Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? (8818 Views)

Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Lady Allows Her Hubby To Marry 2nd Wife, Even Feeds Her On The Wedding Day(pics / Parents In Tears At The Wedding Of Their Only Daughter In Lagos. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by searchng4love: 6:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
saaedlee:
One question, is it biblical to forcefully compel its members intending to get married in the church undergo pregnancy test? If yes, isn't it judgmental?
its not biblical at all. conviction is personal.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by saaedlee: 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2016
searchng4love:

its not biblical at all. conviction is persojnal.
Then Winners' Chapel shouldn't judge my sins here on earth, with all these responses I'll pick reasonable ones and present to the marriage committee when its time.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
searchng4love:
it goes thus...meet the babe... dating begins....light smooching.... no sex yet....... get to know her better......be in love with her......get to know her family including parents...... bring her home...... ask for her hand in marriage..... engaged!(bleeping may start but no preggy plan yet)...... meet the parents for trads...... do trads....bleeping starts in full force preggy may come depending on our plans..... registry follows.... and pastor can come for reception blessings if he's not discriminatory and doesn't ask too much questions like sis angelberry or sis lilmax, or sis cruzita have you been *** or are you preggy?.......she's now staying with me practically, my friend helpmate, better half, prayer partner and quarrel partner too!
Marriage is honourable in all but the bed undifle says the holy book. The pastor must ask you if you have defiled the bed or not.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by Acidosis(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
searchng4love:
no lele as long as the foetus mimzy is bringing is mine.

hmmn, the church needs to be careful so they don't join another man's baby with you, hence, the no pregnancy before joining.

Whatever happens after that day is up to you to resolve.

The bride's pastor is always in charge, so the church needs to protect its image. If they join another man's baby with you, you'd end up condemning the church and church sisters.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by Onegai(f): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
To the naysayers, I'm going to explain this to you in a beautiful manner (I encourage believers to get their money ready to spray me in appreciation, because my explanation is THAT beautiful cool). Disclaimer: I am not a member of Winner's Chapel and do not attend a church with such requirement.

Now, the word of the Lord stipulates that Fornication (the act of pre-marital sex) is a sin. That is clear. The church, as custodians of the words of God, decided to teach and enforce His laws. Some churches leave you to work out your salvation, other give you guidelines because they believe you may mot achieve it without Discipline from earthly sherpards (the clergy).

Now, since the church has decided to teach and enforce, but however are limited by privacy laws, that they cannot monitor each and every one of their members, they passed the by-law "pregnancy test or no marriage". They do not want to condone your sin of Fornication. It's not their place to judge you (so they won't and will bless your union afterwards), but they do not want to celebrate your sin of Fornication (they are custodians of God's word which clearly stated that you sin).

Modern Science has made it possible for people to fornicate and "not get caught" #BirthControl (pills, injections, implants, condoms and abortions) and Virginity cannot be tested for either gender (proof of hymen doesn't make you a virgin and men cannot be tested for virginity), but the church is still enforcing its by-law. Since you decided to go the extra mile and use contraceptives to fornicate (and sin) in the privacy of your heart, the church has left you to have that conversation with God at your appointed time as to why you were sooo determined to fornicate. As for the church, they have (as custodians of the Word of the Lord) done their part by teaching against fornication and enforcing a pregnancy test before marriage. They cannot enter your bedroom and be chasing you and that chick around the bed with a cane.

So the church rule of a pregnancy test before marriage stays. The End.

I'd like that money spray now please cool

2 Likes

Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by salisuammy(f): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
saaedlee:

One question, is it biblical to forcefully compel its members intending to get married in the church undergo pregnancy test? If yes, isn't it judgmental?

My brother let churches conduct virginity test to prevent fornication instead of making people kill their unborn children just for certificate when God states other wise . Just don't kill ur child my friend cause You don't know how many God destined for you. Instead of running from one prayer house to the other after wedding. people will definitely talk but just close ur ears . After ur wife born call me come chop rice.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by saaedlee: 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
salisuammy:

My brother let churches conduct virginity test to prevent fornication instead of making people kill their unborn children just for certificate when God states other wise . Just don't kill ur child my friend cause You don't know how many God destined for you. Instead of running from one prayer house to the other after wedding. people will definitely talk but just close ur ears . After ur wife born call me come chop rice.

Thanks, buh embarassed cry
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by searchng4love: 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
you know have been tipping it but not the whole way inside like I always promised at all times.
Angelberry:
Marriage is honourable in all but the bed undifle says the holy book. The pastor must ask you if you have defiled the bed or not.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
searchng4love:
you know have been tipping it but not the whole way inside like I always promised at all times.
Have we met before

I don't know what you're talking about, mind explaining further?
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by searchng4love: 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
Angelberry:
Have we met beforeI don't know what you're talking about, mind explaining further?

seems some people have been distracting you from our outing.... we spoke till PM point
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
searchng4love:

seems some people have been distracting you from our outing.... we spoke till PM point
Are u angel09 or angel9 don't know the moniker

1 Like

Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
searchng4love:
no lele as long as the foetus mimzy is bringing is mine.

