Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,413 members, 7,800,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Rose - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Rose (632 Views)

A Rose In A Desert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rose by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
My emotions grew
Just as Adonis' death rings
Aphrodite knew
Not until her touch thus clings
Would I express my feelings

Show me the death spot
My lover is there; a Rose
This love is yet hot
She gives me love, like a dose
My body needs her for a pose

We were, before birth
Birthed with smiles of affection
Yet, and after earth;
Immortal love, emotions
Treasury of sensations

1 Like

Re: Rose by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
Analysis

The Tanka is about the death of Adonis, Aphrodite's lover. When he died flowers -Roses- grew at his death spot.

The poem uses the above story to create a love affection between a man and a woman named "Rose". The immortality of their love also gets it's root from the mythological love story between Aphrodite and Adonis.

joseph1832, Dklef, gracile
Re: Rose by JoeBlocks(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2016
Nice. But Tanka's are suppose to be written in a single verse, and the syllable structure is not complete in the first stanza, line 4.
Re: Rose by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Nice. But Tanka's are suppose to be written in a single verse, and the syllable structure is not complete in the first stanza, line 4.

Single verse ? Omg...thanks for the correction.
And for the line 4,i didn't see that coming. You've a good eye.
Re: Rose by JoeBlocks(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2016
TheAgba:

Single verse ? Omg...thanks for the correction.
And for the line 4,i didn't see that coming. You've a good eye.
Single verse = single stanza. LOL. Just keep on writing. And remember, whenever you read about a particular form or structure of a poem, make sure you do a thorough research about it, check at least three or four sites to know whether the form is the same with the others, because sometimes, these sites contradict each other.
Re: Rose by Nobody: 8:03am On May 01, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Single verse = single stanza. LOL. Just keep on writing. And remember, whenever you read about a particular form or structure of a poem, make sure you do a thorough research about it, check at least three or four sites to know whether the form is the same with the others, because sometimes, these sites contradict each other.
Thanks for that. I would do just that.
Re: Rose by JoeBlocks(m): 8:06am On May 01, 2016
TheAgba:
Thanks for that. I would do just that.
Awesome. Enjoy your day.
Re: Rose by Olakunle007(m): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Drunk Democracy / Season Of Silence(poem) / Bridge Of Chains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.