Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live (30243 Views)

The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Arewa Youth Secretary Speaking On Channels TV (Photo) / Rotimi Amaechi And Femi Fani-Kayode On Channels TV As They Slog It Out (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 28, 2016
copiescopy:
You forgot to state he mentioned that

oyo and ogun state are the grazing reserves areas we have in nigeria right from the colonial times .

shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wahala dey for my ppl in SW.... while they are here laughing at Enugu ppl.....Now that have colonised your area as their rightful grazing reserve
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Rexyl(m): 11:30am On Apr 28, 2016
alaskido:
I am lost of words. I pity this country called NiGERIA. The root of the whole problem is that before INDEPENDENCE the colonial masters sold the South South, South West and South East to the Northerners. That is why they are born to RULE us forever. I bet you, split this country and you will breathe FRESH AIR again.

point of correction! No one or tribe is born to rule forever

Some or group of people can only be using a chance for one season after which others will take over. What you are still referring to has expired since 1999. It's just the few bigots that are still trying to create that impression. You can see other tribes can no longer hold their peace while certain tribe(s) monopolize violence and believe they can dominate others through violent means.
Just as boko haram has failed Fulani herdsmen violence will also fail sooner or later.

May God let oil price come to zero Naira per barrel and States find agriculture as the only means to survive. Then they will create farm settlements in all communities, employ youths and make agriculture convenient and attractive, while all activities that could cause conflicts are removed. By that time nomadic or Fulani herdsmen would have disappeared.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by ndosorry: 11:32am On Apr 28, 2016
We are children of light. Whatever they do, the light will always shine. When the light is taken away, great shall be the darkness that will engulf the entire north. This idea of provoking the south so as to trigger another war will not work. If the fulanis are not careful, they forgot that no one has monopoly of violence. Why migrating south when you have vast lands up north? Is that not an avenue to still cause problem? You are the problem of nigeria from day one. But, you people can't conquer no matter how hard you try. You owe south an apology, but if you fail to do so, nemesis will catch up with your people sooner or later.
Light and darkness has nothing in common.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by kizaronto: 11:34am On Apr 28, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Back to sender!! Afterall you were the ones that went into alliance with them to get them to power.

North-West alliance must stand irrespective of whether Fulani dey finish Yoruba. Gbagam!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Rexyl(m): 11:39am On Apr 28, 2016
ndosorry:
We are children of light. Whatever they do, the light will always shine. When the light is taken away, great shall be the darkness that will engulf the entire north. This idea of provoking the south so as to trigger another war will not work. If the fulanis are not careful, they forgot that no one has monopoly of violence. Why migrating south when you have vast lands up north? Is that not an avenue to still cause problem? You are the problem of nigeria from day one. But, you people can't conquer no matter how hard you try. You owe south an apology, but if you fail to do so, nemesis will catch up with your people sooner or later.
Light and darkness has nothing in common.

To your question, why are they migrating to south from the north that has large expanse of land?

Blood of the innocent shed in the north might have serious implication in the region.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by MirabelArode(f): 11:46am On Apr 28, 2016
Oyo and Ogun are our grazing reserves since colonial times-Baba Uthman.
Controlled, Eemeritusmbam, karm12, Ycat.
Una How markarti. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Spinojaja26: 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
Buhari loves catle more than humanbeings that is why he is spending billions of naira to import grase for cows and stoped importation of rice for human consuption. I will not blame you but those that voted him in
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Rolings: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Lol they should leave Southeast out of the Grazing Land... Dazzol

Are you just waking up? There have been fulani settlements in many south east States for decades .
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by sinkhole: 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
I am not advocatng for Baba Othman, but I think his problem is lack of ability to speak good english! He must have meant that in the whole of Nigeria it is only Oyo and Ogun that have grazing reserves for the fulanis! I do not thinl he could have meant that the whole land of Ogun and Oyo states are grazing reserves.
Why cant fulanis buy land for private ranch, a single cattle can cost up to a 100thousand naira (that was before oo).
But who actually kidnapped fulani for a ransom?
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Cosbyrich: 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
GreatSE:

shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wahala dey for my ppl in SW.... while they are here laughing at Enugu ppl.....Now that have colonised your area as their rightful grazing reserve
Na mouth dem dey take colonise?
Na SEast wey cowards dey dem fit colonise not SW.

READ THIS STORY AND SEE THAT BECAUSE THE FULANIS HAVE COLONISED THE WHOLE S/EAST;LEADER OF THEIR HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY SAID THEY ARE GIVING THE FULANI GRAZING LAND....

READ...

