Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? (5714 Views)

Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by bingbagbo(m): 8:21am On Apr 29, 2016
solite3:
Jesus a mighty God?how many gods do u av?

God is one.. Jesus is this same one God

Amen

Case closed
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 8:48am On Apr 29, 2016
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 8:49am On Apr 29, 2016
solite3:
Jesus a mighty God?how many gods do u av?

Isa 9:6

lets see: Do u agree with the scripture that Jesus Have A God he is subjected to ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by dolphinheart(m): 9:54am On Apr 29, 2016
solite3:
u re funny pls show me d verse where Jesus called his father Jehovah

you are the one playing funny, you are the one trying to paint jesus a liar, you are in league with those who had removed gods name from the scriptures.
you have been shown where Jesus called the name of his God. you refused that scripture, you are now asking me to show you again.

Let us even assume jesus did not mention that name, you are now using that to claim that Jesus was lying when he said he had made the name of the father known?
If jesus is not lying, what is the name of the father that Jesus made known if not JEHOVAH!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Emusan(m): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jozzy4:

u are speaking with jozzy4 not watchtower society . dont be an idiot

I know who I'm speaking with but I have to address your origin because watchtower society is the one that formatted your brain.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
Emusan:

I know who I'm speaking with but I have to address your origin because watchtower society is the one that formatted your brain.

preciousgirl , do you now see that the person u are defending is not okay ? grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
dolphinheart:

you are the one playing funny, you are the one trying to paint jesus a liar, you are in league with those who had removed gods name from the scriptures.
you have been shown where Jesus called the name of his God. you refused that scripture, you are now asking me to show you again.

Let us even assume jesus did not mention that name, you are now using that to claim that Jesus was lying when he said he had made the name of the father known?
If jesus is not lying, what is the name of the father that Jesus made known if not JEHOVAH!

haha there is only one name given to man,which the apostles used n that name is Jesus. even Jesus addresses God as father when teaching us how to pray not even Jehovah do u follow Jesus footstep in prayer? maybe not.case closed
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
@ solite3

Jozzy4:

lets see: Do u agree with the scripture that Jesus Have A God he is subjected to ?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by dolphinheart(m): 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
solite3:
haha there is only one name given to man,which the apostles used n that name is Jesus. even Jesus addresses God as father when teaching us how to pray not even Jehovah do u follow Jesus footstep in prayer? maybe not.case closed

So you are still calling jesus a liar, he did not make the fathers name known, yet he claimed to make the fathers name known!

If you believe in the scriptures and you believe Jesus made the fathers name known, pls tell us , what is that name?

your refusal to do so in your next post will solidify my beliefs that you are in league with those desperate to cover up the name which jesus had made known.

yes, there is only one name given, who gave that name? what is the name of the one who gave the name to mankind?

will be watching in 3D to see if you can answer.

another question I know you will evade: does jesus have a God that he is subjected to ?

do I follow jesus footstep in prayer? yes I do
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
how did Jesus manifest God's name?John10:30 I n my father are one n again Jesus says if u av seen me u av seen the father n if u knew Jesus u know d Father. the father is in Christ n Christ is in d father u just cannot separate them impossible.my friend there are things greater than man. d truth is God reveal his name in Christ Jesus,just as he reveal himself as Jehovah to moses so try to know Christ n u will know d father.shalom
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jozzy4:
@ solite3

do u agree with d verse DAT says Jesus is God?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
solite3:
do u agree with d verse DAT says Jesus is God?

Yes bro.

oya, do u admit Jesus have a God he is subjected to ?

watching ur answer in HD

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jozzy4:

Yes bro.

watching ur answer in HD
philipian2:7 Jesus made himself a servant so he can carry out d function of a servant do u now understand[b]
Jozzy4:

Yes bro.

watching ur answer in HD
philipian2:7 Jesus made himself a servant so he can carry out d function of a servant do u now understand[/b]
Jozzy4:

Yes bro.

watching ur answer in HD
philipian2:7 Jesus made himself a servant so he can carry out d function of a servant do u now understand.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
solite3:
philipian2:7 Jesus made himself a servant so he can carry out d function of a servant do u now understand[b]philipian2:7 Jesus made himself a servant so he can carry out d function of a servant do u now understand[/b]philipian2:7 Jesus made himself a servant so he can carry out d function of a servant do u now understand.

