Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail (24355 Views)

2017 Calabar Carnival : Ben Ayade And Wife Appear In Scorpion Like Bike (VIDEO) / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Ayade And Miss Africa Contestants Dancing On The Streets Of Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Abagworo(m): 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
adanny01:

I think you should be shameful, calling someone a liar with no facts. Are Nigerians divided into either APC or PDP touts? It is a fact that the Cross river mono rail is absolutely incomparable to the Rivers. One is a tourist transit train and the other a mass transit train. Cross river is a steel track while Rivers is concrete. Cross River has 1 track while Rivers has 2 tracks. Cross River train is a P8 while Rivers trains are P30 models of same brand. Cross river is 3km while Rivers is 20km. Cross River has 3 stations while Rivers has 14. Lastly, for the fac that Rivers is doing this within the city tells you how difficult and expensive it most be against the tourist version.

I guess people like you dont see anything good unless its done by PDP, thats how your leaders stood by and watched the Hausa Senators redistribute funds meant for the Lagos calabar rail.

The cost of compensation in Rivers State in some instances surpassed the cost of actual construction.

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by giles14(m): 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
Isoni:

Cross River State wednesday recorded another remarkable achievement following the maiden ride of its ultra-modern monorail which took off from the Tinapa Business and Leisure Resort to the Calabar International Convention Centre (CICC) at the Summit Hills and back to Tinapa.

This feat is one in a series of pioneering achievements which the state is known for.
The Donald Duke’s administration was the first to introduce a cable car in Nigeria, and the longest in Africa, just as it was the first to launch a canopy walkway in Nigeria.

On board the maiden ride was the state Governor, Prof. Ben Ayade, Managing Director, Assets Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON), Mr. Ahmed Kuru and its top management staff, among others.

The premier monorail is designed as a transit for tourists between the Tinapa Business and Leisure Resort and the 5,000 seating capacity, multipurpose Calabar International Convention Centre.

Expressing excitement shortly after embarking on the leisure ride, the Managing Director of AMCON, Kuru, said: “Cross River had done it again. First, it was the longest cable car in Africa, then the longest canopy walkway and today we are riding on the first monorail in sub-Sahara Africa and it is something that is highly commendable.”
Kuru, who was literally wowed by the elegance and luxury of the monorail testified: “The experience was quite awesome because it gives you the opportunity to see one of the most beautiful scenery in the world and I am very impressed about what I saw.”

Speaking on the new business frontier with the state government on the management of the premier business resort, the MD said: “Like I always hold, Tinapa is more than a business, it is Nigeria’s heritage. It is important that we look at it beyond Cross River State because it is a heritage that we must work together as federal government and the state to project Nigeria which is what informed my visit to initiate this partnership.”

He explained that Tinapa is nature and technology at play that if fully harnessed and aggressively projected, can contribute immensely to the transformation of socio-economic landscape of the nation.

Responding, Ayade said the coming of AMCON for the maiden ride was an indication that the company was willing and readily available to partner the state to revamp Tinapa.

He said: “As you rightly heard from the AMCON MD, Tinapa is not only a heritage, it is the pride of Nigeria and AMCON is here to give a helping hand to resuscitate this robust and tantalising resort and bring it to its full potential in addition to what they are proposing to add.
“So for me, this new frontier with AMCON, which is talking about a partnership that has two vibrant technocrats with bright ideas and strong belief in Nigeria as a nation, is the one that will definitely translate into grater fortunes for Cross River and Nigeria at large.”

Lauding the new leadership of the asset company, Ayade said: “I am so glad that today in AMCON, we have a man who believes in true leader. It is only when we rise above ethnic sentiments and embrace governance while also allowing business to thrive by its natural forces that we will survive as a nation. AMCON has today demonstrated true leadership and has shown not just the love for Cross River State but love for Nigeria at large.”

On his desire to see to the completion of his predecessors’ uncompleted projects, considering the huge cost involved, Ayade reasoned: “I am very excited that I played a major role in seeing to the realization of this project.

Don’t forget that this project was conceptualised by Donald Duke, prosecuted by Senator Liyel Imoke who came and gave it his best by pumping in a lot of money to see it come to life. I came in, in spite of the lean resources. I shut down everything to ensure that it has light.

