Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics (35173 Views)

Foluke Daramola: "How Apostle Ayo Babalola's Wife Destroyed Him" / Foluke Daramola's 40th Birthday Photos / Fans To Foluke Daramola: Your Makeup Is Too Much, It Covers Your Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by cococandy(f): 8:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
CFCman:

Hope you're good. My PM doesn't work though. Maybe its because I deactivated my CFCfan account.
yes I'm fine smiley . I didn't try to PM you though.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by SirShymexx: 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Goodness Gracious shocked shocked shocked
Nigga , you're a music genius o .
I'm telling you , you're way way far away better than me .
I'm a big fan of sports music too .
K'naan wasn't bad at all , 2010 isn't a year to be forgotten ...
God bless South Africa o jare

Lol. I'm not a genius and ya knowledge of music may be far broader than mine. Personally, I just love great music and nothing is more spiritual than music. The harmonies, melodies, lyrics etc., you can be solitude with great music and you would feel ya body, soul, and spirit working together in unison. Nothing also invigorates deep thoughts, soothes the soul, and paints a perfect picture you can relate to better than music. It can also be a clock that reminds of the past and journey thus far in life as well. For example: I was looking for an old tune on YouTube yesterday, and boom, I saw Lemar's "50/50"...instantly, I remember one of my troublesome younger cousins I used to jam to that tune with when it came out in 03 or so. He's like 6'6 tall now but the tune took me back to when my young donny was still growing and I used to whoop his arse in pro evo on PS1 lol. That's the beauty of music.

K'naan is super dope. You need to listen his BET cypher and a lot of his tracks. He was also on the Nas and Damian Marley "Tribal Wars" track off "Distance Relatives" album. He's by far the best rapper out of Africa. Great lyricist and even greater storyteller.

Great World Cup and the peak of tiki taka cos it died after that World Cup. France 98 remains my greatest football World Cup ever. The final was crazy. Man like Davor Suker and Gheorghe Hagi...the great Dutch team...Ayala...and Dennis Bergkamp's incredible/magnificent goal against Argentina.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
optimus007:

I have emboldened certain areas of your quote for the sake of reference. Having followed this thread from the first page, I've noticed that prevalent error in a lot of posts.

Quick questions(not just to you but to whoever it may interest):

What exactly are the components of this bill and is it going to be drawn in such a way that it has an all inclusive power over certain areas of the general constitution such as Sharia Laws?

Secondly, apart from a few areas of the constitution that seem biased against women, are there laws( apart from the Sharia of course) that inherently carry the power to work against women?

Thirdly, does Nigeria not already have enough laws that kick against rape and other "crimes"?

If you haven't haven't guessed by now, the questions I have asked are largely rhetorical. Nigeria's problem is not a matter of making more Laws. It is a matter of education and ethical awareness. Let me give a quick example. The Bill in question will not force a family from treating their daughters as second hand citizens of the family. It will not stop our obviously faulty mentality pertaining to successful single women.

It will not stop these issues because they are sociocultural in nature. In themselves, a lot of them(some exclusive) are not crimes.

The Bill definitely seems like a waste of time. What we need is a re-evaluation of grey areas of our constitution that can be used as an excuse to get away with crimes against women and more importantly, we need EDUCATION and awareness. Courses and subjects should be introduced at all levels of education that teach values promoting a more balanced society.

Selah.

I have to say, you make some good points.

To answer your question.

Do you know that Upon divorce, a woman married under customary law has no claim over a house jointly owned by her husband. Her position is not helped by the provisions of the Matrimonial Causes Act in respect of maintenance and settlement of property, which expressly excludes the application of its provisions to marriages under customary and Islamic law.

Although in the case of women married under the Act, where she is able to produce documents showing she made a contribution to the property, she is entitled to the part of the property commensurate to her contribution. Many women are denied custody and access to their children. Among those under Islamic law, child marriage is still prevalent.

