Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. (61124 Views)

How Many Of Us Remember This Quote / Do You Remember This, If You Do What's It Called(pics) / Throwback Thursday; Does Anyone Remember This Network? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by Moz22: 4:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
But its not so much of a very long time naa..

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by DonTim1: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:
7up the difference is clear.

grin

I remember those days in Festac town we gathered at 512road junction to watch Fido Dido on a big screen doing his thing.

good memories!

lalasticlala, dem never born you that time na! grin

really, i was there, i remember trekking with my bro to go see fido dido, infact after i saw it i kept drawing fido dido on my exercise book.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by amuokuko: 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
lalasticlala:

We called it 'Alika' 7up

Negodu nwoke onye Igbo behaving like Awolowo...

Lalasticlala nwanne mmadu, hope u don marry or do we start looking for a wife for you
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by naptu2: 4:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
Funnystar:
7up .......
The Difference is clear!
7up nairamaina
7up Express winning numbers

7up carry swag those days oooo

You could win a Daewoo Espero in one of those competitions. There was also a game show hosted by Patrick Oke.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by Pataki: 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
Fido dido.....you would dread to be nicknamed Fido dido back then, because it simply means you are skinny. grin

7up, Crush, Pepsi, Limca, etc.....everywhere you would be looking for ''cantas'' all because you want to win a Racer Daewoo car. grin Sometimes when my parents have guests, we would run to ''fireman's'' house to buy 7up and crush. It was always a fight between me and my brother as to who will open the 7up bottle all because of that ''cantas.'' cheesy cheesy

Good ol'days! cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by wristbangle: 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
princesamuel5:

So you aren't a robot afterall.

Lol where did u all get this info that he is a robot?
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by Beremx(f): 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
uche87:

You still live in Festac?
nope
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by HaneefahRN(f): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
Haba, I'm not ready to marry jo tongue. I don't think it was so long ago
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by Taiwo20(m): 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
asumo12:
I just remembered now tomorrow will be exactly 6 years a plantain chips seller ran away with my change in traffic cry cry cry

Hmmm...that woman.. embarassed

l just weak......smh

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by Segadem(m): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
asumo12:
I just remembered now tomorrow will be exactly 6 years a plantain chips seller ran away with my change in traffic cry cry cry

[size=14pt]Oga don't kill person with laughter here, I laugh so o te piss nearly comot from my pencil grin[/size]

3 Likes

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by naptu2: 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
7up's Fido Dido advert from the 1990s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c__yf0j1oI

7up's Pacman advert from the 1980s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C022nRMl9vM

3 Likes

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
lestat:

I can assure that was not in the East either, maybe it was on his Street in Ajengunle that they called it that undecided

We the occupants of Ajegunle streets have never heard of such name being used in place of 7up...maybe those in Lekki area have heard of it

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by ipreach: 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
am looking for money marry ooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by unitysheart(m): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:

grin

I remember those days in Festac town we gathered at 512road junction to watch Fido Dido on a big screen doing his thing.

good memories!

Chai. I don old for house
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by Lawmosh(m): 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
MadCow1:
Thank God I am married.. grin
Can't believe you are married. So as old as you are u never get sense? I used to think that u are a secondary school tout since when I have been seeing ur posts on Nairaland. MAY GOD DELIVER YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by asumo12: 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
cheezy4whizy:
eyah e really pain u.. dooh

Yes embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by softvio(m): 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
asumo12:

hahahahaha funny bro

3 Likes

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by ogunyemifot(m): 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
Mehn!!!
I guess I am over due for marriage o.....
God please help me.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by deanoffaculty: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
pixtuk:
Due for marriage? Please when was it stopped dat will make me "due for marriage"
Don't mind me jooo! I was just trying to calculate it from the year of first appearance(1985) till date....that's almost 31years ago.
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by deanoffaculty: 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
ogunyemifot:
Mehn!!!
I guess I am over due for marriage o.....
God please help me.
grin grin
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by deanoffaculty: 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
naptu2:
7up's Fido Dido advert from the 1990s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c__yf0j1oI

7up's Pacman advert from the 1980s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C022nRMl9vM
Nice one!!!
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by MadCow1: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lawmosh:
Can't believe you are married. So as old as you are u never get sense? I used to think that u are a secondary school tout since when I have been seeing ur posts on Nairaland. MAY GOD DELIVER YOU.

Another one has come to be noticed..

Okay, I have seen you..

Kontinu.
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by deanoffaculty: 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2016
ipreach:
am looking for money marry ooooooooooooo
What are friends for? Manage this token grin grin

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by onufidel(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
Ofcourse. My name is Fidel and my hair used to be as long as Fido's own. The good old old days ... Too bad we dont have 7up over here in this region.
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by DonBobes(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:

grin

good memories!

Chei e b lik say u old lik me b dat o, I remember ds advert well well. I remembered bk den i was staying wit my nanny & schooling den. We came bk wit our results & so i came tops in class den my nannies old daughter saw our results & sed "hmm, d difference is clear lik 7up"
Gud tyms though. Nw i b old rusty bones.
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by wintersnow(m): 5:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Where the fck is
Crest
Water tonic
Merinda

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by deanoffaculty: 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
Pataki:
Fido dido.....you would dread to be nicknamed Fido dido back then, because it simply means you are skinny. grin

7up, Crush, Pepsi, Limca, etc.....everywhere you would be looking for ''cantas'' all because you want to win a Racer Daewoo car. grin Sometimes when my parents have guests, we would run to ''fireman's'' house to buy 7up and crush. It was always a fight between me and my brother as to who will open the 7up bottle all because of that ''cantas.'' cheesy cheesy

Good ol'days! cheesy
Also Vinto, Goldspot(the zing thing), Pale soda, Fanta(Ginger Ale),etc grin grin grin.
Those days was fun.
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by deanoffaculty: 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
wintersnow:
Where the fck is
Krest
Water tonic
Mirinda
Mirinda too don old ooo. Krest with green bottle. grin grin
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by deanoffaculty: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
naptu2:

You could win a Daewoo Espero in one of those competitions. There was also a game show hosted by Patrick Oke.
Yes oooo! I just dey remember sef...thanks bro!
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by Tex42(m): 5:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
lalasticlala:

We called it 'Alika' 7up
we called it "thin-thin"
Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
Linqsz:

We the occupants of Ajegunle streets have never heard of such name being used in place of 7up...maybe those in Lekki area have heard of it

Oya Lekki residents over to you!! Are you the ones that gave 7up such razz nickname? angry

1 Like

Re: If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. by deanoffaculty: 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
asumo12:

grin grin grin how much did you give her?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) / I Saw Man Hawk Huge Python On My Way Back From Work / Photos Of 10-Foot Python Killed In My Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.