Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat (1126 Views)

Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Arewa Youths / Biafra: What Buhari Should Have Done To Nnamdi Kanu- Yerima Shettima / If Africa Can't Send Men To The Moon; We Should Organize Free & Fair Election : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 28, 2016
A major problem with Buhari is lack of communication. In this turbulent times Buhari is lacking effective constant communication so the masses can always know his positions, intentions and plans. The masses heavily rely on the news outlets and social media which may disseminate wrong information and gets them upset thinking the government has been ineffective. Buhari doesn't need any spokesperson at this point. He constantly needs to come out himself and explains things better for the masses. The presidential media chat should be conducted at least once in 2 weeks. He could probably organize a 3 hour long Vladmir Putin style media chat where Nigerians can call to ask him urgent questions which he should address throughly. I believe if Buhari constantly explains himself better it would help calm the tensions in the land.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by HolyHero: 10:07am On Apr 28, 2016
Where in the world have you seen a dictator organise a media chat..

Who does that??

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by CACAWA(m): 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
HolyHero:

Who does that??
Putin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by HolyHero: 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
CACAWA:
Putin.
noooo putin is not a dictator..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
I don't think President Buhari should be encouraged to take ideas from Putin. ****

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by mightyjoe746: 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
The main difference between putin and Buhari is "Citizen's Trust" The people of Russia love Putin and Trust his judgements! It is only the outside world that sees him as a dictator, Whereas in our dear Country we can't trust Buhari, some of us must have reasons why they can't trusts his judgements. Ethnicity, political bais, his age etc. Unlike Putin, People sees buhari as a dictator but the outside world love him more than we nigerians.
Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by SleekAboki: 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
Buhari is too timid in front of cameras and women. I wonder how he made it as a war time General! Product of Quota system?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by doublewisdom: 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
Abeg I no wan laugh!
Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
HolyHero:

Who does that??
LMAO,oga calm down o
Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
Seun:
I don't think President Buhari should be encouraged to take ideas from Putin. ****
I didn't say he should take ideas from Putin. Even if you think Putin is a bad guy at least there are things he does right worthy of emulating. The idea Buhari should emulate from Putin is to learn how to communicate like Putin who takes phone calls from the citizens and answer their questions for as long as 4 hours. If Buhari can do that and explain himself to Nigerians it would help calm things down.
Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by drss2(m): 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ontarget:
A major problem with Buhari is lack of communication. In this turbulent times Buhari is lacking effective constant communication so the masses can always know his positions, intentions and plans. The masses heavily rely on the news outlets and social media which may disseminate wrong information and gets them upset thinking the government has been ineffective. Buhari doesn't need any spokesperson at this point. He constantly needs to come out himself and explains things better for the masses. The presidential media chat should be conducted at least once in 2 weeks. He could probably organize a 3 hour long Vladmir Putin style media chat where Nigerians can call to ask him urgent questions which he should address throughly. I believe if Buhari constantly explains himself better it would help calm the tensions in the land.
chai! u wan compare our own dullard with putin vladimir putin no dey joke with terrorist. unlike d dullard who defended boko.
buari has notin to offa so he has notin to say.
Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by babyfaceafrica: 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
Buhari taciturnity is what I like most about him...I don't like talkers,I prefer action people,,people like lia mohammed,ffk and fayose na just empty barrell.....we have talked enough in this country,we need action!!!!...anybody who like people who talk should wait till 2019 and vote fayose/ben bruce
Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by Bobandgreat: 6:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
Seun:

Why not? Is Putin not better than him?
Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by Bobandgreat: 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ontarget:

I didn't say he should take ideas from Putin. Even if you think Putin is a bad guy at least there are things he does right worthy of emulating. The idea Buhari should emulate from Putin is to learn how to communicate like Putin who takes phone calls from the citizens and answer their questions for as long as 4 hours. If Buhari can do that and explain himself to Nigerians it would help calm things down.

That u can speak Hausa does not mean every other person can or what will he communicate in.
Re: Buhari Should Organize A Putin Style Presidential Media Chat by gidgiddy: 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ontarget:

Buhari organising a media chat where people of all shades and colour can come and throw pertinent questions at him? Are you joking? There are world leaders that can do this but Buhari falls far short of the bar. The reason why Putin can conduct interviews regularly is because he is intellectually sound and has a good grasp of governance. So to put it short, Buhari is a PR disaster. Almost every interview Buhari has granted since he came to office has been a fiasco.

1) Buhari in his first media chat flew into a rage at the mention of Dasuki and Kanu then went on to tell the nation he does not respect court orders and why constitutal rights such as bail should be jettisoned thereby exposing himself a man who does not know anything about the rule of law

2) Buhari went Germany and forgot the name of his host, Chancellor Merkel, and refered to her as "President Michelle" of west Germany. The fact that Buhari didn't know that West and East Germany had reunited since the early 90's is scandalous.

3) Buhari then granted Aljazeera an interview where he refused to watch video recording of the Nigerian Army shooting unarmed Biafran protesters thereby exposing himself as man who cares nothing about the oath he took to protect all Nigerians from internal or external aggressors. In that same interview, Buhari said on three different occassions that he does not know his own budget.

A man like Buhari just cannot conduct regular media chats and his handlers know this. If Buhari attempted doing this, he would make himself the laughing stock of Africa within a very short time. The man is simply not fit to be president of a country.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Shettima Give Scholarship 2 2 Best Female Students Of UNIMAID 2 Do Msc In UK / Swearing-in Of The Youngest Commissioner In Nigeria By Gov Obiano(pics) / Pic. Lie Mohammed- It Was A Mad Demon Dog That Hacked Madam Aisha's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.