Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification (21058 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / CCT Dismisses Saraki’s Motion Seeking To Disqualify Justice umar / Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
As the trial of the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, continues at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), the Chairman of the CCT has entertained the hearing of the motion to recuse himself filed by one of Saraki’s Counsel’s, Ajibola Oluyede.

Recall that at the Thursday, April 21st sitting of the tribunal, Justice Umar had lost his temper at Oluyede and repeatedly yelled at the Counsel to the Senate President to “Sit Down!” when the counsel attempted to bring up the motion relating to his bribery charges.

Oluyede, discussing the motion in court, cited reasons why Justice Umar should recuse himself, citing that Dan Ladi Umar’s relationship with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), as a suspect in a N10million bribery investigation, made him morally unjustified to sit on the case – because the EFCC was one of the investigating authorities in the case. Oluyede, also brought up Dan Ladi’s application for bail from the EFCC, where he stated that he would make himself available at anytime that the EFCC required him.

Many will also recall that the charges against the Senate President were filed in the days following the Senate’s investigation of the EFCC for diverting recovered public funds. In an investigation report by the EFCC dated 24th June 2014, the CCT boss and his erstwhile Personal Assistant, Gambo Abdullahi, are listed as suspects.

Paragraph 2 of the report, states that “Justice Umar made direct demand for the sum of N10 million to quash the charges against [the complainant], sometime in 2012. He disclosed that he was compelled to pay the sum of N1.8milion after persistent inundation with phone calls from Justice Umar.”

Oluyede also cited paragraph 4 of the report, that stated that “Available circumstantial evidence suggest that the Tribunal Chairman might have indeed demanded and collected money from the complainant through his Personal Assistant”.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/saraki-trial-cct-chairman-bows-entertains-motion-seeking-disqualification/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by SeverusSnape(m): 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
“Justice Umar made direct demand for the sum of N10 million to quash the charges against [the complainant], sometime in 2012. He disclosed that he was compelled to pay the sum of N1.8milion after persistent inundation with phone calls from Justice Umar.”

A thief trying another thief.

This reminds me of when another thief (Buhari) exonerated another thief (Abacha) from his looting.

Thieves and hypocrites in high places claiming saints.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by TippyTop(m): 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
Thanks for putting source to your thread, the other one had none.
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by bonechamberlain(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
finally, am sure umar has realized that no matter who his masters are, he is very expendable in this evil country.

8 Likes

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by diamondbility: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
Saraki should also step down as Senate president

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by madridguy(m): 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
Saraki is already a gunner looking for who to take along. Okay, you can go with Umar Danladi.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by icedfire(m): 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
I don't understand all this legal bull crap and I don't want to. All I want to see is saraki Out as SP, wearing pampers at kirikiri after he has been disvirgined (not dis flowered cos he ain't gat no flowers down there) via the anal canal

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
icedfire:
I don't understand all this legal bull crap and I don't want to. All I want to see is saraki Out as SP, wearing pampers at kirikiri after he has been disvirgined (not disflowered cos he ain't gat no flowers down there) via the anal canal
It's neither disvirgined or disflowered Sir. Your infatuation with the anal canal intrigues me Sir. Just passing by tho.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by icedfire(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
It's neither disvirgined or disflowered Sir. Your infatuation with the anal canal intrigues me Sir. Just passing by tho.

Let me reiterate you signature, If I agree with you, we will both be wrong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by kcnwaigbo: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
madridguy:
Saraki is already a gunner looking for who to take along. Okay, you can go with Umar Danladi.

Justice Umar should immediately be suspended by the senate while the presidency forwards the name of the next CCT chairman to the senate for confirmation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
Vanguard and their type of news

1 Like

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by kcnwaigbo: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
icedfire:
I don't understand all this legal bull crap and I don't want to. All I want to see is saraki Out as SP, wearing pampers at kirikiri after he has been disvirgined (not disflowered cos he ain't gat no flowers down there) via the anal canal

the CCT does not have any powers to send anyone to kirikiri

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by Achuwa1(m): 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
sorry bro,saraki will remain ur senate president till 2019.unless if pmb resigns then we can beg saraki to resign too.

8 Likes

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by olafum1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
sad
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by Ratello: 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
This is the ideal time for Saraki to resign as SP in the interest of peace.....
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by galadima77(m): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

A thief trying another thief.

This reminds me of when another thief (Buhari) exonerated another thief (Abacha) from his looting.

Thieves and hypocrites in high places claiming saints.

Abi GEJ granting presidential pardon to Diepreye Alamieyeseigha

20 Likes

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by olapluto(m): 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
Saraki trial will be televised live. Justice Umar of the CCT has said that the trial will be open to all Nigerians and he will allow live broadcast if an application for such is made.
Umar also banned security agencies with weapons inside the court.
Umar laying down the rules!

Channels TV should broadcast this live to all Nigerians worldwide. It should be a spectacle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by Zico5(m): 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
Let them play whatever game they like, saraki will surely go down. Let Umar hands over to another judge, justice will surely be done.
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by SeverusSnape(m): 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
galadima77:

Abi GEJ granting presidential pardon to Diepreye Alamieyeseigha
GEJ wasn't a thief. Let's assume he is, So Buhari should be doing the same??... Talk about "change".

6 Likes

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by Segadem(m): 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hmmmmm
SeverusSnape:

GEJ wasn't a thief. Let's assume he is, So Buhari should be doing the same??... Talk about "change".
[size=14pt]Yeah he wasn't a thief but most corrupt president Nigeria ever had[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by jlinkd78(m): 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
f
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by Segadem(m): 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ratello:
This is the ideal time for Saraki to resign as SP in the interest of peace.....
yeah
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
The allegation doesn't make much sense “Justice Umar made direct demand for the sum of N10 million to quash the charges against [the complainant], sometime in 2012. He disclosed that he was compelled to pay the sum of N1.8milion after persistent inundation with phone calls from Justice Umar.”

Both parties should be thoroughly investigated instead of speculating.
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by dammytosh: 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
clowns.

Have you seen Saraki defended himself ?

Go and check all his applications.

He is a confirmed criminal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by hushshinani(m): 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
na wetin dem say make u come do for there be dis...
see mumu lawyer ooo... if needs to prosecute the CCT chairman comes,
No one will thwart EFCC to stop their investigations............................
Hush!!!
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by Montaque(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
I see this trial taking time. Those who expect an immediate trial will be disappointed, and saraki wont resign until it is concluded.
Umar's decision on this application will spell doom, either way it is decided.
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by emerged01(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Justice Umar should immediately be suspended by the senate while the presidency forwards the name of the next CCT chairman to the senate for confirmation

grin your post is very funny.
Saraki will go down first,he will not be the Senate president to confirm the new CCT chairman if Umar has to be replaced.
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by princeattah1: 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
No matter how you try to delay justice ; You'll definitely get served what you deserve there's no two ways about it .
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
This Sarak wants to stall his trial by all means
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by engrflames: 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
A thief judging the case of a thief, most Nigerians are so corrupt (in Buhari's voice)
Re: Umar Entertains Motion Seeking Self Disqualification by GoldenJAT(m): 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
war film.. who b actor and boss? make we know as this thing go end. suspense 2much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Claims On Coup Plot Not Correct – Akande / Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo / Makarfi Cautions Fayose Against Campaign For 2019 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.