Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work (46278 Views)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits Badagry (Photos) / Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits IDP Camp, Abuja / Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits Agbani Darego And Got A Bag As Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by confamgist237: 8:07am On Apr 28, 2016
2months after! Olajumoke Orisaguna visits the Bakery she used to work at, gives about 40 bread hawkers N5,000 each...thanks Nigerians!

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016, bread hawker turned model, Olajumoke Orisaguna visited Liberty Bakery where she once called home to give back to bread hawkers who still struggle to make a livelihood from hawking bread.
She gave about 40 bread hawkers N5,000 each donated by a philanthropist. During her visit to the place, Encomium had an interview with her on her change of fortune, her first day in school and sundry issues…see excerpts below:

How will you describe life in the last two months?
My life has changed. I am not the same person I used to be. In the sense that things are better for me and my family. I am now working, we have a beautiful place to call home.
How are you enjoying your new home?
I am really enjoying it. It is such a beautiful place. I can’t imagine myself having such a lovely place as my home. I can’t be more grateful.
What do you like most about it?
I like everything about the house, most especially my bedroom. In fact, I love everything about the house.
How will you describe the transition from village to bakery and now to a three bedroom flat?
There are a lot of differences in it. I was sleeping on the floor at the bakery. At home in Osun state, I shared a room with a lot of people. I now have a three bedroom flat. I have a room to myself, my children also have theirs. I have seen a lot of changes.
Will you say you have changed?
I am still the same Jumoke people know. The same Jumoke people knew in Osun state is the same as the Jumoke speaking with you right now, but the story of my life has changed. My lifestyle has changed. I am looking healthier, living healthier, I have more things to be thankful for.
I have a lot of clothes, not just clothes but fashionable ones. I eat better things. People have been helping us from right, left and centre.
What are the things you used to do before that you can no longer do?
I was a hawker before. I can never go back to hawking. I am now a model. I have a better work I do now.
Will you say you miss bread hawking?
No, I don’t miss it a bit.
What is your daily routine like now?
When I wake up in the morning, I will pray, cook, clean up the house, wake the children, take care of them and we all eat together as a family.
Have you done any major job since you moved into your house?
Maybe one. That was last month or there about.
Who are your friends now?
I don’t have friends now. My husband and my children are my friends now. Even while in Osun state, I didn’t keep friends. I don’t like going to a friend’s house to gossip and all that. It is not because God has smiled on me, no, that is who I am.
How is your husband feeling about the changes in your life?
He fully supports me. He is thankful that things have turned around for us. We both own everything we have.
What is keeping him busy, what plans does he have?
He makes aluminum window. We are planning at getting a place to further polish his craft after which we will get a shop where he can ply his trade.
How is school?
School is fine. I am enjoying it. I have learnt a lot of things.
Can you tell us what you learnt today?
We learnt the alphabets – English and Yoruba alphabets.
What is the schedule like?
When I got there, we were addressed and told not to be shy but to be determined and to face what we came there to do.
How are your parents doing?
They are fine, thank you.
Have you heard from them yet?
Yes, I have. They even came to visit us in our new house. They call regularly and we call them too. We used to send things to them regularly in our own little capacity. I believe that a child that takes care of his parents will also be taken care of in his or her old age.
How do you intend showing appreciation to people that have assisted you?
I am more than grateful to them all. It is only God that can reward them. I know God will continue to bless them, take care of everything they do. All they have will not diminish. I can never forget them, Sijimoto, Aunty Azuka, Mummy TY Bello, Shirley Bakery, Payporte, Stanbic IBTC. God will not leave all of them. They have added meaning to my life. They will continue to make progress, their children will be protected. They have all made impact in our lives. If not for them, we wouldn’t be where we are today. God will continue to keep them, their companies and their children.
Will you say all Azuka (Ogujiuba) has been doing for you is free of charge?
Yes, it is. They have been a backbone to me. They have not taken a dime from me. God has been using them to help me free of charge.
When are you starting IT at Make Me Studio?
I want to finish school first. I don’t want to be doing the two at the same time. Once I am done with school, I will face that.
Will you say you have been receiving calls for help from people close to you?
Yes, people have been calling me for assistance. I give when I have and if there is nothing, I tell them I don’t have.
Will you say you sleep well at night because of the sudden changes around you?
I sleep well at night, but when I wake up, I make sure I pray, thanking God for the sudden turn around and also pray for sustenance.
We learnt you are giving back to your friends at the bakery?
Yes, it is true. A good Samaritan gave me money and asked me to distribute to my friends at the bakery. I pray that God will bless him and make him progress in life. He doesn’t want his name mentioned. I am giving out N5,000 to about 40 to 50 people at the bakery.
How are your children doing?
They are doing fine. They are about starting school. My first child is in primary one, the other one is in crèche -

http://encomium.ng/olajumoke-orisaguna-thanks-nigerians/

16 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by confamgist237: 8:07am On Apr 28, 2016
Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by tyson99(m): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2016
I guess the interview was translated to english enjoy jummy and learn fast

