Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions (25878 Views)

Ghana’s Chalkboard Computer Teacher Arrives Singapore To Attend Microsoft Summit / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University / Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by dazzlingd(m): 7:43am On Apr 27, 2016
charix:
One thing I've learned is public university graduates have a serious case of inferiority complex. They also outnumber private university graduates 5 to 1 on this forum hence the ubiquity of their comparison threads. They're trying to justify a fallacy they know deep down isn't true.
this is most laughable...inferiority complex u say? it's the other way round...studying in a federal university is not about money bro, it's about the privilege and we cherish it everywhr we go...na we carry am for head pass...u ask me if I studied in private university, the kind way I go take respond ehn...bro, unilag forever and I repeat, all the private universities in nigeria combined is not up to half of unilag...it's no arrogance but fact.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
why opposing me lady Biko why I have a relative in crown poly and snith in ifewara so be mindful
I am not attacking you . I did my bachelors in a private uni, and got my masters from UK and am doing well. I only drew to your attention my observation.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 27, 2016
kolnel:
The issue is how many ppl can afford it
It's much easier to condemn what we can't afford
Poverty gives bad mentality
Private universities don't come cheap

Yes they arent cheap and you re right about people condemning what they cant afford. Its just natural.

Just so the same way the rich despise others who aren't in their so called class.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 27, 2016
dazzlingd:

this is most laughable...inferiority complex u say? it's the other way round...studying in a federal university is not about money bro, it's about the privilege and we cherish it everywhr we go...na we carry am for head pass...u ask me if I studied in private university, the kind way I go take respond ehn...bro, unilag forever and I repeat, all the private universities in nigeria combined is not up to half of unilag...it's no arrogance but fact.
I've better things to do this morning than try to change others' opinions.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Sard(m): 7:47am On Apr 27, 2016
Truth be told, this Op is a big disgrace to public universities; his tenses, punctuations, use of words and other aspects of constructing readable sentences are obviously too poor for a secondary school student, let alone university student.
Your demented brain should have let you know that schools don't always determine individual's ability.
Save yourself from this embarrassment by begging the moderators to close this thread.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Igwe007(m): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2016
OP if your father was rich, trust me you would have gone to a private university. Just pray to God to bless you so that you can give to your parents what they didn't give to you.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Topmaike007(m): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2016
losky4real:
I am not attacking you . I did my bachelors in a private uni, and got my masters from UK and am doing well. I only drew to your attention my observation.
to say the truth but not the truth I was a student of maurid poly before I wrote another jamb and now in federal because I just don't want to study anyhow course...and the reason for my write up is that someone wrote the same thing yesterday to oppose public institutions that is why
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 27, 2016
amtaken:
I proudly represent the prestigious UNILAG.

I have a colleague who attended the very expensive Igbinedium University. She has nothing to offer brain-wise apart from speaking Queens English which sometimes sounds fake.

I don't know if the fault is from her or from the school.

Liar...
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Temilayoborbor(m): 7:52am On Apr 27, 2016
See dis jealous bastard, there's nothing more annoying than ur bad english. Abeg which uni did you attend, because u are a disgrace to d University.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by seunlayi(m): 7:52am On Apr 27, 2016
Sard:
Truth be told, this Op is a big disgrace to public universities; his tenses, punctuations, use of words and other aspects of constructing readable sentences are obviously too poor for a secondary school student, let alone university student.
Your demented brain should have let you know that schools don't always determine individual's ability.
Save yourself from this embarrassment by begging the moderators to close this thread.

Op should have allowed the sleeping dog to continue sleeping rather than exposing himself. Chai!! See oyibbo

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
to say the truth but not the truth I was a student of maurid poly before I wrote another jamb and now in federal because I just don't want to study anyhow course...and the reason for my write up is that someone wrote the same thing yesterday to oppose public institutions that is why
ok dear . I understand.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2016
There are runz in government universities as well.Most times,even if you pass your post ume or utme and you don't have one godfather,you will surely be withdrawn.Also,buying of handouts before you can pass a lecturer's subject is also prevàlenţ in ğoveřment institutions

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by SeraSera(m): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
Going to school nowadays are not to get certificate but to defend what you carry. ..in this thread I shall be disscusing some major point not to go to private institutions such as poly or uni. D

I'm personally sick of all these bashing of private universities, but let's see--perhaps you're doing something more objective here.

1) there fee are high that it takes the rich alone to be there or maybe your parents are also having some helpers such younger brothers,sisters,uncle,or any relatives..Compared to federal or state institutions some federal institutions are paying #20,000 as school fee and I trust my self if I keep up with my importation biz I can pay my school fee even without letting my Parent to know.

This is not a reason not to attend private universities. It is assumed that, before considering attending a private university, you would be able to afford it.

2)promoting them whether do test or fail a single paper no carry over nothing because they can't pay a very huge amount of money and still fail them is rubbish come and do such in OAU if you're not serious you will go back home

This is not true. I cannot speak for all private universities, but I can speak for the one I attended. Like all reputable universities everywhere, uncommitted students failed and had carryovers on the regular. As a matter of fact, in my department, only 7 out of 15 students graduated on time. The rest were required to spend extra years to register and pass failed courses.

