Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. (71816 Views)

Nigerian Man Narrates How His Daughter Chose Him During Custody Battle / Two Female Deeper Life Members Battle Over Man / A Surrogate Mother Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
Na wa o, I'm supposed to compare using of drugs to hömosexuality now? Wow! Just wow!
Why not? It all falls under 'right', right?

You do know what is meant by fundamental human rights, yea?
Oh no don't understand what is meant by fundamental human right, please, do me the privilege of explaining to me what fundamental human right is.

Thank you, as I wait your astute response.

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Yes with time comes change, but that change can be accepted or rejected.

Freedom of association to me also translate to having the right to associate with minors, even abusing a minor, after all, that's what the context of 'freedom' really mean. The right to do whatever you want. That's why we have punitive measures to prevent the over use of ones right.

Well that's for her to know, since I can't read minds, but however, her decision, is her decision, and who says because a woman is feminist, doesn't mean she want more than one husband, its her choice, its her right to choose whether to marry more than two men, but what's stopping her? The law.

You tell me, I believe you watched the videos and saw the news...

What are you harping about? Social contract applies in bigamy and doesn't apply to homosexuality? How skewed does that sound? What makes it okay for a man to marry a man, and what makes it not okay for a man to marry more than one woman?

Its also a person's right to associate with more than two women, just like its a man's right to associate
with another man. You're sounding very very bias I must tell you!.

JAye! Just like people can be born polygamist or choose to be polygamist, the fact that you may not understand or have have not understood it, doesn't/shoudn't make it criminal.
Go abuse a minor and tell the courts, freedom of association means 'doing whatever you like'. How does this even make sense to you?

And I already explained to you, why you can't marry more than one partner, such marriages can prove difficult for the law to handle, should the need arise, therefore it is safer for everyone to meet at a common ground, which is considered fair.

I don't know what videos you are referring to, but I do know that it is a crime to beat people up.

While it it her decision to want to marry one or more men, she cannot, because such decisions can't be proven not to stem from religion/morality and I have told you that, some policies go beyond simple moral reasons.

It is not in the least bit skewed because the law on bigamy doesn't discriminate against anyone, gay people can also commit bigamy and the face the law if they do.

What makes it okay for a man to marry a man, is that two people are involved in the marriage, the law recognises a marriage between two people and in bigamy, more than two people are involved, this can pose as a problem to the law, hence it is criminalised.

You are the bias one for not recognising that, that two is different from three or more.

Of course anybody can be polygamous but because it is safer to be monogamous, social contrast is applied. Pray tell, what harm does hömosexuality cause to a society?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 9:16am On Apr 28, 2016
armyofone:
Haven't you seen pictures of new babies in the toilet, gutter, trash etc here on NL?
Wouldn't it be nice for a gay to adopt them?

It is better for even an animal, like a chimp to save a dying Infant who has been abandoned than allow it to die. But it will never make it right for gays to bring up children. Raising them up with the belief that it is all right to violate and erupt their poo passage that plays host to a thousand infectious bacteria. This is madness and perversion alert!

armyofone:

You know, there are worst things going on in our society that we should be worried about than the personal lives of two consenting adults.
I miss her post too. I'm sure she is fine but busy.

That's what they've succeeded in having you believe that homosexuality is personal.This is false. Homosexuality is a societal ill.

So we should turn a blind eye on the evil called homosexuality because it happens that it doesn't top the list of the world deadliest malignancy? Are you suggesting we abandon kidnapping because it's not outright cold blooded murder?

You can spring up just about any lazy excuse to endorse homosexuality, but medical statistics is against you. Nature is against you, and the very courtship antecedents of homosexuals is against you. There is no sound footing for the endorsement of homosexuality other than the same evil sermon Satan has always used to enslave man - FREEDOM!

3 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 9:22am On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Why not? It all falls under 'right', right?

Oh no don't understand what is meant by fundamental human right, please, do me the privilege of explaining to me what fundamental human right is.