I know, do you agree with the Scripture that Jesus Have a God ? Eph 1:17

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jozzy4:

I know, do you agree with the Scripture that Jesus Have a God ? Eph 1:17
Jesus as a man has a God just like any man.OK i av answered all ur questions can u even and 1 of my questions?
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
solite3:
Jesus as a man has a God just like any man.OK i av answered all ur questions can u even and 1 of my questions?

Jesus has a God! fine thanks, thats the truth I want from you . cheesy

who is the God of Jesus christ ? Eph 1:17

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jozzy4:

Jesus has a God! fine thanks, thats the truth I want from you . cheesy

who is the God of Jesus christ ? Eph 1:17
go n read ur bible. case closed
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by peteregwu(m): 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
delishpot:

Thank you for such a positive response cool May your remaining days on earth also be full of confusion in the world of confusion you so elegantly placed me in. I hope your pill tastes as good in your mouth as you intended it to taste in mine.
NB..I have ported out of your world of concussion I hope you enjoy your stay in it though.

Last time I checked, even Jesus Christ did not mention the name of God.

What a pity, you don't know whom you believe in. You better ask God earnestly in prayer. You remind me of the Muslims who always shout "allah", without a name. Are you telling me now that God has no name? Every father has a name and their is no father without a name, therefore God has a name.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by delishpot: 7:39am On Apr 30, 2016
peteregwu:

What a pity, you don't know whom you believe in. You better ask God earnestly in prayer. You remind me of the Muslims who always shout "allah", without a name. Are you telling me now that God has no name? Every father has a name and their is no father without a name, therefore God has a name.

Shame on you. Each time you open your so called Christian mouth to speak, you project sadness and unworthyness. God must be ashamed of your effort at evangelism. Your father is the devil for now. He is just hiding his possession of you. Allowing you to mention the name JESUS! without falling over.
Your posts do not bring life, peace, self realization and light; rather they bring darkness, anger, frustration and revengeful spirits in those you speak to.
Cant you see? Please go for deliverance.
God reveals his name to those whom he will.
To everyone God is something. God was I Am to Moses, God was The Lord to Solomon and David, The only time God was recorded as giving a name God stated "I AM THAT I AM "
Every other so called names were coined by people in a bid to honour God.
You are as ignorant as they come. Less read, very less traveled and very less exposed to teachings of the world. I have decided to leave your shame alone so that the most high brings you out of that confused ignorant world You place yourself. When you are truly ready to seek the true God , you will see the difference in light you shine upon your fellow men. I choose to keep my head screwed right in my neck.
I can Call God what ever name I want. Gods name is unknown to man. When you die and go to heaven(if you repent that is) then you may know tge name of your maker for sure.
What ever name you mention is the name given to you by man. You have no proof that it is Gods very own name.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Jozzy4: 10:02am On May 01, 2016
solite3:
go n read ur bible. case closed
you who have read ur bible, tell me: who is THE GOD of Jesus Christ ? Eph 1:17

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by dolphinheart(m): 11:05am On May 01, 2016
dolphinheart:

So you are still calling jesus a liar, he did not make the fathers name known, yet he claimed to make the fathers name known!

If you believe in the scriptures and you believe Jesus made the fathers name known, pls tell us , what is that name?

your refusal to do so in your next post will solidify my beliefs that you are in league with those desperate to cover up the name which jesus had made known.

yes, there is only one name given, who gave that name? what is the name of the one who gave the name to mankind?

will be watching in 3D to see if you can answer.

another question I know you will evade: does jesus have a God that he is subjected to ?

