Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver (25734 Views)

Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? / Pictures Of A Taxi Driver With No Legs Spotted In Lagos By A Nairalander / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by Crystal70200: 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
History books recorded that Funmilayo Ransom-Kuti, a political campaigner, women's activist and the mother of the legendary musician, Fela Kuti, was the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria.

Today, while some women are afraid of the car steering, others have decided to earn a living in the male-dominated field of taxi drivers. One of such ladies is Delta state born Susan Asakpa.

"I studied Accounting at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I worked in a hotel for about three years. There was nothing new anymore, no
challenge and the salary was stagnant. Later on, my boss called me up and told me that he will be reducing my salary by N10,000. I was
surprised."

"Before then, I have been thinking about what business I can do. I had three business ideas (hair dressing, food and taxi business). I prayed
about them after which I chose this one," the young lady continued.

"I spoke with my dad who happens to be my closest confidant and he quickly got a loan from the bank and bought me this car. He has been so supportive, not a single word of discouragement," she said.

Source: specials.naij.com/female-taxidriver

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by 2best(m): 2:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
What a woman.#ClassicChick

20 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by tyson99(m): 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
sharp woman no time and e beta pass olosho

35 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by oglalasioux(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
I love her courage.

19 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by jarrot(m): 2:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
God bless your hustle!

Don't mind the dumb ones opening thread about dating a broke guy, can't you see

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by DaBullIT(m): 7:07am On Apr 28, 2016
Always do what you love

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by odiereke(m): 7:07am On Apr 28, 2016
She is awesome and cute with her job.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 28, 2016
[size=15pt] where are those female gold-diggers?
Com and see your fellow woman making her own money and not depending one Tunde or John for money for iPhone and brazilian hair that her own father cannot afford...
[/size]
Btw,listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by Freelancer007(m): 7:08am On Apr 28, 2016
Nice to hear

4 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 28, 2016
Honestly, how much will she earn with this job now
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by Stanbeto: 7:09am On Apr 28, 2016
God will Be with you weldone

6 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by fippycbk(m): 7:10am On Apr 28, 2016
This is the 3rd time this is on front page now.
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by tonquendo4u(m): 7:10am On Apr 28, 2016
Certificates doesn't pay in Nigeria.Hustle does

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by Agbalanze(m): 7:10am On Apr 28, 2016
I like her spirit.. kudos to her dad!!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by SafetyFirst(m): 7:11am On Apr 28, 2016
Baba God pass them.
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by ShutdownBrown24(m): 7:11am On Apr 28, 2016
Lol
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by sageer1706(m): 7:12am On Apr 28, 2016
This is awesome, unlike some useless gals who jump into prostitution and the nxt tin u will hear from dem is, "na nija push us into prostitution"

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by presh2mos: 7:12am On Apr 28, 2016
Love her courage, unlike so many wailing and laying alll sought of abuses on govt for not provdinging them with jobs

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by chukslawrence(m): 7:14am On Apr 28, 2016
K
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by Somebodysproduct: 7:14am On Apr 28, 2016
HOT PREMIERE : Olamide ft Zeezny – Who You Epp (Remix) http://naijatuale.net/2016/04/27/hot-premiere-olamide-ft-zeezny-who-you-epp-remix/

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by wallex1983(m): 7:18am On Apr 28, 2016
When your passion drives you, you enjoy it no matter what, if and you make the gains.

Sometimes, if you look at the kind of formal jobs we get as educated ones, how much do we really take home? I've seen masters degree holders teaching in secondary schools and earning 40k a month. That's even less than 2k a day.

I'm sure this taxi driver would make jot less than 3k a day

5 Likes

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by M4gunners: 7:19am On Apr 28, 2016
I'm proud of you my State Sister. That is why they call us "the big heart of the nation"
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by lakamua: 7:20am On Apr 28, 2016
2best:
What a woman.#ClassicChick
must u comment?
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 28, 2016
The gold diggers ain't saying anything

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by lakamua: 7:22am On Apr 28, 2016
tonquendo4u:
Certificates doesn't pay in Nigeria.Hustle does
hustle no pay anything. Stealing pays

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by CharlieMaria(m): 7:24am On Apr 28, 2016
I will consider Okada, so i can be in news.
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by PrinceAfo911(m): 7:24am On Apr 28, 2016
She's courageous.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by superstr: 7:25am On Apr 28, 2016
Anybody can do whatever they like, but is easier said than done.

Read starting a business or getting a job: 08 powerful strategies to make your career choice.

On www.careerlinko.com

my 50 cents.
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by banme1(m): 7:25am On Apr 28, 2016
NL female gold diggers won't like this topic. Post boyfriend acquire latest range rover for his babe. U will see them flooding the topic like flocks of bird going on migration

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by Raalsalghul: 7:26am On Apr 28, 2016
Aunty, God bless your hustle.
Re: Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver by 4C2215131: 7:26am On Apr 28, 2016
Now, tell me, does one expect a lady of this philosophical orientation to be begging for recharge card and whatnot from some chap?

Don't think so!

Ladies like this inspire their men to greatness, displaying proper examples of professional conduct though I agree that some chaps are beyond redemption. In fact, they see such a lady as an ATM machine. I doubt though that this lady will succumb to such as being a taxi driver seem to imbue one with a hardened and mercantile outlook on life.

The above holds true if she's not foolishly in love with some loser. Love, it makes one do crazy and stupid things.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Money Habits And How To Break Them / Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors / Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.