Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (35788 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ugosample(m): 12:00am On Aug 19, 2016
popizaino:
why.know that am currently in Abidjan though it's beautiful but as as beautiful not as abuja.

I have been ti both cities too, and to me, Abidjan floors Abuja hands down.

From the air, looking down at Abidjan's skyline, it was lovely and bright. Lit up like Europe.
But for Abuja shocked grin

Abeg make we leave story

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by popizaino(m): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2016
Ugosample:

I have been ti both cities too, and to me, Abidjan floors Abuja hands down.

From the air, looking down at Abidjan's skyline, it was lovely and bright. Lit up like Europe.
But for Abuja shocked grin

Abeg make we leave story
thank God you said to you but to most people that have been to both cities will testify to abuja been currently the most beautiful city in West Africa .
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ugosample(m): 11:18am On Aug 19, 2016
popizaino:
thank God you said to you but to most people that have been to both cities will testify to abuja been currently the most beautiful city in West Africa .

Most people that I know say Abidjan is far better.
Abuja has no light, no water.
It's just a fancy dump to me.
How can you compare a city that has streetlights EVERYWHERE, running water even in the ghetto, and a working transport system (bateaux bus, costro, etc) to Abuja?

Even compare both airports.

Come on, stop sounding "patriotic" say the truth.

Anyway, it's your preference.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by popizaino(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ugosample:

Most people that I know say Abidjan is far better.
Abuja has no light, no water.
It's just a fancy dump to me.
How can you compare a city that has streetlights EVERYWHERE, running water even in the ghetto, and a working transport system (bateaux bus, costro, etc) to Abuja?

Even compare both airports.

Come on, stop sounding "patriotic" say the truth.

Anyway, it's your preference.
if you had compared them in that aspect then abuja wouldn't have come next to abidjan.abidjan is something else with constant power supply as well as adequate water supply which I think is what is comparable to what you have in most developed country. What I actually meant was house for house slum for slum aesthetically abuja is more beautiful

2 Likes

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ugosample(m): 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
popizaino:
if you had compared them in that aspect then abuja wouldn't have come next to abidjan.abidjan is something else with constant power supply as well as adequate water supply which I think is what is comparable to what you have in most developed country. What I actually meant was house for house slum for slum aesthetically abuja is more beautiful

Abeg Abuja na yeye beside Abidjan to me.Though Abuja pretty too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Harzontorh: 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
Remember They Have :

-African beauties too (Petite Zota)
-Celebrity Billionaires too (Dj Arafat)
-Night like no other ( Cocody Street rays)
-Yet Celebrity Thrillionaires too (Serge Beynaud)

#AfricaIsAPlace!
#TheAfricaYouDontSeeOnTv

Just a freestyke post.

1 Like

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ugosample(m): 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
Harzontorh:
Remember They Have :
-African beauties too (Petite Zota) -Celebrity Billionaires too (Dj Arafat) -Night like no other ( Cocody Street rays) -Yet Celebrity Thrillionaires too (Serge Beynaud)
#AfricaIsAPlace! #TheAfricaYouDontSeeOnTv
Just a freestyke post.
Trillionaire
You don't mean it
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by kinz17: 11:39am On Apr 29, 2017
I really wanna visit there soon how.can i travel down there
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 08, 2017
19naia:
Ah yes. The food there is also very tastey. I enjoyed my time there late last year.
Nice one. Was language not a challenge or do they speak english?
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ugosample(m): 8:07am On Aug 08, 2017
Durentt:
Nice one. Was language not a challenge or do they speak english?

Most Ivorian don't speak English

Except the posh ones who went to those posh schools.

4 Likes

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 08, 2017
Ugosample:

Most Ivorian don't speak English

Except the posh ones who went to those posh schools.
thanks. Hôtel services also in french?
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ugosample(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2017
Durentt:
thanks. Hôtel services also in french?
most
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by nuellag: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2018
hi...
@harzontorn
pls how can I contact you regarding the things about Abidjan ??
please I really need to contact you because of the plans am carrying on please, I will be appreciated if you will answer me
pls you can email me @emmanuellag52@gmail.com
thank you in advance
waiting for your reply
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ndipe(m): 4:12am On Jun 06, 2018
Very beautiful. Yeah, I have heard it's the most beautiful city in West Africa.
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
Truly ivory coast is beautiful and very neat.. The roads are good, constant electricity and very hospitable.
Driving though plateau,cocody at night and no traffic all the way. Guess what, no traffic wardens in the country yet people are disclipled enough to respect the traffic light...
Less than a week here with my family and the kids are having fun, simple cars on the road, the people have a good and content disposition to life, no hurry and jumping...
We intend to check out the beach this weekend, i hear its an amazing place to be.

5 Likes

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
Residence attack, beside the stadium...

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by michaeladesiyan: 7:14am On Aug 18, 2018
Rizzoli:
Truly ivory coast is beautiful and very neat.. The roads are good, constant electricity and very hospitable.
Driving though plateau,cocody at night and no traffic all the way. Guess what, no traffic wardens in the country yet people are disclipled enough to respect the traffic light...
Less than a week here with my family and the kids are having fun, simple cars on the road, the people have a good and content disposition to life, no hurry and jumping...
We intend to check out the beach this weekend, i hear its an amazing place to be.

