Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. (38481 Views)

Vehicles Damaged By Falling Trees After Heavy Rainfall In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance / Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by mariobobby(m): 12:40am On Apr 28, 2016
the peugeot 504 mostly used by the nigerian police force back then , while peugeot 505 was that of the armed robbers........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by ourkobo: 12:42am On Apr 28, 2016
that was when fuel was cheap na

FTC again...
I dedicate this one to all those struggling to buy fuel, may they buy at the rate of N65 IJN

3 Likes

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by mariobobby(m): 12:49am On Apr 28, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by jeffizy(m): 4:00am On Apr 28, 2016
The success of the Peugeot 504 is unparalleled. For the fact that it gets you to your destination even if it has to huff and puff, a true lion on the road back then.

I think the Camry 2.2 (1999) model is the next of kin.

As for the topic, the police and robbers preferred those two cars just for their speed and ruggedness.
In that field, the hilux is the crown prince.

And from personal observation, the police nailed the coffin of the Peugeot 504 with their recklessness and lack of maintenance culture.
When I get my 504 shinning and glittering, and next to me is the same model raising it's nose up with dents, I can never be happy.

30 Likes

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 28, 2016
Untill president,governors,senators....etc start using these car again before Nigeria will get it rit.

3 Likes

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by moderatorr: 6:51am On Apr 28, 2016
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Smellymouth: 6:51am On Apr 28, 2016
Chai.. I remember when my friend's dad bought Peugeot 504, the guy go dey select friends wen go enter the car when we close for school grin cheesy cheesy

If you offend am, u ain't entering the car for a week!! Life sha..

VOTE MIMZY FOR MISS NL 2016!!!

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by allisonluvsu(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2016
ok
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by lonelydora: 6:52am On Apr 28, 2016
The Lion. We call it "ntu oyi" then because of the chilling nature of the ac.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Mishydoo(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2016
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Mishydoo(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2016
@OP...what do you mean by "Back then"?...something that is still very much in use grin

2 Likes

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 28, 2016
That is quite interesting, but I don't know before until now and I am just 40
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by gsparks01(m): 6:53am On Apr 28, 2016
I remember my dad's official car was that 504. Not police tho
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Unigrad: 6:53am On Apr 28, 2016
Things have really change.
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Segadem(m): 6:54am On Apr 28, 2016
Yeah
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by xcllaxix(m): 6:54am On Apr 28, 2016
PAN....back then..

1 Like

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Segadem(m): 6:55am On Apr 28, 2016
edimat007:
That is quite interesting, but I don't know before until now and I am just 40
[size=14pt] Lai Muhammed spotted grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by berlusconib2: 6:57am On Apr 28, 2016
En en. Eyaaaa..
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by samx4real(m): 6:57am On Apr 28, 2016
To me this topic is a

Piece of shit!

May be because the creator is an as*hole grin
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by wallex1983(m): 6:58am On Apr 28, 2016
Peugeot 504 was the big thing o. You see it, all black, all tinted, in a convoy and you look forward to one day when you will get a Peugeot 504.

Life sha....

1 Like

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by ruggedtimi(m): 6:59am On Apr 28, 2016
504 pan...is like the toyota camry bck den
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Shawlambivert(m): 7:00am On Apr 28, 2016
This plot is not for sale.
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by haconjy(m): 7:00am On Apr 28, 2016
does police use this most well its old school www.themafrica..com
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by olatade(m): 7:00am On Apr 28, 2016
Hmm,the days of the Peugeot 504 GL and SR.dad thought me how to drive with his GL back in the days...but became an expert driver with mum's SR grin

1 Like

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Achorise: 7:00am On Apr 28, 2016
Only the few rich had this car then, and government officials. "PAN"
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Houseofglam7(f): 7:01am On Apr 28, 2016
Chai!
I haff old!
embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Onyiibazz: 7:03am On Apr 28, 2016
Seeing this car, the first person that comes to my mind is F.G.C Okposi's principal. That was their thier official cars back then. Dont know whether they still use it now. They nornally shuttle between Okposi and Abuja every other week in that vehicle!
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 28, 2016
G
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Massdamm(m): 7:04am On Apr 28, 2016
Barca police mardrid robbers
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by isacolukay(m): 7:04am On Apr 28, 2016
504 of life!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2020 BMW X1 Has A Bigger Grille And Screen / Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? / Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.