Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post (2256 Views)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Muhammad The Noble Prophet And Jungle Justice / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by ilyasmuy: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
Part 1:

The time has come for Christians and Muslims to make peace between our communities. Christians and Muslims already make up more than half of the global population, and these numbers are expected to grow in the coming decades; according to the Pew Research Center, by 2050, two thirds of humanity, some 5.7 billion people, will be either Christian or Muslim.

Our planet simply cannot afford another century of misunderstanding and violence between these two communities. The challenges we face as a global human family are profound: ongoing warfare and nuclear proliferation, global poverty and economic inequality, climate change and ecological degradation. How will humanity handle these crises and others if our two largest religious communities are embroiled in constant conflict, if misunderstanding defines our relationship? As contemporary theologian Hans Kung has argued for decades, there will be no peace between our nations without peace between our religions. Now is the time to transform the way Christians and Muslims see and relate to each other.

In an earlier blog on the Huffington Post about the problem of Christian Islamophobia, I argue that Christians have the opportunity to transform the way we see Islam and Muslims by accepting Muhammad as “Spirit of Truth.”

Historically, most Christian theologians—including John of Damascus, Thomas Aquinas, Dante, Nicholas of Cusa, and Martin Luther—have seen Muhammad not as a “Spirit of Truth” but as a “Spirit of Error,” a false prophet or heretic. There are many Christians today who respect the Islamic tradition and would never make such an offensive statement about Muhammad.

However, the majority of Christians still maintain a fundamentally Islamophobic position on Muhammad. So I believe that the time has come for peacemaking Christians to contradict this position directly. Changing our view of Muhammad—so that we recognize him as a true prophet rather than discredit him as a false prophet—would effectively inoculate Christians against Islamophobia and would help to establish a new paradigm of cooperative Christian-Muslim relations.

In Jesus’ farewell discourse in the Gospel of John (chapters 14 to 16), Jesus speaks about the coming of the “Spirit of Truth” or “Advocate” (in Greek, parakletos). For centuries Muslim interpreters have seen Muhammad as this “Advocate,” based on Qur’an 61:6, a verse in which Jesus predicts the coming of a future prophet named Ahmad: “O Children of Israel! Truly I am the Messenger of God unto you, confirming that which came before me in the Torah and bearing glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me whose name is Ahmad” (61:6, The Study Quran). Ahmad, which is another name for Muhammad, is very close etymologically to the Greek word, parakletos, so it is likely that the Qur’an is claiming that Jesus’ farewell discourse in the Gospel of John predicts Muhammad. The major objection to applying these predictions to Muhammad or any other prophet is that Christians normally read them as part and parcel of Jesus’ promise of the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus’s promise of the Holy Spirit is an essential part of the Christian faith and my interpretation of Muhammad as Spirit of Truth affirms this. John 14:16-17 and 14:26 are clearly about the promise of the Holy Spirit: in John 14:16-17, the Advocate or Spirit of Truth is spoken of as an everlasting, invisible, abiding, inner presence; in most manuscripts, this Advocate is even directly called “the Holy Spirit” in John 14:26. But as Jesus’ farewell discourse proceeds these titles become multivalent and, in John 15:26-27 and 16:7-15, they begin to refer more to a future prophet than to the Holy Spirit. Some Muslim interpreters who identify Muhammad with the Advocate argue that this title does not refer to the Holy Spirit at all—and that the text of John has been corrupted so as to obfuscate its direct link to Muhammad. But I believe that the titles Spirit of Truth and Advocate are used in the Gospel of John, first of all, to speak about the promise of the Holy Spirit—and I do not believe that the text has been changed to hide anything. This interpretation of John opens us up to Muhammad as Spirit of Truth in a way that affirms the integrity of the Christian tradition. But before I explain the fine details of my exegesis I want to speak briefly to the big picture of why the Gospel of John, in particular, tells us that Jesus predicts a future prophet.

Part 2:

The Gospel of John is the latest canonical version of the Gospel—it was written at least a generation after the synoptic gospels and probably two generations or more after Paul’s letters. The author of the Gospel of John, often called the beloved disciple, claims to be the last living witness to the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In a passage at the end of the Gospel he tells a story about an encounter with the risen Jesus that made him and others believe that he would live to see Jesus’ second coming.