Thank you, as I wait your astute response.
No, I can't compare both because it is not your fundamental right to smoke a controlled substance but it is, to choose a consenting adult, to sleep with.

I see sarcasm is your strong suit, it will be in your best interest to read up on the matter.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by luvablesam(m): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2016
I just find some people's inferiority complex extreme. They take every damn thing the white man says as being right since they too dumb to have ideas of their own....Now it is LGBT...Being gay or transgender is cool cos its the white man's idea. Polygamy like Africans have practiced for centuries is evil,bad,dehumanizing cos oyinbo says so.

How d hell will two men raise a girl?,besides the surrogate was hoodwinked into accepting the offer in the first place.

My dear 'Westernised' Nigerian,its time to breakout of the shadows of calumny n stand by what is morally right.

Father,Mother n Children (family) not father,father n daughter (?)

8 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2016
postmann:

Homosexuality is evil. It is anti-procreation. It is unhealthy. Statistics show homosexuals are more prone to domestic violence and child abuse (do your own research). Homosexuals
have lesser life-span than the average straight person.
My goodness,do you really have to lie this much.Please post evidence of the above here.

The simple thought that a same sex man may find me sexually attractive and might want to get down with me any chance he gets, or that I might be in a flight having such a fellow as my seat mate for hours is sheer horror.
The simple thought that an ugly supposedly heterosexual man like you finds a very beautiful lady attractive and might want to get down with her any chance you get is sheer horror.

What happens in the military when soldiers see themselves as John and Jane even in the heat of battle? What happens when you share a ship cabin with a Demented homo in the middle of the ocean or in a jail cell? Everyday male thing like stripping to boxers or sharing the public shower becomes a risk. The anus was never created for constant sexual pummelling. And that's why they'll always need artificial lubricant and still have an erupted rectum. Imagine men walking about with loosed anus and rectum. Or hitting the shit passage whenever they're having sex. It's sickening !
From your logic,gay men are predators out for every available penis they see.Last I checked Heterosexual men will continue to have the highest records of sexually harassing and molesting the opposite sex.

Also by your demented logic,anal sex is exclusive to homosexuals only.Last I checked,every single sexual act performed by homosexuals are widely practiced by their heterosexual counterparts.The fact that heterosexuals will always outnumber homosexuals by a 90 to 10 ratio further shows anal sex definitely has more practitioners in the heterosexual world.

Now, there's a difference making love with the knowledge that it'll lead to childbirth than going to "buy" one. A child raise by both men or both women will grow up with serious mental and emotional imbalances (do your research).
At times I wonder what brain some africans(Nigerians) have.If every heterosexual who have sex make love with the knowledge of childbirth don't you think they'd be responsible to plan for the future of that child,why then does the world have hundreds of millions of homeless kids.The world was not created to be perfect,if it was,we wouldn't need other people to adopt the supposed property of some heterosexuals who should give the child a supposedly serious and mental emotional balance.

I'm watching a football match. Just have to rush a reply. I remember you by the way. How's your friend?
You keep spewing do your research,you care to share those researches of yours that brought about your vile pathetic illogical arguements against same-sex parenting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
postmann:

Can you tell me any country whose laws has no religious or cultural shade in its constitution?
All Scandinavian Countries,Japan,and many other progressive and liberal countries.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Even at that, still, what is, is what is. That's why we are who we are, we're Africans!.

I tell you, should a referendum be conducted about the issue of homosexuality, it will be dead on arrival. I gave you this reason before.

The emboldened usually give way to abuse. Your right to love an individual might involve loving a child.

Same way there is absolutely no justifiable reason to criminalize polygamy in the West.

Apples and oranges are fruits aren't they?

That's why there is the law, which enforces fundamental human rights. I'm sure you know churches are being closed same as mosques. Have you heard about the bill El-Rufai plan on implementing? Ostracizing public preaching and noise making.

