3l v6

toyota highlander 3.0l v6/ or d 14 for boys

There is no comparison maintenance cost will be higher for d luxurious brand lexus, if u earn above 350k per month u will easily maintain d lexus sha

suv dt r grade 1 toks dnt breakdown often if well maintained but if u buy scrap u go hear am

Wow,what a superb and summarize comparison. I am learning bros. To me,i tot the cost of maint of rx330 will b same as highlander since most of its parts are of Toyota brand. What about that?
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Nyceguy92: 6:22am On Apr 27, 2016
anath:

Thanks sir, but What about their fuel consumption rate and maintenance factors for first car users.

Their maintenance is not expensive and fuel economy is good.
They use regular fuel, which is easily available and cheap compared to premium.

Brands like Lexus and Infiniti are high on fuel.
Honda Pilot comes in 6 cylinders, 4Runner 6 or 8; others have the 4 cylinders option.
Their engines last a long time and most mechanics are familiar with their repairs.

If you get a car that has no engine issues, all you need is regular oil change and occasional look through.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
What's this stuff about not making an SUV your first car

A good friend of mine bought a toks lexus RX 300. He didn't even know how to drive when he bought it. Almost a year now and no issues with it.

Go for an SUV and give it proper maintenance.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by NemzySeries(m): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
anath:
U can buy any car u like in as much as u av d cash 4 maintenance....muscle is a fantastic car but low bkos we av 1 but i'll suggest u go 4 a 2008 Rav4,Lexus RX330 or 2006highlander.....Rav wud do u well till u park out of dat river u stay
Re: I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 01, 2016
The camry has been one of Americas best selling models for years. Its a safe efficient and reliable family sedan,I highly recommend it. But if u are more about high ground clearance the highlander like some guys suggested is the closest u can get to a camry because they both are built on the same platform. The highlander or "tushed" camry as I call it is quite easy to maintain and one of the most efficient in its class,and let's not forget has an extra space for two. There's also the lexus RX300 (or 330 if your budget permits). This SUV drives and feels like a sedan with a price considerably less than 2m. Goodluck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine / Please How Much It Will Cost To Repair This Car? / How Reliable Is Nissan Almera And Nissan Primera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.