Peter turned and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them; he was the one who had reclined next to Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is it that is going to betray you?” When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord, what about him?” Jesus said to him, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? Follow me!” So the rumor spread in the community that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?” This is the disciple who is testifying to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true. (John 21:20-24, NRSV)
This passage shows us that the author of the Gospel of John is in a different paradigm than earlier New Testament authors insofar as he no longer expects Jesus’ imminent second coming. Paul, for example, who wrote in the decades immediately following Jesus’ death and resurrection, believed that Jesus would return while most of the people he was preaching to were still alive. The author of the Gospel of John looks for new meaning in Jesus’ promise of the Spirit of Truth or Advocate because he realizes he will die before Jesus returns. When his Gospel was published he was likely already dead and his community was looking forward into a longer and more complicated future than originally expected.

The Gospel of John plays a similar role for the New Testament as Deuteronomy does for the Torah. Deuteronomy is the latest text of the Torah—it reiterates the Law of Moses as told in the four earlier books—and like the Gospel of John it predicts a future prophet:

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put my words in the mouth of the prophet, who shall speak to them everything that I command.(Deut 18:18-19, NRSV)
Both Deuteronomy and the Gospel of John are reflections on specific revelations—the Torah and Gospel—and both indicate that there is more revelation to come. The Gospel of John’s language for the Spirit of Truth or Advocate is strikingly similar to Deuteronomy’s: “he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come” (John 16:13, NRSV).
Like Deuteronomy, the Gospel of John opens up an expectation for future revelation. John’s prophecy is not so specific that it must apply to Muhammad and only Muhammad. But insofar as the Qur’an makes the claim that Muhammad is the Spirit of Truth or Advocate that Jesus foretold, a strong interpretive option emerges for Christians to receive Muhammad as a prophet that Jesus predicts when he says:

I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, because he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine. For this reason I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you. (John 16:12-15, NRSV)
In this passage, the description of the Advocate or Spirit of Truth is qualitatively different than earlier mentions. Here we see the Spirit of Truth speaking not through the disciples but to them. Earlier, in John 14:17, Jesus says that this Spirit of Truth will abide with his followers and be in them; throughout the Gospel of John the Holy Spirit is spoken of as an abiding, inner presence. Again, in 14:26, Jesus says that the Advocate will “remind you of all that I have said to you.” In these passages, Jesus is talking about the Holy Spirit who helps his followers understand what he has said. Essentially, this would have been the experience of the beloved disciple, the author of the Gospel of John, who was guided by the presence of the Spirit in remembering and interpreting Jesus’ words and deeds (which he does spiritually rather than literally). However, in John 16:12-15, Jesus is talking about a Spirit of Truth who will bring forth new revelations, who will say the “many things” that Jesus does not say because his followers “cannot bear them now.”

The clear distinction is that the Spirit of Truth in John 16 is predicted to declare new revelations not merely remind Jesus’ disciples of what he already said, as in John 14. The idea that he will “declare to you the things that are to come” is especially important because it acknowledges the uncertainty about the future that Jesus’ followers faced, given the fact that he had not returned as soon as expected. Jesus asserts that this future prophet will glorify him by declaring a new revelation that will come from the same source as his message: God. This discourse is designed to open the minds of Christians to receive a future revelation not as something that competes with or diminishes the Gospel, but rather as something that glorifies Jesus. Unfortunately, these words in the Gospel of John have been totally missed by Christians who reject and belittle the Qur’an; we have for the most part completely ignored the unity of the Gospel and the Qur’an in terms of their common revelatory source. However, if we take Jesus’ words seriously, we have the opportunity to receive the Word of God in the Qur’an in accordance with Jesus’ promise that the Spirit of Truth “will take what is mine and declare it to you.” We can accept the Qur’an as a revelation, not in opposition to the Gospel, but in unity with the Gospel and the will of Jesus.

