Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:43 PM

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. (38455 Views)

Vehicles Damaged By Falling Trees After Heavy Rainfall In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance / Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by MissSlimbody(f): 7:05am On Apr 28, 2016
One of my church member still uses it.
...Two 504s of the same color gringringrin

And he is a Retired AIG.

2 Likes

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Dsholla: 7:05am On Apr 28, 2016
I could still remember driving it with foluke. It was amazing fun
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Massdamm(m): 7:07am On Apr 28, 2016
Smellymouth:
Chai.. I remember when my friend's dad bought Peugeot 504, the guy go dey select friends wen go enter the car when we close for school grin cheesy cheesy

If you offend am, u ain't entering the car for a week!! Life sha..

VOTE MIMZY FOR MISS NL 2016!!!
the guy must be chelsea fans
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Massdamm(m): 7:10am On Apr 28, 2016
Mishydoo:
@OP...what do you mean by "Back then"?...something that is still very much in use grin
xometin dat's been use for a very long nkan ti won lo laye gbayen
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by MadCow1: 7:21am On Apr 28, 2016
jeffizy:
The success of the Peugeot 504 is unparalleled. For the fact that it gets you to your destination even if it has to huff and puff, a true lion on the road back then.

I think the Camry 2.2 (1999) model is the next of kin.

As for the topic, the police and robbers preferred those two cars just for their speed and ruggedness.
In that field, the hilux is the crown prince.

And from personal observation, the police nailed the coffin of the Peugeot 504 with their recklessness and lack of maintenance culture.
When I get my 504 shinning and glittering, and next to me is the same model raising it's nose up with dents, I can never be happy.

The vehicle of choice for robbers was the Volkwagen Santana, not the 505

1 Like

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 28, 2016
jeffizy:
The success of the Peugeot 504 is unparalleled. For the fact that it gets you to your destination even if it has to huff and puff, a true lion on the road back then.

I think the Camry 2.2 (1999) model is the next of kin.

As for the topic, the police and robbers preferred those two cars just for their speed and ruggedness.
In that field, the hilux is the crown prince.

And from personal observation, the police nailed the coffin of the Peugeot 504 with their recklessness and lack of maintenance culture.
When I get my 504 shinning and glittering, and next to me is the same model raising it's nose up with dents, I can never be happy.

Let me also add the 1994 jetta , also known as the mk3 jetta, this vehicle is also rugged, it feels and drives like the Japanese car interms of fuel economy afford ability and availability of parts.

It even has a reputation in portharcourt due its swiftness, sharpness and ruggedness, as bandits, hoodlums and taxi drivers use this ride alot.

In the VW family the mk2 and mk3 are the most reliable brands, more than 20 yrs after you still get after market parts for these model in the market.
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by 900warriorz: 7:52am On Apr 28, 2016
The car is not smiling
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by optimusprime2(m): 7:58am On Apr 28, 2016
Those were the cars that taught me how to drive...
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 28, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nothing in life is permanent truly... smiley

Smellymouth:
Chai.. I remember when my friend's dad bought Peugeot 504, the guy go dey select friends wen go enter the car when we close for school grin cheesy cheesy

If you offend am, u ain't entering the car for a week!! Life sha..

VOTE MIMZY FOR MISS NL 2016!!!
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by parisbluefox: 8:05am On Apr 28, 2016
Please o....what's the difference between the GL and the SR?

olatade:
Hmm,the days of the Peugeot 504 GL and SR.dad thought me how to drive with his GL back in the days...but became an expert driver with mum's SR grin
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by TheCurse: 8:07am On Apr 28, 2016
Cars in those days get attitude. Look at their faces like say na vex!

Oshun Goddess, Chimamanda, Maki Oh In Beyonce's Viral Lemonade Video: https://www.nairaland.com/3073509/oshun-goddess-chimamanda-maki-oh

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 28, 2016
Houseofglam7:
Chai!
I haff old!
embarassed
lol hw u
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Octaves(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2016
Still use a 504 to make supplies. Very sturdy cas. I'm just having issues with the clutch. It keeps going down. Have replaced the flexible hose and other stuff and it keeps happening.
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Houseofglam7(f): 8:53am On Apr 28, 2016
RICHIEKIN:
lol hw u
I'm fine smiley

1 Like

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 28, 2016
Houseofglam7:

I'm fine smiley
good kiss can i va ur email address? lipsrsealed
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Lovelynature(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2016
Onyiibazz:
Seeing this car, the first person that comes to my mind is F.G.C Okposi's principal. That was their thier official cars back then. Dont know whether they still use it now. They nornally shuttle between Okposi and Abuja every other week in that vehicle!
Bro are you from Okposi?
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Abee79(m): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2016
My dad still drives his 504 he bought in 1980. No one is permitted to drive it in the family - we could drive other cars in the house, but not that one! He does not trust anyone with his 504 (except his mechanic). I think he has a sentimental attachment to it cool grin

1 Like

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Skibofire(m): 9:34am On Apr 28, 2016
504 = class!!
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by prettyzee11(f): 9:40am On Apr 28, 2016
Peugeot 504, cheesy cheesy I no fit count the number of yansh wey I knack then inside this car. Funny thing is the car wasn't even mine, na my uncle get am.

U JUST PROVED TO US WHAT UR NAME REALLY MEANT.
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2016
The Peugeot 504 / 505 were popular with highway / armed bandits back in the day. But...

...the Volkswagen Santana had to rank as the all-time favourite - at least in Benin and Warri. I lived in Benin-City for 13 years, and I'm more than old enough to have lived through the Lawrence Nomayagbon "Obvigbo The Law" Anini. His gang terrorised certain parts of Nigeria back in the early 1980's.

His trademark car then was a brown Volkswagen Santana GX. At the time, the Santana was one of the few medium-sized cars that had a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard (most cars were 4-speed). Power steering was also standard, making for a very nimble car.

The Volkswagen Passat TS was also popular, especially in Lagos.

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Onyiibazz: 10:26am On Apr 28, 2016
Lovelynature:
Bro are you from Okposi?
Yea, what have you got for me?
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Onyiibazz: 10:27am On Apr 28, 2016
Lovelynature:
Bro are you from Okposi?
Yea, got anything for me?
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Lovelynature(m): 10:31am On Apr 28, 2016
Onyiibazz:

Yea, got anything for me?
lol... Nice to meet you brother

I'm from Isu, formerly under Ohaozora LGA
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by Onyiibazz: 10:36am On Apr 28, 2016
Lovelynature:
lol... Nice to meet you brother
I'm from Isu, old Ohaozora
Alright, you're welcome
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by ojmaroni247(m): 10:57am On Apr 28, 2016
Any family with a Peugeot back den was termed rich, I enjoyed their advanced Nd executive models, the 504 best line, 505 evolution and 505 ST. The a/c was ice chilling, with central lock, alarm system nd power windows. A true rugged and classic ride.

1 Like

Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by 4instance: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Re: Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. by tickles2luv2016(m): 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
mariobobby:
the peugeot 504 mostly used by the nigerian police force back then , while peugeot 505 was that of the armed robbers........

Yes even operation sweep sef use am with d station wagon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official / Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / My Ex-girl Is Disturbing Me.. What Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.