Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? (1215 Views)

"I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / Are You A Christian If You Don't Believe Every Bible Story? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by Drusilla(f): 4:58am On Nov 16, 2006
How could some one tell you were a Christian, if you did not know them?

1. Church attendance?

2. Meek Spirit?

3. Helpfulness to the poor?

4. Preaching?

5. Carrying a holy book around?

6. Others_______?
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by Alexos(m): 9:29am On Nov 17, 2006
By their fruit, we shall know them.
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by dominobaby(f): 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2006
Alexos:

By their fruit, we shall know them.

true that
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by kimba(m): 11:46pm On Nov 17, 2006
Is it SOMEONE that should tell that you are a Christian or God that should affirm that you are His Child?

NOTE:

Many people know God but God knows only a few

Yes, by their GODLY FRUITS, we shall know them.
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by chistiana(f): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2006
Tru ur way of life, the kind of friends u move with, the kind of words u speak, and so on.
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by GL(f): 11:33pm On Dec 21, 2006
by the way we love one another.
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by Orikinla(m): 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2011
Jesus Christ said that by their fruits you shall know them.
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by God2man(m): 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2011
If somebody mistakenly give you an extra money above the actual amount, you returned the extra amount. If you see an opportunity to defraud others,but you decline. If you are terribly provoked and you just keep calm and smile. If your fiancee or fiance dump you and you forgive him or her by attending the wedding or by sending a gift to him or her. If you see a novice and you try to help the person with humilty and kindness. If you see a brother in need and you try the best you can to assist him. If you get to the office very late, and on your register, you write the exact time you arrive the office,not changing it. If you are concerned about evangelism and soulwinning. If you are a bible addict and prayer addict. The list is endless. It is by the Grace of God that we can fufill all the above. It is not easy to be a christian. Infact,it is hard. May God help us. God bless you. God2man.
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 11, 2011
By thier conduct and thier way of life
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by harakiri(m): 8:36am On Oct 11, 2011
It's easily to tell who a christian is when he/she preaches one thing and does another thing entirely (most times,they do exactly what they preach against ALL the time). They are ready to live their blood relations dying and stranded in the hospital if that will threaten their payment of tithes (someone has gone as far as opening a thread because of that issue).
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2012
reply:

Jesus Christ said that by their FRUITS you shall know them.
This would be useful to me: emphasize on 'their fruits'¿
People often mistake me for a muslim (really look like a Fulani), think 'tll help cause doing nothing about it makes me feel like am denying Jesus.
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by Goshen360(m): 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
By being a "Living Epistle". Meaning your life, talk, actions should tell people you are a Christian, it should speak Christ because Christians are named after Christ.
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by tpia5: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2012
I think most people would at the very least not be surprised to learn i'm a christian.

The shock is when i dont act christian.
Re: How Could Someone Tell That You Are A Christian, If You Did Not Tell Them? by rabbinisha: 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
you know they say wat you say defines who you r and your characters.so I can tell even with out telling me

(1) (Reply)

Is December 25th The Day Of Christ's Birth? / Words Of Jesus Vs Words Of Mohammed. / The Modern Satanists Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.