Part 3:

In the First Letter of John, which was written after the Gospel of John and is very similar to it, we find a continuation of the Gospel of John’s multivalent way of speaking about the Spirit as applying to the Holy Spirit as well as to prophets inspired by the Spirit. In 1 John 3:24 and 1 John 4:13, the author speaks about the gift of the Holy Spirit and how it abides in Jesus’ followers. But in 1 John 4:1-6, in between these mentions of the Holy Spirit, the author speaks at length about testing the spirits. In these verses the word “Spirit” is used to talk about prophets and how to tell whether they are true or false:

By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. (1 John 4:2, NRSV)
The author contrasts “the Spirit of God” with the “Spirit of Anti-Christ,” those who are “from God” with those who are “from the world,” and “the Spirit of Truth” with “the Spirit of Error.” This discourse, again, is strikingly similar to the discourse in Deuteronomy about future prophets that I quoted above.

In Deuteronomy 18:20-22, after the promise of a future prophet in 18:18 and the commandment to listen to that prophet in 18:19, criteria are laid out to distinguish a true from a false prophet. Deuteronomy threatens that a prophet who speaks for another god or who falsely speaks on God’s behalf “shall die” (18:20). It also advises the Israelites to ignore prophets who prophecy falsely:

If a prophet speaks in the name of the Eternal but the thing does not take place or prove true, it is a word that the Eternal has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; do not be frightened by it. (18:22, NRSV)
In the same way, but using different criteria, the author of 1 John defines true prophets and false prophets relative to their allegiance to Jesus, God, and the early followers of Jesus. Part of the dynamic of the early community of Jesus’ followers was that many claimed the inspiration of the Spirit and prophesied. The author of 1 John is especially worried about Docetic versions of Christianity that had developed denying that Jesus “came in the flesh”; in these versions of Christianity Jesus was not an actual human being but rather an angelic being that only appeared to be human. Such a version of Christianity, obviously, would have been quite disconnected from the actual teachings and values of Jesus of Nazareth and his earliest followers, who knew him as a real human being. It is worth noting that Muhammad meets these criteria insofar as the Qur’an affirms that Jesus is the Messiah and that he “came in the flesh.”

In the history of Christianity, all of the negative terms in 1 John 4:1-6 have been used against Muhammad. He has been identified with “the Spirit of Anti-Christ” and the “Spirit of Error.” However, the time has come for Christians to recognize how wrong we have been in these assessments and to correct the record by affirmatively identifying Muhammad with “the Spirit of Truth.”

When we look at Islam as a world religion, and see that 1.6 billion people and growing are following in the way of Muhammad, the time has surely come to recognize him as a prophet. If Muhammad is not a prophet, who is? It is understandable, really, that so many Christians have been defensive and have reacted negatively to Islam. That kind of group-ego, fear-based response is part of human nature. However, it is absurd for us to continue to see Muhammad as a heretical Christian or false prophet given that Islam has lasted for nearly 1,400 years, has supported monumental cultural, spiritual, artistic, political, moral, and intellectual achievements, and has a tremendous and vibrant global following.

There is no better candidate than Muhammad, no one in fact that comes even close, in terms of fulfilling Jesus’s promise of the Spirit of Truth who would bring forth a new revelation from God. I do not have space in this article to explore the many Qur’anic verses directly addressed to Christians, but if we were to receive them our religion would be transformed for the better and would come into balance with Judaism and Islam.

Jesus knew it would be difficult for us to accept his guidance from another source. But he did not want our fear of the apparent otherness of the Prophet Muhammad and the Qur’an to separate us from the Way, the Truth, and the Life; that is, the Word of God. This is why he spoke to the disciples reassuringly about the Spirit of Truth, saying, “he will glorify me”; and, for the same reason, he emphasized the unity of his teaching with the revelations to come, twice repeating the promise, “he will take what is mine and declare it to you” (John 16:14-15, NRSV). Based on the promises of Jesus, Christians can encounter the Qur’an without fear, knowing that it is a revelation which glorifies Jesus and, in a spiritual sense, is from him.

What we have in the Gospel of John is a biblical portal between Christianity and Islam. If we choose to walk through it in faith we will discover that our religions issue from the same divine source; we will discover that we are siblings in faith, meant to bear witness to the truth side by side (John 15:26-27) and collaborate in manifesting God’s will on Earth as it is in Heaven. I invite Christians everywhere to look carefully at our scriptures, search our souls, consider our history, and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit in answering this question: “Has the time come for Christians to see Muhammad as Spirit of Truth?”

