Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola (28254 Views)

Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 / Children Are Fearless, They Saw Me And Started Calling “atiku” - Former VP / Our Children Are Turning Into Prostitutes, We Are Suffering, Tell PMB -Lagosian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by BraniacX(m): 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
Sharrap fasho-LAI angry

Aferall, having constant electricity is not Rocket Science undecided

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by kajoula(m): 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
247frolicboss:
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, says his children are also facing the effects of the poor electricity supply presently being experienced in the country. He said they suffer from heat rashes, sweat a lot and also wonder what exactly he, as the minister in charge of power, is doing about the electricity challenge.

Fashola said this while speaking on Channels TV yesterday

"It's a very hot season of the year. I see my children too sweating, having heat rash and they look at me like what are you doing about this thing. Let me be very clear, this problem can be solved. It needs detailed and methodical approach. First work to do is to supply more gas because without gas, I am like a generator owner who can't get fuel, so I can't power my plants. There are errors of planning of yesterday but they are errors that can be corrected"he said.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/04/poor-electricity-supply-my-children-are.html

[size=18pt]APC ....Liars[/size]

Every enemy of nigeria ...........Fall down and die,die die die die die die ..........

3 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by travelpoint: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
Fashola is a disgrace to Yoruba race
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
babyoy:
Instead of criticising Fashola, why don't we suggest some solutions.
The best suggestion will be his sack!!! Fashola lacks the capability to handle power ministry

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by phemmie06(m): 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
Who will believe which of his children, or his generator a contra band for them
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by nkemjacob2(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
If ur children are suffering from heat and raches is it different from the once nigerians are suffering, must u announce it

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Jimi23(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
No sir ur children are not suffering the effects. The effects have been cushioned by the mouth watering salary u receive on a monthly basis which u get paid in order to give us power. U are not part of the masses. You can afford to have air-conditioners in ur home and cars 24/7. The masses cant. So who's fooling who? Elevate urself from being tagged Minister of Darkness by delivering constant power and not constant darkness to Nigerians. That is why you are getting paid sir. Enough of the stories. Get to work!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by kYjelly2: 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
babyoy:
Instead of criticising Fashola, why don't we suggest some solutions.

Here's a solution:

[size=30pt]COAL[/size]

angry

Ever heard of coal vandals before Didnt think so undecided

3 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by ipreach: 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Believe him at your own risk
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
jaybee3:

You are a resident critic without any technical grounding/depth

technical undecided as in 'technically' lipsrsealed
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by ahamonyeka(m): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
APC = Chain
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by ibietela2(m): 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
That Mikano in his compound is it for decoration?

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by taurusmena1(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
What a Bad and Naked LIE...who does he think he's fooling? Imagine him saying his kids have heat rashes. My poor neighbour whose wife just gave birth can afford to fuel and power his generator for a greater part of the day talk less of a past governor and presently a serving minister that has allocation of fuel for his needs...THUNDER wey go fire him dey do press up.after Saraki naim turn...#LeaveThrashForLawma

4 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by taurusmena1(m): 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
These people do not lack the ideas rather they lack the wherewithal to combat these challenges.
kYjelly2:

Here's a solution:

[size=30pt]COAL[/size]

angry

Ever heard of coal vandals before Didnt think so undecided
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by damocool(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by kbbanj10(m): 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
shame shame shame. deceit and shame everywhere. How I wish our minister remains silent playing blame game at this time speaks volume, very complicated can't understand

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by 2rutalk1: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
Nonsense! So power generation is now a rocket science? When you were running your mouth up and down you thought it was a bird of roses. Those who called you their Messiah didn't understand that you were sitting on billions of naira in Lagos State, which even the dumbest human on earth can use even 50% of the money to transform the State. Now the chips are down.

During GEJ's regime, you told the whole world that since the price of oil in the international market has fallen drastically, the price of PMS in petrol stations should be sold below N40 per litre. Now the price of crude oil has fallen far below what it was during GEJ's regime yet your government is selling a litre of fuel at N250. Hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Trexnemesis(m): 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
dunkem21:
He should just give us what the last administration was given us and we will be fine cool

It seems you don't know what you are talking about. Dumbo Jo did not face the problems this administration is facing now. His brothers did not vandalize gas lines. He did not bother to tackle the scam called oil subsidy because all of them were eating from it. Even to fight BH did not concern him, instead he supervised the stealing of the defense budget funds. And you expect a magician to fix the rot and effects of the chronic corruption Dumbo Jo left behind, all in few months!

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by kYjelly2: 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
taurusmena1:
These people do not lack the ideas rather they lack the wherewithal to combat these challenges.

Exactly, just selfish.

Or daft, dunno, but when u keep hearing no gas, no gas, no gas, no gas... U start to really wonder how daft they are.

Coal, hydro and even solar can make this country self sufficient.

-Revive coal mines and make coal the major source for power.

-build power plants next to gas plants, then run transmission lines instead of gas lines.

