Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:58 PM

Why Women Get “WET” During RAPE - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Women Get “WET” During RAPE (17760 Views)

Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens / Man Gets Accused Of Rape By Lady He Ignored For His Laptop (Pics) / Woman Sacked By Her Husband For Moaning During Rape By Robbers Arrive Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Get “WET” During RAPE by ournaijablog(f): 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
While this is a very sensitive issue to talk about, I feel most women out there need to be made aware of this fact. Rape is one of the worst, vile crime to commit and for someone to experience, it leaves most victims asking ‘WHY?’ why me? Why was I picked out? Did I encourage his acts? Did I dress indecently? Was I too forward? Why did I get drunk with him?

Being a victim of rape is not your fault as the victim, there’s no justification for someone to commit such a vile act against a person. You didn’t encourage him, you didn’t lead him on and yet it happen, dressing indecently has never been an excuse for one animal to pounce on a helpless defenseless victim.

I saw a video sometime ago on the internet, three men were raping a young girl and she kept crying and begging for them to leave her alone and allow her go home, a friend who was seeing this same video with me said “there’s no way this girl didn’t enjoy being raped at a point in this video, look at her she’s even wet” I was shocked I argued and said she had no control over how her body responded her being wet doesn’t mean she’s enjoying it.

I felt really bad a woman could say such, while my heart broke for the victim I began to ask myself the ultimate question here “why was this girl wet”? Was she really enjoying it? Could it be? I wouldn’t bring myself to believe such so I started making research.
I found out that being “WET” during or before intercourse is the vaginal’s way of preparing itself for sex, “PENETRATION” for rape it is a protection mechanism so there is no much injury on the vaginal, our bodies have totally and absolutely no control over this, when something like this happens do not feel your body has betrayed you.

Get wet doesn’t only occur during rape, sometimes it happens when we are scared or frustrated, getting aroused during rape is a mental and physical response our bodies have been programmed with. You might be disgusted with what is happening and still get wet. Arousal during rape is an example of a physical response whether the body likes it or not, it’s just like breathing.
Some rapists enjoy making their victims bodies respond to the assault as a sign of dominance. These rapists work to get a physical response from their victims. They have learned how fear and anxiety can correspond to other forms of heightened arousal and they exploit the connection.

Like I said “SUPRA” becoming wet during a rape is also a defense mechanism. The wetter your body becomes during forced intercourse, the less damage done by tearing. Being wet during rape is one of the most emotionally conflicting parts of sexual abuse. The girl does not want sex, but yet her body prepares her for it. Often, rape victims struggle with knowing their body betrayed them.
In similar concept, when a girl feels helpless they often become wet. The wetness is a result of their body preparing them for what could become a situation of rape. Thankfully most helpless situations might not lead to rape but it is possible to get wet anytime we are nervous or scared. This wetness has nothing to do with arousal, it is our body preparing us incase penetration is about to occur, in the same way our bodies prepares us for rape.

Now to all the rape victims, do not feel your body betrayed you, it is not your fault and neither is it your body. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise, I hope this helps a lot of women who are struggling with this question.

Ibeji Isabella
Twitter: @ournaijablog
Facebook:Ournaijablog

Culled from ournaijablog.com

1 Like

Re: Why Women Get “WET” During RAPE by zico530(m): 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
Op you should know better
Re: Why Women Get “WET” During RAPE by ikubch(m): 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
zico530:
classic!
Re: Why Women Get “WET” During RAPE by Analysiscorner: 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
Even somebody who responded more actively than being just wet is still a rape victim.
What do I mean?
A rape victim may in the sex process be stimulated that she tries reaching orgasm, or actually reaching it. But it still is rape, because of lack of consent.

5 Likes

Re: Why Women Get “WET” During RAPE by ournaijablog(f): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
zico530:
are you asking me if I have been raped? If so the answer is no and I pray I or some other persons don't fall victim thanks

(1) (Reply)

Man Burns 8-Year-Old Stepson's Hand For Stealing N200 In Rivers State (Photos) / NDLEA Arrests Woman Linked To Pakistani Syndicate, Recovers Cannabis, Tramadol / Rapper Degeze Turns Born Again After Robbery Attack in Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.