Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing (19589 Views)

Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner / Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing / Fulani Herd-boy Seen Studying His Books While Out With ‘his’ Cows For Grazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2016
my governor only knows how to cry n pray Mitchew!!!

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Okeycima: 11:56am On Apr 27, 2016
Tell that to enugu state Governor

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by xpool(m): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2016
chinchum:
Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi yesterday criticised the proposed creation of grazing zones across the country as ill-advised.

He warned that the proposal is against the spirit of the land use act and the overriding public interest.

The governor spoke on the raging controversy trailing the alleged sponsorship of a bill at the National Assembly for the creation of grazing zones for cattle across the country as a panacea to the perennial clash between trespassing herdsmen and farm owners.

It was at the launch of the ‘Agric Oyo,’ the Oyo State agriculture initiative, at Paago, via Iseyin, in Oke Ogun zone.

At the event were investors, outgrowers, beneficiaries, institutional partners, outtakers, traditional rulers and top officials of the state.

The governor said: “This is the time to call a spade a spade. Those clamouring for creation of grazing zones across the country should have a rethink. It is against the Land Use Act; it is against the law of natural justice to seize people’s land to cater for someone’s cattles.

“ Grazing zones could be created for those who are traditional cattle rearers in their areas. I’m not against that. But, you cannot come here and tell me you want to occupy our land for grazing zones. The land exists in our respective states and as such the right owners should decide what to do with them.

“Anybody outside this zone willing to rear cattle here will need to approach the state to buy the land and we offer what is available with rules. There is no free land for grazing zones. We need to take this firm position. It won’t happen .”

On the new agriculture initiative, the governor was upbeat that it would create one million direct jobs across the agric value chain thereby taking many unemployed youths off the streets.

Ajimobi was confident that the state would become the food basket of the South in the short run when the programme began in full swing, with the ultimate ambition of feeding the country.

The governor, who said that the initiative was aimed at diversifying the state’s economy, assured the people that the programme would add value to the lives of citizens across different sectors.

He said: “I am elated that the agricultural initiative has attracted these important dignitaries in the Agric business world and as well as a vast majority of our youths as beneficiaries of the scheme.

“This project will reduce over-dependence on oil, create wealth, alleviate poverty, encourage productivity, create jobs and bring about the overall socio-economic uplift of Oyo State.”

“Farming is very profitable and we will do everything possible to make it attractive in Oyo State to diversify our economy.”

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi and the Aseyin of Iseyin, Oba Abdul-Ganiyu Adekunle Salawudeen, in their separate remarks, praisded Ajimobi for the initiative, which they said was unprecedented since the days of the late sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
http://thenationonlineng.net/ajimobi-no-free-land-grazing-2/
Thank you very much sir!
Help me to tell all those cowards, sell-outs, and traitors who call themselves governors in the southern states,.
Please shout it to their eardrums in the Southern Governors Forum ; Oh we dont have such, we are doomed.
Please tell rochas okoroacha, remind Enugu state gov

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by ogene007: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2016
SleekAboki:
buhari and his fulani militias would come and take it by force.
If each community have well armed vigilantes, and you know how secure our land borders are and the ease with which things can move, I'm sure Buhari and his militants will have a rethink about coming to grab peoples lands. A well armed local vigilante force existing in all communities in the south are the best deterrence to stopping these mass murderers.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by girlfriendsnatc: 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
Not one inch of Southern soil and lands should be ceded, appropriated or leased for whatever purpose to Northern Islamic terrorists herdsmen. We southerners must hold firm on this position. None of our lands are available, period - no deliberations, no consultations, no debate! The federal officials championing such a reckless, senseless, and evil bill should take that useless bill and shove it down their STD-infested rectum. If the Federal government cares so much about grazing for cattles than protecting the lives and property of its citizens, then I think they should create grazing fields in the National Assembly, House of Representatives and in Aso Rock villa. APC is playing with fire! I voted for Buhari wholeheartedly, and honestly he's done a fine job so far except in this case of fulani herdsmen terrorists militias running a carnage rampage unchallenged across the country. If the APC-led federal government don't wake up to their statutory responsibilities, this single case of fulani herdsmen terrorism alone will guarantee they lose federal power in 2019! It took 16years to get it and if APC wants to throw it away after 4years, then so be it! I stand with Southern Nigeria, I stand with Yorubas, ibos, Ijaws, and every other southern tribe. The life of one man is incomparably more important and valuable than a zillion cattle. Maybe it's time we southerners develop our agriculture to meet our consumption demands, then we can cripple the economy of the North. I said it, and i'll say it again, such atrocious barbarism from Northern Islamic Hausas/fulanis savages will ignite crazy ideas in the south, crazy ideas that our ancestors were too dull to conceive, like Conquering the North angry. We have the intelligence, resources and manpower to make it happen. The only thing we lack in the south is unity, and ironically unity is the only major thing the North has going for them but it has always been sufficient to defeat us in the south because of our disunity.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Okeycima: 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
Beremx:
Ugwuanyi the weeping governor who says his people should fast and pray should take a clue from Ajimobi. In fact all southeast governors must speak up especially Rochas.