Also in most parts of Nigeria, female children are still discriminated against on issues of inheritance. The Bill was expected to put an end to this.

So googled some for your questions.

Section 55[12] of the Penal Code applicable in Northern Nigeria permits wife battery as chastisement as long as grievous harm is not inflicted. Section 55 of the Labour Act prohibits women from working in the night.

I also advocate for Sharia law to be ban. Our constitution should be free of any religious law.

There are still laws in our constitution that stands against women rights and why it has become such a big to implement laws in respect of equality I still don't get.

If you say it's a waste of time... Its amazing because there are so many laws that are implemented by the house which we can say is waste of time.

All we asked is for another time to be wasted on this bill.

1 Like

Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by tumpatis: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
Myosotis:

I have emboldened certain areas of your quote for the sake of reference. Having followed this thread from the first page, I've noticed that prevalent error in a lot of posts.

Quick questions(not just to you but to whoever it may interest):

What exactly are the components of this bill and is it going to be drawn in such a way that it has an all inclusive power over certain areas of the general constitution such as Sharia Laws?

Secondly, apart from a few areas of the constitution that seem biased against women, are there laws( apart from the Sharia of course) that inherently carry the power to work against women?

Thirdly, does Nigeria not already have enough laws that kick against rape and other "crimes"?

If you haven't haven't guessed by now, the questions I have asked are largely rhetorical. Nigeria's problem is not a matter of making more Laws. It is a matter of education and ethical awareness. Let me give a quick example. The Bill in question will not force a family from treating their daughters as second hand citizens of the family. It will not stop our obviously faulty mentality pertaining to successful single women.

It will not stop these issues because they are sociocultural in nature. In themselves, a lot of them(some exclusive) are not crimes.

The Bill definitely seems like a waste of time. What we need is a re-evaluation of grey areas of our constitution that can be used as an excuse to get away with crimes against women and more importantly, we need EDUCATION and awareness. Courses and subjects should be introduced at all levels of education that teach values promoting a more balanced society.
To answer your question.
Do you know that Upon divorce, a woman married under customary law has no claim over a house jointly owned by her husband. Her position is not helped by the provisions of the Matrimonial Causes Act in respect of maintenance and settlement of property, which expressly excludes the application of its provisions to marriages under customary and Islamic law.
Although in the case of women married under the Act, where she is able to produce documents showing she made a contribution to the property, she is entitled to the part of the property commensurate to her contribution. Many women are denied custody and access to their children. Among those under Islamic law, child marriage is still prevalent.
Also in most parts of Nigeria, female children are still discriminated against on issues of inheritance. The Bill was expected to put an end to this.
Section 55[12] of the Penal Code applicable in Northern Nigeria permits wife battery as chastisement as long as grievous harm is not inflicted. Section 55 of the Labour Act prohibits women from working in the night.
I also advocate for Sharia law to be ban. Our constitution should be free of any religious law.
There are still laws in our constitution that stands against women rights and why it has become such a big to implement laws in respect of equality I still don't get.
If you say it's a waste of time... Its amazing because there are so many laws that are implemented by the house which we can say is waste of time.
Myosotis:

To answer your question.

Still I'm reading a great share. I also think these is the time to ensure proper education for all. Actually, rules are not enough to protect the crimes or irregularities. Proper education is enough for that.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by texazzpete(m): 9:20am On Apr 28, 2016
CopyLearner:

IMO, sexual abuse is most perpetrated on the male child. It does no damage physically on them as compared to a female child ,but it messes with them psychologically, although the guys are even oblivious of it. That's why we have a lot of messed up guys in the society. How many guys lose their virginity or have a near sexual experience before they clock 10? Trust me, the statistics is alarming. Now many of the women screaming they want equality bill to be passed are doing so for the wrong reasons. A woman has as much right, and even more, than a man, with or without the bill but many of the charlatans are viewing it as an opportunity to rub shoulders with men in a 'men' world. That's just the beginning of the end.