do I follow jesus footstep in prayer? yes I do

Solite3, still waiting for response

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 01, 2016
[b][/b]
dolphinheart:

u and those questions. God's name has always been Jehovah since d days of moses.how will Jesus be revealing a name d Jews already know? U re not making sense. I asked u a question n u re asking me back? Common u re better than that show me the verse where Jesus personally said my father's name is Jehovah.yes Jesus quoted d scripture but that was not Christ own personal words was it? So d ball is on ur court
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 01, 2016
dolphinheart:

u say u follow Jesus footstep in prayer did Jesus ever mention Jehovah in prayer? pls be objective
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by dolphinheart(m): 5:18pm On May 01, 2016
solite3:
[b][/b] u and those questions. God's name has always been Jehovah since d days of moses.how will Jesus be revealing a name d Jews already know? U re not making sense. I asked u a question n u re asking me back? Common u re better than that show me the verse where Jesus personally said my father's name is Jehovah.yes Jesus quoted d scripture but that was not Christ own personal words was it? So d ball is on ur court

your attempt at not telling the truth will not work, you refused to quote my post where the questions was asked so as to answer a question I did not ask.
you also did so so that you will not answer other important questions, expecially the one you had been asked several times.
do not digress or infuse into the question something I did not ask you.

I asked you: jesus said he made the name of the father known, do you agree with jesus or you feel jesus lied?

If you feel jesus made the name of the father known, pls tell us, what is that name?

I also asked you:

I also signified you will evade this question and you did not prove me wrong:
does Jesus have a God that he is subjected to ?

note: I did not ask you gods name, I asked you the FATHER NAME?, even if you think God and the father are the same person, pls stick to the question and answer it!

you are just trying to bring an issue which you think will help you to call jesus a liar, Jesus would have on several occasions made the name of the father known as he said he had done. that you can't see in the NT where Jesus called the fathers name does not mean.
1. that Jesus lied when he said he had made the name known
2. that Jesus did not mention the fathers name
3. that the father has no name.

It means
1. your for father's have been partially successfully in their attempt to remove the fathers name from the NT, they could have been more successful with the OT if they had been in control of all the copies.

Jesus quoted an OT verse in whicH the name of the father is mentioned, but you feel jesus quoted that verse, but removed the name of the father when he made it known. There is nothing you guys will not do just to perpetuate this false doctrines.

It is recently that I now fully understood why God kept older manuscripts of the scriptures hidden. you would have tampered with it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by goodnews201668: 5:21pm On May 01, 2016
solite3:
[b][/b] u and those questions. God's name has always been Jehovah since d days of moses.how will Jesus be revealing a name d Jews already know? U re not making sense. I asked u a question n u re asking me back? Common u re better than that show me the verse where Jesus personally said my father's name is Jehovah.yes Jesus quoted d scripture but that was not Christ own personal words was it? So d ball is on ur court

The problem is with translation, God's personal name appeared several places in the Bible. But were obviously removed in line with the enemy's wish! The Devil doesn't want people to know and use God's personal name he wants people to remain in darkness.

For instance in matthew chapter 4 'Jehovah' was supposed to be there because Jesus was quoting a popular verse already know by the Jews.

Look at this translation:

(Matthew 4:10
Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Then Yeshua said to him, “Depart Satan, for it is written: 'You shall worship THE LORD JEHOVAH your God and him alone shall you serve.' “

Jesus here was clearly referring to someone different from him and that's the father!

Many translations have removed God's personal name here and replaced it with titles "lord and God"!

Now this is from wikipedia:

"Jehovah" was popularized in the English-speaking world by William Tyndale and other pioneer English Protestant translations such as the Geneva Bible and the King James Version.[2] It is still used in some translations, such as the New World Translation and Young's Literal Translation, but it is does not appear in most mainstream English translations, as the terms "Lord" or "LORD": used instead, generally indicating that the corresponding Hebrew is Yahweh or YHWH.[3][4]:5

So when Jesus said he has made God's name known he had his father's personal name in mind.
Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by dolphinheart(m): 5:40pm On May 01, 2016
solite3:
u say u follow Jesus footstep in prayer did Jesus ever mention Jehovah in prayer? pls be objective

yes!. even if I can't show you from the scriptures in which you had removed the name.

matt 6: 8,9
8 Be not therefore like them: for your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask him.
9 After this manner therefore pray: Our Father who is in heaven, hallowed be your name.

it is people like you that will love it that Jesus did not tell us the Hallowed name of the father we should use in our prayers. you wish is to pray to someone we dnt know his name so that you can attempt to switch names.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? by Preciousgirl(f): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
My God remains Jesus Christ of Nazareth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pic: The Lady Being Accused Of Blackmail By Apostle Suleman Releases Exclsv Pics / Unbelief: The Sin That Hinders Us / The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.