Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. (539 Views)

Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) / Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. / Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by abolore80(m): 10:46am On Apr 28, 2016
Hello guys, please there's a howling sound coming from the hood/front side of my Honda shuttle. I have changed the hub, but sound still persist. It becomes very noisy from 60kph upwards. It reduces as the speed comes down and also increases as the speed increases and it becomes very noisy between 80-100kph. What could be the cause of this noise as I have change the hub. Guys please let's solve this. Sienna, Gazzuz, et al...
Re: Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2016
You've posted this query already, I've responded too...in your original thread. Making duplicates makes it harder to keep track.

Please, stick to just 1.
Re: Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by AutoJoshNG: 11:24am On Apr 28, 2016
abolore80:
Hello guys, please there's a howling sound coming from the hood/front side of my Honda shuttle. I have changed the hub, but sound still persist. It becomes very noisy from 60kph upwards. It reduces as the speed comes down and also increases as the speed increases and it becomes very noisy between 80-100kph. What could be the cause of this noise as I have change the hub. Guys please let's solve this. Sienna, Gazzuz, et al...

Hello Abolore80,

The problem is most likely your tire or the wheel bearing. Your tire may have an uneven wear due to imbalance. Make sure you do wheel balancing and alignment if the tires are changed.

It could also be from the transmission due to low oil, blocked oil filter or damaged gear/bearing inside the transmission. However, this is unlikely.

Finally, ensure your wheels look straight to the Unclad eye, they must not have camber angles.

Autojoshng
Re: Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by abolore80(m): 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
Thanks AutojoshNG, will look at the three possible causes you've highlighted. The tires are relatively new andi just did alignment about 3weeks ago. I will look at swapping the tires and then do another alignment and balancing. I gauged the gear oil 3days ago and the it's okay. If it's due to bearing wear, does that mean that the transmission is going bad? Am sorry about the double post, it's due to network error. I must have reposted again when the first one I posted brought an error reply. Will look at those 3 areas and then get back to the house. Thanks
Re: Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by AutoJoshNG: 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
abolore80:
Thanks AutojoshNG, will look at the three possible causes you've highlighted. The tires are relatively new andi just did alignment about 3weeks ago. I will look at swapping the tires and then do another alignment and balancing. I gauged the gear oil 3days ago and the it's okay. If it's due to bearing wear, does that mean that the transmission is going bad? Am sorry about the double post, it's due to network error. I must have reposted again when the first one I posted brought an error reply. Will look at those 3 areas and then get back to the house. Thanks

Hello Abolore80,

It is possible but we hope it has not gotten to that. Make sure you use the computerized alignment system. If you reside in lagos, there is a one on Ikorodu road just before Fadeyi bus-stop when heading towards Ojuelegba and another one in Apapa at the intersection of Commercial road and Warehouse road.

Autojoshng

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed / Check Light Flashing / Missing Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.