-build more dams

-use some forest land in the south and some desert land in the north to farm solar power. Plant solar panels back to back to back

Ediots undecided

4 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by MDOLOFU: 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Foolish Fashola... I couldn't help but laugh while perusing this hilarious statement. Was it not this same scammer who said "A responsible government can provide 24 hours electricity in six months"??. It's now time to provide the aforementioned, and they are giving us excuses rather, All of a sudden, Governance is now rocket science.
don't mind dem they keep lie in day by day fashola who hav a stand by gen is telling us his children sweat. God is watching all of us

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by orisa37: 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
Let there be improvement. We are not bokoharam.
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Macgabe(m): 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
oh! Is fashola telling us that he has no standby generator in his house? Do they still call us fools or what. Nigerians are watching, 2019 will soon be here....
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by nelsdavid(m): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
Sir if ur children suffer's heat rashes then we d poor masses suffer's chicken pox..abeg try talk true small na

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by damocool(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
Trexnemesis:

It seems you don't know what you are talking about. Dumbo Jo did not face the problems this administration is facing now. His brothers did not vandalize gas lines. He did not bother to tackle the scam called oil subsidy because all of them were eating from it. Even to fight BH did not concern him, instead he supervised the stealing of the defense budget funds. And you expect a magician to fix the rot and effects of the chronic corruption Dumbo Jo left behind, all in few months!
No, GEJ took a step further by engaging these same set of guys to secure the pipe lines but Prof sagay advised the present administration to disengage these guys, that they can't engage thugs to secure the pipe lines and the result is what we're experiencing now.. It's not that bad for people to take him accountable for what he spewed when they were begging for votes, he knew the situation in the power sector before beaten his chest to convinced us that all would be fixed in just 6 months... I think we should less blame GEJ now, all he owes Nigerian now is to return out money, if he stole any...

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Phobia1: 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Foolish Fashola... I couldn't help but laugh while perusing this hilarious statement. Was it not this same scammer who said "A responsible government can provide 24 hours electricity in six months"??. It's now time to provide the aforementioned, and they are giving us excuses rather, All of a sudden, Governance is now rocket science.
dats politics my dear. u say wateva u can to win. Its nt new...
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
omohayek:
What are all those criticizing Fashola expecting? Do you really imagine that contractual and infrastructural problems of long-standing can be magically resolved by any minister in the space of a few months, especially when the minister doesn't even yet have an augmented budget to work with?

Anybody who expects Nigeria's power situation to drastically improve overnight is living in a dream world. Suppliers are still not free to set their tariffs at true market rates, pipeline vandalism is ongoing and will likely be worsened by Buhari's policies, and there is nothing Fashola can legally do to force the courts to hurry up and decide contractual disputes between fuel suppliers, the discos, the gencos and PHCN. The problem with power in Nigeria has nothing to do with engineering and everything to do with economics/politics.
But you all hailed buhari when power supply was optimum in the first three months. Exactly what did buhari do in three months to keep your coke iced at that time?

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Btoyob(m): 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
I dey laugh o o o o o
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by lereinter(m): 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
247frolicboss:
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, says his children are also facing the effects of the poor electricity supply presently being experienced in the country. He said they suffer from heat rashes, sweat a lot and also wonder what exactly he, as the minister in charge of power, is doing about the electricity challenge.

Fashola said this while speaking on Channels TV yesterday

"It's a very hot season of the year. I see my children too sweating, having heat rash and they look at me like what are you doing about this thing. Let me be very clear, this problem can be solved. It needs detailed and methodical approach. First work to do is to supply more gas because without gas, I am like a generator owner who can't get fuel, so I can't power my plants. There are errors of planning of yesterday but they are errors that can be corrected"he said.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/04/poor-electricity-supply-my-children-are.html

your children that are not in nigeria

its not your fault

continue

you and your rubbish speaking colleagues

posterity is watching
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by phyla(m): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
Show us photos of their heat rash or shut up sir.Na so u use grammar scam lagosians
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by ogunsam75(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
u wil not read but rush to comment, in a simple analysis, the minister of light said it was the error of the past that gave darkness, but now the light wil come by correcting the past error

My brother, let be frank and put sentiment apart,the light problem has bn there for long he didn't start during the last govt tenure, so BRF should not put the blame on the last administration rather to try and fix t and if he cannot he should keep quite rather than saying all those trash! And moreover, so he want to tell me he cannot afford ' I pass my neighbor' generator to power the fan for his children? but he can create a personal website for millions. God dey
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by adconline(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
omohayek:
What are all those criticizing Fashola expecting? Do you really imagine that contractual and infrastructural problems of long-standing can be magically resolved by any minister in the space of a few months, especially when the minister doesn't even yet have an augmented budget to work with?

Anybody who expects Nigeria's power situation to drastically improve overnight is living in a dream world. Suppliers are still not free to set their tariffs at true market rates, pipeline vandalism is ongoing and will likely be worsened by Buhari's policies, and there is nothing Fashola can legally do to force the courts to hurry up and decide contractual disputes between fuel suppliers, the discos, the gencos and PHCN. The problem with power in Nigeria has nothing to do with engineering and everything to do with economics/politics.
because most of us with commonsense know that he's lying through his teeth- he has standby gens in his homes and offices in Lagos and Abuja- his kids are chauffeured around in an air-conditioned vehicle.
Nigerians are suffering huge economic losses as a result his inefficiency and the only he could relate with ur suffering is about his kids having heat rashes?? He's clearly bereft of what Nigerians are going thru!!

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by taurusmena1(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
I can see u are well versed after these numerous points of urs which i'm sure they are aware of. They keep saying we should not b dependent on crude oil yet they don't act their words.

Do you know power can be generated from poultry waste?that alone will be killing two birds with a stone by encouraging farming and generating power as well.

Them just give us Polithieftians in place of technocrats so I don't see anything being done.May God see us thru
kYjelly2:

Exactly, just selfish.

Or daft, dunno, but when u keep hearing no gas, no gas, no gas, no gas... U start to really wonder how daft they are.

Coal, hydro and even solar can make this country self sufficient.

-Revive coal mines and make coal the major source for power.

-build power plants next to gas plants, then run transmission lines instead of gas lines.

-build more dams

-use some forest land in the south and some desert land in the north to farm solar power. Plant solar panels back to back to back

Ediots undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign In Ebonyi State / Video Of Unknown Gunmen's Attack In Ezeiweka, Onitsha / Goodluck Jonathan Meets Kenneth Kaunda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.