Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike (14426 Views)

Transfer Update : Liverpool Trying To Defeat Bayern Munich To Sign Leon Goretzka / Ejike Uzoenyi Recreate Form: Scores On Bidvest Wits Debut / Nigeria's Ejike Uzoenyi Signs For Wits, Completes Switch From Sundowns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by dridowu: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
Highly-rated Nigerian starlets Jacob Njoku and Chidera Ejike have joined Liverpool on a trial basis, according to the duo's representative. Manchester City had previously kept a close eye on 18-year-old attacking midfielder Ejike's progress at the Gee-Lec academy, but are yet to make a move for the highly-rated youngster.

Liverpool instead have jumped the queue, inviting the player over for a two-week trial, along with 18-year-old Njoku, who was previously on the books of Portuguese giants Porto.

"Njoku and Ejike are in Liverpool already. We arrived in England around 2pm on Saturday (23 April), they are starting training tomorrow," the pair's representative Babawo Mohammed told AllNigeriaSoccer.com.

Major clubs across Europe have looked to young Nigerian options in recent months following the country's success at the Under-17 World Cup in November 2015.

Arsenal have also agreed deals for both Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze, with Arsene Wenger confirming in January the club were hopeful of resolving work permit and medical issues to sign up the pair.

Sixteen-year-old midfielder Chukwueze was given a British entry visa allowing him to complete his move in February, while 17-year-old Nwakali, who won the Golden Ball award at November's tournament in Chile, revealed he had signed a five-year-contract with the Gunners.

Liverpool meanwhile have already begun making preparations for next season with Schalke defender Joel Matip poised to join the club in July when his current deal with the Bundesliga club expires.

Udinese midfielder Piotr Zielinski also confirmed he had already held talks with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp over a move to Anfield this summer. The versatile midfielder was tentatively linked with a move to the Premier League in January and confirmed in April he had been in direct contact with the Reds' boss.

FC Cologne and Germany full-back Jonas Hector has also admitted he would find it very difficult to turn down a move to Liverpool if Klopp was to reach out to him.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpool-nigerian-duo-jacob-njoku-chidera-ejike-undergoing-trials-merseyside-1556661

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by DickDastardly(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
IPOB Youths doing great things tongue

Haters oya hit me grin cheesy

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by tobtap: 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
hmmmmm...congrats..BUT ARE THEY TRULY 18years old?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
Jacob Njoku is Ebonyian.
Proudly one too.

11 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Pwayne2016(m): 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Umuigbo..
Ya gazie ru unu

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by sirTesco(m): 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
When is Saraki going to jail?
My concern

to the topic above,
so una wan tell me say dat bros over there na under 20.
If we were to be using football age in Nigerian politics, then Buhari should have been 41 by now while his classmates in Daura will be clocking 80?
So I senoir dat bros?
Pikin like me

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Presbulg(m): 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Following in Arsenal's footsteps I see
Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by DickDastardly(m): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
sirTesco:
When is Saraki going to jail?
My concern
1st hater spotted cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
Handsome Guys.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by otunbabadok(m): 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
I just hope they are good enough, my Liverpool team doesn't have Nigerians playing for them. A sad story though, Taiwo Awoniyi is almost same age as Kelechi performing wonder at Etihad yet he doesn't have a squad number at Liverpool. Welcome on board boys. Fully blooded red. You'll never walk alone. Work on with hope in your heart.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
WHO RATED THEM?
Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Category1: 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
[size=15pt]igbo rules!!! [/size]

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by PissedOffWeed(m): 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
Igbo nigaas shitting on fulani broke blood thirsty cows since 70AD!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Generalkorex(m): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
YNWA
It's exactly 10yrs today that an ice cream hawker ran away with my 10naira change at lagos- Ibadan express way.
what a day!!!

10 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by kel5000(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
tobtap:
hmmmmm...congrats..BUT ARE THEY TRULY 18years old?
Ko kan aye

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by kel5000(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
Pwayne2016:
Umuigbo..

Ya gazie ru unu
Amen oooo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by jimi4us: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
Children of envy and hate won't like this news. They will soon arrive.