“With this, we can clearly see that Cross River State shows consistency in leadership from Donald to Liyel and now Ayade, I see everyone carrying on other’s projects. I want to ensure that all the projects that were started by my predecessors are completed, even as I also pursue my signature projects side by side.

“My primary focus in the first three years is to ensure the completion of all projects embarked upon by Senator Liyel Imoke before I embark on my own key projects.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/28/ayade-amcon-boss-take-maiden-ride-on-calabar-monorail/
kudo's to cross river gov.more grease to your elbow. ameachi were is river's mono rail after spending $2b
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by deebsman1(m): 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
pls can u provide d physical picture, not architectural prototypes, u know?

saintkeppy:
. Are u 4 real or u are joking?
What u manage to see is what is on ground. Part of the initial plans by then Gov. Duke was to construct a mono rail linking TINAPA BUSINESS RESORT to MARGRET EKPO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE.
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by qtx(m): 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2016
Yea, Ben my boy is trying. I think he is taking after me. grin
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Bibyken(f): 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
Jacko1:
Wat is if u hav nothin to say.... That is not a transportation objective met.... Its an amusement park ride..... Hw many kilometres wil it cover.... Does it relief any traffic situation
Later calabar wil rush to cnn n be making noise
bad belle is allowed!
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by NaWetinDey(m): 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
Now this is how vissionary leadership leaves vision to become reality. We need Lrt and Speed rail as well. Nigeria has all the capacity.
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
Rivers state people, una go suffer tiaaaa.....shai una dey see
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Goddex: 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
deebsman1:
i can only c prototype o, where d real pix ...naija politicians since 1900 sha grin

Bros, those are real pictures you saw there
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Goddex: 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2016
janellemonae:
I really like cross rivers and lagos state governors. Tinubu and Donald duke charted a new course for their states and all the govs after them have continued and done more with those plans. Continuity is so important, not just scrapping things and starting over.

Taaaa . . . . .stop calling that thief Tinubu's name here.

1 Like

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
Goddex:

Taaaa . . . . .stop calling that thief Tinubu's name here.

Do u even live in lagos? Unfortunately some of us know what tinubu did. He started LAMATA and planned the BRT and the lagos metro line. All those things are being used and some still in construction today and they radically transformed the streets of lagos. I still remember the days of molues and trash on lagos express roads. What legacy did ur state governor leave behind and is being worked on by the current governor? Im guessing NONE.
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by deebsman1(m): 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lol, i hear u o
Goddex:

Bros, those are real pictures you saw there
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by saintkeppy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
deebsman1:
pls can u provide d physical picture, not architectural prototypes, u know?

. Na wa 4u o! Bros, Thats not prototype its real pix, try & differentiate prototype pix from real pix, besides i'm not in calabar at the moment to take the pictures. I would rather invite u over so u can see&touch, probably take a trip together cos seein' is believin'. The mono rail project was almost ready for use just b4 former Gov. Imoke left office, what was remaining was some finishing touches which was due to financial commitments. Gov. Ayade was working on it in making sure the mono rail comes up live & operational.
One thing about past CRS indigenous Governors is the ability to leave behind 1 or 2 monumental Legacies. The present Governor's major projects are CR super highway linking calabar with the interior uphill northern part of the state & neighbouring state of Benue, President Buhari had already done the ground-breaking ceremony to that effect last year. The aim is to reduce traveling time from 6hrs to maybe 2&half hr from calabar & to serve as evacuation corridor to the proposed Deep seaport at New Bakassi another of his project too. We only hope, he will be able to accomplish this.
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by gonkraziiiiii: 3:07am On Apr 29, 2016
Hmmmm distance BTW d place with car Na 10 mins drive....dis one Na like 5mins n ud cross water shikina.....make e for b like we no build something Na...waste...I live in calabar so I kno
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by ocelot2006(m): 6:57am On Apr 29, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked

Exactly what Jonathan could not achieve in five years reign angry

Jonathan revived the nation's once dead rail network. You probably need to forward your post to Amaechi and his "flying" monorail in PHC.
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by arresa: 8:30am On Apr 29, 2016
Reference:

How much did that Opobo Road cost. That is what we are saying. Project delivery should be viewed in the context of resources available. Back to the monorail. If Cross-Rivers can deliver 3 kilometres, Rivers should be able to deliver 15 kilometres reaching at least Eleme Junction within approximatelqy the same time frame.