My dear, what is obtainable in U.S.A is not obtainable in Nigeria. The West have their ways of doing things, we have ours. Its that simple. If homosexuals here don't like it, they can move abroad. Simple.
You guys like to manipulate the truth?First I would ask you this,what does your Marital Law in Nigeria say?Am not talking about your Religious islamic marital system,the legally recognized marriage by the Nigerian State,the court system type of marriage.

What do you have there?Is it a union between two persons?What happens when one party violates this union with a third party?Does your courts approve of this?Is the new union sanctioned by the law?

I guess No is your answer.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by crackhaus: 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
it doesn't matter.

Ok then, so I guess you can understand if I don't want to entertain your "annoying" self.
Lol, carry on then...but permit me to ask some questions regarding this argument in my next quote gringrin
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
All Scandinavian Countries,Japan,and many other progressive and liberal countries.

Wrong! Go check again. I said cultural and religious. Monogamy is a Christian law adopted by all Western countries including Scandinavia and Japan. And there are countless other examples. But I'll stop at just this one. Do homosexuals suffer mental rapture too?
grin grin grin
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
No, I can't compare both because it is not your fundamental right to smoke a controlled substance but it is, to choose a consenting adult, to sleep with.
My point exactly, at the emboldened, who and who gave anybody the right to label a thing 'controlled substance?'

I see sarcasm is your strong suit, it will be in your best interest to read up on the matter.
Believe me, if and when I decide to be sarcastic, you'll know.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
My goodness,do you really have to lie this much.Please post evidence of the above here.

The simple thought that an ugly supposedly heterosexual man like you finds a very beautiful lady attractive and might want to get down with her any chance you get is sheer horror.

From your logic,gay men are predators out for every available penis they see.Last I checked Heterosexual men will continue to have the highest records of sexually harassing and molesting the opposite sex.

Also by your demented logic,anal sex is exclusive to homosexuals only.Last I checked,every single sexual act performed by homosexuals are widely practiced by their heterosexual counterparts.The fact that heterosexuals will always outnumber homosexuals by a 90 to 10 ratio further shows anal sex definitely has more practitioners in the heterosexual world.

At times I wonder what brain some africans(Nigerians) have.If every heterosexual who have sex make love with the knowledge of childbirth don't you think they'd be responsible to plan for the future of that child,why then does the world have hundreds of millions of homeless kids.The world was not created to be perfect,if it was,we wouldn't need other people to adopt the supposed property of some heterosexuals who should give the child a supposedly serious and mental emotional balance.

You keep spewing do your research,you care to share those researches of yours that brought about your vile pathetic illogical arguements against same-sex parenting.

I answered your other mention without seeing this one that portrays you as a sick pervert with a raptured brain and anus.

What happen with the pic in your DP? Looked like you were been hunted by one of the several demons that veered you off the natural path of life. You looked frightened and disturbed like someone with a loosed rectum, torned by an oversized dick, and about to shit on his pants.

You just asked for trouble!

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2016
postmann:

Wrong! Go check again. I said cultural and religious. Monogamy is a Christian law adopted by all Western countries including Scandinavia and Japan. And there are countless other examples. But I'll stop at just this one. Do homosexuals suffer mental rapture too?
grin grin grin
Are you implying Scandinavian Countries are Christian countries?You just failed there.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Are you implying Scandinavian Countries are Christian countries?You just failed there.

Since you have failed to demonstrate average comprehension abilities, you need a brain pad as well as an anus pad.
grin grin grin
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
postmann:

I answered your other mention without seeing this one that portrays you as a sick pervert with a raptured brain and anus.

What happen with the pic in your DP? Looked like you were been hunted by one of the several demons that veered you off the natural path of life. You looked frightened and disturbed like someone with a loosed rectum, turned by an oversized dick, and about to shit on his pants.

You just asked for trouble!
LOL,try again.I don't do petty childish tantrums.Counter my arguements if your mental capacity still functions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
Go abuse a minor and tell the courts, freedom of association means 'doing whatever you like'. How does this even make sense to you?
Yep, its the same thing I'm talking about, when you abuse a minor, you have the court to answer to, when you have sexual relations with your fellow man or woman, you'll still answer to the courts.