Looolz cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by salisuammy(f): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
saaedlee:
Thanks, buh embarassed cry
But what again, why the sad face?
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 27, 2016
saaedlee:

Then Winners' Chapel shouldn't judge my sins here on earth, with all these responses I'll pick reasonable ones and present to the marriage committee when its time.

Bros, present what? Pls dont go and embarrass urself and ur fiancee o. Some churches can conduct church blessing for u instead of the holy matrimony ceremony. This can take place in front of ur guests as a ceremony or in the pastor's office. If u know u guys are already pregnant, do not bother subjecting urself to the pregnancy test and subsequent embarrassment. Either directly ask for church blessing beforehand or opt for trad and court only. Or take ur white wedding to a hall where u invite a minister to do the blessing and joining there. My opinion...
And like some have said, better keep ur baby and in the near future, u will be happier u did. Wedding is a one day ceremony. Ur marriage and ur child is for life. Go to Nairaland Trying to Conceive thread and u will see what women and men pass thru looking for the fruit of the womb. Be wise pls.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by saaedlee: 4:29am On Apr 27, 2016
I was worried since returning from work yesterday night; couldn't sleep for no reason and I started reading, moving from one thread to the other on nairaland, hoping that I might just doze off, lo and behold I stumbled on a thread: TTC, the length alone scared me shitless. Going through all in there, I can confidently say; Winners Chapel can stay behind! Yes I said that!!!

Must they judge me for the sin I committed or do they have an idea of what it takes to be pregnant these days considering the amount of processed foods we consume.
For those of you that encouraged me, thanks a lot, may the heavens reward you bountifully.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by eyinjuege: 6:51am On Apr 27, 2016
angels09:
invasion of privacy....and am yet to find a place in the bible that recommends church marriage.

No one can force another to do church marriage. We all know traditional and civil marriages are acceptable.
At that being an invasion of privacy, I don't think so since you weren't forced to marry in a church. If you want a church wedding at all costs, then you have to go by their rules.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by eyinjuege: 7:06am On Apr 27, 2016
searchng4love:

So public image is more important than the souls of Christians you're very hilarious. Can we discuss this without insults and abuses cos am sure that at the end you'll learn one or two things that will be of help to you
How do you know God will judge them.... Be careful with your choice of words dearie

I really don't understand your stands. Does the Bible call fornication a sin or not?

If a church presented with the evidence of fornication (pregnancy in an unwed couple) decides not to be a part of it, why blame them? You don't have to take it personal as there are always other options available. It doesn't mean if you invite your pastor to your traditional wedding he won't come, or if you ask him to pray for your new family he'll start cursing you guys.

Must you be wed in a church?

It's just the same way some gay people are pushing for the church to wed them, must they be wed in a church?

It's not only the church that can legitimize relationships, so if you're not happy with the restrictions individual churches place, please go for another option.

2 Likes

Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by pickabeau1: 7:08am On Apr 27, 2016
saaedlee:
I was worried since returning from work yesterday night; couldn't sleep for no reason and I started reading, moving from one thread to the other on nairaland, hoping that I might just doze off, lo and behold I stumbled on a thread: TTC, the length alone scared me shitless. Going through all in there, I can confidently say; Winners Chapel can stay behind! Yes I said that!!!
Must they judge me for the sin I committed or do they have an idea of what it takes to be pregnant these days considering the amount of processed foods we consume.
For those of you that encouraged me, thanks a lot, may the heavens reward you bountifully.

grin grin grin grin grin
Tell me something

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3641029_1445511436_jpege0eb8188efe3694029321f8251070b96
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by searchng4love: 8:02am On Apr 27, 2016
eyinjuege:

I really don't understand your stands. Does the Bible call fornication a sin or not?

If a church presented with the evidence of fornication (pregnancy in an unwed couple) decides not to be a part of it, why blame them? You don't have to take it personal as there are always other options available. It doesn't mean if you invite your pastor to your traditional wedding he won't come, or if you ask him to pray for your new family he'll start cursing you guys.

Must you be wed in a church?

It's just the same way some gay people are pushing for the church to wed them, must they be wed in a church?

It's not only the church that can legitimize relationships, so if you're not happy with the restrictions individual churches place, please go for another option.
There's nothing called church marriage in the bible. Show me where it is... The real wedding is the decision between the man and woman who agree to marry each other and with the blessings of their parents. That's all. The church is just formatting you guys.

