Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,920 members, 7,802,988 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail (24330 Views)

2017 Calabar Carnival : Ben Ayade And Wife Appear In Scorpion Like Bike (VIDEO) / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Ayade And Miss Africa Contestants Dancing On The Streets Of Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by deebsman1(m): 11:54am On Apr 28, 2016
i can only c prototype o, where d real pix ...naija politicians since 1900 sha grin
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by jobontech(m): 11:56am On Apr 28, 2016
Is it real?
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by loomer: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2016
I see why its easier to have monorails na trams in Nigeria
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by farem: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2016
This can only be found in SOUTH EAST, the land of the rising Sun.

Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by bigtt76(f): 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
When fully operational now, you go begin see people hanging or lying down on it grin

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
God Bless Ayade, tho I'm not so happy with his recent romance with APC propaganda party...

Rochas and Amaechi started like this before they became APC members and their sense of reasoning and developmental plans for their states was abandoned for PROPAGANDA
We are watching Ayade closely. If he tries anything funny, he will receive a call from the Coroner
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
Abagworo:
This monorail is not same standard with Rivers monorail.
Liar, APC tout. Are you ashamed that Imoke succeeded where Amaechi failed. All through the construction, we did not hear "P" about it. Unlike Amaechi that was blowing his trumpet from Jalingo to Kuje
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
If na Ajimobi, na teeth him go dey show

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Isoni(m): 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
Just wow at the bolded

iflywithbuhari:

Liar, APC tout. Are you ashamed that Imoke succeeded where Amaechi failed. All through the construction, we did not hear "P" about it. Unlike Amaechi that was blowing his trumpet from Jalingo to Kuje
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
I wish a sensible person cud rule Delta state, cus we are suffering here, and we are suppose to be the third richest state in Nigeria.
every delta state governor was a thief back to back, from ibori to uduaghan to okowa.

2 Likes

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by alexlee50: 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
Good governance,very proud of the governor.what fashola and tinubu couldn't do for 16years.PDP leading all the way
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by saintdennis(m): 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
alexlee50:
Good governance,very proud of the governor.what fashola and tinubu couldn't do for 16years.PDP leading all the way

,you a dullard... in lagos almost EVERYWHERE is developed, u see people (in thousands commuting from one point to another). Not like other states (even small states like bayelsa) where moving from ojota to ajah is equivalent to TRAVELLING.

Look @ d tiny pillars in those pics then come see PILLAR they using for the rails under construction in lag. That pillar in that protoype is more or less same with a pedestrian bridge pillar here in lag.

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by sitibemfen(m): 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
Some states are lucky to have result oriented leaders.E.g Akpabio built tropicana in uyo to clone tinapa in c/river

2 Likes

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Abagworo(m): 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
ademolaaoc:
Nigerian governors need to borrow wisdom from this executive individual. Governance is not always about painting your name on all projects around but preserving and ensure the legacies left behind does not decay.

I wish we could all make this our watch word.

2 Likes

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by alexlee50: 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
saintdennis:

,you a dullard... in lagos almost EVERYWHERE is developed, u see people (in thousands commuting from one point to another). Not like other states (even small states like bayelsa) where moving from ojota to ajah is equivalent to TRAVELLING.

Look @ d tiny pillars in those pics then come see PILLAR they using for the rails under construction in lag. That pillar in that protoype is more or less same with a pedestrian bridge pillar here in lag.
"intelligent man"what is development to you? A place where people live in face me I face you and share common toilet facilities? With no sanitary inspectors coming to check the conditions of the latrine? A place where they cannot maintain the BRT service for a city you clsim is going to be a mega city 2020.A place where you don't have public water supply? A place which cannot generate its own electricity? A place which cannot boast of good road from orile to badagry? A place which cannot boast of a standard hospital, even when the governor is sick, he goes for foreign medical treatment. Something is definitely wrong with you, if this is the place you call a developed state.by the way how many children of school going age are in school?How many are employed? What is the level of education and awareness in this state? Your head needs examination
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Abagworo(m): 1:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Rivers monorail looks much more solid and demolitions were involved. This one cannot cost up to 25% of the one built by Amaechi. Politics made Amaechi's own not to be put to use but phase one which is longer than this Cross River monorail has long been completed.

