Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? (1953 Views)

Your Home Isn't Complete / You Have No Reason To Help? / Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hi everyone.
I will just get straight to the point and say that I don't want to get married simply because so many genetic diseases run in my family and I don't want to put another human being (my child) through the inconvinience of having to cope with these diseases.
Am talking genetic diseases like anaemia, hypertension, stroke, diabetes and asthma.
Can I not stay single just to keep myself from passing these problems to my offspring?
Is that a justifiable reason or am I overeacting and is marriage still a good idea?
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by itstpia8: 4:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
Isnt your moniker that drug used to hypnotize and rape females?

5 Likes

Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by misreal(m): 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
hmmm.i dont know how much you are ready for the truth,but since you posted this online then i must tell you the truth.the truth is,you dont have any genetic disoder in your family,what you have is a lot of demonic manipulations.God never created anyone sick from womb sir.all you need now is jesus in your life firstly.secondly,get baptised in the holyghsot and confronts those demons in prayer.believe me,you will thank me LATER.

4 Likes

Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by yomi007k(m): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hahahahaha grin

Op u funny ooo.

These diseases also run in my family and my siblings are married.

No problem, me self no go marry becos of dis. I hope ur happy now? Lol

1 Like

Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by ify84(m): 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
Go and marry....
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
itstpia8:
Isnt your moniker that drug used to hypnotize and rape females?

i don't know what you are talking about. Rohypnol is a muscle relaxant used to treat insomnia.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
misreal:
hmmm.i dont know how much you are ready for the truth,but since you posted this online then i must tell you the truth.the truth is,you dont have any genetic disoder in your family,what you have is a lot of demonic manipulations.God never created anyone sick from womb sir.all you need now is jesus in your life firstly.secondly,get baptised in the holyghsot and confronts those demons in prayer.believe me,you will thank me LATER.

thank you for your advice. I will make sure to fast and pray to heal all my problems.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
yomi007k:
Hahahahaha grin

Op u funny ooo.

These diseases also run in my family and my siblings are married.

No problem, me self no go marry becos of dis. I hope ur happy now? Lol

your case is not as bad as mine.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by oglalasioux(m): 5:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
Why not see a doctor and carry out tests before you conclude. Running a DNA test doesn't cost much and most of the diseases you mentioned can be controlled with drugs at the molecular level.

Don't mind the person advising you that it's demonic. Almost every health challenge is a defect in our DNA not due to Adam and Eve eating an apple. Seek medical help.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by oglalasioux(m): 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
misreal:

There's no truth in your advice. Please don't mislead anyone with your religious beliefs. Medicine and science has great potentials to solve genetic defects.

21st century African still believing it's the devil that is responsible for all his problems. Pathetic!

6 Likes

Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
oglalasioux:
Why not see a doctor and carry out tests before you conclude. Running a DNA test doesn't cost much and most of the diseases you mentioned can be controlled with drugs at the molecular level.

Don't mind the person advising you that it's demonic. Almost every health challenge is a defect in our DNA not due to Adam and Eve eating an apple. Seek medical help.
Thank you very much for your helpful advice, you are too kind.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by yomi007k(m): 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
Rohypnol:

your case is not as bad as mine.
Naaah, I'm sure ur's is worse as evidenced by ur moniker. grin
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
oglalasioux:

There's no truth in your advice. Please don't mislead anyone with your religious beliefs. Medicine and science has great potentials to solve genetic defects.

21st century African still believing it's the devil that is responsible for all his problems. Pathetic!

don't mind that person, i didnt even take their post seriously at all, I was just replying to be nice.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
yomi007k:

Naaah, I'm sure ur's is worse as evidenced by ur moniker. grin

lol mad man grin
what has my moniker got to do with my situation?
Lmao
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by misreal(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
oglalasioux:

religious beliefs?...only jesus has the cure to every health issue.i am not saying science is bad,but the op's case is beyond science..by the way,do you know jesus?
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by misreal(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
Rohypnol:

thank you for your advice. I will make sure to fast and pray to heal all my problems.
fasting and praying will not heal you,jesus will..if you have tried science,why not try jesus?
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
misreal:
fasting and praying will not heal you,jesus will..if you have tried science,why not try jesus?
of course.
Jesus I am calling on you to heal me and cure my ailments completely. In Jesus name Amen.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
ify84:
Go and marry....
I dont want to bring another human being to this world to suffer that's all.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
ify84:
Go and marry....
I dont want to bring another human being to this world to suffer that's all.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by misreal(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
Rohypnol:

of course.
Jesus I am calling on you to heal me and cure my ailments completely. In Jesus name Amen.
amen
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by oglalasioux(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
misreal:
religious beliefs?...only jesus has the cure to every health issue.i am not saying science is bad,but the op's case is beyond science..by the way,do you know jesus?

