Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

What I Learnt While Writing Ebook That Failed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What I Learnt While Writing Ebook That Failed (399 Views)

Four Things I Learnt From Boarding A Bus This Morning / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / 8 Lessons I Learnt From Publishing My Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Learnt While Writing Ebook That Failed by marenx: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2016
What I Learnt While Writing EBook That Failed

Don’t ignore failure because you can’t. What you need to do is to avoid it and swear you must leave your comfort zone.

By Maren J. Mafuyai / April 20, 2016

Making things happens doesn’t really sucks. It's failure to try that's really the suck.

‘Experience is the best teacher’ is one of the wise phrases that weren't well made, because you don’t tell us whether bad or good one. You just assume we knew what you mean. Thinking of it one day, I found it's the bad experience that teaches well. And using failure instead of the bad experience, it matched with my case, the case I'd after I learnt I couldn’t continue writing my eBook, when I found out it isn't going to flow, let alone to be the masterpiece. But since it failed, here's what I learnt from it, and I'm glad I did.

That day taught me valuable lessons.

1. You've to prepare your outline to look like a real skeleton of your work.

This means arranging the list of what you’ll discuss from the title to the conclusion, and making sure it won’t disappoint you before starting the actual writing. The best way to accomplish this is to make sure each stage relates to the previous one up to the main catchy title. It isn't that simple, but failure to follow the rule is what made my eBook no more. So, as the beginner, especially, you need to concentrate on forming outlines to give your writing good structure and public acceptance. Or, d'you want to learn how to form outlines?

Well, I'm here with you. The only way to learn it is to read more, most especially wiki-how types of articles and others with titles such as: 4 ways to tell a girl you love her, 100 things to do to be happy, etc. or you can write something like I want to talk about…and then start writing the list of what you want to talk about, which may include:

• Loving children
• Going outing
• Playing video games
• Reading for exams
• Facebooking, etc

2. Don’t rush to start fleshing out.

First give it sometime because I learnt this lesson at that time: immediately after outlining, I was desperate to start fleshing out, thinking following stages I created won't disappoint me, but I'm here regretting.

If you don’t want this to happen to you either, I advice that you start two project at the same time. So that when you're desperate, why not going to the other project to make it easy? Follow these 5 steps:

Step 1: make sure you start two projects at the same time. And take both of them very important.

Step 2: after outlining the first one, jump to the second one and make sure both are well outlined.

Step 3: give yourself a break of at least 2 or more hours before coming to them the second time.

Step 4: now don’t bother to start fleshing out still. Remember you can break some stages again to have sub-stages underneath them. To reduce the chances of this kind of failure. But if it doesn’t work, don’t worry, when you start fleshing out, other stages will occur in your details.

Step 5: no matter what, I guarantee you to start fleshing. If it doesn’t work still, it means your topic isn't good or it doesn’t correspond with what you're explaining or continue reading; you’ll find out the reason bellow.

Know that it's outline that shows how powerful your book or essay is.

3. Running about the bush is part of writing process.

It's, indeed, good to understand it as it's, but you need to make sure it isn't part of your writing process, since it can make you lose interest.

What makes my eBook failed is this; I discovered I must return to start afresh and I don’t have time for that. When I look at the work, I asked myself 3 questions: 1) Should I start again? I discovered I must start another out lines. 2) Can I use the flesh I've made to flesh another outlines? I discovered it won’t correspond. 3) Should I start another fleshing? I discovered I rather start another project.

Continue reading here: https://languageexpertintl./2016/04/28/345/

(1) (Reply)

Explanation To The Poem "I And My Other Self" / Dp For Gandhi Jayanti, Mahatma Gandhi Dp, Profile Pics, Hd Images / A Nairalander Set To Publish His First Thrilling And Crime Digital Novel(images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.