Finally Amaechi did not blow any trumpet as you accuse him of. There was no billboard of Amaechi in Rivers State and he rarely did commissioning jamboree but yet he did more projects than all the Governors of his time.

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Victoredet19: 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
Where is ameachi a.k.a mr I av never takign brine before. Cum nd see wat monorail looks like
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by TheFreeOne: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
Abagworo:

So wither the one Ameachi conceived with standard and propaganda Hanging abandoned in the air.

Your post reeks of 'badbelleism'. Learn to appreciate good things abeg.

Anyway, Kudos to Governor Ayade and Cross Riverians.

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by bender79: 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
God Bless Ayade, tho I'm not so happy with his recent romance with APC propaganda party...

Rochas and Amaechi started like this before they became APC members and their sense of reasoning and developmental plans for their states was abandoned for PROPAGANDA
Myopic thinking....

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Reference(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
Abagworo:

Rivers monorail looks much more solid and demolitions were involved. This one cannot cost up to 25% of the one built by Amaechi. Politics made Amaechi's own not to be put to use but phase one which is longer than this Cross River monorail has long been completed.

Finally Amaechi did not blow any trumpet as you accuse him of. There was no billboard of Amaechi in Rivers State and he rarely did commissioning jamboree but yet he did more projects than all the Governors of his time.

25% abi. Why not compare revenues. Does Cross-River earn up to 25% of what Rivers gets. Does Cross-River have up to 25% of tax generating businesses and industries or populace. What about Federal or Multi-national presence. Can you drive a challenging 5 hrs anywhere on the highway in Rivers State. Cool down. Don't compare the two states at all. Cross-Rivers since the time of Duke has been punching far above its weight. The challenges it faces are just monumental. The only state capital I know serviced by a single lane highway and only one access. What they are robbed of and lack in resources they have more than made up in relatively good and stable leadership. I challenge any state to match it in the provision of rural water supply and now power infrastructure. You cannot compare any South-South state to Cross-River in the quality of human life pound for pound or should I say naira for naira.

2 Likes

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by falar(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
wink2015:
[size=15pt]We are celebrating what should have been in Nigeria 30 years ago if not for corruption of our leaders.

Anyway, half bread is better than none. Kudos to governor Donald Duke and successive governors who nurtured this plan to fruition.

In delta state former governor Emmanuel Ewetan Uduaghan destroyed the Warri/Effurun Sapele road all in the name of BRT with a view to looting the delta state government treasury.

Uduaghan conceived a fraudulent vision to divert government funds to his personal account and which resulted in the busy road a haven for go slow, if not for the new vision of governor Okowa, commuter and pedestrian would have been suffering plying the busy effurun/warri sapele road.

Warri today boast of no industries to engage the youth. The soap detergent, toiletries, beverage, drinks, biscuits consumed by residents of Warri are all brought from Lagos state, Ogun states and the eastern part of Nigeria[/size]

Will the Indigene allow them thrive even if all Companies move to Delta.

Allow non indigene to thrive in your state and you will see the difference.

See SW and learn from them!

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Abagworo(m): 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
Reference:

25% abi. Why not compare revenues. Does Cross-River earn up to 25% of what Rivers gets. Does Cross-River have up to 25% of tax generating businesses and industries or populace. What about Federal or Multi-national presence. Can you drive a challenging 5 hrs anywhere on the highway in Rivers State. Cool down. Don't compare the two states at all. Cross-Rivers since the time of Duke has been punching far above its weight. The challenges it faces are just monumental. The only state capital I know serviced by a single lane highway and only one access. What they are robbed of and lack in resources they have more than made up in relatively good and stable leadership. I challenge any state to match it in the provision of rural water supply and now power infrastructure. You cannot compare any South-South state to Cross-River in the quality of human life pound for pound or should I say naira for naira.

