Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft (16963 Views)

Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief / Pastor Chidi Okafor "Strikes Woman With Blindness", Accuses Her Of Witchcraft / Little Child Tortured For Days Over Witchcraft Accusation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by johnydon22(m): 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
Fear: Is a very important aspect of our natural self, it is rooted in survival and is a fueling value for our Survival Instincts

But when this Factor is misplaced, misused, far stretched and imaginative, it becomes a dangerous value, it becomes detrimental to survival and a psychological prison that can mar our psychological well being.

I live in a society deep in the heart land of Enugu like all southern states is lit with magnanimous religious activities, a gripping clutch of outright superstitious fantasy, a pitiable belief and fear of witchcraft.

"Mrs Mmuo has been accused by her daughter
in-law of being a witch.
She lost two babies in miscarriages and the last was a still birth.
the only chant she knows right now is

"My mother in-law is a witch, she ate my babies, my pastor confirmed it"

Mr Obiajulu has been branded a wizard by his Children, he had laboured to see them through school now they are independent.
the first son had some troubles in his business and the man of god's never wrong pointing hands fell on his father.

Now the song is "My Father is a wizard working against my progress, man of God confirmed it"

Yes little children are not left out of the party,
any child with a slightly unique but different character is a witch, a reincarnation of an ancestral spirit .

The prayer house even used Cane on the little Ada to get her to confess.
Marks of darkened cane stripes adorn her flesh as a testimony.

"Holy Ghost fires" rents the air as the church beside attack spiritually the witches of the night while the rest of us need to twist and turn in bed unable to close our eyes from the shouts and bangs robbing us of sleep.

The average Nigerian society is riddled by the fear of Witches and Wizards, by the fear of such vague abstract notions that is no more than a psychological epilepsy conceived by a misplaced fearful mind.

it is a dangerous belief, a social menace and a stumbling block to our psychological growth.

-Every whiff of wind is a witch-craft manifestation.

-the rats and cockroaches in the house trying to find something to eat are in fact monitoring spirits sent from the village to monitor progresses.

-The cry of owls in the night is actually that of a witch in assignment..

-A child talking in the sleep is possessed.

- Every weird looking uncle or grand mother is actually one responsible for your problems.

-Every night mare is a revelation that an evil is attacking you.

It has gotten to the point that Husbands can accuse wives, mothers accuses children, wifes accuse mother in-laws, uncles, fathers, grand mothers, grand fathers.

everyone is caught in that web of fearful accusations and untold scare.

If you wear a red shade, you will see everything in a shade of red, the trees will beam down with red leaves, the sky will be smeared with red

It is time to take out that red shade, time to rid your mind of unhealthy baseless beliefs rooted in sheepish fear, ignorance and simplistic gullibility to what bible wielding, tongue firing, swag bearing men of God said.

The mind can be our greatest ally and our greatest foe, if you convince yourself that you are being chased surely you'll live the rest of your life running from nothing other than your own mind.

You'll spend your life battling imaginary enemies every night and day in an unending streak of illusionary wars.

You will be a prisoner of your own mind, a captive of your own fear and that can only diminish your ability to live freely.

It is time to take out the red shade and see clearer
time to shed these vague abstract fears and breathe freely

Nothing diminishes the human potential more than victimization of one's self.
Stop blaming every other thing for your misfortune and thereby making yourself the victim.

One problem with such fearful vague fantasies is that it keeps you busy fighting over enemies that are not there, compounding your problems with imaginary causes thereby invoking the need for imaginary solutions.

That is when our belief and fear becomes an enemy to self.

The rate of such demeaning belief etched in the minds of the average Nigerian makes this society an easy prey for selfish con men who would utilize this fear to extort the masses while dipping them deeper into this illusionary show down of fearful fantasy.

It is either you choose to be master of your own self by ridding your mind of any diminishing belief and fear or you subject yourself to the rule of your fears.

Removed the red shade and put on a clearer one
That a suit wearing man accused your mother to be the architects of your problem doesn't make it true, your illness are natural, your dreams are a projection of your mind, nobody is tying down your progress.

In a life and society ruled by random uncharted interactions there is bound to be an uncaring outcome from these events.
Good and bad can happen to anybody irrespective of their belief or character, what you make of such situations is all that matters.

Roping them around belief in witches rather compounds your problems and keeps you busy chasing and fighting nothing ..

We should all gun towards a healthy mind, unshackled by fear of vague concepts and unbound by imaginary battles.

Our youths should stop mobbing old men and women in the name of killing witches such practises are long gone in the global scale and are regarded as the dark ages in human history.

Children should stop being beaten, maimed and even burnt because of flimsy baseless accusations emanating from a con mind swallowed by a fearful and gullible mind.

With the sad eventuality of this demeaning beliefs in such a vague notion as Witches, with it's effects found in almost every nook and cranny of our society.