3)not able to defend their result, you cannot expect school that has no competition to know book because when you are busy reading hard in public institutions to maintain your slut in the department you vouch For chai if they bring their overall best from private Institution them no fit defeat you because you spending most of your time reading all ways and not to be rusticated from school private cannot match US... My guys in Angola and awo hostel can testify to it..

No offense, but I had to read this several times to actually make sense of what you're trying to say. Let me just say that there are good and bad students everywhere. Just like I would not use you, based on your grammar and poor sentence construction, to pass judgement on all public university students, it is also unfair that you make sweeping generalizations regarding the intellect of private university students based on a few cases you may have seen or heard or imagined.

4)if you are going to private just know in your heart that your issue of getting employed is base on I sabi person or I go work for papa company because I have seen a situation that a girl has a certificate from one private poly in southwest I will not mention name of the school this girl was dismiss when she can't write a good application letter,i was dissapointed in me because if people are talking about school she will also be talking..and also public certificate are well recognized than private. .it is very hard for private ond student to do direct entry to public institutions even hnd in public institutions is very hard for private to be admitted.

This is not a private or public thing; it's basically a Nigerian thing, a world thing even. In this age, networking is everything. Public university students would use the connections they have just as private university students would. It may be true that more private university students have those connections ready when they graduate, but it is quite unfair to blame them for having or using them. Let me also inform you that, as one who studied in a private university, I have had the good fortune of being selected over very good candidates from public universities based purely on merit.

5)they don't do post utme they buy space in the school admission and become there student, by so doing I believe they are dull if you are not dull why not go and compete with your mate In federal poly or uni because the idea of people saying that they was denied admission that was the main reason they went to private but if you know the formula you will not be denied admission and the formula is this you scored 185 in utme and you chose unn or some other mighty schools in Nigeria and still put medicine and surgery as course oga no waste your time and money na come back next year be that but if you change your institution and course plus hardwork in reading it will Surely

This may be true in certain cases, but definitely not in all. Passing a university's POST-UTME examination is no guarantee for admission, as I'm sure you'll agree. One still needs to do some "leg work" to make sure your spot is not given to someone who is probably not as bright as you. You see how the same thing happens in public universities? Students who are academically challenged bribe their way into and through the university. So you see, there are dull students everywhere, just as there are bright students everywhere.

Turns out in the end that there is no objectivity to this sad little list. Someone got bitter and decided to write something. Nigerian students should begin to learn to respect one another and value our individual strengths and capacities. Whether private or public, no system is ideal. The Nigerian education system has a very long way to go. Why don't we rather be happy (not bitter) wherever we are and do what we can to make the most of our experiences?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by donbenedict(m): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2016
amtaken:
Why didn't you opt to do your Masters in your private Uni?

#JustCurious.

#ProudlyAnAkokite.

because my Alma mater has not been licensed by the NUC to run masters program yet.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 27, 2016
Sorry to burst all your bubbles. I did my BSC in a private Uni , masters in Uk and I now lecture in a state uni. This is very funny .
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Sard(m): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2016
losky4real:
Didn't they teach you how to use punctuation marks in your public school ? Was your pain caused by the private uni?
That Op is a disgrace to his family, friends and schools. How on earth will a university student write such error-filled sentences!!?? He needs a refund of all his tuition fees.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by sirTesco(m): 8:02am On Apr 27, 2016
rheether:
OP, how rich is your dad?
u get sense at all. Poor gurl
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Sard(m): 8:02am On Apr 27, 2016
seunlayi:

Op should have allowed the sleeping dog to continue sleeping rather than exposing himself. Chai!! See oyibbo
The boy murdered "oyinbo"; his ignorance stinks to the heavens.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by butanep(m): 8:02am On Apr 27, 2016
Jayne07:
Please go back to OAU and request for a refund of all your fees. Your English is terrible, and you sit there and compare yourself to other students? Wow!
The Op is a disgrace to public institution. I couldn't read the thread to the end because of the grammatical errors and gruesome lack of punctuation marks.

I keep telling people. It's not about your school but about you. There are still plenty dull students in public schools.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Elxandre(m): 8:04am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
pls stop the itch I have rich relatives I just don't have time for any person pls stop it the former minister of health in Nigeria is my uncle Mr onyebuchi chukwuma ...we don't beg to eat pls stop it you guys started it yesterday
Would you shut up and go buy an English book!

What's the difference between you and the girl who couldn't write a letter, when you can't even use punctuations or spell words decently.