It depends on the parameters employed in the analysis. My point is not even comparing Rivers with Cross River. I came in defence of Amaechi who was falsely accused by one contributor. The Opobo link Road surpasses 90% of all projects in South South and it was done by Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by chukuli(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
skare:
Waste of resources if u ask me,cos monorail is not even up to 3km.Bridge would have been better.
u are a fool
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Reference(m): 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
Abagworo:

It depends on the parameters employed in the analysis. My point is not even comparing Rivers with Cross River. I came in defence of Amaechi who was falsely accused by one contributor. The Opobo link Road surpasses 90% of all projects in South South and it was done by Amaechi.

How much did that Opobo Road cost. That is what we are saying. Project delivery should be viewed in the context of resources available. Back to the monorail. If Cross-Rivers can deliver 3 kilometres, Rivers should be able to deliver 15 kilometres reaching at least Eleme Junction within approximatelqy the same time frame.

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2016
Abagworo:

Its the same , mono rail is mono rail, it works, unlike the one ameachi built that is invisible, the only thing we see is abandoned towers no evidence that a single mono rail vehicle was bought.

You need to travel and expand your horizon go and see whats happenong in other places around the world, dont limit your life journey to mile 1 and oil mill. tongue
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Splinz(m): 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
Na like this e supposed be; good development. Beautiful project indeed.!
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by falar(m): 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
alexlee50:

I no blame you!

How can you compare someone building a state with another building a local government.

Your mumu no get limit at all.

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
I really like cross rivers and lagos state governors. Tinubu and Donald duke charted a new course for their states and all the govs after them have continued and done more with those plans. Continuity is so important, not just scrapping things and starting over.

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by alexlee50: 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
falar:

I no blame you!

How can you compare someone building a state with another building a local government.

Your mumu no get limit at all.
your craze no get cure.you are all blinded by ethnic sentiments and fear to think your heroes can do no wrong.fhuking asshole, which is the state and which is the local government?
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Kufie(m): 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
Jacko1:
Wat is if u hav nothin to say.... That is not a transportation objective met.... Its an amusement park ride..... Hw many kilometres wil it cover.... Does it relief any traffic situation
Later calabar wil rush to cnn n be making noise

Have you been to calabar before?
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by adanny01(m): 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

I think you should be shameful, calling someone a liar with no facts. Are Nigerians divided into either APC or PDP touts? It is a fact that the Cross river mono rail is absolutely incomparable to the Rivers. One is a tourist transit train and the other a mass transit train. Cross river is a steel track while Rivers is concrete. Cross River has 1 track while Rivers has 2 tracks. Cross River train is a P8 while Rivers trains are P30 models of same brand. Cross river is 3km while Rivers is 20km. Cross River has 3 stations while Rivers has 14. Lastly, for the fac that Rivers is doing this within the city tells you how difficult and expensive it most be against the tourist version.

I guess people like you dont see anything good unless its done by PDP, thats how your leaders stood by and watched the Hausa Senators redistribute funds meant for the Lagos calabar rail.

3 Likes

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by saintkeppy(m): 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
deebsman1:
i can only c prototype o, where d real pix ...naija politicians since 1900 sha grin
. Are u 4 real or u are joking?
What u manage to see is what is on ground. Part of the initial plans by then Gov. Duke was to construct a mono rail linking TINAPA BUSINESS RESORT to MARGRET EKPO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won’t Allow Hijab In Kwara Mission Schools - CAN Insists / ECOWAS Court Rejects Richard Ugbah’s Request For Transfer To Nigeria (Photo) / Saraki, Dogara’s Inability To Deliver Speech, Sign Of Weakness Says Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.