Freedom of association as meant by me, means freedom to associate with who, or whatever you like, you can choose to associate sexually with whoever you like. But when you associate with whom the courts tell you not to, you'll have to answer to the court.

And I already explained to you, why you can't marry more than one partner, such marriages can prove difficult for the law to handle, should the need arise, therefore it is safer for everyone to meet at a common ground, which is considered fair.
Its the same reason here, marrying your fellow man will prove difficult to handle as people can't assimilate why and how on earth a man will choose to marry his fellow man. So, should the need arise where a man can marry his fellow man over here, I'm sure everybody involves will meet at a common ground, which might be considered 'fair'.

I don't know what videos you are referring to, but I do know that it is a crime to beat people up.
Yes it is a crime to beat people up, that doesn't stop people being beat up does it?

While it it her decision to want to marry one or more men, she cannot, because such decisions can't be proven not to stem from religion/morality and I have told you that, some policies go beyond simple moral reasons.
I believe you've heard of polyandry
? There are some cultures which promote and encourage polyandry, now of what business is it of yours to come and tell them that their culture which have existed for years, is flawed, without giving then viable scientific reason to back up your claim.

It is not in the least bit skewed because the law on bigamy doesn't discriminate against anyone, gay people can also commit bigamy and the face the law if they do.
The law of bigamy discriminates against a man who wants to marry more than one wife, same way it discriminates against a woman who wants to marry more than one man.

What makes it okay for a man to marry a man, is that two people are involved in the marriage, the law recognises a marriage between two people and in bigamy, more than two people are involved, this can pose as a problem to the law, hence it is criminalised.
What makes it okay for a man to marry more than one woman is that three or more people are involved, with consent. The law here recognizes a marriage between a man and more than one woman, this doesn't pose any problem for the law here, hence it is not criminalized.

Your ways are your ways like I said, what gives you the right to point fingers at another man's way and say it is flawed?

You are the bias one for not recognising that, that two is different from three or more.
Two is different from three, but as long as those three decided to leave together, what business is it of yours to stop them?.

Of course anybody can be polygamous but because it is safer to be monogamous, social contrast is applied. Pray tell, what harm does hömosexuality cause to a society?
How do you know it is safer to be monogamous? Social contract is mostly applied, what harm has bigamy done to the society? Over population right? tongue

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by crackhaus: 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
freecocoa:
there is absolutely no justifiable reason to criminalise hömosexuality.
Are there justifiable reasons to criminalize polygamy? If yes, list them...

Whatever happened to your right as a human to choose whom to love?
Whatever happened to my right as a human to choose how many women I want to marry?

There is every reason to criminalise polygamy because such marriages occur mostly when the woman is young and it might be reasonably determined that exploitation and coercion are involved in polygamy, more often than free choice [s](btw, it is mostly men who marry more than one partner, so the system isn't balanced).[/s]
Most polygamous marriages occur when the woman is young? Really?
What has a woman being young got to do with it?

And then you go on to claim that exploitation and coercion is involved...so I ask you Freecocoa, who is being coerced or exploited?

Before answering that, take into account the question in my quote above, don't I have the right to marry as many women as I want?
And to do you one question better, a woman who doesn't want her husband to marry a second wife has the right to walk away or accept it, does she not?

As per the striked out bit - nobody is stopping women from marrying more than one man.

When your laws trample on people's rights, then it should be complained about.
This is absolutely true.

I guess you would then agree that the law against polygamy tramples on the rights of a man to marry more than one woman...and if a woman doesn't want her husband to marry another, she also has the right to divorce him and walk way.

Everybody wins and no one is trampling on anyone's rights, do you agree? grin

Na wa o, I'm supposed to compare using of drugs to hömosexuality now? Wow! Just wow!
No need to be wowed, it's actually a logical comparison.