SOURCE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ian-mevorach/did-jesus-predict-muhammad_b_9762934.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by ilyasmuy: 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
ABOUT THE AUTHOR Rev. Dr. Ian Mevorach holds a B.A. in Philosophy from Middlebury College, an M.Div. from Boston University School of Theology (BUSTH), and a Ph.D. in Theological Ethics and Constructive Theology from BUSTH. He is the co-founder and spiritual leader of the Common Street Spiritual Center in Natick, MA (www.commonstreet.org), which is an inclusive, love-centered community, rooted in a Christian faith that is open to all faiths. He is the co-founder of the American Baptist Churches Creation Justice Network and represents the American Baptist Churches USA on the board of Creation Justice Ministries, a national, multi-denominational environmental justice coalition. He is active in the movement for peace, justice, and the integrity of creation that includes people of conscience from all cultures, spiritualities, and generations. Jewish-Christian-Muslim dialogue, and interfaith dialogue in general, is one of his major passions. Please feel free to reach out to Ian by e-mail at ian@commonstreet.org
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
Was Muhammad a Spirit ?

Do human spirit referred to in capital "s" ?

Muhammad encouraged lie telling, is that the Spirit of Truth ? We read of Muhammad telling lies to deceive, is that the Spirit of Truth?

Bukhari (52:269) - "The Prophet said, 'War is deceit.'" The context of this is thought to be the murder of Usayr ibn Zarim and his thirty unarmed men by Muhammad's men after he "guaranteed" them safe passage.

Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people[b] by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar."[/b] Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.

Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permitted in order to deceive an "enemy."

The Spirit of Truth is the Holy Spirit that descended on the disciples on the Day of Pentecost. He is still descending on Christ believers till today.

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put my words in the mouth of the prophet, who shall speak to them everything that I command.(Deut 18:18-19, NRSV)

This passage is self explanatory. " from among their own people" This was an address to the Israelites by Moses when he was leading them to Cannan. Moses faced the Israelites and prophesied to them that God would raise a prophet like him among their own people. It was the Israelites Moses was
prophesying to and not Arabians. Muhammad's race was not among the people to whom Moses prophesied.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
ilyasmuy:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR Rev. Dr. Ian Mevorach holds a B.A. in Philosophy from Middlebury College, an M.Div. from Boston University School of Theology (BUSTH), and a Ph.D. in Theological Ethics and Constructive Theology from BUSTH. He is the co-founder and spiritual leader of the Common Street Spiritual Center in Natick, MA (www.commonstreet.org), which is an inclusive, love-centered community, rooted in a Christian faith that is open to all faiths. He is the co-founder of the American Baptist Churches Creation Justice Network and represents the American Baptist Churches USA on the board of Creation Justice Ministries, a national, multi-denominational environmental justice coalition. He is active in the movement for peace, justice, and the integrity of creation that includes people of conscience from all cultures, spiritualities, and generations. Jewish-Christian-Muslim dialogue, and interfaith dialogue in general, is one of his major passions. Please feel free to reach out to Ian by e-mail at ian@commonstreet.org

The falsehood in this is clearly noticeable. If the writer believes Muhammad is a prophet of God, why did he found a Church ? Why didn't he convert to islam ?

This is one of the tricks from the pit of hell to deceive ignorant Christians.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by smoy: 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
For God has taken it upon Himself to show the unbelievers from the horizons and even from them self that Allah is the Creator, Muhammad is seal of Prophet hood, Qur'an is guardian and Islam is the way. its left for you either to accept or reject but surely you shall face the consequence of your action on the day of reckoning.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by smoy: 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
truthmans2012:
Was Muhammad a Spirit ?

Jesus did not speak English, therefore, bring fort the Gospel according to Jesus Christ so we can now identified Spirit from spirit.

truthmans2012:
Muhammad encouraged lie telling, is that the Spirit of Truth ? We read of Muhammad telling lies to deceive, is that the Spirit of Truth?

Bukhari (52:269) - "The Prophet said, 'War is deceit.'" The context of this is thought to be the murder of Usayr ibn Zarim and his thirty unarmed men by Muhammad's men after he "guaranteed" them safe passage.

Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people[b] by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar."[/b] Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.

Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permitted in order to deceive an "enemy."