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2016
MAY.GOD BLESS US

1 Like

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 28, 2016
tyson99:
Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by confamgist237: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2016
tyson99:

who english don epp tongue tongue

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 28, 2016
chai... jummy of life... just happy for you

2 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Smellymouth: 8:25am On Apr 28, 2016
Today, I woke up on the right side of the bed. I am happy, optimistic and I am ready for the good news about to come my way..
May GOD change our story before the end of MAY in Jesus name cool

VOTE MIMZY FOR MISS NL 2016 cool

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 28, 2016
When God finally picks your call

Even your haters will bow in surrender wink wink wink

Happy for you girl.

10 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by braimeddy: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2016
I want to see pix of the new Jumuoke at the bakery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Smellymouth: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2016
mimzy:

Amen!!!

#TrendMimzy wink

lẹwa ayaba cool

Ekaro ma grin

SaiMimzy!!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Sirmuel1(m): 9:08am On Apr 28, 2016
Booked

I know say Lala.....like Jumoke cheesy

1 Like

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Presbulg(m): 10:08am On Apr 28, 2016
Guess she's now making double the dough she made with the bakery

It's the yeast(least) she could do

Excuse my bread puns, couldn't resist.

14 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Amberon: 10:11am On Apr 28, 2016
ok
Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by DrSuleiman100: 10:12am On Apr 28, 2016
Level Don change

1 Like

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by TrollTrap: 10:13am On Apr 28, 2016
She's one fortunate woman smiley... Meanwhile
I'll keep on working on my craft....Bless up
Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by ki02020(m): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2016
How time fly

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Segadem(m): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2016
Sirmuel1:
Booked
I know say Lala.....like Jumoke cheesy
[size=14pt]na e wife? [/size]
Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by HornyTiwa(f): 10:14am On Apr 28, 2016
We learnt you are giving back to your friends at the bakery?

Yes, it is true. A good Samaritan gave me money and asked me to distribute to my friends at the bakery. I pray that God will bless him and make him progress in life. He doesn’t want his name mentioned

this only confirms the fact that this lady is been exploited.

A good Samaritan gave her money to give to her friends,what happened to the money she has been making from modeling? she doesn't have any money of her own to give?

I wish her the best

3 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by seunlayi(m): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2016
I KNOW AND I BELIEVED THAT I WILL SURELY MAKE IT, JUMOKE IS AN INSPIRATION FOR ME

1 Like

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2016
God bless you Olajumoke
Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by encryptjay(m): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2016
That's a nice move.
Never forget your roots
God will continue to bless her.

1 Like

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by pretty16(f): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2016
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it.”
Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Deen77: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2016
Always be grateful.

3 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by emmabest2000(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2016
You see ....

Even up till now some folks still never believe this wonderful work of God Amighty ...

Anyway to those who didn't believe no evidence is enough !

If u believe.. your turn is around the corner ... Hit like to as Amen

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 28, 2016
Will you say you miss bread hawking?
No, I don’t miss it a bit.

3 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by saintdennis(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2016
Deen77:
Always be grateful.

Good things happen = GOD
Bad things happen = DEVIL
Nothing happens (stagnation)= enemies/generational curses.

Humanity and relgion/superstition. Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by dominique(f): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2016
How generous of her, May God continue to elevate her.

Nobody should ask her "who she epp?".
Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2016
Is she a bread seller or a bakery worker? these are two different things, unless Lagos bakery owners force their employees to carry bread on trays instead of the usual supply truck.

1 Like

Re: Olajumoke Orisaguna Visits The Bakery She Used To Work by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 28, 2016
seunlayi:
I KNOW AND I BELIEVED THAT I WILL SURELY MAKE IT, JUMOKE IS AN INSPIRATION FOR ME
not beefing o, but she's no inspiration to me at all. Hers is a case of fate/ luck.
Why isn't ayodele dada getting the attention as deserved?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zainab Abimbola Rufai: Olakunle Churchill Dumped Me To Marry Bimbo Taiye Coker / Denrele's Outfit To Dinner With German President (photos) / Governor Diri Removes BBNaija's Nengi As Face Of Bayelsa Girl Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.