Represented by the Leader of the House, Mr.
Udo-Okoye of Awgu-North Constituency, the
Speaker said: “Yes, it’s true that our women,
both young and old, have been raped, maimed
in their farmlands by cattle rearers in the
state. These cattle rearers send their cows
into the farmlands of our people where they
destroy all their farm produce. They block
the highways with their cattle, rob and kidnap
our people.
They abduct them and keep them captives in
the bush and demand for ransom. That is
why as a House elected to serve, represent
and make laws for the good governance of
our people, we can no longer fold our arms
and watch our people being killed and
maimed.”
The bill provides for the establishment of
grazing areas in each of the three senatorial
zones of Enugu State and the nomadic cattle
rearers shall ensure that the cattle are
confined within the grazing areas as
provided.” It further stipulated: “Any person
who permits cattle to graze in an area not
designated as grazing area in the state, shall
be guilty of an offence and shall on conviction
be liable to a six-month imprisonment or a
fine of N100,000 or both.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/menace-of-fulani-herdsmen-tales-of-woes-from-the-east/
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by syntekelite(m): 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
cuteboy2:
Secretary of Cattle Herdsmen is on Channels TV explaining the mayhem they are unleashing on innocent communities.

In case you don't have light in your area or no fuel in your generator, find below summary of what the man is saying:

- Says herdsmen are peace loving
- Says anywhere they go they always touch base with the head of hausa community before they now meet the traditional institution in the area
- Says it the communities who usually provoke the fulani herdsmen by demanding money before they graze, and if they refuse to pay, they shoot 1 or 2 cattle.
- Says herdsmen that carry AK-47 are cattle rustlers
- Says Buhari has greatly helped them to limit cattle rustling, and that Buhari has helped them to recover a lot of cattle rustled since he assumed office
- Says the proposed Grazing Bill by the National Assembly to establish grazing land and routes in every state is good for them
on nairaland we are over 2million users,i read a lot of intelligent comments,and practical solutions to problems facing us all,but there is a problem,how do we get our voices heard by the right people,am sure buhari,amaechi,fashola,senators and state governors dont read nairaland.. so how do our voices get heard? i feel once we can find the solution to that we can make a change..
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
Seriously, I felt like crying for this nation after reading this! His explanations disgusts me to the marrow. So, he is more or less justifying the action or what? Can't they graze in their land? Why has National Assembly suddenly picked interest in cattle grazing? Are they the only one practicing agriculture in this country? Seriously, I don't understand this. Human beings like you are being killed daily and you're justifying it with ordinary cattle!!!!! What has come over men in this country? Nigerians, it is high time we grow beyond our bigotry as I can see some people are already abusing themselves on this issue. Have you for once asked yourself, what has your abuse and criticisms done for this nation? We're talking of lives some are talking of States and tribes? Where have we thrown our reasoning glasses??
Oh God, deliver this nation from the hands of men that love war and violence! Amen.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by cecegorz(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
copiescopy:

oyo and ogun state are the grazing reserves areas we have in nigeria right from the colonial times .

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by dbestuncle: 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
Drabeey:
I believe Fulani herdsmen are very cool and loving people. Its just that some of them ( very few though ) are the black shen
p
U dnt knw Fulani, illiteracy and the unity of purpose especially wen it seems they are been cheated is a great problem. If he directs his cows to ur farm andur trap gets one. he will destroy the whole farm and go ahead to inform his people. if another such or different experience led to d death of
cows again. He comes to attack ur homes at ni and IG ur youth or the village attempt to stop them from grazing because of ur farm that was destroyed, they will attack ur village at night.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by orisa37: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
This man is a Shiites.He is talking nonsense and war. How can he get land from Daura to Ozozo in the Creek?
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by CioAngels(f): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
Southerners, you are foolishly, rubbishly humilated and heavily insulted. Buhari, i guess is testing the strength of the southerners who claiams to be so educated.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by sniperr007(m): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
My question is must they move from place to place. Japan wit d famous Kobe beef don't ve cattles transported Frm place to place.

That proposed bill is rubbish & selfish. Satisfying d few against d many. Why don't dey graze in der home state?
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by MirabelArode(f): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
Rolings:

Are you just waking up? There have been fulani settlements in many south east States for decades .

yorubas as usual, it pains them that they have emirates and grazing reserves in their land, now they want the same afflictions for the rest of south. grin

1 Like

Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Gayigaskia(m): 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
cuteboy2:
Secretary of Cattle Herdsmen is on Channels TV explaining the mayhem they are unleashing on innocent communities.

In case you don't have light in your area or no fuel in your generator, find below summary of what the man is saying:

- Says anywhere they go they always touch base with the head of hausa community before they now meet the traditional institution in the area
- Says it the communities who usually provoke the fulani herdsmen by demanding money before they graze, and if they refuse to pay, they shoot 1 or 2 cattle.
- Says Buhari has greatly helped them to limit cattle rustling, and that Buhari has helped them to recover a lot of cattle rustled since he assumed office
- Says the proposed Grazing Bill by the National Assembly to establish grazing land and routes in every state is good for them

At the bolded sentence, he didn't sai Buhari. He gave the example of Kano, and everyone who watches Channels can remmber some mounths ago that indeed a lot of cattle have been arrested.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by emi14: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
olapluto:
Well Oyo state has rejected you already. Ogun state is industralised and soon the grazing lands will be used to build companies. I suggest Fulanis move to the South East. Plenty grazing land there.