The Spirit of Truth is the Holy Spirit that descended on the disciples on the Day of Pentecost. He is still descending on Christ believers till today.
Why are you bitter, you also forgot Jesus and the caused tree ? and even coursed the generation of the Israelite, you forgot? read your bible pls

truthmans2012:
This passage is self explanatory. " from among their own people" This was an address to the Israelites by Moses when he was leading them to Cannan. Moses faced the Israelites and prophesied to them that God would raise a prophet like him among their own people. It was the Israelites Moses was
prophesying to and not Arabians. Muhammad's race was not among the people to whom Moses prophesied.
From your brethren according to the bible, Ishmael and Isac were among geology of his brotherhood. Moreover, who is then the one like Moses if not Muhammad SAW

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by Peritus(m): 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
The author should have started from verse 2 of John's Gospel chapter 16 that he quoted. verse 2 says, "the time cometh that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. (3) And these things they do unto you because they have not known the Father, nor me."
Judge this yourself. People are blind to discover that this prophecy till this moment is being fulfilled by a group of people in the name of religion.

John 14:16-17 says "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever. (17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be with you." There is no way on earth will this passage insinuate any other apart from the Holy Spirit.

How can Jesus that says we should love our enemies, pray for those who persecute us, do good to those who hate us and bless those who curse us(Mtt. 5:44) lay foundation for someone that literally killed and commanded the killing of those he termed infidels.
Op, your write-up belongs to the trash can.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy

Jesus did not speak English, therefore, bring fort the Gospel according to Jesus Christ so we can now identified Spirit from spirit.

Tell me of the coming of any prophet who the Bible referred to as Spirit.

Why are you bitter, you also forgot Jesus and the caused tree ? and even coursed the generation of the Israelite, you forgot? read your bible pls

Of what importance is the life of a tree, when Muhammad was committing genocide. You don't see anything wrong with Muhammad beheading people like Book Haram and ISIL, you are talking of Jesus cursing a tree, Smh !!!

Besides, how does cursing amount to telling lies? Very lame post of yours.

From your brethren according to the bible, Ishmael and Isac were among geology of his brotherhood. Moreover, who is then the one like Moses if not Muhammad SAW

Muhammad was not the brother of the Israelites. They were not from the same mother. You can at best call him half-brother. Ishmael's mother was a slave who was sent out of Abraham's house with him by God's permission. If God had wanted him as a prophet, He wouldn't have cast him out of Abraham's house.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by mustymatic(m): 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
The guy will never reason.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
Muhammad Was False A Prophet:

Muhammad could not be the prophet of the true God who said ''But the prophet who speaks a
word presumptuously in My name
which I have not commanded him
to speak, or which he speaks in
the name of other gods, that
prophet shall die.’(Deut. 18:20).

If a person delivers a revelation that doesn’t come from God, that person is a false prophet.

Muhammad delivered a revelation that didn’t come from God. He received revelation from Satan before Jubril said he didn't send him that message. By God's standard for His prophets, Muhammad ought to die. But the funny thing is that it was allahh himself that consoled him by lying that all prophets before him also received revelation from Satan. I have challenged muslims severaly on this forum to tell me who were the other prophets who also received revelation from Satan like Muhammad, no answer till now. Allahh lied.

Read the post here:

www.nairaland.com/2507051/muhammad-vs-other-prophets

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
Peritus:
The author should have started from verse 2 of John's Gospel chapter 16 that he quoted. verse 2 says, "the time cometh that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. (3) And these things they do unto you because they have not known the Father, nor me."
Judge this yourself. People are blind to discover that this prophecy till this moment is being fulfilled by a group of people in the name of religion.

John 14:16-17 says "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever. (17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be with you." There is no way on earth will this passage insinuate any other apart from the Holy Spirit.

How can Jesus that says we should love our enemies, pray for those who persecute us, do good to those who hate us and bless those who curse us(Mtt. 5:44) lay foundation for someone that literally killed and commanded the killing of those he termed infidels.

Thank you bro.

Was Muhammad invisible ?

How can anyone call a visible Muhammad Spirit ?
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by smoy: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
truthmans2012:
smoy

Tell me of the coming of any prophet who the Bible referred to as Spirit.
you mean other ones apart from Muhammad? as in John16.? and again what was the original word for Spirit from the Greek Bible since English was translated version.

truthmans2012:
Of what importance is the life of a tree, when Muhammad was committing genocide. You don't see anything wrong with Muhammad beheading people like Book Haram and ISIL, you are talking of Jesus cursing a tree, Smh !!!

