Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase (24469 Views)

NNPC Boss, Baru Dispenses Petrol In Abuja (Photos) / Man Spends 12 Hours To Get 10 Liters Of Petrol In Lagos (Photos) / Selling Fuel In Jerry-cans Via Car Boot (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by reportnaijanews(m): 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
Concerned by untold suffering as well as hazard emanating from the activities of black marketers, especially those who sell petroleum products inside plastic containers/jerry-cans, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Solomon E. Arase, has directed all Zonal Assistant Inspectors-General of Police and FCT/State Commands Commissioners of Police to arrest anybody found selling petrol and other petroleum products in plastic container.

The IGP, who issued the directives in Abuja on Monday, April 25, said apart from the hardship this act is causing to fuel buyers, it has also rendered some innocent and law abiding citizens homeless due to fire outbreak from jerry-can petrol storage.

He noted that fuel products such as petrol are highly flammable and if not stored and handled properly, can seriously endanger people, property and the environment. While warning fuel attendants at filling stations to desist from selling petrol inside jerry-can/plastic container, the Inspector-General of Police said both the buyers and the sellers of the products will be arrested and prosecuted under the law.

The IGP, while assuring Nigerians of the Police readiness to fulfill its constitutional mandate, appealed for a more cordial relationship between the Police and the public.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/04/igp-orders-arrest-and-prosecution-of.html

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by ozy4christ(f): 5:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Stupid fg.he cant order d prosecution of fulaniherdsmen dat kill innocent souls but 2 prosecute ppl dat are doing business. If u a in hurry wont u buy black market instead of wasting ur whole day on a que abi wetin self.nonsense

164 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Adewummy007: 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
Who will buy from them if it is readily available at filling stations ?

121 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by cktheluckyman: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
Stupid and incompetent fool!! why don't you concentrate on Fulani herdsmen and leave the innocent people alone

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Barney11: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
Is like u people want the poor masses to die bah?who fire burn since the people dey sell black masses!no light,no fuel now the expensive black market one dey buy una wan block am!sai baba!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
I am not surprised...they flex muscles when it is irrelevant

IF there is no fuel scarcity, there won't be any need for black market . Or how do you expect people to fuel their generators and cars

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by nabiz(m): 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
... but shey I fit buy with my generator?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by JoeBlocks(m): 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
mimzy:

IF there is no fuel scarcity, there won't be any need for black market . Or how do you expect people to fuel their generators and cars
By going to the filling statioon with their generators and cars... Duhhhhh tongue

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by henryutd(m): 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
I think it is a good idea but what about some areas where there is no petrol station.

Trust the police. Even if you are with 4L gallon for your Generator, you must be under arrest. Or you are carrying kerosene, na arrest be that.

9 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin
Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
this man is a clown,why do we like beating around the bush in this nation.

who loves buying black market,if fuel is available in filling station.

Oga IG,let the FG settle petrol issue,and see things go normal.

mtcheww.

41 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by aare07(m): 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
What of generator-users?

#istandwithjustice.

7 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Afama: 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
What a joke this country is turning into...

So me I will now be carrying my generator to the filling station abi, izz like something is strung with u people aef

15 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by PAnaceA7(m): 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
Bad Market for Abuja residents not just Mallams as this fuel is not readily available even at filling stations.

So we should carry our generators to the filling station as well..... This man don chop soo
Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Heeyhun(f): 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
can we sha buy in polybags?

13 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by OlujobaSamuel: 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
I said it yesterday that this man is having brain tumour, now, this is a confirmation.
I think he should know that this statement will increase the cost of getting the fuel, because black marketers will now factor in the increased cost of bribery(police and fuel attendants), at the end we pay more.
I thought there was a rumour sometimes ago that this man was on verge of dismissal, wetin happen again, abi na from Benin(abeg make una no vex) dem help am do the thing.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by searay(m): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
Joke of the Century

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by dunkem21(m): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
mimzy:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Ptoocool(m): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
Me too?
Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Johnrake69: 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
This is a bloody waste of time. If the product was available at the gas station, I don't think any reasonable person will want to patronise them.

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by sammyj: 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
I want to stop food for the Boyz. Diaris God ooo! !

1 Like

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by ayusco85(m): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
Why not arrest those devilish Fulani herdsmen killing innocent Nigerians in their backyard.

Talk abt misplaced priorities. *hiss*

Leave awon boys make dem hustle joor

9 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Malawian(m): 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
is there a valid law that criminalizes buying fuel in galons? or is our law enforcement agents now making laws for us? abeg, who this country never tire?

34 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by PAnaceA7(m): 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
Heeyhun:
can we sha buy in polybags?
lolz

1 Like

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
Good development.
Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by Godsonbalo(m): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
This suppose to be the JOKE OF THE MONTH.

6 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by BolaLFC(f): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
So, we that use fuel to run generators should use our mouths to store fuel or what is this Arase saying? Is it only motorists tht use fuel?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by arabbunkum: 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
Why is this man not ordering the immediate arrest and prosecution of armed Fulani herdsmen? Are the black marketers worse than those marauding beasts??
Why are we all acting so dumb and behaving as if all we
Indeed, there was a country!

7 Likes

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by ramdris(m): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
Someone tell me dis Joker is Joking angry. Wtf!

1 Like

Re: Arrest Buyers And Sellers Of Petrol In Jerry-cans - Arase by oribi(m): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
How dem go buy for generators... Na wah for our own police sef

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Our Mumu Don Do" Group Visit Family Of 10yr Boy Killed During Market Demolition / Photo Of Baby Dressed To Celebrate Independence Day / Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.