A homosexual has a right to love and marry anyone as long as he/she isn't hurting anyone else.
By comparison, a cocaine addict also must have a right to use cocaine as long as he/she isn't harming anyone... Don't you agree? grin

Pray tell, what harm does polygamy cause to a society?

3 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 1:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
LOL,try again.I don't do petty childish tantrums.Counter my arguements if your mental capacity still functions.

I already did. But since your brain power has been conditioned to primarily respond to your constant need of using the restroom more frequently than a heterosexual as a result of your leaking anus, you'd always fail to comprehend when you've been intellectually served.

2 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
postmann:

Since you have failed to demonstrate average comprehension abilities, you need a brain pad as well as an anus pad.
grin grin grin
You claimed Monogamy is a christian law instituted even in Scandinavian countries that are largely atheist nations and the only countries on earth today that faced no opposition to same-sex marriage legalization.

Tell me how Christian laws crept into Scandinavian Marital Systems?

In fact,Scandinavia was fully pagan centuries before the advent of Christianity and Monogamy was the institutionalised marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Knightngale(f): 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
luvablesam:
I just find some people's inferiority complex extreme. They take every damn thing the white man says as being right since they too dumb to have ideas of their own....Now it is LGBT...Being gay or transgender is cool cos its the white man's idea. Polygamy like Africans have practiced for centuries is evil,bad,dehumanizing cos oyinbo says so.

How d hell will two men raise a girl?,besides the surrogate was hoodwinked into accepting the offer in the first place.

My dear 'Westernised' Nigerian,its time to breakout of the shadows of calumny n stand by what is morally right.

Father,Mother n Children (family) not father,father n daughter (?)
they are crazy.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
You guys like to manipulate the truth?First I would ask you this,what does your Marital Law in Nigeria say?Am not talking about your Religious islamic marital system,the legally recognized marriage by the Nigerian State,the court system type of marriage.
The truth? The truth according to whom? Who did you arrive at this truth? What parameters did you use to arrive at this truth? What are the mental assertiveness of the people who arrived at this truth?

The court system here allows a man to marry more than one wife. I've witnessed it hand in hand. The court here recognizes polygamy.

What do you have there?Is it a union between two persons?What happens when one party violates this union with a third party?Does your courts approve of this?Is the new union sanctioned by the law?

I guess No is your answer.
We have here, the union between two or more person who are, a man, and two or more women. If a man decides to violate this union with a fourth party who he is not married to, any of his wives can file for divorce, it is sanctioned by the court.

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Knightngale(f): 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:

you have the look of a blazing ass fagggot, are you one?

1 Like

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
[s]You claimed Monogamy is a christian law instituted even in Scandinavian countries that are largely atheist nations and the only countries on earth today that faced no opposition to same-sex marriage legalization.

Tell me how Christian laws crept into Scandinavian Marital Systems?

In fact,Scandinavia was fully pagan centuries before the advent of Christianity and Monogamy was the institutionalised marriage[/s].

Please go back to school. Scandinavian Countries were not monogamous from inception. It was the spread of Christianity that brought about monogamy in the whole of Europe.

You make me laugh with your shallow knowledge. Anything for the homos, I guess.

3 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
The truth? The truth according to whom? Who did you arrive at this truth? What parameters did you use to arrive at this truth? What are the mental assertiveness of the people who arrived at this truth?

The court system here allows a man to marry more than one wife. I've witnessed it hand in hand. The court here recognizes polygamy.

We have here, the union between two or more person who are, a man, and two or more women. If a man decides to violate this union with a fourth party who he is not married to, any of his wives can file for divorce, it is sanctioned by the court.
You lie man.

This is your Nigerian Marriage Act.

www.nigeria-law.org/Marriage%20Act.htm

(d) that neither of the parties to the intended marriage is married by customary law to any person other than the person with whom such marriage is proposed to be contracted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
postmann:

Please go back to school. Scandinavian Countries were not monogamous from inception. It was the spread of Christianity that brought about monogamy in the whole of Europe.