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by omolola15(m): 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
This ethical bigots don tire me self. Any small thing dem go dey shout Igbo rules. Few days ago it was on FP that a yoruba man in California is contesting for the US Senate. All the comments on that thread were matured comments. But if 1 igbo man do small thing dem no go let us rest. They are not the first tribe to go on trial in England na. Haba

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by prahcetomi(m): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
omolola15:
This ethical bigots don tire me self. Any small thing dem go dey shout Igbo rules. Few days ago it was on FP that a yoruba man in California is contesting for the US Senate. All the comments on that thread were matured comments. But if 1 igbo man do small thing dem no go let us rest. They are not the first tribe to go on trial in England na. Haba
my brother,please tell them.
Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by basilo101: 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
omolola15:
Nonesense. When its about crime you remember they are igbos

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by laurel03(m): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
omolola15:
if to say na drug dey carry we no go hear igbo rule...

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by omolola15(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
basilo101:

Nonesense. When its about crime you remember they are igbos

I commend every achievements once the person is a nigerian. I saw a post on Facebook some days ago. Where people were cursing and swearing for themselves all because of this igbo rule. Some1 said igbo no dey carry last. And another 1 asked where those igbo dey when an ijaw man was president. He also asked why igbo men no dey among the top 10 richest in Africa abi na Nigeria self. You wan try the kind curse wey dem curse this guy. The funniest part is that the guy is also an igbo guy. But they called him a bastard igbo son.

happney65 remember we talked about this just this morning.
Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by omolola15(m): 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
laurel03:
if to say na drug dey carry we no go hear igbo rule...

prahcetomi:
my brother,please tell them.

I just wish we can see past this ethical nonsense.
Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by happney65: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
omolola15:

I commend every achievements once the person is a nigerian. I saw a post on Facebook some days ago. Where people were cursing and swearing for themselves all because of this igbo rule. Some1 said igbo no dey carry last. And another 1 asked where those igbo dey when an ijaw man was president. He also asked why igbo men no dey among the top 10 richest in Africa abi na Nigeria self. You wan try the kind curse wey dem curse this guy. The funniest part is that the guy is also an igbo guy. But they called him a bastard igbo son.

happney65 remember we talked about this just this morning.

Dont mind those yeye People jare....But i like their Girls shaa..They are less Liberal than our own here wey dey very very rigid.. grin
Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Nature129(m): 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
DickDastardly:

It bothers me what people like have turned Nairaland into. I still blame Mr Seun and all the super mods for allowing things to degenerate to this level.

Linda Ikeji took time to sensitize her blog readers, and it got to a point where tribal comments and abuses were not posted. I expect Mr Seun to start banning people forever so as to sanitise this platform.

We are all Nigerians. Nigerians are supposed to love themselves and see themselves as ONE.

We are not competing with ourselves!

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by DickDastardly(m): 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nature129:

It bothers me what people like have turned Nairaland into. I still blame Mr Seun and all the super mods for allowing things to degenerate to this level.

Linda Ikeji took time to sensitize her blog readers, and it got to a point where tribal comments and abuses were not posted. I expect Mr Seun to start banning people forever so as to sanitise this platform.

We are all Nigerians. Nigerians are supposed to love themselves and see themselves as ONE.

Tell that to fulani herdsmen currently on killing spree nationwide. Btw, if u can produce a previous post of yours condemning their actions then you not a bastard. Hopeless hypocrite cool

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
Must they always be igbo? I tire for these people.....they just keep repping.

Yes they are who they are *IGBO*......No more, No less

They taught they will bury them not knowing they were seeds...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by zicky(m): 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nature129:

You just spoke my mind bro, I believe seun and his mod should take 90% of the blame, they enjoy the tribal bashing going on. When I joined nairaland it wasn't like these, I get sick over this ethnic or tribal nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by igboboy3(m): 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
DickDastardly:

Biafra will definitely win African Nations Cup. grin grin

The future is bright.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by DickDastardly(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
igboboy3:

Biafra will definitely win African Nations Cup. grin grin

The future is bright.
One love grin

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
DickDastardly:

grin grin grin grin I hope they won't start beefing the zoo when they are not invited into the kingdom. I hope they won't end up like.. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
Category1:
[size=15pt]igbo rules!!! [/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Match Tickets Will Be Sold For Nigeria VS Liberia Match. / Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His Father's Birthday (PHOTOS) / Lewandowski Determined To Go To Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.