First you say women have as much right as a man.

next you say 'women are trying to 'rub shoulders with men in a 'men' world'

Can you see how thoroughly confused and misogynistic you are?

The fact that you imagine ALL women in Nigeria have equality guaranteed in all cultures is appalling. Please let us know the last time a male heir was disinherited over his gender, or the last time a widower was forced to drink the water used to wash the dead body of his wife.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by CopyLearner: 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
texazzpete:

First you say women have as much right as a man.

next you say 'women are trying to 'rub shoulders with men in a 'men' world'

Can you see how thoroughly confused and misogynistic you are?

The fact that you imagine ALL women in Nigeria have equality guaranteed in all cultures is appalling. Please let us know the last time a male heir was disinherited over his gender, or the last time a widower was forced to drink the water used to wash the dead body of his wife.

you got me wrong son and you don't ve to say I'm misogynistic cz I don't see how I hate myself or my kind from my comment. I made sure I said IMO, meaning i'm not imposing a belief, next I said MANY OF THE WOMEN. I understand that you might have had a 1st hand experience/encounter with what culture might have cost a woman but d basis for what I said was as regards the post. What women need is enlightenment cz even if the bill is passed, would the main people for whom the bill is passed benefit from it in the face of some deep rooted barbaric culture? When I said "men world" I don't mean the normal cliché "It's a man's world".
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2016

To answer your question.

I really appreciated your quote of my earlier post. It shows that we don't really need this back-and-forth because our points are already at tandem.

We both agree that there are areas of our constitution that need to be properly scrutinised and corrected if need be.

I think, however, that you may have missed the most important point I was trying to drive home. The point is that what precisely does the Gender Equality Bill aim to achieve? I asked you about the contents of this Bill for that particular reason. As you know, the Law must be precise. It should not be ambiguous. Does this Bill, if it becomes Law, have the power to invalidate other already existing "anti-female" Laws? Even if it does, should those Laws still be left in our constitution?

Secondly, you expressed concern over some cultural practices which you saw as exploitative or discriminating towards females. I responded that a lot of these were not crimes in themselves but had far deeper roots in our traditional societies. Now, how is the Bill meant to change the mentality of people?

Do you now see where seem to be at odds?

Like I said before, the passing of the Bill will be another symptomatic treatment to what really ails us. We have already had some Bills passed in this respect yet we keep on finding that we are not able to shake off the problem of sexual discrimination. And that is why i called it a waste of time.

I anticipate your response.

Cc: Myosotis
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by SenatorJames(m): 12:20pm On May 01, 2016
Truth is truly bitter
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by kazyhm(m): 8:22pm On May 14, 2016
they were very very rude

c'mon, is this what the bill will turn women into ??

those words on her are not acceptable, tell me, if those tweeter handler are men, they'll definitely abuse women. the will be guilty of what they are fighting against. jess!!

its an interview and I love the fact that, she air her position, she is brave and confident, it should not bound other woman.

we all don't like nor want the same things

I think this should be a personal issue not a general submission.

I always respect female colleagues/classmates with brain and always consult/talk/chat them up

why this struggle self, women always have their ways with men from time immemorial.
Re: Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics by goingforgold: 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
"Going for Gold" The Official theme song for Nigeria House Project on Rio 2016 Olympics has been released. This is it!
Song writer/composer - John Wakawa
Performers:
- Styl Plus
- E. Daniels
- Menya
- Angel V
- Anita
- Tochi
Producer - Dubble Dee.
- John Wakawa
- E. Daniels
Project Managers - 1. Usman N. Ibrahim (Aryan DC)
2. Chidozie Nwafor Publicity & Media - Christopher Habib

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olamide Strikes Cute Pose With Son, Miliano / Toke Makinwa's Opinion On Whatsapp Calls Got Her Slammed / Dbanj Sold His Soul To The Devil” – Majek Fashek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.