Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) (29907 Views)

Queen Of Aso Team Receive Warm Reception From Tourism Dg, Folarin Coker. / Folarin Alakija’s Wedding Beats Prince Harry And Meghan Markle’s Royal Wedding / #bbnaija: "Please Forget My Accent, Am One Of You" Uriel Begs Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by jazinogold(m): 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
grin
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by horpilow(m): 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
*in Adaku's voice * Sege bobo....falz the bahd guy wink*

1 Like

Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Bashainho: 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
Adebola02:
That accent and grammatical blunder by funke and falz in Jennifers dairy makes the TV series so boring. I was really pissed off.
Bros, u nid to see a counsellor. I think u av got more stress dan wat a comedy can reduce. EVERYBODY in my house loves and watches THAT T.V SERIES MEHN... AIT 7:30p.m on sundays and 1:30p.m on tuesdays; STv 8:00p.m on saturdays and NTA 8:00p.m on wednesdays. Lolll

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by olagamalin(m): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
Adebola02:
That accent and grammatical blunder by funke and falz in Jennifers dairy makes the TV series so boring. I was really pissed off.
To each his own. It's better you don't watch it again.... As you just expressed disgust for the highlight of the series
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by HomeOfMe(f): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
horizonhotspot:
Folarin ‘Falz’ Falana has in a recent interview revealed how his faux-accent started.

The Nigerian Artiste who is a law graduate and a Barrister revealed that the accent started with his siblings.

He added that his sisters could do a better representation of the accent than him.

The rapper revealed this in a chat with ‘The Bigger Friday Show’. he also opened up on his law career before making a full switch to music revealing that he represented clients in court for two years before the full time switch.

http://www.goldrushnews247.com/2016/04/how-i-started-with-my-accent-folarin-falz-falana/
:He doesn't look like his pop at all!
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
favoured234:

Delta state university, Abraka

See my peepos cheesy

Had so many wonderful experience in my life from that school.
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Sijo01(f): 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
SANDOSKI:

One man's food is another man's poison... lipsrsealed

Well said jare.
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
Sijo01:

Well said jare.

Thank you
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by seunny4lif(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
grin grin
vosquare:

*in falz voice* awon ti yabaleft da? Ewa wo member grin
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Bashainho: 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
favoured234:

Delta state university, Abraka
Even b4 i see ur reply to "which uni?", i had known it shuld be Abraka. Lolll. U shuld av been visiting UNIBEN "once once" to unlearn nau. Maybe spending weekend at BDPA Estate. *Wink
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
Wikipedia has all the information u need. just search using Falz undecided
ireneony:
Who is this guy undecided
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by BossDanniee(m): 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
Bahd Guy!
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
That's my guy...

Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Bashainho: 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
Qaisar1:

Hehe. I'm grew up in Benin City, the "concness" of their pidgin is relatively close.. cheesy
Shuuuuu.... U wan take Benin, Warri and Sapele pick teeth b4
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
Bashainho:
Even b4 i say ur reply to "which uni?", i had known it shuld be Abraka. Lolll. U shuld av been visiting UNIBEN "once once" to unlearn nau. Maybe spending weekend at BDPA Estate. *Wink

UNIBEN indeed or BDPA...
I say I go abroad go school I no gree unlearn come still go oversea nothing happen...

Bro when I say bad thing no good I mean "Bad thing no Good" grin cheesy cry
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by kumakunta: 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
Adebola02:
Got you pissed off, but also got him an award at the Africa magic viewers choice awards.

2 Likes

Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by cardoctor(m): 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nna hapu ya there. What advantage does he have in changing his accent. Original is best.
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by mercyymai(f): 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
Adebola02:

eeyah..... sorry. anyway one man food is another man poison. To me dt is wot make it interesting cos u get ur rib cracking with laughter
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Bashainho: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
favoured234:

UNIBEN indeed or BDPA...
I say I go abroad go school I no gree unlearn come still go oversea nothing happen...

Bro when I say bad thing no good I mean "Bad thing no Good" grin cheesy cry
In falz voice *bae ur own strong*. Anyway, the ability to adapt is one of d xteristics of we human and living tins in general...
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
Bashainho:
In falz voice *bae ur own strong*. Anyway, the ability to adapt is one of d xteristics of we human and living tins in general...
There are some things you cant unlearn..
Even if Falz goes out of the entertainment industry and speaks British English, when he meets the likes of Funke Akindele he will switch to the Falz we all know, even when he tries not to .....
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Slapsticker: 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
Adebola02:

The Jennifer character is fake, she is trying too hard to break the Concord rule while still making use of good vocabulary.
Au contraire, Falz is plainly an accent. It's original. He has mastered the accent quite well.

I got acquainted with the series after Falz got his MVCA. and I had to skip to the third season to hear falz. I cherry pick out scenes where Falz graced cos that's what caught my attention. The gayish guy that fixes nails makes me laugh way better than Jennifer.

So yeah. Subjectively, Jennifer made the series lame and unintelligent. Thanks to other supporting acts it would have been a total bore like season one.

2 Likes

Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by hrhobi1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
Sexytemi:
I'm crushing on him big time.....i just love his funny ways of saying things...Elo bea...

You want to supply him all dat milk u are carrying abi?
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by kunleben47(m): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
The accent is his identity but sometimes I get pissed off when the thing is getting too much.
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Omoharkin(m): 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
I guess tht someone wey no like Jennifer's diary must b a boring sombori....u need go lif for cemetry...lolz

1 Like

Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by telemapreye1(f): 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
Slapsticker:

The Jennifer character is fake, she is trying too hard to break the Concord rule while still making use of good vocabulary.
Au contraire, Falz is plainly an accent. It's original. He has mastered the accent quite well.

I got acquainted with the series after Falz got his MVCA. and I had to skip to the third season to hear falz. I cherry pick out scenes where Falz graced cos that's what caught my attention. The gayish guy that fixes nails makes me laugh way better than Jennifer.

So yeah. Subjectively, Jennifer made the series lame and unintelligent. Thanks to other supporting acts it would have been a total bore like season one.
The haters are here again
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by babasolo(m): 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
greyce:
Some people no get joy.I watch jenifas diary cos of funke n falz n some people claim it's boring... Gosh! Falz is really a bad guy grin cheesy

Babe if niqqaz aint hating you yet, then u re doing something wrong
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Theozil(m): 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
... If u see yvonne Okoro, tell her I said something i want that chocolate skin with caramel topping... #OkBye cool
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by greyce: 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
babasolo:

Babe if niqqaz aint hating you yet, then u re doing something wrong
Yeah,I know that grin
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by nicerichard05: 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
Adebola02:

That means ur problem pass nigeria own
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by sinola(m): 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
greyce:
Some people no get joy.I watch jenifas diary cos of funke n falz n some people claim it's boring... Gosh! Falz is really a bad guy grin cheesy

Greyce,u just hit the nail on the head.Kudos
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by KaBabs1: 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
Adebola02:

Assin ehn, it made the series so cheesy
Re: How I Started With My ‘accent’ – Folarin ‘falz’ Falana (MUST READ) by Adebola02(m): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
Slapsticker:

. Big up pal, at first i was trying to play along with funke's accent in season one, but her frequent grammatical blunder in the subsequent episodes made the TV series steroetypical to me. But some nairalanders rain all sort of insult on me, just because i shared by own opinion about the TV series.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Bans Timi Dakolo From Performing In Abuja For 'Disgracing' Popular Pastor / Ghanaian Singer, Fuse ODG Poses With Dark Skin Queens (photo) / Somadina Adinma New Cute Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.