Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,375 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:25 PM

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) (36198 Views)

5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving / The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads / The Major Cause Of Tyre Burst Accidents In Nigeria ( Pictures Included ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) by xest(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2016
ethene:

1. In a situation where ur vehicle is non-automatic, how do u handle the gear say u are driving with gear 4 before the burst?
2. Should one put off the engine using the key during a burst?
good question? No2
Re: How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) by NoQualms1(f): 6:09pm On May 01, 2016
This happened to me once on my way to work. I was trying to overtake another car. Next I heard was the very loud sound. I was destabilized for some seconds but was able to control the situation. Happened just after Ogudu bud stop inbound Toll-gate. Thank God for saving my life.

Thanks OP.
Re: How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) by yesboss20(m): 2:08pm On May 02, 2016
The simple way is by praying and keeping your eyes open! "And God shall give His angels charge over you."

My experience with this happened while I was driving the first time and while on a motorcycle the second time. On both occasions, all I can say is that God kept me and those in the vehicle. Nothing but thanks to God.

Yesboss!

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) by SenatorJames(m): 7:47pm On May 07, 2016
Nice information, though implementation of these advises will depends on if the driver is conscious when the incidence happens.
Re: How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) by kingboy(m): 10:47pm On May 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

copy and paste no de get ansa grin

leave it in 4th gear, and as the speed drops, down shift to a lower gear.

From personal experience with manual transmission....i was on 90 on the long bridge after berger when suddenly I heard a loud noise from the passenger rear tyre(i attributes the success to God), the ffing step was taking
1 I clutched down and disengage the gear from 4 to neutral
2. I began to use the steering wheel to control the vehicle from swerving into the wrong way( if the car is going to the left I will wheel it to the right and vise versa).
3. There was light traffic thus avail me the opportunity to negotiate to the slow lane.
Re: How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) by LuvU2: 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=Uncleodi post=45201401][/quote] Hi evening. Sorry for the bother. Pls i plead for your vote of my candidate,Falconey this saturday. You are free to check my signature for details.

I would keep u posted so u dont work urself up when searching for the voting thread.

Awaiting ur reply dear

1 Like

Re: How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
Kufie:
Very accurate. I've experienced this and in my case, at 182KM/H (2012 Mazda 3 (Axela)). The car was absolutely stable while I decelerated gradually till I came to a stop.
What the hell where you doing at 182

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) by Kufie(m): 2:43am On Jan 29, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

What the hell where you doing at 182

Lol grin
Re: How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) by Dtruthspeaker: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2019
Don't forget, blow out in a curve or bend or crater sized potholes... mmhm!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Got Burnt On 3rd Mainland Bridge Is Dead - PHOTO / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) / What Will Happen To The Odometer Of A Vehicle If The Engine Is Replaced???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.