I respect your beliefs but it doesn't really work the way you think. Yes, I know Jesus and I believe he is the one who gave our scientists and doctors the brain to handle medical problems not to your pastors. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
Rohypnol:
Hi everyone.
I will just get straight to the point and say that I don't want to get married simply because so many genetic diseases run in my family and I don't want to put another human being (my child) through the inconvinience of having to cope with these diseases.
Am talking genetic diseases like anaemia, hypertension, stroke, diabetes and asthma.
Can I not stay single just to keep myself from passing these problems to my offspring?
Is that a justifiable reason or am I overeacting and is marriage still a good idea?
Guy, ref dey do u strong thing. Just go n sleep it off.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by misreal(m): 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2016
oglalasioux:

I respect your beliefs but it doesn't really work the way you think. Yes, I know Jesus and I believe he is the one who gave our scientists and doctors the brain to handle medical problems not to your pastors. Thanks.
please sir,have i mentioned pastor in any of my post??moreover,jesus is the same yesterday,today and forever.if he can pass through a person to heal the sick in the time of old,he can still pass through men to heal the sick.dont limit limit the power of the risen christ my friend.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
chiddyok:

Guy, ref dey do u strong thing. Just go n sleep it off.
Am trying to talk serious $hit here so stop trying to make light of it okay?
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
misreal:
please sir,have i mentioned pastor in any of my post??moreover,jesus is the same yesterday,today and forever.if he can pass through a person to heal the sick in the time of old,he can still pass through men to heal the sick.dont limit limit the power of the risen christ my friend.

don't worry about him sir. I have already asked Jesus for help like you suggested, please let bygones be bygones k?
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by misreal(m): 8:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
Rohypnol:

don't worry about him sir. I have already asked Jesus for help like you suggested, please let bygones be bygones k?
"bygones"??hahaahahah.....you will recieve answers to your prayers despite your doubts.jesus will show himself strong in your matter...MARK MY WORDS..
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by crackhaus: 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
Rohypnol:
Hi everyone.
You're not overreacting, it's a justifiable reason.

Although it's possible that these genetic abnormalities stay dormant in your genes, but you can never know the type of woman you end up marrying - she may just end up being the one to trigger your hypertension or stroke somewhere down the line. grin
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by crackhaus: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
misreal:
There's no way you were being serious.

Good joke gringrin
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
crackhaus:

You're not overreacting, it's a justifiable reason.

Although it's possible that these genetic abnormalities stay dormant in your genes, but you can never know the type of woman you end up marrying - she may just end up being the one to trigger your hypertension or stroke somewhere down the line. grin

Yea you have a valid point, these things might be dormant in my genes though. I never thought about that.

Hmmmm. Thanks a lot. Guess its not really wise to rule out marriage based on genetic conditions only.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
misreal:
"bygones"??hahaahahah.....you will recieve answers to your prayers despite your doubts.jesus will show himself strong in your matter...MARK MY WORDS..

AMEN! AMEN BROTHER!!!
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by misreal(m): 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
crackhaus:

There's no way you were being serious.

Good joke gringrin
How has your post helped the op..if you know a way to help the op,so that he can give birth to children who will not inherit any genetic disorder,please state it or pls dont quote me.
Re: Isn't This A Valid Reason To Shun Marriage? by crackhaus: 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
Rohypnol:

Yea you have a valid point, these things might be dormant in my genes though. I never thought about that.

Hmmmm. Thanks a lot. Guess its not really wise to rule out marriage based on genetic conditions only.
I'm impressed you saw a point behind the humour.

Cheers bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Will An Average Family Of 4 Use In Buying Meat For Consumption Monthly? / What Do You Call Your Mum? / Is It Right For A Father To Bath And Clean Up His Female Newborn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.