Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,273 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? (23943 Views)

More Data Or More Airtime: Which Do You Prefer? / Which Browser Is Best For Android Phones? / Which Browser Is Better Than UC Browser? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Tellemall: 8:48am On Apr 29, 2016
greenhulk:

I strongly believe that is the fault of ur device. Chrome is one of the best browsers when it comes to keeping webpages in memory. Does ur device have 1gb of ram?

Personally, I find chrome tedious to use. I don't particularly like the interface. Although I hear it's all that, I prefer UC. All the stuff about restarting tabs on exiting UC isn't true. Unless the person has settings off for restarting tabs. UC opens over 10 tabs, contrary to popular belief.

The only time chrome gets opened is when somebody else browses on my phone.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Adek15(m): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2016
bunmioguns:
Team uc browser
uc browser is by far the best. Saves data, easy download, cool surfing e.T.C. the only problem is, u can't save page
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Kaycee7(m): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2016
Chrome and UcBrowser. I'm just so comfortable with both.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Shimish: 8:53am On Apr 29, 2016
based on my opinion, I hate chrome because of the annoying pop ups. very frustrating when you open a page, and it forces an app to trigger your Google play store. I use opera mini for light browsing, and uc for downloads. in fact Google chrome should be changed to pop-up chrome
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by hob(m): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2016
Used Opera mini b4, but i ve switched to chrome
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 29, 2016
DifferentBoy1:
Uc browser 10.9.0 is the best thing that can happen to human.....
It speed is same as the speed of light.
It features even more than chrome.
You can stream live videos and mp3 on it.
You can make your pic it's default theme.
It loads two pages at once saving you MB.
No browser can compete.

And u think chrome cannot stream videos and mp3?

Making ur pic its default theme... U mean that nonsense childish ' nice one ' that appears on every photo? Do people actually like that trash?

How do u cope with Uc browser closing all ur tabs when restarting whenever u navigate away to another app?
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by hardeydhoying(m): 8:59am On Apr 29, 2016
greenhulk:

I strongly believe that is the fault of ur device. Chrome is one of the best browsers when it comes to keeping webpages in memory. Does ur device have 1gb of ram?

I've been using Chrome on that particular device for over 8 months and it was perfect, the problem start when Google rollout an update for Chrome and then, there comes the problem.

In fact, after the update on my phone, I updated the Chrome on my PC, and now I'm experience "Chrome Not responding" error on PC too
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2016
greenhulk:

on lollipop chrome dont keep webpages in memory.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 9:04am On Apr 29, 2016
Adek15:
uc browser is by far the best. Saves data, easy download, cool surfing e.T.C. the only problem is, u can't save page
uc mini save page.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by kelxon(m): 9:05am On Apr 29, 2016
Chrome is the best kiss
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Viccctor(m): 9:07am On Apr 29, 2016
Mehn.... Am usin instagram...
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 9:07am On Apr 29, 2016
greenhulk:

How do u cope with Uc browser closing all ur tabs when restarting whenever u navigate away to another app?
My Uc don't close tabs. I don't where yours is from
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by slytubadth(m): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2016
Sexytemi:

okay....but that doesn't change my opinion o
And its doesnt change that lovely smile you got on ur dp..
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Squares: 9:12am On Apr 29, 2016
why would you use opera mini for filling forms.... shaiiii some pple sha. it's opera MINI you can choose to download the main opera if you are using a smart phone. chrome is ok sha but if i want save my data usage opera mini is the best
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2016
Stock browsers are always the best cos they are usually more optimised. Mine is samsung's stock browser. fvck ads mehn
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by OAUTemitayo: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2016
Sexytemi:
Uc mini/Uc browser. o, opera mini is so annoying and data consuming....
You definitely don't know what is called data
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 9:22am On Apr 29, 2016
ollah1:
Stock browsers are always the best cos they are usually more optimised. Mine is samsung's stock browser. fvck ads mehn
but guy if you use those ancient android stock browser you will definitely run from stock browser.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by hardeydhoying(m): 9:23am On Apr 29, 2016
Collinz2:

In fact, after their recent Chrome update, Chrome isn't so good with keeping webpages in memory even in Kitkat unlike before.