1 Like

Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by searchng4love: 8:03am On Apr 27, 2016
eyinjuege:

No one can force another to do church marriage. We all know traditional and civil marriages are acceptable.
At that being an invasion of privacy, I don't think so since you weren't forced to marry in a church. If you want a church wedding at all costs, then you have to go by their rules.
Church marriage is a doctrine not a biblical originated practice
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by searchng4love: 8:08am On Apr 27, 2016
salisuammy:

The churches are leaving the important for the unimportant no wonder bh and Islam is growing at an alarming rate. They're aiming to govern the believers rule over them at will. Ever wondered why covenant university lecturers always feel bondaged? Do you know what it takes to say you don't want to work with covenant university again as a lecturer? If you do tell me. If not just go and find out
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by eyinjuege: 8:11am On Apr 27, 2016
searchng4love:

There's nothing called church marriage in the bible. Show me where it is... The real wedding is the decision between the man and woman who agree to marry each other and with the blessings of their parents. That's all. The church is just formatting you guys.

Why do you think you have to be the one to decide for anyone how they should do their wedding? No church is formatting anyone. Its all individual choices.
Personally, my spouse and I didn't get married in a church, and it wasn't because we were pregnant despite the fact that our parents held positions in their various churches.
We didn't want a church ceremony and the heavens didn't fall. That doesn't mean those that want a ceremony are stupid or are being "formatted". Provided you meet the requirements to wed in a church, if you want it go for it.

A man wanting to marry a second wife will not go to the courts/registry to do that again provided he did that with his first wife. Why can't we say the courts should allow him? He would definitely go for another option that allows that- traditional wedding.
Whether the courts are *formatting* anyone or not, na you sabi o.....
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by eyinjuege: 8:17am On Apr 27, 2016
searchng4love:

Church marriage is a doctrine not a biblical originated practice

Its not a doctrine. Its not compulsory anyone does it. I don't know anyone who has been compelled to do a church wedding they didn't want. I don't personally know any church that won't acknowledge a traditional or a court wedding.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by searchng4love: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2016
if its not in the bible and the church practices it then its a doctrine.
eyinjuege:

Its not a doctrine. Its not compulsory anyone does it. I don't know anyone who has been compelled to do a church wedding they didn't want. I don't personally know any church that won't acknowledge a traditional or a court wedding.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by searchng4love: 8:31am On Apr 27, 2016
y the lengthy essay?
eyinjuege:

Why do you think you have to be the one to decide for anyone how they should do their wedding? No church is formatting anyone. Its all individual choices.
Personally, my spouse and I didn't get married in a church, and it wasn't because we were pregnant despite the fact that our parents held positions in their various churches.
We didn't want a church ceremony and the heavens didn't fall. That doesn't mean those that want a ceremony are stupid or are being "formatted". Provided you meet the requirements to wed in a church, if you want it go for it.

A man wanting to marry a second wife will not go to the courts/registry to do that again provided he did that with his first wife. Why can't we say the courts should allow him? He would definitely go for another option that allows that- traditional wedding.
Whether the courts are *formatting* anyone or not, na you sabi o.....
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by salisuammy(f): 8:42am On Apr 27, 2016
saaedlee:
Thank goodness you realize this in time. Go and pay her bride price and she can wear her wedding gown to court where you guys can legalize ur union. All the best dear
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by Blade21: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2016
You had sex outside wedlock and got pregnant and you expect the church to Wed you? better go and do your trad, court then come to the church for blessings
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by thorpido(m): 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
salisuammy:
Please OP do not think of abortion just to make your church wed you. I have seen people who abort before their weddings and never got pregnant again after wedding. please the pregnancy is not a sin but fornication is.Unfortunately most churches are responsible for so many childless marriages today as most of them go for abortion just to avoid discrimination. Kindly call one pastor, explain the situation and ask him to wed you in a beautiful garden and the reception follows immediately.
The churches are the ones who brought them together to fornicate?The churches are the ones who took them to the clinic for abortion?

The bible says,'judge righteous judgement'.
Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
Acidosis:

How can you join a woman & her foetus with another man? No man of God would do that. It is not a must you get joined by a MOG. If the Church wedding is so important, then the lady can do that after birth.
you are so correct. even in my village you don't pay bride price of a pregnant woman until she delivers. it's an igbo culture. but things have gone wrong. people do as they wish.

1 Like

Re: Do Winners Chapel Conduct Pregnancy Test 3 Days Before The Wedding? by UIA04(f): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
saaedlee:

That's why every house it's rules, I once went to MFM i was told to re-tie my hair and remove my earrings, I wanted to enter so I had to comply.
Even God gave the Israelite rules, where there is no law there is anarchy.

You have to choose where, you are comfortable with their rules to marry or worship that's why there is diversity.

I would advise the pregnant ones, to find somewhere else to marry or just do the traditional and have their baby to avoid extra shaming from the church.

Spiritually though it is wrong to be joined in matrimony to a pregnant woman.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between A Husband And His Baby, Who Own A Woman's bosoms? / Where Would You Go If You Had A Time Machine / Mistress Stripped Naked,beaten By Wife & Friends Of Cheating Husband (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.