Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Oau Has Done It Again! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Oau Has Done It Again! (1514 Views)

OAU: New Man Movement Set To Host Writing Contest In Honour Of Oba Adedokun A. / Food For Thought :poor State Of Oau Toilets And Possible Solutions / Oau Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oau Has Done It Again! by Govvy(m): 8:58am On Apr 26, 2016
On the 25th April, 2016, an Obafemi Awolowo University student, Abegunde Sunday Olaoluwa known on campus as 'Speaking Pen' was announced winner of the "WORLD UNION OF POETS PRIZE 2016":

President of the Jury, Dr. Jernail Singh Anand, (W.U.P. Ambassador to the world – W.U.P. General manager and President of jury) in agreement with all the Honourable Members of the jury, undersigned Knight Silvano Bortolazzi Founding President and World President of the World Union of Poets, proclaim winners:

1) ABEGUNDE SUNDAY OLAOLUWA (WINNER OF THE "WORLD UNION OF POETS PRIZE 2016)
----
2) REENA PRASAD (2° PLACE);
3) MARIBELLA GENOVA (3° PLACE);
4) CAROLINE NAZARENO - GABIS (4° PLACE);
5) DEEPA CHANDRAN RAM

The honorable members of the jury:
Dr. Jernail Singh Anand, W.U.P. Ambassador to the world – W.U.P. General manager and President of jury from India
Dr. Maria Miraglia, W.U.P. International Director and Member of the Jury from Italy
Dr. Roghayeh Farsi, W.U.P. International Director and Member of the Jury from Iran
Dr. George Onsy, W.U.P. International Director and Member of the Jury from Egypt
Dr. Muhammad Shanazar, W.U.P. International Director and Member of the Jury from Pakistan
Mr. Ashok K. Bhargava, W.U.P. International Director and Member of the Jury from Canada

Sunday, a part 3 student of Estate Management department dedicated this international poetry Prize to his father who kicked the bucket on 1st March, 2016.
I

Re: Oau Has Done It Again! by Segunj8(m): 9:20am On Apr 26, 2016
Nice 1, well done Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Oau Has Done It Again! by Dammytrager(m): 9:21am On Apr 26, 2016
Proud of you!
Proud of Great ife!
Re: Oau Has Done It Again! by Temicare(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2016
SpeakingPen!!!..this are the words of tM himself..I notice u,i feel u,i recognise u,i salute u,I respect u,i congratulate u brother...for this great achievement,u are indeed great guy...more greatness on the way...pls keep it up.. so that I can always say this about u..Omo Ekiti rere...proudly Ekiti!,Proudly Great Ife!
#tM
Re: Oau Has Done It Again! by Bluette(f): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
This shld make front page o. Lalasticlacla pls do d needful. Thank God. Proudly Oau. Oba awon university! I pray more Nigerians will shine home and abroad ijn.
Re: Oau Has Done It Again! by rodhy(f): 10:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
I rep great Ife lalasticlala food don come o
Re: Oau Has Done It Again! by Govvy(m): 3:54pm On May 06, 2016
AGAIN, OAU STUDENT LICKS THE HONEY OF LITERATURE
From Olaniyi Abdulwaheed, Osogbo

A three hundred level estate management student of the Obafemi Awolowo University emerged the winner of the World Union of Poets Prize 2016. Mr. Abegunde Sunday Olaoluwa, twenty three years, was announced the winner of WUP Prize 2016 on 25th April, this year.

World Union of Poets Prize is an annual poetry contest organized to promote literature in India. Although, the contest is meant for India based poet, it still gives room for entries from the nook and cranny of the world. Perhaps, this gave Abegunde Sunday the opportunity to increase the strength of his profile in the literary world, with his poem “Joy of War.”

While speaking with PENMIND, Abegunde Sunday Olaoluwa, popularly known as “Speaking Pen,” expressed his gratitude to God for making him emerged the winner of the WUP prize 20116.

“Ah! My heart almost jumped out through my throat foy joy. I was actually with a friend, Adeleye Tolu, relaxing when I got notified. It’s amazing how the news trended pretty fast on OAU campus and before I could say Jack Robinson, this flooded other campus blogs, websites and other media platforms. Glory to God.”

Abegunde Sunday also commended the juries for their fairness. He claimed that his poem is good but juries are better and God is the best. He then maintained his opinion on his award winning poem, “Joy of War,” described its meaning lucidly laced on the surface of the poem.

“I actually had a vivid imagination of war and painted my view using poetry devices as my painting brushes. I consciously have some things locked deep down the soul of my poem “The Joy of War” and I am happy at the brilliancy of the juries to decode them while messages are left to float lucidly on the surface. The poem is good, the judges are better and God is best!”

While felicitating, Adeleye Tolu who is a lover of arts, gave kudos to Abegunde Sunday for being a word weaver. He described him as a passionate poet who should also be rewarded.
“I congratulate my friend on his victory. We share the success together. He is so passionate, committed to poetry and I’m not surprised that he won WUP Prize 2016,” he said.

As Abegunde Sunday emerged the winner of the World Union of Poets Prize 2016, Reena Prasad, was the second, Maribella Geneva third, Caroline Nazareno –Gabis fourth. While member of the jury are: Dr. Jernail Singh Anand, general manager and president of jury from India; Dr. Maria Miraglia, International Director and President of jury from Italy. Other members of the jury came from different parts of the world like Iran, Egypt, Pakistan as well as Canada.

Spread the word
Spread the victory
Don't fail to re-share/ re-broadcast this.

We ❤ OAU

(1) (Reply)

SEDUCED (18+) Part 1 / Nairaland Literature Nomination Thread / Top 5 Money Books By Nigerian Writers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.