You make me laugh with your shallow knowledge. Anything for the homos, I guess.
You are indeed very clueless.No point trying to charge a dead battery cell,that my friend is what you are undecided

Bye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
You lie man.

This is your Nigerian Marriage Act.

www.nigeria-law.org/Marriage%20Act.htm

(d) that neither of the parties to the intended marriage is married by customary law to any person other than the person with whom such marriage is proposed to be contracted.

You should know in Nigeria, we have three types of marriage, christian and moslem (religious), traditional and the court, unlike the West that have just court.

So, show me where the nigerian marriage act, specially said bigamy or polygamy is a crime? Knowing fully well about the three type of marriage in Nigeria, Just like it specifically said, homosexuality is a crime.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by postmann: 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
You are indeed very clueless.No point trying to charge a dead battery cell,that my friend is what you are undecided

Bye.

I'll take that as a tacit withdrawl of a man too proud to admit his shabby intellect.
You probably thought this was some black primitive forum where you can hindi-dance your way through with your unsound mind and knowledge.

I just gave you a lecture on elementary history and law and you're too proud to say thanks.
But you'd say thanks to anyone who sends you a pack of adult diapers.
Hmmmm! Twisted freaks on the loose.

4 Likes

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by ValerianSteel(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
You should know in Nigeria, we have three types of marriage, christian and moslem (religious), traditional and the court, unlike the West that have just court.

So, show me where the nigerian marriage act, specially said bigamy or polygamy is a crime? Knowing fully well about the three type of marriage in Nigeria, Just like it specifically said, homosexuality is a crime.

You are a manipulator of the truth.

While we all know of the preference your country gives to Sharia law which allows multiple wives,the other marriages are the traditional marriage known as Customary marriage and the court marriage.

If you read the highlighted portion of my last post to you,you'll clearly see that the court marriage doesn't recognize or give credence to a customary marriage entered before or after the court marriage is instituted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Yep, its the same thing I'm talking about, when you abuse a minor, you have the court to answer to, when you have sexual relations with your fellow man or woman, you'll still answer to the courts.

Freedom of association as meant by me, means freedom to associate with who, or whatever you like, you can choose to associate sexually with whoever you like. But when you associate with whom the courts tell you not to, you'll have to answer to the court.

Its the same reason here, marrying your fellow man will prove difficult to handle as people can't assimilate why and how on earth a man will choose to marry his fellow man. So, should the need arise where a man can marry his fellow man over here, I'm sure everybody involves will meet at a common ground, which might be considered 'fair'.

Yes it is a crime to beat people up, that doesn't stop people being beat up does it?

I believe you've heard of polyandry
? There are some cultures which promote and encourage polyandry, now of what business is it of yours to come and tell them that their culture which have existed for years, is flawed, without giving then viable scientific reason to back up your claim.

The law of bigamy discriminates against a man who wants to marry more than one wife, same way it discriminates against a woman who wants to marry more than one man.

What makes it okay for a man to marry more than one woman is that three or more people are involved, with consent. The law here recognizes a marriage between a man and more than one woman, this doesn't pose any problem for the law here, hence it is not criminalized.

Your ways are your ways like I said, what gives you the right to point fingers at another man's way and say it is flawed?

Two is different from three, but as long as those three decided to leave together, what business is it of yours to stop them?.

How do you know it is safer to be monogamous? Social contract is mostly applied, what harm has bigamy done to the society? Over population right? tongue
It's not the same thing and quite frankly, I'm tired of going in circles trying to explain simple logic to you. How does abusing a minor and two consenting adults having sex compare? I know both are a crimes in Nigeria, I am only telling you that one shouldn't be.

Having freedom of association doesn't mean abusing a child, abusing a child, qualifies as a crime, because there is a "child" involved, a child cannot make decisions for himself, that is a sensible and just reason to criminalise child abuse. Or you going to ask me why a child shouldn't have the right to make decisions for himself too?

