Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards (44715 Views)

Top Ten Medical Schools In Nigeria(2016) / Top 20 Best Polytechnics In Nigeria 2016 / Top 11 Best School Of Nursing In Nigeria 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by adeleye003(m): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2016
IrradiatoR:
I would prefer the form be downloaded from their website and not to be collected by hand from the school

you dey fear go your dept nii??
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by IrradiatoR: 8:07am On Apr 26, 2016
adeleye003:

you dey fear go your dept nii??

Not at all. . .

We all know how things like this go in Nigeria, when you get to the place of issuance, you start hearing excuses like:

I. we don't have the forms yet,
ii. the Secretary is not on sit ,
iii. the Secretary has gone out to eat bla bla bla. . .

and some may forgetfully/deliberately keep your completed forms somewhere such that it doesn't get processed with others. . .

An online application would have been better, where the forms are filled and submitted online, the Federal Scholarship Board only needs to contact the Academic and Records Unit of each institution to forward names of students with CGPA of 4 points and above for further necessary action.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by kaima2015: 8:16am On Apr 26, 2016
IrradiatoR:

Not at all. . .

We all know how things like this go in Nigeria, when you get to the place of issuance, you start hearing excuses like:

and some may forgetfully/deliberately keep your completed forms somewhere such that it doesn't get processed with others

An online application would have been better, where the forms are filled and submitted online, the Federal Scholarship Board only needs to contact the Academic and Records Unit of each institution to forward names of students with CGPA of 4 points and above for further necessary action.

Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by kaima2015: 8:17am On Apr 26, 2016
IrradiatoR:

Not at all. . .

and some may forgetfully/deliberately keep your completed forms somewhere such that it doesn't get processed with others. . .

Has anyone obtained a copy of the form ? Could you share please.....it is the same form everywhere (so i heard)....having obtained the form we could still follow the departmental process because it requires an endorsement by your departmental HOD
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Drphemmy4u: 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
Dekins88:
Thanks Dr.

Thanks for giving we new applicants hope.
Please can you give us more insights on what type of question they do ask?
Is the normal Verbal, Quant and Critical reasoning questions?
Thanks.
you are welcome,the mathematics is more of quantitative reasoning.some questions were not stuff based,some look like questionnaires.for example,do u feel disturbed at times that you may not achieve your goals in life?a) Most times B)Always c)Seldom etc.Or say What's the range of your parent's annual income.Which kind of settlement do you live in....Are u angry at living in a dirty environment? etc.I feel they want to knw your social class and determine if you really need scholarship or not.There are other questions like verbal reasoning too.At my first attempt,I answered that section like a non-struggling student,I was not picked.The next year,I answered with the orientation and mentality of a poor man.Then I was selected. Only God knows what actually worked,but certainly a strong cgpa is a factor.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by ElPhoche(m): 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
Anybodie:

Please can you put us through the process of application, shortlist, interview/Examination and award
Usually, you apply and provode the necessary things needed. The day of exams is usually different for universities, polytechnics, monotechnics.
The questions are usually quantitative, English, general studies and questions about your family.
Success as you apply...
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by ElPhoche(m): 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
Drphemmy4u:
you are welcome,the mathematics is more of quantitative reasoning.some questions were not stuff based,some look like questionnaires.for example,do u feel disturbed at times that you may not achieve your goals in life?a) Most times B)Always c)Seldom etc.Or say What's the range of your parent's annual income.Which kind of settlement do you live in....Are u angry at living in a dirty environment? etc.I feel they want to knw your social class and determine if you really need scholarship or not.There are other questions like verbal reasoning too.At my first attempt,I answered that section like a non-struggling student,I was not picked.The next year,I answered with the orientation and mentality of a poor man.Then I was selected. Only God knows what actually worked,but certainly a strong cgpa is a factor.
Confirm... Which year did you win? I was 2011
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by ElPhoche(m): 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Bros check am na, those were the years of GEJ 's administration where he soo much promoted one Nigeria and federal character. But as we've seen in this administration, one Nigeria and federal character has been thrashed

You might have a point.
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by micayo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
Blessedgurl:
Good initiative. The monetary value is quite good too.