Besides, how does cursing amount to telling lies? Very lame post of yours.
you wont me to tell you that jesus laid from your Bible then read John7:8-9 and then come back and tell me the Lie from your Lord,

truthmans2012:
Muhammad was not the brother of the Israelites. They were not from the same mother. You can at best call him half-brother. Ishmael's mother was a slave who was sent out of Abraham's house with him by God's permission. If God had wanted him as a prophet, He wouldn't have cast him out of Abraham's house.
both were all promised to make a great nation you remember? and Ishmael was recognized as the son of Abraham or you have Scripture that said son of slave can not be Prophet?
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

Muhammad could not be the prophet of the true God who said ''But the prophet who speaks a

If a person delivers a revelation that doesn’t come from God, that person is a false prophet.

Muhammad delivered a revelation that didn’t come from God. He received revelation from Satan before Jubril said he didn't send him that message. By God's standard for His prophets, Muhammad ought to die. But the funny thing is that it was allahh himself that consoled him by lying that all prophets before him also received revelation from Satan. I have challenged muslims severaly on this forum to tell me who were the other prophets who also received revelation from Satan like Muhammad, no answer till now. Allahh lied.

Read the post here:

I have established my points. Muhammad was a false prophet. Moses couldn't have prophesied the coming of a false prophet.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

Read the post here:

I have established my points. Muhammad was a false prophet. Moses couldn't have prophesied the coming of a false prophet. Period.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by smoy: 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

I have established my points. Muhammad was a false prophet. Moses couldn't have prophesied the coming of a false prophet.

answer my questions here i was not in that conversation
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
answer my questions here i was not in that conversation

I have no time for frivolous argument. You will do well if you can answer the long standing unanswered question:

Quran 22:52 YusufAli] Never did We send a messenger or a prophet before thee, but, when he framed a desire, Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in, and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom.

The above quranic verse was revealed following Satan casting some words into Muhammad's mouth (the Satanic Verses). Then Allah had to console Muhammad after his remorse for the error and Allah said ''there was no messenger he had sent that Satan didn't attemt to put words into their mouth but he usually cancelled such words.

My question is: Which of the past prophets received Satan's words like Muhammad that were cancelled?
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by smoy: 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

I have no time for frivolous argument. You will do well if you can answer the long standing unanswered question:

Quran 22:52 YusufAli] Never did We send a messenger or a prophet before thee, but, when he framed a desire, Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in, and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom.

The above quranic verse was revealed following Satan casting some words into Muhammad's mouth (the Satanic Verses). Then Allah had to console Muhammad after his remorse for the error and Allah said ''there was no messenger he had sent that Satan didn't attemt to put words into their mouth but he usually cancelled such words.

My question is: Which of the past prophets received Satan's words like Muhammad that were cancelled?
I will take this as sign of distress and act of coward. but again with time you shall know that Allah is One and Muhammad is His Messenger, but the soon the better.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by itcolony(m): 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
truthmans2012:
Was Muhammad a Spirit ?

You must either be foolish or an hypocrytes. Let me ask you a simple question. If an assassin come to your house and ask you the whereabout of your son in order to assasinate him. Will you reveal where he is hiding?

Do you know the meaning of war. You use all tactics to survive. War is deceit indeed.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
I will take this as sign of distress and act of coward. but again with time you shall know that Allah is One and Muhammad is His Messenger, but the soon the better.

Trash !!!

Even after you have seen that Muhammad was false.

Look at the statement from Jesus who you are lying that He called Muhammad Spirit:

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Jesus said it is the Gospel that should be preached till the end of the world, why would God still send Muhammad to bring islam? Islam is from the Devil and Muhammad is the Devil's prophet. Succinct !!!

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by analice107: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
Who then becomes the false prophet which Jesus Christ of Nazareth warned about, if Christians begins to see Muhammed as the true prophet.
This statement of yours is in itself an ANATHEMA.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by Nbote(m): 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
U do realise Islam and Muslims do not recognize Jesus as d Son of God and as such God... So whether U want to satisfy ur conscience into believing Christ predicted the coming of Muhammad with wateva write up u want to believe, to what end is it if dey still see Christians as non-believers and Christians too see dem as such...
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by smoy: 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

Trash !!!