What is people's business with what two adults decide to do with their lives? If everybody over here will agree on the law being fair, why are we having this argument? Why are so many Nigerians gay?grin

People beat people up, of course, but it is nonetheless a crime , yet can be excused depending on circumstances.

Ain't no government going to India to tell them to quit polyandry anyways, neither do I see the US coming here to tell you not to marry more than one woman, and yes, they gave you good reason why you should let people be gay, you just don't want to see reason because you are blinded by so called religion/culture.

The law of bigamy discriminates against more than two people being in a marriage.

Oh! But that's the problem, there is no way it can be proven beyond every reasonable doubt, that consent wasn't influenced by religion/morality and I can't believe I have to reiterate this, some policies are beyond simple morality, this is one of such policies. The only way to be safe, is make a union between two people, so it is fair.

Hömosexuality is not about people's ways of lives or culture, if is about our humanity as a race.

There is a good reason, why it's not best for three people to be in a marriage.

Over time, it has been proven that monogamy is better and yes, polygamy has done a whole lot of damage, it will just be a waste of time, we arguing about it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
Let's Support Mimzy as Miss Nairaland, she is beautiful, intelligent and what have you.

https://www.nairaland.com/mimzy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by JoeBlocks(m): 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
You are a manipulator of the truth.

While we all know of the preference your country gives to Sharia law which allows multiple wives,the other marriages are the traditional marriage known as Customary marriage and the court marriage.

If you read the highlighted portion of my last post to you,you'll clearly see that the court marriage doesn't recognize or give credence to a customary marriage entered before or after the court marriage is instituted.

Excuse me, I'm not a manipulator of any truth, okay, amidst all the types of marriage we have in Nigeria, why did you use court marriage as a yardstick to base your premise on? Why didn't you use traditional and religious marriage? And you dare call me manipulator of the truth? Abegi bros. Chill for corner.
Re: Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. by freecocoa(f): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
crackhaus:

Are there justifiable reasons to criminalize polygamy? If yes, list them...

Whatever happened to my right as a human to choose how many women I want to marry?

Most polygamous marriages occur when the woman is young? Really?
What has a woman being young got to do with it?

And then you go on to claim that exploitation and coercion is involved...so I ask you Freecocoa, who is being coerced or exploited?

Before answering that, take into account the question in my quote above, don't I have the right to marry as many women as I want?
And to do you one question better, a woman who doesn't want her husband to marry a second wife has the right to walk away or accept it, does she not?

As per the striked out bit - nobody is stopping women from marrying more than one man.

This is absolutely true.

I guess you would then agree that the law against polygamy tramples on the rights of a man to marry more than one woman...and if a woman doesn't want her husband to marry another, she also has the right to divorce him and walk way.

Everybody wins and no one is trampling on anyone's rights, do you agree? grin

No need to be wowed, it's actually a logical comparison.

A homosexual has a right to love and marry anyone as long as he/she isn't hurting anyone else.
By comparison, a cocaine addict also must have a right to use cocaine as long as he/she isn't harming anyone... Don't you agree? grin

Pray tell, what harm does polygamy cause to a society?

In polygamy, there is cheating and cheating anyone should be a criminal offence.

Whatever makes you think it is your right to choose how many women to marry? Duh!

Being young can influence a person's decision on the grounds of naivety. The man can coerce the woman, her society/culture etc.

Of course she has the right to walk away, this is why measures should be put to ensure that everyone is treated fairly, however it goes down.

Maybe if men hadn't wanted the society be so cruel to women, it wouldn't be such a big deal to have more than one husband, then again, when you love someone, you wouldn't want to share.

You don't have the right to keep two women at once, you can divorce one and move on with the other, it is just left for the woman you leave, to understand she's better off without you, if you think you need another woman.

Cocaine is a harmful substance, an addict shouldn't be allowed to endanger his life and that of others.

Polygamy has caused a lot of bitterness for lots of people, children/women have been forced into marriages.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Woman Hides Gala In A Bible To Send To Her Children In The UK / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please / Frustrated With My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.