That scholarship has been on way back I think even before Jonathan's tenure. During Jonathan's time it was even way easier cod the forms were online and it was straight forward. Had up to 12 of my friends that benefitted. I don't understand this going to faculties to get form.
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by AlphaMaximus(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
AlphaMaximus:
Any unilag student here? I hope the protest aftermath doesn't affect our chances of successful application
I thought as much, knowing fully well that exams start soon and yet the closing date for the application was not announced.
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Drphemmy4u: 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
ElPhoche:
Confirm... Which year did you win? I was 2011
I was 2010
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Lekside5: 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
Please do well by informing us if you've gotten the form in your school.
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Lekside5: 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
Please do well by informing us if you've gotten the form in your school.
It's not available yet at OAU.
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by kaima2015: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
will go to federal scholarship board.....if i am successful in getting a copy of the form.....will paste here

1 Like

Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Lekside5: 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
kaima2015:
will go to federal scholarship board.....if i am successful in getting a copy of the form.....will paste here
Do you reside in Abuja, or where is the FSB you're talking about located?
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Anybodie: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
kaima2015:
Thanks bro
Please do give us feedback
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by JhyMedex: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
study4free:

Visit the scholarship link for application procedure
Bn 2 d site.. Each tym u click apply.. It Jst shows same page... Help pls?
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by study4free(m): 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
JhyMedex:

Bn 2 d site.. Each tym u click apply.. It Jst shows same page...
Help pls?

The application form can only be gotten from ur institution registrar office. Can't be downloaded online
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by calculator123(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
hello people,i need to apply for this scholarship anyone in UNILAG who has applied should pls state how.
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by calculator123(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dekins88:
I thought as much, knowing fully well that exams start soon and yet the closing date for the application was not announced.
who are we going to get the form.from.
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by JhyMedex: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
study4free:

The application form can only be gotten from ur institution registrar office. Can't be downloaded online
Tanx man 4 ur patience..
Gracias

1 Like

Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by dharmora(m): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
kennyyice...the scholarship forum
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Nelsizzy(m): 12:06am On Apr 29, 2016
Drphemmy4u:
I used old downloaded form and it worked.schools get only few copies I think through the DSA.Some even sell the forms which are meant to be free of charge.
Where can i download the form? And i saw something about submitting it at the interview centres. Can you make some clarifications on that?

1 Like

Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by ADEWALE7777: 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
Was a beneficiary back then in my part 2...but had to delay our payment till part 3...I think all beneficiaries from the southwest then
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by adamic: 7:02am On Apr 30, 2016
I couldn't get the form in my school
secretary to the register said he has not received any form.

Pls if you have the form, can you please assist me
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by kaima2015: 7:41am On Apr 30, 2016
same thing here.....went to the fsb, abuja yesterday and they have not heard anything about the scholarship!....they asked me whether i was sure it was on their website!.....it is my opinion that the program was initiated from the federal ministry of education, abuja but it has not yet filtered down to its subsidiary, the fsb.....they advised i should wait a bit (a week or two)

1 Like

Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Nelsizzy(m): 11:29am On Apr 30, 2016
Why cant it be online like others?
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Nelsizzy(m): 11:30am On Apr 30, 2016
The form is not in Uniben.
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by JhyMedex: 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
Drphemmy4u:
All least 10 of my classmates were beneficiaries back then in medical school including me(We all had first class in 100level).Its based on merit(I don't knw about now anyway).Having a very good cgpa is a plus.Its worth a trial.We all got paid at least 3yrs,that's 450k.
Doc hw is Post med school lyf?...
Am a med student, 400 lvl, I want 2 knw wat 2 attach 4 last sessional reslt...
U knw Dere's no cgpa in med skul...
Tanx
Re: Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards by Drphemmy4u: 9:22am On May 01, 2016
JhyMedex:

Doc hw is Post med school lyf?...
Am a med student, 400 lvl, I want 2 knw wat 2 attach 4 last sessional reslt...
U knw Dere's no cgpa in med skul...
Tanx
its quite challenging and stressful. U shld include ur part one mbbs result and your 100l unless otherwise stated. If its me, i will include my comprehensive too . They will look for what they want among the document.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help!!!!! What Is Maurid Polytechnic? / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.