I see no logic on your part. Where is the sense and logic in comparing both states when in fact the scope of development, project delivery and scale are very different.

Amaechi built over new 100 health centers, but how many was built in cross rivers?

Amaechi built hundreds of new and the best schools in Nigeria, but tell us how many was built in cross rivers.

Amaechi built a sports complex, tell us if there is any in cross rivers or anywhere in the whole of SE/SS..

Amaechi built more hoapitals than the rest of the SE/SS.

Amaechi built more roads and fly over bridges than the rest of the entire SE/SS combined.

Amaechi's monorail is vissionary and more comprehensive than the low grade tourist monorail in cross rivers..

One tourist monorail in cross rivers is absolutely not enough to support your illogical comparison.
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by jpphilips(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
adanny01:

I think you should be shameful, calling someone a liar with no facts. Are Nigerians divided into either APC or PDP touts? It is a fact that the Cross river mono rail is absolutely incomparable to the Rivers. One is a tourist transit train and the other a mass transit train. Cross river is a steel track while Rivers is concrete. Cross River has 1 track while Rivers has 2 tracks. Cross River train is a P8 while Rivers trains are P30 models of same brand. Cross river is 3km while Rivers is 20km. Cross River has 3 stations while Rivers has 14. Lastly, for the fac that Rivers is doing this within the city tells you how difficult and expensive it most be against the tourist version.

I guess people like you dont see anything good unless its done by PDP, thats how your leaders stood by and watched the Hausa Senators redistribute funds meant for the Lagos calabar rail.

20km from lagos bus stop to Mile 1? do you have any idea what 20km is? Eliozu round about to Omagwa round about is 20km if you need an example.
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by hatchy(f): 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
skare:
Waste of resources if u ask me,cos monorail is not even up to 3km.Bridge would have beeno better.
Are you still taking that stuff Doctors asked you to stop taking??
People like you don't see anything good on what others achieved.
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by adanny01(m): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
jpphilips:

20km from lagos bus stop to Mile 1? do you have any idea what 20km is? Eliozu round about to Omagwa round about is 20km if you need an example.

I tried to find your point, i only saw 20km which i will respond to.

I expected you to research well before questioning the 20km.

Phase 1A of the PH project is over 5km, other phases make the rest. More than half of the 5km has been completed but for Madam Patience interferance, PH would have been the 1st to have monorail. Technically, they are, since their monorail train was tested. An is very much on ground.

Because you are familiar with Lagos does not mean PH is so small that you cannot travel 100km within the city.

I wont say much but the screen shot shows it from the contractor's site.

Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by hopilo: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
skare:
Waste of resources if u ask me,cos monorail is not even up to 3km.Bridge would have been better.
Guy you are very correct. it a waste of resources as it does not help the common man. If the monorail starts from tinapa to watt market that will be beneficial to the common man.
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by jpphilips(m): 5:52pm On May 01, 2016
adanny01:

I tried to find your point, i only saw 20km which i will respond to.

I expected you to research well before questioning the 20km.

Phase 1A of the PH project is over 5km, other phases make the rest. More than half of the 5km has been completed but for Madam Patience interferance, PH would have been the 1st to have monorail. Technically, they are, since their monorail train was tested. An is very much on ground.

Because you are familiar with Lagos does not mean PH is so small that you cannot travel 100km within the city.

I wont say much but the screen shot shows it from the contractor's site.

Seems you don't know the difference between a proposed project and a completed one. smh
Re: Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail by AbuEzeFemi(m): 12:58am On Feb 18, 2017
Am proud to be associated with excellence

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Body Of Idris Legbo Kutigi Arrives Nigeria (Photos) / Saraki, Gbemi Kick As Library Named After Their Father Is Demolished / 2023: NLC, Falana Back Peter Obi As Labour Party’s Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.