Even after you have seen that Muhammad was false.

Look at the statement from Jesus who you are lying that called Muhammad Spirit:

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Jesus said it is the Gospel that should be preached till the end of the world, why would God still send Muhammad to bring islam? Islam is.from the Devil and Muhammad is the Devil's prophet. Succinct !!!
Now if you are back on this let take it from were you stop and don't run about and don't forget the lies of Christ.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by analice107: 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
For God has taken it upon Himself to show the unbelievers from the horizons and even from them self that Allah is the Creator, Muhammad is seal of Prophet hood, Qur'an is guardian and Islam is the way. its left for you either to accept or reject but surely you shall face the consequence of your action on the day of reckoning.
Which allahh is the creator? The allahh that Muhammed's grand father and father carried about as an idol into the Ka'aba? He created what Exactly?
A satanic Impostor, that Allah.
Anyway, it's Waraga bin Nawal I blame for mistaking the Demonic entity which almost choked life out of Muhammed to be Angel Gabriel. If not for Waraqa, Muhammed would ve just resumed serving Allah as a chief priest in the office of his progenitors before him.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
Now if you are back on this let take it from were you stop and don't run about and don't forget the lies of Christ.

Jesus is the way the TRUTH and the life ....(John 14:6).

Quran 19:19 Yusufali] He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son The holy son is Jesus.

You must be ignorant to say the lies of Christ.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by smoy: 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

Jesus is the way the TRUTH and the life ....(John 14:6).

Quran 19:19 Yusufali] He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son The holy son is Jesus.

You must be ignorant to say the lies of Christ.
i did not write the Bible but you did and so you said he laid and i just quoted your book, Jesus was among the greatest prophet of all time and we love Him more than you do. less i forget my questions begging for answer.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by smoy: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
Quran 19; Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East. (16) She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. (17) She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (Allah) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah." (18) He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son. (19) She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" (20) He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It is a matter (so) decreed." (21) So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place. (22) And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!" (23)
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
itcolony:

You must either be foolish or an hypocrytes. Let me ask you a simple question. If an assassin come to your house and ask you the whereabout of your son in order to assasinate him. Will you reveal where he is hiding?

Do you know the meaning of war. You use all tactics to survive. War is deceit indeed.

Who is this terrorist na ?

Is it only war you saw there?

See this again:

Muhammad the Deceiver

I am the best of plotters. I deceived them with[email] My guile[/email] (i.e my deception) so that I delivered you from them.
Ishaq:323

Muhammad confessed he is a deceiver. Is that your Spirit of Truth ?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
i did not write the Bible but you did and so you said he laid and i just quoted your book, Jesus was among the greatest prophet of all time and we love Him more than you do. less i forget my questions begging for answer.

Liar !!!

How do you love him ?

When last did you make mention of him ?

Is it not Muhammad rasul Lilah you shout from morning till night ?
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by Blackfire(m): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:

don't mind those Christians they don't know they can find mohamed in there books...
@annunaki, gimakon, truthhurt1,ari3l am sorry i will tell the truth today..

U can find it in the book of ABOUT TO BE MAD chapter 419 vs 419..

If u need more verses let me know.

*winks*
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by truthmans2012: 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
Look at muslims Spirit of Truth:

Muhammad the Deceiver

I am the best of plotters. I deceived them with My guile (i.e my deception) so that I delivered you from them.
(Ishaq:323).

Spirit of truth in deed.
Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by analice107: 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
Peritus:

John 14:16-17 says "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever. (17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be with you." There is no way on earth will this passage insinuate any other apart from the Holy Spirit.

Thank you very much. Give me that trash biko, let me dumb this trash in there.

They never ask themselves some salient questions raised in that passage.
Jesus said, the comforter shall live in us and the world won't see him
What the world can't see, is a spirit. Is Muhammed a spirit? Is he dwelling onside the bodies of muslims now?
How is Muhammed comforting them when they are the ones here wishing him peace every second?
How is Muhammed putting the church to remembrance the things Jesus taught?
Abeg OP, clear one side.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post by analice107: 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
smoy:
Allahh is Satan and Muhammed was his slave.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved / If I Had Been Converted By Billy Graham, I Should Have Been Dead Today! / The Real Source Of My Wealth- Pastor David Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.