Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See (5792 Views)

Netflix Now Shows Nigerian Movies But.... / Favourite Reality Shows On Tv? / Reality Of Reality Shows In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by Sincer: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2009
I've read several topics about the different type of reality shows in nigeria. But im wanting to know from you the viewers/audience. What type of shows are you interested in seeing/watching next. All ideas are welcomed.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by Cawley: 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
[s]Why do you think that producers and viewers will put their show ideas out here so people can steal them  Ideas are subject to copyright protection so either you are a producer who wants to steal these ideas for your own benefit or you are just naive.  There are so many shows currently in syndcation in Nigeria.  Many more reality shows are being passed around to networks.  You don't see producers coming onto message blogs hunting for ideas, this is just more naija self-service at work. [/s]
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by Sincer: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
lol I could see how you would have that assumption regarding my post. Maybe I should of reworded it a lil better. I meant I just wanna know what type of reality shows there are out there. Like I've read the few shows on here but throughout my research I haven't found too many. But defintely not looking to steal anyones idea, lol just funny because once I read it I was like yeah that sounds a lil fishy. But yeah thats it.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by 68816419: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2009
"sex hause" tongue
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by lilvonz(m): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
Whatever
go Bleep yourself
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by candylips(m): 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
lol grin
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by Nezan(m): 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2009
live concerts grin
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by tboy1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
Nigerian Flavor of Love
not the kokomansion wannabe we've just witnessed, i want to see the REAL Flavor of Love
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by candylips(m): 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2009
Flavor of love. hmm sounds cool
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by Sincer: 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2009
Why so much hate? Honest mistake but I guess some people cant see past that.

However, I thought the Koko Mansion show was along the lines of a Flava of Love type of show.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by mrperfect(m): 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2009
Personally I am not addicted to watching shows neither I am looking for one. but whenever I see any show going base on my mood I may look in for few minutes and leave.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by Nija4Life(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
Reality tv is a dying concept which no longer has any place on tv screens. Evidence of this abounds in the dwindling viewership of Big brother in the UK and the decision of the producers to pull the plug on the programme after next year. I wonder why we need a programme that celebrates mediocrity and lacks creativity as evidenced by the recently concluded Koko mansion. I would rather we engage in more talent hun and quiz shows that task the intellectual and creative capacities of our young people.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by tboy1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2009
Sincer:

Why so much hate? Honest mistake but I guess some people cant see past that.
However, I thought the Koko Mansion show was along the lines of a Flava of Love type of show.
We're asking for the REAL Flavor of love ere grin grin grin
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
1) WHY THE REAL FLAVOR OF LOVE?
so girls can walk around in thongs bearing all, degrading themselves, just for a man's attention?
i mean come on!!!! do nigerians have to copy EVERYTHING the western world does?
as someone said up there, all these shows lack creativity.
no need to see NAIJA WOMEN trying to do this and that desperate for a man's attention.
Nigeria is a place with culture, tradition, customs, and all that.
no need for stupid western ways to kill off the culture we have left.
TV needs to remain sane and decent.

2) good shows that i have heard of are:
Naija Sings (its on now)

3) and please let there not be another show with the koko mansion concept.
whats up with live broadcasting?
they need to make it into a daily hour or 2 hour episode.
not just watching boring stuff like eating, talking, dancing.
there needs to be daily episodes.
because if a fight or anything happens and you happen to be at work or out doing something, you have missed it!!
naija reality shows need a lot of work.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by r231(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2009
love-vendor MY RIDE, 9ja version, lol
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
r231:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
that show would have to go on for 20 seasons because there are so many cars that need work.

isnt west africa's next top model suppose to be on now (well they say west africa but its really only nigerians in it. the auditions were held only in nigeria, so i suppose its only nigerians. they might as well call it nigeria's next top model.
ghana had their own but i think after two seasons it got canceled. sad )

WEST AFRICA'S (NIGERIA'S) NEXT TOP MODEL NEEDS TO COME ON ALREADY!!
i bet it would get more views than the koko mansion and the concept would be a lot better.
and people would watch just to see oluchi host it, man i love that girl!!
WEST AFRICA'S (NIGERIA'S) NEXT TOP MODEL, HURRY UP ALREADY!!!! IVE BEEN WAITING MORE THAN 5 MONTHS.
also NNENNA FROM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL SEASON 6, AND AMINAT FROM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL SEASON 12 I THINK, CAN MAKE A GUEST APPEARENCE OR GUEST JUDGE. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by r231(m): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
that show would have to go on for 20 seasons because there are so many cars that need work.

isnt west africa's next top model suppose to be on now (well they say west africa but its really only nigerians in it. the auditions were held only in nigeria, so i suppose its only nigerians. they might as well call it nigeria's next top model.
ghana had their own but i think after two seasons it got canceled. sad )

WEST AFRICA'S (NIGERIA'S) NEXT TOP MODEL NEEDS TO COME ON ALREADY!!
i bet it would get more views than the koko mansion and the concept would be a lot better.
and people would watch just to see oluchi host it, man i love that girl!!
WEST AFRICA'S (NIGERIA'S) NEXT TOP MODEL, HURRY UP ALREADY!!!! IVE BEEN WAITING MORE THAN 5 MONTHS.
also NNENNA FROM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL SEASON 6, AND AMINAT FROM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL SEASON 12 I THINK, CAN MAKE A GUEST APPEARENCE OR GUEST JUDGE. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That's why they need to do love-vendor ma ride in 9ja cus dey don't have to look far b4 dey see d cars dat dey r going to love-vendor, it will be fun doh but the POT HOLES will show d cars pepper, lol
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by bawomolo(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2009
r231:

a must watch grin
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by rasputinn(m): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2009
None
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by SeanT21(f): 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
Nigeria Has Talent