nice one Ajimobi
am amazed at ur comment these days,anyway u,abaGworo and uJatu can reach out to Him as ur his mouthpiece here.tell him time to show that he is indeed owelle ndi IGBO is now
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by SleekAboki: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
ogene007:

If each community have well armed vigilantes, and you know how secure our land borders are and the ease with which things can move, I'm sure Buhari and his militants will have a rethink about coming to grab peoples lands. A well armed local vigilante force existing in all communities in the south are the best deterrence to stopping these mass murderers.
Buhari will just give standing orders from Abuja and disarm the vigilantes few hours to Fulani onslaught. Your governors would call and Buhari would keep them on hold till the fulani militias are satisfied.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Truthisit: 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
Let Buhari take it by force now, later, we shall dislodge them by force!

SleekAboki:
buhari and his fulani militias would come and take it by force.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by SleekAboki: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
Truthisit:
Let Buhari take it by force now, later, we shall dislodge them by force!

That's if you be alive to lunch a counter attack.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by ogene007: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
SleekAboki:

Buhari will just give standing orders from Abuja and disarm the vigilantes fee hours to Fulani onslaught. Your governors would call and Buhari would keep them on hold till the fulani militias are satisfied.
He will disarm them just as he has quickly disarmed the militants blowing up the pipelines almost on a weekly basis. It is in the best interest of Buhari to ensure that the DSS and other security forces live up to their responsibilities of protecting lives and property of ALL nigerians rather than pushing people to adopt self help. African countries that threaded such paths know better than to make its citizens to resort to self help. Buhari should act immediately to restore the confidence of all nigerians in the DSS and other security forces because continuing to do otherwise is an obvious invitation to anarchy.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Beremx(f): 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Okeycima:
am amazed at ur comment these days,anyway u,abaGworo and uJatu can reach out to Him as ur his mouthpiece here.tell him time to show that he is indeed owelle ndi IGBO is now
I am no mouthpiece of Rochas. I don't know him personally and i am not paid to support him. my support for him is because of his philanthropy.

hope you get it now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Ghost01(m): 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
zimoni:
I'm so so so GLAD.

This is a GOOD NEWS.

I was afraid Ajimobi was going to compromise due to his closeness to PMB.

Now we are waiting to hear from Aregbesola and Amosun. Ajimobi and Mimiko have spoken, remaining Aregbesola and Amosun. The grazing nansense will never work in Ekiti and Lagos, I'm quite sure. No land for them in Lagos, Ekiti-Ketes are the most stubborn Yoruba's, no marauders can't take their land for grazing whatever.

The Bill must be killed and rejected.

Say NO to Fouta Jalons.