Even the thought process in your original post stinks of ignorance and hasty generalization.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by sirTesco(m): 8:04am On Apr 27, 2016
rheether:

Then shut up, keep working hard, keep praying so that you will take your dad to the top. It's not your fault that you can't afford to attend a private university so please, stop the hate.
No mind d op joor.
If this kind person manage get money naw he go send him son go Convenent.
Hypocrites
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by kzenterprise(m): 8:05am On Apr 27, 2016
Op na crown poly abi wetin you call am you de use compare with other private university. shocked shocked SMH

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by alves4(m): 8:05am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
Amizu community
Yikes
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by nnacent(m): 8:06am On Apr 27, 2016
Private universities can only be compared to universities abroad. If u have not been to any, dont join issues with me.
comparing private to public uni. is like saying iya Basira canteen is better than chinese restaurant-it just depends on ur perspective.
If u cant afford private uni, be proud of d public uni u attended no qualms. but i bet u, if u have d money, it is either private uni or school abroad.
Go ask your public uni proffessors why dey send dia kids to private unis.
Mind u, I am a proud product of FUTO. but cant understand what all those unrelated stress was for. Neither do i understand why a lecturer will just b unaproachable. Nor why a single class will have 2000 students all cramped up. Abeg leave matter for mathias.
Cheers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Angelovic96: 8:07am On Apr 27, 2016
whether you attended Public or Private institution note that it's not a guaranty for you to become rich

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by donifez(m): 8:09am On Apr 27, 2016
OP you fall hand big time,I will not aim a dart to your school,The problem is from you. It is not about the school, It is about the individual. Please, you guys should stop this private/public university comparison.It is getting stale.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by you2fine(m): 8:10am On Apr 27, 2016
Private university is much better,
1)u won't be afraid of going class an hour before d lecture so has to avoid of seating at d back
2)u won't afraid of so call stupid lecturers trying to Bleep your ass so has to give u mark
3)in private university u will mingle with rich and influential kids,to attain a greater height in this country of hours won't be hard.
But u can gain single of all this in federal university.
After trying hard to read and pass out well, nothing to show of for
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Shwarz: 8:13am On Apr 27, 2016
It's educated illiterates like you that great men like Pat Utomi and other successful employers talked about at last year's The Platform, and currently still whine about every other day in every other publication. You really shouldn't have said you went to school, much less say you are a graduate or even worse off say you went to OAU. I'm very sure OAU lecturers and students would be ashamed to associate with you or the extremely daft and gumptionless point you are trying to purport. I don't even know what is more annoying, the insensitive biased generalisation you are purporting or the fact you are an educated illiterate trying to justify the pathetic situation you have found yourself. You should apologise to all the successful, hardworking graduates and undergraduates who have made one noble sacrifice or the other to get their current results.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
Going to school nowadays are not to get certificate but to defend what you carry. ..in this thread I shall be disscusing some major point not to go to private institutions such as poly or uni.

1) there fee are high that it takes the rich alone to be there or maybe your parents are also having some helpers such younger brothers,sisters,uncle,or any relatives..Compared to federal or state institutions some federal institutions are paying #20,000 as school fee and I trust my self if I keep up with my importation biz I can pay my school fee even without letting my Parent to know.

2)promoting them whether do test or fail a single paper no carry over nothing because they can't pay a very huge amount of money and still fail them is rubbish come and do such in OAU if you're not serious you will go back home

3)not able to defend their result, you cannot expect school that has no competition to know book because when you are busy reading hard in public institutions to maintain your slut in the department you vouch For chai if they bring their overall best from private Institution them no fit defeat you because you spending most of your time reading all ways and not to be rusticated from school private cannot match US... My guys in Angola and awo hostel can testify to it..

4)if you are going to private just know in your heart that your issue of getting employed is base on I sabi person or I go work for papa company because I have seen a situation that a girl has a certificate from one private poly in southwest I will not mention name of the school this girl was dismiss when she can't write a good application letter,i was dissapointed in me because if people are talking about school she will also be talking..and also public certificate are well recognized than private. .it is very hard for private ond student to do direct entry to public institutions even hnd in public institutions is very hard for private to be admitted.

5)they don't do post utme they buy space in the school admission and become there student, by so doing I believe they are dull if you are not dull why not go and compete with your mate In federal poly or uni because the idea of people saying that they was denied admission that was the main reason they went to private but if you know the formula you will not be denied admission and the formula is this you scored 185 in utme and you chose unn or some other mighty schools in Nigeria and still put medicine and surgery as course oga no waste your time and money na come back next year be that but if you change your institution and course plus hardwork in reading it will Surely

Add yours if you agree and quote me wrong if you are a victim of private institution grin

You wrote this poorly and yet you claim that you're in a university?

I weep silently for my fatherland.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by harsysky(m): 8:18am On Apr 27, 2016
Mediocrity compared to Mediocrity. Op, eventhough there is an atom of truth in what you've said, What gives you the right to even say it. I quite know that schools in naija work majorly to make profits and not to impact quality knowledge. I don't like school, it's a great scam!
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:19am On Apr 27, 2016
rheether:
OP, how rich is your dad?
When Akpabio was a Governor, his daughter was in ABU, Zaria.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by yewii2cute(f): 8:20am On Apr 27, 2016
chaarly:

wait.. wait.. wait.. kindly sharrap there!
falz is jst being funny with his english.. dt is not his real english
#his "real-English" toosh pass ur picture
common sense isn't common, I only expected u to use ur critical thinking skills dummy.is it until I tell u I meant d stage language he uses? #smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} / How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.