Please bro I'm planning visiting with my perps too. What are the cost implications? Pls email me . I have sent u a mail request. Planning to visit abidgan soon
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 18, 2018
michaeladesiyan:

Please bro I'm planning visiting with my perps too. What are the cost implications? Pls email me . I have sent u a mail request. Planning to visit abidgan soon
Okay I will check and revert, but things are not very cheap here like people think, it's just the difference in value of currency that makes it seem cheap.
For instance a big bottle of Eva water here cost 500cfa , while in naija it cost about 150naira.
But u will be getting value for your money, and their are basic amenities light,good roads,hospitals ,
The money u would have spent buying generator u can save here, and taxi fare...most importantly the stress free environment cannot be quantified

5 Likes

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2018
michaeladesiyan:

Flight ticket is bout 200k to and fro, I hear ABC and other transport buses can take u by road ,about 2 day journey.
A self contained apartment all ensuite can take a family of 3 or 4 with 2 young kids..cost about 50-80 thousand cefa per month .
All u need do is buy food stuff from the market and cook in your apartment so it still cut down the cost. U will need like 30,000 for foddstfuff for a week

4 Likes

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by COMPAQ(m): 7:29am On Aug 19, 2018
And the country no get oil o! We have wasted our oil wealth for over 50 years now. Nigerian infrastructure should be far better than it is now.

1 Like

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ugosample(m): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2018
COMPAQ:
And the country no get oil o! We have wasted our oil wealth for over 50 years now. Nigerian infrastructure should be far better than it is now.

well well

Ivory coast have better managers than Nigeria

Nigeria is probably one of the worst managed country in this universe

4 Likes

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ndipe(m): 1:04am On Nov 13, 2018
Seen pictures of Cocody, very beautiful city. Which one is more beautiful, Cocody or Lekki?
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Macabinha: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2018
Harzontorh:

No, my brother. Abidjan is not the same as the one of 2010/11. I am quite sure thats when you were there last. You can ask of anyone that has visited the beautiful city. and please, never compare Abuja, please. what beauty does Abuja have. I believe in Pictures. do they boast of any 5 skyscrapers there, is there even a skyline in Abuja. Only Lagos can be compared to it within west Africa. Pls never say Abuja again. Abidjan is compared with Casablanca, Blida, Algiers, Bloemfotein and other Big African city not expensive life of Nigerian politicians in Abuja.

do you compare cities based on skyscrapers? then why is Port Louis ranked higher than Johannesburg despite all her skyline? Abuja far ahead of Abidjan for your information

2 Likes

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by vinlyreeks(m): 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2019

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by brainbox80: 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
popizaino:
initially 150000# should be OK for one months vacation but due to devaluation on the naira against so many currencies including the cfa I doubt if #200000 would be enough for one month.

BOSS, I'M SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING RELOCATING OUT OF NIGERIA. I CAN CONSIDER ABIDJAN OR ANY OTHER FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING PLACE. HOW DO I GO ABOUT THE VISA? MORE SO, DO WE REALLY HAVE NIGERIANS OVER THERE, CAN THEY HELP RECEIVE A BROTHER? WELL, MAYBE YOU CAN HELP A BROTHER WITH ANY USEFUL INFORMATION PLS COS I STRONGLY DESIRE TO LEAVE ASAP.
ADD ME UP IN WHATSAPP WITH THIS NUMBER : 08133845035
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by popizaino(m): 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ndipe:
Seen pictures of Cocody, very beautiful city. Which one is more beautiful, Cocody or Lekki?

The houses in lekki are definitely more beautiful but cocody beats its to landscaping.
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Emerson195: 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
popizaino:

The houses in lekki are definitely more beautiful but cocody beats its to landscaping.
expectedly. Lekki is a new kid on the block na. New designs.

1 Like

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Cvesta(m): 12:57am On Apr 29, 2020
popizaino:
why.know that am currently in Abidjan though it's beautiful but as as beautiful not as abuja.
what is so special about this Abuja that I live? Only central area stands out and it is a small part of Abuja. I understand Abuja is fine and organise by Nigerian standard

1 Like

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by popizaino(m): 7:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Cvesta:
what is so special about this Abuja that I live? Only central area stands out and it is a small part of Abuja. I understand Abuja is fine and organise by Nigerian standard

Based on West Africa standard, Abuja is special and deserves every hype. The kind of houses built are what makes it stand out for me.
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Cvesta(m): 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
popizaino:

Based on West Africa standard, Abuja is special and deserves every hype. The kind of houses built are what makes it stand out for me.
There aren't much architectural masterpiece if that is what you mean. Algiers and Dakar are better with the European styled buildings
Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by popizaino(m): 2:34am On Apr 30, 2020
Cvesta:

There aren't much architectural masterpiece if that is what you mean. Algiers and Dakar are better with the European styled buildings

Lol. cheesy

Anyway Just check out few parts of Abidjan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfueSIqeN3w

3 Likes

Re: THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) by Ndipe(m): 2:52am On Jan 30, 2022
I have heard that Abidjan is the most beautiful city in West Africa. Is that true?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flood Swept People Away In Saki, Oyo State (video) / How To Survive A Plane Crash (with Illustrative Pictures) / Picture Of Flt Lt. Ebitimi Owei One Of The Victims Of The Crashed Fighter Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.