But it's still better at it then Lollipop.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 9:26am On Apr 29, 2016
hardeydhoying:

In fact, after their recent Chrome update, Chrome isn't so good with keeping webpages in memory even in Kitkat unlike before.

But it's still better at it then Lollipop.
I don't use chrome too much redirection.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by famzynet: 9:27am On Apr 29, 2016
Mozilla Firefox all the way.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 29, 2016
Collinz2:

It depends on devices. On HTC one m7/m8 chrome keeps tabs in memory on lollipop even though lollipop has this memory leak issues which was supposedly fixed on 5.1 in fact there are lots of 2gb ram phones running lollipop without memory leak. on Samsung galaxy a6 however not only chrome but every browser struggle to keep pages in memory... Just a 1 minute navigation away from browser and it will reload every page but at least it doesn't kill ur tabs like uc does.

But with marshmallow this problem was fixed on the s6. Now it can keep chrome in memory for a very long time with every tabs intact.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by hardeydhoying(m): 9:28am On Apr 29, 2016
Collinz2:
I don't use chrome too much redirection.

Oh, what do you use?
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by dubbiskelly(m): 9:28am On Apr 29, 2016
Safari.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by morganist99(m): 9:30am On Apr 29, 2016
MizMyColi:

Did you read where I wrote that it's built on a Chromium engine, the kind that makes Google chrome what it is?

And who told you that HiOS copied google chrome in its browser?

Are you aware that the chromium engine/browser is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. The browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features and they have different licensing.

So, pray tell, how is HiOS browser Google chrome in disguise?
My bad I just went through the open source licence of the hi os you are right...sorry miss

1 Like

Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Sexytemi(f): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2016
slytubadth:
And its doesnt change that lovely smile you got on ur dp..

smileysmileysmiley
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Sexytemi(f): 9:34am On Apr 29, 2016
OAUTemitayo:

You definitely don't know what is called data

No sir, i don't....can you pls be so kind enough as to explain what a data is to thus novic?angry
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2016
Sexytemi:

No sir, i don't....can you pls be so kind enough as to explain what a data is to thus novic?angry
if you think opera consume data then try safari on iphone.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Gptech(m): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2016
Collinz2:
My Uc don't close tabs. I don't where yours is from
Seconded!
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 9:40am On Apr 29, 2016
hardeydhoying:

Oh, what do you use?
opera for easy surfing and uc for downloads and streaming outside youtube.

1 Like

Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by hardeydhoying(m): 9:40am On Apr 29, 2016
greenhulk:

It depends on devices. On HTC one m7/m8 chrome keeps tabs in memory on lollipop even though lollipop has this memory leak issues which was supposedly fixed on 5.1 in fact there are lots of 2gb ram phones running lollipop without memory leak. on Samsung galaxy a6 however not only chrome but every browser struggle to keep pages in memory... Just a 1 minute navigation away from browser and it will reload every page but at least it doesn't kill ur tabs like uc does.

But with marshmallow this problem was fixed on the s6. Now it can keep chrome in memory for a very long time with every tabs intact.

I don't know much about Marshmallow, but Lollipop is my everyday candy... grin

UC Browser on Lollipop runs perfectly well, I have 5 tabs and I'm still multitasking without UC killing the tabs.

I think all these Browser work best depending on the type of device.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2016
Opera Mini for short and simple web surfing

Chrome for major web surfing...this is the main for me cheesy

UCbrowser for downloads.
Re: Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? by Gptech(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2016
greenhulk:

And u think chrome cannot stream videos and mp3?

Making ur pic its default theme... U mean that nonsense childish ' nice one ' that appears on every photo? Do people actually like that trash?

Maybe d problem is with ur device bro, uc browser never closes my tabs even when I switch off and on my device.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension / Nokia Themes Download / My Infinix Hot Note Broken Screen =help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.