Alaabaa.
Lmao @ bolded. Grazing routes are just not going to work. We all must reject the idea.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by iykopy: 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
this is how a governor shud speak, not that reckless statement, asking endengered people to pray and fast made by the fat fool of a governor in enugu state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by SleekAboki: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
ogene007:

He will disarm them just as he has quickly disarmed the militants blowing up the pipelines almost on a weekly basis. It is in the best interest of Buhari to ensure that the DSS and other security forces live up to their responsibilities of protecting lives and property of ALL nigerians rather than pushing people to adopt self help. African countries that threaded such paths know better than to make its citizens to resort to self help. Buhari should act immediately to restore the confidence of all nigerians in the DSS and other security forces because continuing to do otherwise is an obvious invitation to anarchy.
Buhari as a fulani man takes the issues of religion and tribe so seriously. You can see how he responded and eliminated the Shiite? his number one enemy in Islam? his body language on fulani massacre since they have presidential backing and on winning streak is self evident.

People shouldn't be told to arm themselves cos it gets more bloody from hence forth.Everyone deserves a fighting chance and not to be murdered in front of your kids after they've been raped.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by HomeOfMe(f): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
tundejoseph4:
Don't sell land to herdsmen, because they will trespass no matter. Kill them only. They are not human being. No be human being you kill na animal.
Na true you talk;hi5 for you!
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Btruth: 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
BAILMONEY:
CORRECT GOVERNOR grin BUT WHERE IS LALASTICLALA SEF
don't mind him (lalasticlala), you won't see him when you needed him most. grin
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Rayhutar(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
Those calling Enugu youth coward are wrong, the last time the youth retaliated, the Nigerian Military attack them and got them arrested, I think that Buhari is using the army to back the Fulani terrorist in their killing spree

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Rayhutar(m): 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
SleekAboki:

Buhari will just give standing orders from Abuja and disarm the vigilantes few hours to Fulani onslaught. Your governors would call and Buhari would keep them on hold till the fulani militias are satisfied.
That is the problem, the Southern Nigeria governors and senators should speak out and also take the matter to the international criminal court, UN etc, Buhari is using Nigeria military as a back up for Fulani herdsmen terrorist attacks
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Btruth: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
ChristStriker:

Nobody has been able to answer this question.

If a southerner is seen with even a locally made pistol then kirikiri all the way but fulanis move around with military grade riffles-AK47s.

Just imagine.
good questions. But I think even the locals too know that they have to prepared. They don't need to display their weapons and their readiness. Only fools will go to sleep with their 2 eyes shut in Oke-ogun area when it come to the case of Fulani. "Be prepare" the boy scout motto is their slogan in all those environs.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by SleekAboki: 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
Rayhutar:

That is the problem, the Southern Nigeria governors and senators should speak out and also take the matter to the international criminal court, UN etc, Buhari is using Nigeria military as a back up for Fulani herdsmen terrorist attacks
Everyone knows this truth. People are afraid to speak up. they rather die in silence than Dss and Efcc been unleashed on them.You wonder where the Tunde Bakare and Wole Soyinka and co are?
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
girlfriendsnatc:
Not one inch of Southern soil and lands should be ceded, appropriated or leased for whatever purpose to Northern Islamic terrorists herdsmen. We southerners must hold firm on this position. None of our lands are available, period - no deliberations, no consultations, no debate! The federal officials championing such a reckless, senseless, and evil bill should take that useless bill and shove it down their STD-infested rectum. If the Federal government cares so much about grazing for cattles than protecting the lives and property of its citizens, then I think they should create grazing fields in the National Assembly, House of Representatives and in Aso Rock villa. APC is playing with fire! I voted for Buhari wholeheartedly, and honestly he's done a fine job so far except in this case of fulani herdsmen terrorists militias running a carnage rampage unchallenged across the country. If the APC-led federal government don't wake up to their statutory responsibilities, this single case of fulani herdsmen terrorism alone will guarantee they lose federal power in 2019! It took 16years to get it and if APC wants to throw it away after 4years, then so be it! I stand with Southern Nigeria, I stand with Yorubas, ibos, Ijaws, and every other southern tribe. The life of one man is incomparably more important and valuable than a zillion cattle. Maybe it's time we southerners develop our agriculture to meet our consumption demands, then we can cripple the economy of the North. I said it, and i'll say it again, such atrocious barbarism from Northern Islamic Hausas/fulanis savages will ignite crazy ideas in the south, crazy ideas that our ancestors were too dull to conceive, like Conquering the North angry. We have the intelligence, resources and manpower to make it happen. The only thing we lack in the south is unity, and ironically unity is the only major thing the North has going for them but it has always been sufficient to defeat us in the south because of our disunity.

