Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

My Nysc Experience A15 - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Nysc Experience A15 (1772 Views)

My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. / My NYSC Experience In Kano State / When Exactly Is A15 POP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nysc Experience A15 by roseval(f): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2016
Chapter one
It all started when I print out my letter, and I saw osun state. I was devastated when I saw it, I quickly Google the state to know things about it. I call all my friends no one was posted to the same state as me. I accepted my fate and started preparations for it.

When I got to the park, I saw most of pcm too I quickly join them. Since there was no direct vehicle to osun state, I join Akure vehicle. On getting to Akure I meet some people going to osun as well. We started gisting, one of D guy inside the vehicle started shivering, I ask me what the problem is he said he is scare. I joined the other talking about camp, one of the guys even said that he has a pack of condom, I was like what do u want to do with that cos it is just three weeks of camping, his answer was like shuo see this one o u think say I want go play for camp? I just kept mute and pray to God to see me through.

When we drop at the road leading to the same we saw a lot of bike men telling us that from that place to camp is 500hundred naira, we later agreed on 300, guess what the was was just some few blocks away. We pay them Sha since we have already agreed on it. Immediately we entered the camp cos it was already late, some soldiers at the gate search our boxes and bag, we were later directed to where we will get our sleeping foam and was given a room.

2 Likes

Re: My Nysc Experience A15 by roseval(f): 10:59am On Apr 27, 2016
Chapter Two
Inside the room, I met a lot of people from different tribes, the room was just congested. I just wanted to rest, cos I was having headache already and I was really hungry, the two girls that we came together were in my room as well, so the ask if I will join them to Mami market, I quickly said yes and we left. On getting to Mami we saw people already on thir white and white, I told them I was really tired, we got the food and left.

On getting to the room, all the socket in the room was destroyed, but only my bed side own was working, I removed my phone and charge, while one girl. Came with her extension and we both charge our phone. One Prayer warrior girl don't allow us to sleep with crying and prayers.
Around 3a.m I started hearing sounds, my friends which we came to camp together, slap me by saying babe let go and fetch water, I was this night still in my sleep, the other one was like this is camp not your home, I open my eyes I saw almost every one in the busy doing one thing or the other, I quickly jump up get my bucket and joined them.

After our bath we when to join the queue for registration, around 5a.m the soldiers came and chase us away to the fields, I was like Oga we are not corper yet, he answer and said mama if I catch you, we quickly join them at the field were, the camp director and other officials came and address us after that those of us on mufti were ask to go and register while those white fowl were ask to wait for training.

After our registration I was given a big khaki trouser and jungle booth that can swallowed my legs, my friends leg too, we where ask to look for someone and exchange, luckily for me I met one guy and we exchange and also become friends. I was given food ticket too but don't eat their food that afternoon cos I was beans and garri imagine, I left for Mami alone because my friends was yet to exchange theirs. On getting to Mami I met one otondo who paid for my food and drink and we became friends too.

I when to the hostel and sleep, putting my khaki and jungle booth, white vest inside my box and lock it. Latter the soldiers came to chase us out for evening parade, I lie to them that I just arrived and am yet to registered, I was to go and register while others were all match to the field for training.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience A15 by eebruboss(m): 11:41am On Apr 27, 2016
Na so you go stop?...

**grabs sits**
Re: My Nysc Experience A15 by roseval(f): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2016
Chapter Three
The next day, I woke up early took my bath and prepared when I heard the morning beagle, we all rush to the filed. The funniest part was that at 6a.m Nigeria will wake up and by 6p.m Nigeria will sleep again. I love the morning drills expecially the man o war drills with all those their stupid songs like, shoe get size, okirika get quality and eh eh yawa go dey if allawee no show yawa go dey etc. After the drills it was now time for breakfast, after that was the swearing in ceremony, after that we rest a little and it was time for lunch, after lunch drilling again.
The next Day activities has started like, games and sports, dance, miss coke etc. That night was our welcome party sponsored by Etisalat, it was fun, I started seeing things and I now believe all those things they say about camp, how funny human will just meet their self and glue to their selves as if the have known each others for ages. Kissing and romancing each other even saw a girl in my room since all of them use to charge their phones at my bed side, I was well known kissing a guy she just met, I was like na wa o.
The girls I mixed with was the type that don't like going out, even all the function I will have to force them out, the said they don't want to be disturb by guys. In my room we have the spirit ko ko, the one that will eat everything at the kitchen, the noise maker telling stories of their life, the forming type that pretend as if she does not go to the toilets, the ones that don't mark even one space in their food tickets etc.
Re: My Nysc Experience A15 by roseval(f): 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
Chapter five
Immediately I got my bed leave I headed to the hostel to rest while others were at the field training. Later in the evening one of my friend accompany me to Mami to get the some drugs, on getting they I meet one solider who ask me to double up since I was not wearing my cap, I couldn't run so I went to him and explained that I am not feeling well, he started abusing my father and calling me all sort of names.
He ask me to squat down, I told him that I can't even bend down, another one join him and said that if he slap me my eye will clear, I still pleaded with him, started abusing all igbo girls saying assuming is yourba girl that she will even kneel down and beg.
I was now provoke I told him Oga abeg I know my right, and am not feeling well, then another one came and collect my cap that I was holding in my hands and even remove my tack serving as our ld card and left.

The other soldiers ask me to better follow him and collect my property because he was wicked, I started following him and asking him Oga what is my offence, he took me to the assistant commander who was enjoying himself before you say hi, I started crying and the A-commander was like what is wrong with her, the solider was like Oga don't mind this gal o, her mouth was running like water before, truth be told I was really shouting then, but now cry is the only thing I have left.
The A-commander ask me to sit down and clean my face, I latter told him all the lie I have left and ending by saying I am not well at all. He ask weather I have eaten I say no he brought me food I told them to make it take away, he then ask me to mention they drugs I want to take, I mentioned all the names of drugs I knew, he ask the soldier to get it for me with his money and the other solider to get me drink, I told him that can maltina is preferable, all the things was brought to me I thank the A-commander very well and left with my goodies.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience A15 by Odunharry(m): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
Please include pix
Re: My Nysc Experience A15 by Gosj01(m): 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hmm
Re: My Nysc Experience A15 by roseval(f): 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
The gals at Ede camp

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience A15 by roseval(f): 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
Chapter six
After the situation with the soldiers, the next day was lecture period where we were taught how to greet in Yoruba by the Oba. I was so tired and weak because of the drugs I took, so I went to one of the soldiers that am not feeling fine, he just said mama go and sit down before u say "jack" I was on the floor, I fainted and was rush to my hostel.
The next day I met one otondo who we got talking and even exchange numbers. There was no endurance trek. So we have camp fire night, the best so far I really enjoyed myself, I drank a lot of drinks until I can't remember how I hot to my hostel, my friends said I misbehave I talk and laugh so much, that I disturb them alot that night.
The next day was Sunday our last Sunday in camp I woke up so late cos I was really messed up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will 2016 Batch A Stream II Corps Members Reaceive July Allawee? / List Of Over 60 Universities In USA & Canada That Don't Require IELTS Or TOEFL / Complgins From Students With No Jamb Reg Numba Misses Batch A. Awaitin Batch B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.