Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? (2523 Views)

I Want To Buy A Car But I Dont Know How To Go About It, Please Help / Women Can't Drive Because They 'have A Quarter Of A Brain', Saudi Sheikh Says / This Honda Urban EV Concept Car Looks Like An Old Car, But Inside Is Heavenly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
Just got my car ,Honda babyboy, after all my hustle. I finally said I shud get all the papers only to be told that my driver's licence won't be issued to me until after 26 days. Now I have to wait for that long before I can drive my car. Am so pissed off! At times I feel like taking it out and if they stop me I will pull a F1 on them!

Imagine waking up and still have to goto bustop to board a bus to work cos I can't drive my car. Right now I can't find a way to navigate to my workplace without passing at least 2 checkpoints.

Any advise for me. Who else dey feel my pain?? And what are the possible dangers of driving without a licence

Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
Where in the picture are u? grin

And congratulations on the ride.

Policy no longer the same because a new sheriff is in town
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Dyt(f): 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
Deep sigh

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by tutuwater(m): 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
The thing dey sweet you shey.
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by vani86: 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
when you knew you were getting a car, why did you not start applying for a drivers license,

i am tagging you a wailer jorrrr.

jump okada for 26 days grin grin grin grin
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by homeboy205: 3:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
That's a lie man, you should have some paper work when processing the license before capturing, those paperwork can drive you around town with no police arasing you. Immediately after capturing, you will get a temporary which can be use to
Drive around town as well...

Fear what you don't know though

3 Likes

Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
They usually issue a temporary license till the Permanent one is ready. Every JJC knows this. So, go and re-cook your story

5 Likes

Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
homeboy205:
That's a lie man, you should have some paper work when processing the license before capturing, those paperwork can drive you around town with no police arasing you. Immediately after capturing, you will get a temporary which can be use to

U clearly aren't abreast with the latest when it comes to drivers licence. Please ask others around who are applying for it the first time before u accuse me of anything. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2016
MissMercedes:
They usually issue a temporary license till the Permanent one is ready. Every JJC knows this. So, go and re-cook your story

Now u can only get the temporary after 26days. Meanwhile u r expected to be coming to a driving school to learn how to drive even though u know how to...ask anyone who knows about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
tutuwater:
The thing dey sweet you shey.

Lolzzzzz....edey sweet me ooo. Have come a long way bro. Not easy!!
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
bizie:

Now u can only get the temporary after 26days. Meanwhile u r expected to be coming to a driving school to learn how to drive even though u know how to...ask anyone who knows about it.

Where on earth did you get yours? I went to Alaka, I got my temporary license in less than 2hrs, and I got my permanent license the following month.
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
bizie:
Just got my car ,Honda babyboy, after all my hustle. I finally said I shud get all the papers only to be told that my driver's licence won't be issued to me until after 26 days. Now I have to wait for that long before I can drive my car. Am so pissed off! At times I feel like taking it out and if they stop me I will pull a F1 on them!

Imagine waking up and still have to goto bustop to board a bus to work cos I can't drive my car. Right now I can't find a way to navigate to my workplace without passing at least 2 checkpoints.

Any advise for me. Who else dey feel my pain?? And what are the possible dangers of driving without a licence

Contact 08023138853 you will get a genuine drivers license in less than 26days.
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by pattybf(f): 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
congrats on ur new car!
u don't ve to wait until after 26days before cruising wt ur ride!
let's talk on whatsapp.
thanks @Gazzuzz!
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by titosantana(m): 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
Congrats OP, I understand how you feel. Felt that way when I bought my first car. It was as though I should be driving it every now and then.

And as for the police checking your particulars - when your get to their stand just smile at them and hand them N200, what you hear next is "carry go".
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
bizie:

You are very right with your finding. That is what the new procedure requires to process a fresh driver's license. Minimum of 26days. But if you are so much in a hurry to drive your new ride, then your genuine license can be gotten in just a few days but be ready to pay a bit higher than usual. Congratulations on your new ride.

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Lovelynature(m): 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
homeboy205:

MissMercedes:
I think you guys don't get what the op is saying. I read somewhere, this is the new policy presently for freshers. They have to go for driving school for 26 days even if they know how to drive before and come alone with their paper before having the temporary driver's license issued to them first.
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 27, 2016
Lovelynature:
I think you guys don't get what the op is saying. I read somewhere, this is the new policy presently for freshers. They have to go for driving school for 26 days even if they know how to drive before and come alone with their paper before having the temporary driver's license issued to them first.

You are so right. Nothing can be gotten till after the 26days of training with this new procedure. But note dat nothing is actually impossible especially when our great country is concerned. The big question is how many people are willing and patient to follow this process? Most people are busy waiting for a short cut.

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Lovelynature(m): 7:25am On Apr 27, 2016
achalugonata:

You are so right. Nothing can be gotten till after the 26days of training with this new procedure. But note dat nothing is actually impossible especially when our great country is concerned. The big question is how many people are willing and patient to follow this process? Most people are busy waiting for a short cut.
Oh yes dear. Nigerians can be very impatient in some matters as this. And most people go through the shortcut, perhaps to avoid spending much as the new process probably require double payments for both training and capturing.
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Lovelynature(m): 7:27am On Apr 27, 2016
MissMercedes:

Where on earth did you get yours? I went to Alaka, I got my temporary license in less than 2hrs, and I got my permanent license the following month.
When was that ma'am?
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
achalugonata:

You are very right with your finding. That is what the new procedure requires to process a fresh driver's license. Minimum of 26days. But if you are so much in a hurry to drive your new ride, then your genuine license can be gotten in just a few days but be ready to pay a bit higher than usual. Congratulations on your new ride.

Thanks a lot. At least I've seen one person who is current.
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
bizie:

Thanks a lot. At least I've seen one person who is current.

You are welcome. If you need any more information with regard to getting your genuine fresh driver's license then contact me through my contact on my signature.
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Lexusgs430: 2:57am On Apr 28, 2016
bizie:

Let me come pick up your Honda, help you cruise it(some people call it test driving). In the intervening period, I would constantly update you and give you my user experience!!!
Are you game?

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Let me come pick up your Honda, help you cruise it(some people call it test driving). In the intervening period, I would constantly update you and give you my user experience!!!
Are you game?

U want me to orubebe u?? Lolzz
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Lexusgs430: 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
bizie:

U want me to orubebe u?? Lolzz
Only if you allow me Jega you afterwards!!! LOL
Re: Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? by Originalsly: 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Op.... be patient and go thru the process. You would learn a lot that can help save your own life and the lives of others.

(1) (Reply)

Give Away! New Suzuki Mini-bus For Sale @950k, / Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model / Meet The $3m Ferrari Supercar - By Invitation Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.