One can rightly assert that belief in witchcraft is a social menace, one we must evolve and leave behind for our own good.

89 Likes 26 Shares

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by surestakes: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
FTC!
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by hahn(m): 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
Woman!

Get down from there angry

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by ValentineMary(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
FTC on Johnny topic. *dances skelewu* Nice one bro u nailed it again.
Damn it. She beat me to it *sobs*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by urahara(m): 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
johnydon22:
Fear: Is a very important aspect of our natural self, it is rooted in survival and is a fueling value for our Survival Instincts

But when this Factor is misplaced, misused, far stretched and imaginative, it becomes a dangerous value, it becomes detrimental to survival and a psychological prison that can mar our psychological well being.

I live in a society deep in the heart land of Enugu like all southern states is lit with magnanimous religious activities, a gripping clutch of outright superstitious fantasy, a pitiable belief and fear of witchcraft.

"Mrs Mmuo has been accused by her daughter
in-law of being a witch.
She lost two babies in miscarriages and the last was a still birth.
the only chant she knows right now is

"My mother in-law is a witch, she ate my babies, my pastor confirmed it"

Mr Obiajulu has been branded a wizard by his Children, he had laboured to see them through school now they are independent.
the first son had some troubles in his business and the man of god's never wrong pointing hands fell on his father.

Now the song is "My Father is a wizard working against my progress, man of God confirmed it"

Yes little children are not left out of the party,
any child with a slightly unique but different character is a witch, a reincarnation of an ancestral spirit .

The prayer house even used Cane on the little Ada to get her to confess.
Marks of darkened cane stripes adorn her flesh as a testimony.

"Holy Ghost fires" rents the air as the church beside attack spiritually the witches of the night while the rest of us need to twist and turn in bed unable to close our eyes from the shouts and bangs robbing us of sleep.

The average Nigerian society is riddled by the fear of Witches and Wizards, by the fear of such vague abstract notions that is no more than a psychological epilepsy conceived by a misplaced fearful mind.

it is a dangerous belief, a social menace and a stumbling block to our psychological growth.

-Every whiff of wind is a witch-craft manifestation.

-the rats and cockroaches in the house trying to find something to eat are in fact monitoring spirits sent from the village to monitor progresses.

-The cry of owls in the night is actually that of a witch in assignment..

-A child talking in the sleep is possessed.

- Every weird looking uncle or grand mother is actually one responsible for your problems.

-Every night mare is a revelation that an evil is attacking you.

It has gotten to the point that Husbands can accuse wives, mothers accuses children, wifes accuse mother in-laws, uncles, fathers, grand mothers, grand fathers.

everyone is caught in that web of fearful accusations and untold scare.

If you wear a red shade, you will see everything in a shade of red, the trees will beam down with red leaves, the sky will be smeared with red

It is time to take out that red shade, time to rid your mind of unhealthy baseless beliefs rooted in sheepish fear, ignorance and simplistic gullibility to what bible wielding, tongue firing, swag bearing men of God said.

The mind can be our greatest ally and our greatest foe, if you convince yourself that you are being chased surely you'll live the rest of your life running from nothing other than your own mind.

You'll spend your life battling imaginary enemies every night and day in an unending streak of illusionary wars.

You will be a prisoner of your own mind, a captive of your own fear and that can only diminish your ability to live freely.

It is time to take out the red share and see clearer
time to shed these vague abstract fears and breathe freely

Nothing diminishes the human potential more than victimization of one's self.
Stop blaming every other thing for your misfortune and thereby making yourself the victim.

One problem with such fearful vague fantasies is that it keeps you busy fighting over enemies that are not there, compounding your problems with imaginary causes thereby invoking the need for imaginary solutions.

That is when our belief and fear becomes an enemy to self.

The rate of such demeaning belief etched in the minds of the average Nigeria makes this society an easy prey for selfish con men who would utilize this fear to extort the masses while dipping them deeper into this illusionary show down of fearful fantasy.

It is either you choose to be master of your own self by ridding your mind of any diminishing belief and fear or you subject yourself to the rule of your fears.

Removed the red shade and put on a clearer one
That a suit wearing man accused your mother to be the architects of your problem doesn't make it true, your illness are natural, your dreams are a projection of your mind, nobody is tying down your progress.

In a life and society ruled by random uncharted interactions there is bound to be an uncaring outcome from these events.
Good and bad can happen to anybody irrespective of their belief or character, what you make of such situations is all that matters.

Roping them around belief in witches rather compounds your problems and keeps you busy chasing and fighting nothing ..

We should all gun towards a healthy mind, unshackled by fear of vague concepts and unbound by imaginary battles.

Our youths should stop mobbing old men and women in the name of killing witches such practises are long gone in the global scale and are regarded as the dark ages in human history.