Real Housewives Of Abuja

Real World:Lagos

Clean House
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by r231(m): 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2009
OH YEA, FEAR FACTOR let 9ja pple eat some worms and stuff for money
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2009
r231:

OH YEA, FEAR FACTOR let 9ja pple eat some worms and stuff for money
WOW!! IM LOVING ALL THESE IDEAS FROM YOU PEOPLE.
IM GLAD I JOINED THIS FORUM, SOME OF YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!! LOL

SeanT21:

Nigeria Has Talent

Real Housewives Of Abuja

Real World:Lagos

Clean House

REAL HOUSWIVES OF LAGOS/ABUJA/PORT HARCOURT/ENUGU/IBADAN/KANO/ONITSHA/CALABAR/JOS?/WARRI/BENIN CITY,

IM LOVING THE IDEA ALREADY. HAHAHAHAHA

THERE ARE SOME SHOWS I THINK IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR NIGERIA TO COPY FROM THE WESTERN WORLD BUT NOT ALL!!
THE ONES LIKE FLAVOR OF LOVE/ROCK OR LOVE/REAL AND CHANCE OF LOVE CAN STAY IN AMERICA!! LOL
NO NEED TO BRING THOSE KIND TO NIGERIA.

IS IT ME, OR WHO ELSE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR WEST AFRICA'S (NIGERIA'S) NEXT TOP MODEL?
I HAVE BEEN DYING TO SEE THAT SHOW!! MAYBE THEY CANCELED PRODUCTION OR WHAT? ITS BEEN ALMOST 6 MONTHS NOW.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by r231(m): 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

WOW!! IM LOVING ALL THESE IDEAS FROM YOU PEOPLE.
IM GLAD I JOINED THIS FORUM, SOME OF YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!! LOL

REAL HOUSWIVES OF LAGOS/ABUJA/PORT HARCOURT/ENUGU/IBADAN/KANO/ONITSHA/CALABAR/JOS?/WARRI/BENIN CITY,

IM LOVING THE IDEA ALREADY. HAHAHAHAHA

THERE ARE SOME SHOWS I THINK IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR NIGERIA TO COPY FROM THE WESTERN WORLD BUT NOT ALL!!
[b]THE ONES LIKE FLAVOR OF LOVE/[/b]ROCK OR LOVE/REAL AND CHANCE OF LOVE CAN STAY IN AMERICA!! LOL
NO NEED TO BRING THOSE KIND TO NIGERIA.

IS IT ME, OR WHO ELSE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR WEST AFRICA'S (NIGERIA'S) NEXT TOP MODEL?
I HAVE BEEN DYING TO SEE THAT SHOW!! MAYBE THEY CANCELED PRODUCTION OR WHAT? ITS BEEN ALMOST 6 MONTHS NOW.

D'Banj just finished dat.KOKO MANSION, lil bit but not really like FLAVOR OF LOVE LOL
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2009
r231:

D'Banj just finished dat.KOKO MANSION, lil bit but not really like FLAVOR OF LOVE LOL

no people were saying they wanted to see something like flavor of love or the real flavor of love.
and i was saying/thinking, NO, those kinds of shows can stay in america.
koko mansion was okay because THANK GOD it was nothing like flavor of love.
not even close.

what other good reality shows can naija have?
anyone else?
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2009
we can possibly have charm school for all the kokoletes, and then rita shall win. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hahahahaha.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by r231(m): 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

we can possibly have charm school for all the kokoletes, and then rita shall win. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hahahahaha.

hahahahahahahahahaha

I have another 1 for u WIFE SWAP and NANNY 911, LOL
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2009
r231:

hahahahahahahahahaha

I have another 1 for u WIFE SWAP and NANNY 911, LOL
NANNY 911? NAH, THATS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

BUT WIFE SWAP? OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

i love that show.
that would be hilarious to see naija moms trading placing with a family for 2 weeks. lol
thats a great idea.

also i was thinking what about something like project runway?
nah i dont think thats too much of a good idea.

or the biggest loser? a lot of fat people in naija now. hehehehehe
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by SeanT21(f): 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2009
Wife Swap will be awesome.

Project Runway

True Life
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2009
TRUE LIFE IS GOOD.

but i dont know about it being in naija. undecided undecided undecided

but im still waiting for WEST AFRICA'S (NIGERIA'S) NEXT TOP MODEL.

if you go to their website auditions were held i believe earlier this year or late last year.
its been soooooo long. maybe something happend or oluchi got busy or idk.
but that would probably be the hottest show to come out of naija.
people will be saying "koko mansion what?" lol
i want to see the mixture of all the naija babes. smiley

also another good show is
real world/road rules challenge or something like I Love Money.
idk, but a show where you do physical tasks to compete for money.
or is there already something like that in naija?
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by r231(m): 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

NANNY 911? NAH, THATS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

BUT WIFE SWAP? OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

i love that show.
that would be hilarious to see naija moms trading placing with a family for 2 weeks. lol
thats a great idea.

also i was thinking what about something like project runway?
nah i dont think thats too much of a good idea.

or the biggest loser? a lot of fat people in naija now. hehehehehe

9ja pple will find it very offensive
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2009
true.
but anyway fat has been seen as beautiful in africa for a long time.
there is no need to change that with my western values of beauty. lol

if they want to be a size 16, let them be happy!!

yeah biggest loser is a dumb idea, scratch that.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by r231(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2009
how bout married celebrities like NICK & JESSICA newly wed crap thing, maybe INI EDO and new husband reality show lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tvserieswap.com An Underratted Site Which Is As Good As 02tvseries.com / Finally The Power House Of Movies Collections Found / Watching Movies And TV Shows Online For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.