God bless you. Please contact me via whatsapp(08164189885), we have a lot to talk about.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by ogene007: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
SleekAboki:

Buhari as a fulani man takes the issues of religion and tribe so seriously. You can see how he responded and eliminated the Shiite? his number one enemy in Islam? his body language on fulani massacre since they have presidential backing and on winning streak is self evident.

People shouldn't be told to arm themselves cos it gets more bloody from hence forth.Everyone deserves a fighting chance and not to be murdered in front of your kids after they've been raped.
The right to self defense and preservation is non-negotiable, so telling people not to arm themselves is simply being hypocritical. If the fulani herdsmen knew that the people were fully armed, waiting for them, that attack wouldn't have taken place. That is plain commonsense. The truth of the matter is that people have lost faith in the DSS and other security forces and are going to resort to self help. When the government of the day whose responsibility is to maintain law and order decides to not only abdicate its responsibility to the people, but is also perceived to be in collusion with the assailants, the people will do all it takes to protect themselves. This is in line with the law of natural justice irrespective to what people like you think about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by 1stdammy: 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jilo83:
My gofno my gofno. Ajimobi on point. You know the right place to go to develop agriculture. oke-ogun bogun bolu!
Wa se awon oriire.......
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Highbhee(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
Fulani and Oyo csn never gree...believe me. .olubadan is behind Ajimobi statement....Kadepe lori Adeyemi Ekun...king of All kings In Africa...husband of lizzybabe2
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Kingspin(m): 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
Let them gaze in sokoto and sell in portharcourt. If this govt get sense.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by macof(m): 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
zimoni:
I'm so so so GLAD.

This is a GOOD NEWS.

I was afraid Ajimobi was going to compromise due to his closeness to PMB.

Now we are waiting to hear from Aregbesola and Amosun. Ajimobi and Mimiko have spoken, remaining Aregbesola and Amosun. The grazing nansense will never work in Ekiti and Lagos, I'm quite sure. No land for them in Lagos, Ekiti-Ketes are the most stubborn Yoruba's, no marauders can't take their land for grazing whatever.

The Bill must be killed and rejected.

Say NO to Fouta Jalons.

Alaabaa.

of course that nonsense cannot even work in Ekiti. the land in Ekiti has owners and no way an Ekiti man that doesn't sell land to a foreigner to build on or farm will allow his land go to Fulani herdsmen

the Fulanis need to go back to fouta jalon if they need land so much
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
first time this man will impress me with his talk.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
there are better ways to ensure cattle have the requisite grass for grazing all year round other than waiting for farmers to plant their crops and then driving your cattle into their farmland.

I hope other governors can toe this line of reason as stated by Oyo state government.
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by 1stdammy: 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
pleasant to my hearing, but one thing is to say all what he said another thing is to stand firmly by it without compromizing. 'cos those politicians can't be trusted one bit, even tho he's my state governor............
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by Our5k(m): 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
feldido:
Now this is what I call Courageous Governor not some who asks their state to Fast when their people are dieing, Shey fasting go comfort a grieving soul?
The prayer might resurrect them. Silly governor forming born again grin
Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by ChristStriker(m): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
macof:

of course that nonsense cannot even work in Ekiti. the land in Ekiti has owners and no way an Ekiti man that doesn't sell land to a foreigner to build on or farm will allow his land go to Fulani herdsmen

the Fulanis need to go back to fouta jalon if they need land so much

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing by 1stdammy: 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
SleekAboki:

As if we r still in the military dispensation right Good of u, u talk well; continue u hear??........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Double Bomb Blasts In Maiduguri, Many Feared Dead / Asset Declaration: Saraki Ends Historic 14-day Cross-examination Of Witness / AfDB Appoints Rabah Arezki As Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.