Children should stop being beaten, maimed and even burnt because of flimsy baseless accusations emanating from a con mind swallowed by a fearful and gullible mind.

With the sad eventuality of this demeaning beliefs in such a vague notion as Witches, with it's effects found in almost every nook and cranny of our society.

One can rightly assert that belief in witchcraft is a social menace, one we must evolve and leave behind for our own good.

Cc. ValentineMary (Who suggested this topic) Hahn, opeyemiolu, Shollyps, plaetton.

Lovely write up. Uncle johnny don22.

This is what gave that pastor oyedepo the morale to slap that young lady.

Instead of xtians to tackle the problems that are real they choose to blame them on beings that dont exist.

If a wealthy man gets married to his wife and after a week he gets poor . xtians would attribute this to witchcraft.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by urahara(m): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
Like seriously. Do people kill people for being witches in this present day and age.

Cc johnnydon22
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by opeaceo: 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
urahara:

Lovely write up. Uncle johnny don22.

This is what gave that pastor oyedepo the morale to slap that young lady.

Instead of xtians to tackle the problems that are real they choose to blame them on beings that dont exist.

If a wealthy man gets married to his wife and after a week he gets poor . xtians would attribute this to witchcraft.

You can't generalise about Christians like that. "some Christians" in place of Christians should be used.

3 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by johnydon22(m): 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2016

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by urahara(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:

You can't generalise about Christians like that. "some Christians" in place of Christians should be used.

I m not generalising

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by johnydon22(m): 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Very correct, not all Christians believe such tales by the moonlight like witches..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by hahn(m): 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:

It is a general thing and very common with Christians

4 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by johnydon22(m): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
hahn:

Not all of them but Most do
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by hahn(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
johnydon22:

Very correct, not all Christians believe such tales by the moonlight like witches..

Lol. The ones that believe will argue with you that those who don't believe aren't real Christians

8 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by hahn(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
johnydon22:

Not all of them but Most do

hahn:

Lol. The ones that believe will argue with you that those who don't believe aren't real Christians

tongue
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by opeaceo: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
hahn:

Your brother in the "faith" has helped me out.
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by johnydon22(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
Cc. lalasticlala mynd44
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by opeaceo: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
hahn:

What you have up here is a LIE and a huge one at that. Enough of derailing biko.

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by hahn(m): 2:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Your brother in the "faith" has helped me out.

And I have corrected him.

Do you believe in witches? Do you believe it is possible that people can ruin one's destiny? Do you believe that witches use cats to operate on people? Do you believe that some children are witches? Do you believe that the devil is responsible for the evil in the world?

A big YES or NO please

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by opeaceo: 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
hahn:

And I have corrected him.

Do you believe in witches? Do you believe it is possible that people can ruin one's destiny? Do you believe that witches use cats to operate on people? Do you believe that some children are witches? Do you believe that the devil is responsible for the evil in the world?

A big YES or NO please

NO, YES, NO, NO, indifferent.

You owe me something for answering these questions.
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by urahara(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
johnydon22:

I have never in my life seen a xtian dat doesnt bliv in witches neva

3 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by urahara(m): 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by opeaceo: 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
urahara:

I've seen a lot of Christians that do not believe in witches, so where do we start??

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by urahara(m): 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:

I've seen a lot of Christians that do not believe in witches, so where do we start??

What denominations are they from

And secondly do u have the same view
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by opeaceo: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
urahara:

What denominations are they from
And secondly do u have the same view
They cut across Some Denominations, and I have the same view.
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by johnydon22(m): 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
urahara:

opeaceo should be an example of such Christian

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by urahara(m): 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:

They cut across Some Denominations, and I have the same view.

So u dont bliv that ur relatives in the village have the p9wer to destroy u
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by Oxytocin(m): 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
urahara:

I don't believe in witches,or should I say, I don't want to believe witches exist and Yea, I'm a Christian
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by hahn(m): 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:

NO, YES, NO, NO, indifferent.

You owe me something for answering these questions.

You answered YES. Who you come dey defend? undecided
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by johnydon22(m): 2:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
urahara:

CHISOSSS. i dnt bliv dis . in dis jet age
Computer age rather, we've gone past the jet age ... which makes such belief and practises rather demeaning and insulting to the human intellect and development

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by opeaceo: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
hahn:

You answered YES. Who you come dey defend? undecided

You asked if it was possible for people to ruin ones destiny and I answered YES because it's not only witches that have the capability of doing such.

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by urahara(m): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
johnydon22:

Computer age rather, we've gone past the jet age
Noted
Re: The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft by opeaceo: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oxytocin:

I don't believe in witches,or should I say, I don't want to believe witches exist and Yea, I'm a Christian

A bottle of Ribena for ya #smiles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. / . / What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.