Fulanis have advantage over all souths because of such shallow mindedness. Nawa4u.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by kajoula(m): 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
[size=18pt]what is this cow talking about ?[/size]
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by MirabelArode(f): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
januzaj:
I kuku trust my Oyo guys....you kill one,we kill 10

Noise and hot air, only from yoruba mouth. grin
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Amitex(m): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
copiescopy:

He did not forget, but deliberately decided not to tell us! grin

Since they already have Oyo and Ogun, they should be restricted to those states.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by dragunov: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
GeneralShepherd:
Nigerians brought this upon themselves.

We were given an option between reelecting President with a PhD and voting for an uneducated Fulani man. We made our choice.

Let's live ith the consequences and hope we learn from our mistakes in 2019
If you had presented another candidate with Secondary School Cert, we would have accepted him. Not that permanently stupified slowpoke with an atrophied brain and his fruitcake wife. PhD my azz!
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Princewell2012(m): 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
GeneralShepherd:
Nigerians brought this upon themselves.

We were given an option between reelecting President with a PhD and voting for an uneducated Fulani man. We made our choice.

Let's live ith the consequences and hope we learn from our mistakes in 2019

Yes, i was arguing it with someone here that it will be very difficult for Apc to win again by 2019.

You know people have fed up on Gej, so they definitely need a change but unfortunately Apc government is not giving us any change we be yearning for.

I believe in 2019 people will have to think again if they should go back to Pdp or stay with Apc.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by dragunov: 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
cuteboy2:

I think I have a lasting albeit permanent solution to this issue. Let all farmers spray there crops with chemicals that are harmless to plants but poisonous to mammals. By the time their cattle start dropping dead, they will steer clear of farms. Its a drastic measure I assure you, but it will work. The poison must have an expiry time which should be before harvest. That information would be known by the farmer alone. This is important so the poisons do not affect humans. The herdsmen will never come near your farms again.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by dragunov: 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
Princewell2012:

Yes, i was arguing it with someone here that it will be very difficult for Apc to win again by 2019.

You know people have fed up on Gej, so they definitely need a change but unfortunately Apc government is not giving us any change we be yearning for.

I believe in 2019 people will have to think again if they should go back to Pdp or stay with Apc.
Nobody is going back to PDP. Other parties no fit field presidential candidate?
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by SimeoNwabekeyi: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:
grin

yoruba don buy market

i sight Beremx grin

how's pikin?

Tribal bigot, hope you are doing good at your refugee camp?
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Princewell2012(m): 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
dragunov:
Nobody is going back to PDP. Other parties no fit field presidential candidate?

yes, but does those parties have the capacity and the qualified candidates to present? Will these giant parties even allow them to raise up their heads That's the problem.
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by salt1: 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
dragunov:
I think I have a lasting albeit permanent solution to this issue. Let all farmers spray there crops with chemicals that are harmless to plants but poisonous to mammals. By the time their cattle start dropping dead, they will steer clear of farms. Its a drastic measure I assure you, but it will work. The poison must have an expiry time which should be before harvest. That information would be known by the farmer alone. This is important so the poisons do not affect humans. The herdsmen will never come near your farms again.

What's the name of the chemical?
I also learnt that planting sweet potatoes around the farms also deters cattle
Once they chew the leaves, they die
Herdsmen hate losing cattle
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by Rolings: 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
MirabelArode:

yorubas as usual, it pains them that they have emirates and grazing reserves in their land, now they want the same afflictions for the rest of south. grin

Typical Ibo. ... after making every hamlet a trading post they want to deny other citizens right to live and carry out business anywhere in the country . Foolish people
Re: Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live by lilmizwierd(f): 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
abumeinben:
Make that Mallam Fulani go boil stone abeg.

So they knew these rustlers and did not inform the police or any other security agents since they have a body...Fulani cattle rearers association of nijeriya (FUCRAN grin).

How w come they have link, direct or indirect, to the presidency? Because he said Buhari, and not Buhari administration.

One quick constructive question:
Fulani cattles feed on farmers' sources of income.
I rear lions. Can I get a national feeding bill passed for my lions to feed on cattles?
my deaar me too lest form association

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LIVE: NBM Of Africa 43rd National Convention & 16th Annual Lecture / RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun / Charly Boy, Sowore, NLC Protest In Lagos Over Economic Hardship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.