Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,900 members, 7,799,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

My White\asian Friends Thinks That All Black People Say Aks(axe) Instead Of Ask - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My White\asian Friends Thinks That All Black People Say Aks(axe) Instead Of Ask (2398 Views)

10 Things Extraordinary People Say Everyday. / Things Broke People Say / He Who Thinks That He Is Too Small To Make A Change, Has Not, Really, Shared A Bed With A Bug Or A M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My White\asian Friends Thinks That All Black People Say Aks(axe) Instead Of Ask by dm1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2009
1. have you ever noticed or someone pointed it out to u that u saying aks(axe) instead of ask?

2. Is it all black people that do this?

3. Is it all common all black people no matter where u grow up?

4. my friends thinks that its a genetic feature among blacks not to be able to pronounce 'ask' as he said it found in all Americans no matter how educated there are. could this be true?

5. Is this problem only found in black people? if not which race have it too?

6. Do other races have peculiar problems pronouncing some English words? if so please give example.

7. Does race or genetics have any influence on your linguistics? for eg even if you born and breed in an English country such as England or USA?

Your kind responses will be appreciated and used to challenge this white thingys.lol
Re: My White\asian Friends Thinks That All Black People Say Aks(axe) Instead Of Ask by SisiJinx: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
Oy Veh!!
Re: My White\asian Friends Thinks That All Black People Say Aks(axe) Instead Of Ask by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
Why do I get the vibe of another attempt to spite black people? Can your friends dare pronounce words with Gb (Gbolahan), or NK (Nkem), or Ng (Ngerem) without splitting their tongues into two? I wonder where the self righteousness is coming from.
Re: My White\asian Friends Thinks That All Black People Say Aks(axe) Instead Of Ask by xoxoxo(f): 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
@poster

yea, BA say axe/ass for ask.  They also says wichu  for with you. I know Ng is pronounced ing.
Re: My White\asian Friends Thinks That All Black People Say Aks(axe) Instead Of Ask by SeanT21(f): 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
Some do and Some dont.
Re: My White\asian Friends Thinks That All Black People Say Aks(axe) Instead Of Ask by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2009
everywhere has their own peculiar ways of pronouncing things.

Ignoramuses seize on these to poke fun at them, generalize and make themselves feel superior, but it only shows deep feelings of inferiority on the part of any such clown.

If they saw a psychologist they'd probably blame their problems on their parents. grin

(1) (Reply)

Canada Based Nigerian Students Gives A Helping Hand / Whats With All The Cursin On Nigerian Men! / Meet America's Oldest Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.